Battlefield 4- Out on October 29th (current gen)

• Thread starter Darren.
  • 2,534 comments
How guys could resist buying Premium is beyond me :)

If its a game I know I'm going to sink a lot of time into I almost feel obliged to buy the premium just so I'm sure I'm getting the most out of the game and not missing anything. More power to you guys because I couldn't resist the temptation. Although I'd say I got my moneysworth after 435 hours of playtime and tbh that's not that much considering how much time some people have played. :)

It's easy when you don't have the funds to buy it, and the game had been a buggy mess for much too long.

It nearly ruined my PS3. I still get disc read errors every so often because of how awful it was.

I got Premium when I switched to BF4 on PC. The game itself isn't worth having on the old gen consoles. When my laptop broke a few weeks ago, I loaded it up on the PS3 again to play some BF4 and was wondering just how I managed to play the game back then.

I don't think the premium service is worth it at full price unless you can play in 64-player servers, like on the current-gen consoles and the PC.

Although I'd say I got my moneysworth after 435 hours of playtime and tbh that's not that much considering how much time some people have played. :)
Jep, I have 882hrs (1st account) and 347hr (2nd account) in BF4 and I'm still enjoying it very much. The only downside is that a lot of my friends have moved on to other games ending up in me playing by myself some evenings which is far not as enjoyable as with friends filling two squads.
I got Premium when I switched to BF4 on PC. The game itself isn't worth having on the old gen consoles. When my laptop broke a few weeks ago, I loaded it up on the PS3 again to play some BF4 and was wondering just how I managed to play the game back then.

I don't think the premium service is worth it at full price unless you can play in 64-player servers, like on the current-gen consoles and the PC.
I must agree on that. I played 32 on PS3 and switched to the 64 on PS4. Bought Premium as I got my PS4. Most maps are just made for 64 players.
Being with only 32 on them feels empty and makes you really search for the enemies.
The only reason I turned back to PS3 a while ago was simply to learn to fly a heli as there's way less odds of people with stingers and/or other rocketlaunchers. Other than that I wouldn't play it on PS3 again.

It's easy when you don't have the funds to buy it, and the game had been a buggy mess for much too long.

It nearly ruined my PS3. I still get disc read errors every so often because of how awful it was.

As I said, people who resist the purchase of something they like Vs. Something they don't like (what you seem to feel) is two different things.

Don't have the funds to buy it when its been out for 1 year 2 months? I do not earn a lot of money, Even to live on let alone to fund an expensive hobby like gaming but if you can't save £40 in over a year that's your fault. The thing is I don't think the guys before havnt purchased it through lack of funds but rather a choice. That's why I said my other post, People resisting purchasing something they want is a good thing. I wasn't insulting them. I was merely saying if I want something I know I'm going to use and get my moneysworth I get it. Funds permitting ofcourse.

And the PS3 issue. I doubt that's solely BF4s fault. BF3, Skyrim and whole manner of games have froze my PS3 over the years. Obviously due to how outdated it was for games like Those to run on it.

Jep, I have 882hrs (1st account) and 347hr (2nd account) in BF4 and I'm still enjoying it very much. The only downside is that a lot of my friends have moved on to other games ending up in me playing by myself some evenings which is far not as enjoyable as with friends filling two squads.

Cleaned out your buckets yet....... :)

As I said, people who resist the purchase of something they like Vs. Something they don't like (what you seem to feel) is two different things.

Don't have the funds to buy it when its been out for 1 year 2 months? I do not earn a lot of money, Even to live on let alone to fund an expensive hobby like gaming but if you can't save £40 in over a year that's your fault. The thing is I don't think the guys before havnt purchased it through lack of funds but rather a choice. That's why I said my other post, People resisting purchasing something they want is a good thing. I wasn't insulting them. I was merely saying if I want something I know I'm going to use and get my moneysworth I get it. Funds permitting ofcourse.

And the PS3 issue. I doubt that's solely BF4s fault. BF3, Skyrim and whole manner of games have froze my PS3 over the years. Obviously due to how outdated it was for games like Those to run on it.
Thanks for providing your input on this matter. I'm in a situation where I cannot earn money due to health reasons, so what little money I do manage to get for gaming purposes goes into paying for new games, not DLC, and especially not DLC that is $50. So when I do have the $60, it ends up going to a new game I want to play and not additional content for an old game. That, on top of having to now pay for PS+ to do any online gaming on PS4, which is also $50/year, means I don't have the justification to spend $50 on BF4 Premium.

Secondly, my PS3 ran perfectly fine until BF4 decided to freeze while saving between matches frequently, which resulted in the system needing to be hard reset each time. I have never had any issues where games froze while saving until I played BF4.

You don't have to thank me sarcastically for my input, You replied to my original post so i responded to yours...........

What I was saying about saving money is for people who actually wont that product/game/DLC they have been waiting for. I don't understand why you would bother replying to my original post when you clearly are not much of a fan of BF4 and have little intrest in premium So obviously you would have no problem resisting Premium as you clearly dont want it.........Where I say its your fault if you can't save £40 for something is again if you want a game/DLC etc. most people will be able to scrimp and save to be able to afford it. Your health problems however unfortunate are irrelevant to the conversation as you allude to the fact you would rather buy games than DLC which is understandable but just as expensive in most instances more so. So if you wanted a game but was short on money at that time you would save for it? That's what I was trying to say. The fact you have such little intrest for DLC questions the fact why you responded to my post in the first place.

Last edited:
It looks like we may be getting another DLC. There is supposed to be an announcement on the 9th.

Source

Excited to see whats instore.

Some BF3 maps and a couple of well loved BF3 weapons (G3, AN-94, MP5K and MG36 and I would be very happy. I would be contented with some BF3 maps though as I miss the good rush orientated maps like Damavand, Kharg and Bazzar (the latter two great for CQ aswell. As I am on PS4 now I would love to experience my favourite BF3 maps with the proper 32-64 size servers. Where I was resigned to the PS3 in the original days of BF3.

I would like to see Karkand and Sharqi Peninsula come back again. Any or all of the Aftermath DLC maps would also be welcomed.

I would like to see Karkand and Sharqi Peninsula come back again. Any or all of the Aftermath DLC maps would also be welcomed.

Absolutely, I would love to see those back too. Those two with Damavand and Bazzaar would be my choice. Sienne crossing would be really welcomed aswell.

I just heard from a friend BF4 + Premium is at a discount in the PS store at 35€. Premium alone could be cheaper as well but haven't checked it out myself.

I've managed to play mp for 113 hours and only lvl 64. I think I'll put a few more 100 hours into this game to reach rank 140. It's much better than Advanced warfare. Oh and premium is worth it for the double xp anf packs and extra dog tags.

Level 64 is far from half way to 130. I don't want to discourage you or anything. Just a little heads up.
You need about 10mil xp to reach level 100. At 22.6mil xp you're at 130 and from what I heard you'll need anothet good 10mil xp to get to 140.
I am currently sitting at 133 and it takes 910k xp to get to 134.

I just heard from a friend BF4 + Premium is at a discount in the PS store at 35€. Premium alone could be cheaper as well but haven't checked it out myself.
Still hasn't gone on sale once here.

Oh.. but apparently I never wanted to buy the DLC... so I guess I shouldn't be interested. :rolleyes:

Still hasn't gone on sale once here.

Oh.. but apparently I never wanted to buy the DLC... so I guess I shouldn't be interested. :rolleyes:

That's what it would seem........:rolleyes:

Thanks for providing your input on this matter. I'm in a situation where I cannot earn money due to health reasons, so what little money I do manage to get for gaming purposes goes into paying for new games, not DLC, and especially not DLC that is $50. So when I do have the $60, it ends up going to a new game I want to play and not additional content for an old game.

Level 64 is far from half way to 130. I don't want to discourage you or anything. Just a little heads up.
You need about 10mil xp to reach level 100. At 22.6mil xp you're at 130 and from what I heard you'll need anothet good 10mil xp to get to 140.
I am currently sitting at 133 and it takes 910k xp to get to 134.

Operation locker all day am lvl 65 now :P There's always a server which I join for locker no others because it has the best connection. That's alot of XP looking forward to the grind though this game is better than Advanced Warfare hopefully should be close by the time Bf Hardline comes out.

I am really disappointed Classic mode has not received more attention. After having not playing Normal in some time, I joined a normal server because I had played on that server in the past and enjoyed it. 3D spotting is awful. It ruins the game. Not actually needing to rely on my eyes to see enemies is a crutch. Squad leader spawn makes things much less frantic.

I haven't tried a server with Classic mode yet. I should really give it a try. The buttspawn upon buttspawn etc gets very anoying with times. Hopefully I can find a/some on PS4

I've been thinking of getting back to this game, any of you play on Xbox 1 or PS4? Would love to find a few people who play regularly and wouldn't mind me joining in.

So after all of us waiting expectingly for 9.00PST, The anouncement is that we have to wait even longer.:banghead:

Yep. Saw some stuff yesterday that they have not worked out enough details just yet.

tiggr said that they were planning on releasing actual details but they were stopped last moment.

I just haven't bought premium because of the amount I play this game (and how lackluster vanilla has been) so why would I spend $50 to find out if the rest of the maps are worth playing? I'm going to wait until it's on sale but it still isn't.

I just haven't bought premium because of the amount I play this game (and how lackluster vanilla has been) so why would I spend $50 to find out if the rest of the maps are worth playing? I'm going to wait until it's on sale but it still isn't.

Makes sense, If you don't sink much time into the game and havnt been that impressed with the game then why would you want premium? Or at least pay full price for it. My original comment was about how serious BF players can resist the urge of premium a year on from the games release. The amount of time I spent on BF4 I wanted premium to make sure I got the fullest experience possible. And also save 20% than if I purchased all DLCs on their own. If you don't take BF serious enough, Not intirely happy with the vanilla, Don't play it often enough to warrant more money spent on it and/or can't justify the expense. It goes without saying Premium isn't that necessary for you.

I forgot to post an update. I ended up getting premium and have been playing BF4 again. I was shocked how many goodies came with the premium purchase. I was opening packs for about 15 minutes straight!! Havent had a chance to try the new maps yet but I am hoping I will later this week.

I forgot to post an update. I ended up getting premium and have been playing BF4 again. I was shocked how many goodies came with the premium purchase. I was opening packs for about 15 minutes straight!! Havent had a chance to try the new maps yet but I am hoping I will later this week.
I was the exact same way, It felt like an endless barrage of presents :lol: What I disliked about it at the time was that there was not a selection to combine all the map packs on one rotation :( I got tired of playing the same 4 maps of DT, and having to quit to play something else.

Back