Votes: 100 31.3%
  • Gran Turismo 3

Votes: 47 14.7%
  • Gran Turismo 4

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
-> My list from the best to the absolute worst; I provided the vids the best way I can for vets and noobs alike. :)

GT1 JDM version

^ Gave me goosebumps when I first saw it, and still is now! :scared:

GT1 USDM version

^ Better flow than the original, but still has the same goosebumpy effect! :scared:

GT2 JDM version

^ The piano intro almost made me cry. Plus the S2000 has more screen time! :dopey:

GT2 USDM version

^ Epic song of all GT's as if the Cardigans made the single just for this game!!! 👍

GT3 USDM version

^ The remix is made for this game! 👍

GT3 JDM version

^ Intensified version of the original. :sly:

GT4 JDM version

^ From the opera to the original transition is sweet! :)

GT5P JDM & Euro versions
(JDM version)

(Euro version)

^ Two different vids with the same music; fits better than the USDM version. 👍

GT Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva

^ Very European-ish, I like its dramatic concept! 👍

GT Concept 2001 Tokyo

^ The music is like a sequel to the GT1 USDM! :)

GT4 Prologue

^ Wow! R2-D2 made a cameo! Makes me want to drive my S2K like mad! :crazy:👍

GT5P USDM version

^ Seems to me the music is too slow for the vid. :indiff:

GTHD

^ The music is too repetitive. :ouch:

GT4 USDM version
(click on image to view, YouTube blocks these vids)

^ The music seems to be out of place. :ill:

GT3 Euro version

^ The music is out of place. :indiff:

GT4 Euro version

^ Now, this sucks! :yuck:

-> I don't know if these are considered intros, but I'd like to show them anyway:

GT5P (spec II)

GT5P (Audi)

GT5P (spec III)

^ Gathering all these vids took me an hour, yaah! :scared:

For me it has to be GT1. But it's mainly because the first time I saw GT I was round a friends house, he loaded the game, the intro played and I was hooked. God knows how many thousands of miles and thousands of credits have gone since then!

As only 17%! of the people voted for the GT1 intro I think I can sincerly say that most people who voted didn't even see it yet!

The GT1 intro (PAL).
Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go (Chemical Brothers Mix) is one of my favorite songs of all time since ive seen this video for the first time.

They were all great though, extremely great tbh.

Part of the appeal of that song in GT1 is the fact that it's not some massive, commercial song we've all heard a million times like Panama and Kravitz's tune are. 👎:yuck:

And the Cranberries tune (GT2) is okay, but doesn't get me pumped at all. It's too sad. :( Who wants to "lose their favorite game?" lol

@ The Vanishing Boy: I was watching the GT2 US intro you posted, and near the end I realized something: the video isn't in sync with the song. On the GT2 disc I have, PD cut and spliced parts of the song to match with the events on screen. I found this intro on youtube right here.

Sorry, I don't mean to be annoying. Just nitpicky :dopey:. It's my favorite intro of any game, ever.

And thanks for posting ALL those videos. I hadn't seen most of them before today!

To me Gran Turismo 3 had the best looking intro, however Gran Turismo 2's intro got me hooked in the game and it emotionally pulled me into it. With that all being said, Gran Turismo 1's intro gave me chills due to its epicness. Therefore GT1 NTSC-U (USA) intro with The Chemical Brothers Remix of Everything Must Go is the best.

It has to be a tie between GT3 and GT4. Two amazing music artists, Lenny Kravitz and Van Halen. I can't choose! :nervous: And to add to that, both cars featured in those intros were pretty awesome too.

my favourite is any of the gt2 versions i like all of the different gt2 ones... however i wish PD would have kept the same intro for every diferent region of the game, its not like we hate moon over the castle outside of japan or anything?

GT4 - Best intro by FAR. I am not talking about "the best intro to a GT game", I am talking about the best intro to any game...EVER. EVERY single time I turned on the PS2 I had to watch that thing from beginning to end...and it gave me goose bumps up and down my arm EVERY time.

FYI - I am speaking of the US version with that "Moon Over The Castle..." song spliced with Van Halen's Panama. I watched the Japanese and European version and they didn't even come close. Panama was the kicker. The timing of the song kicking in, mixed with the editing of the racing scenes and the game sound effects was spot on perfect.

So, when I got GT5, I was chomping at the bit to see the intro...NOT better. Sorely disappointing.

GT3, Feeder's - Just a Day really is the perfect song for the video. followed by GT4's Kasabian - Reason is Treason. in my opinion both better than their versions from the other regions. Kravitz doesn't fit, and Panama fits more to drive around in enduro's with

GT3, Feeder's - Just a Day really is the perfect song for the video. followed by GT4's Kasabian - Reason is Treason. in my opinion both better than their versions from the other regions. Kravitz doesn't fit, and Panama fits more to drive around in enduro's with

Lenny fits in with the intro's footage very well. I had to watch and listen to Europe's version, and they pretty much used the same intro in the US, but with a Feeder song that did not go quite well. It did not have the same exciting feel to the game.

Now Panama fit in with the US intro decently, but it was not the best GT intro I have seen. I just feel sorry for the Japanese who's every Gran Turismo intro plays Moon Over the Castle, while we have a variety of songs for each title's intro. :sly:

With GT3 and Kravitz, it pumps me up and gets me ready to race everytime. GT4 would have went a lot better with Sammy Hagar's song 'I can't drive 55'. GT2's intro seems too serious, GT1's is just classic. Never saw the GT5 intro.

I'd say the GT5 Spec II version just because the remixed 5OUL on D!splay is awesome as awesomesauce.

GT2, starts off slow, than boom! it starts showing clips of different races. (most notably the infamous 24hrs of Le Mans of 1955, they even show the crash) Then it shows GT2 races, and that song! I love that song! :drool: it's so fitting to the whole intro, I even got it on my MP3 player for when I race the 'Ring in GT4. :D

That was truly an EPIC intro! In fact I'm gonna go Youtube and watch right now!

Back