BIRTHDAY CARS

To everyone who is getting upset about their birthday car, you know you don't have to take the first one they give you right? Before saying ok when the car shows up, log off, check that the backup save has that day's date, then delete the main non-backup save (you can save it to a thumb stick if it makes you feel better about deleting it). When you log back in they'll gift you something different and you can repeat as necessary. I got the 25th Anniversary Countach by doing this.

Last edited:
image.jpg
Received this legend last week, looking forward to tuning it for my first foray into drifting.....:)

My birthday will be on Saturday. When i read what update 1.04 was about, it said we would get a car near or at the year we were born a week from our birthday's. Will i receive a car on Saturday since it's my birthday or will receive up to one week afterwards?

My birthday was Tuesday, I have 2 profiles. Being a fossil I got a 1942 schwimmwagen on 1 of them & a 1968 Fiat on the other. Not exactly hot rods. Could have given me the 57 BMW, but no such luck.
Guess I need to create a new profile & lie about my age. If I say I am only 10 I could get better cars. Well newer ones any way.
If you can sell it the VW is worth a chunk of change though. The Fiat might get you a paint job.

LOL, I forgot about this feature to be honest... My birthday is today, so I'm very curious what I'll get. As I was born in 1975, I'm not exactly expecting something nifty :P

Just got my birthday car. And it wasn't too shavvy. I remember in GT5 I got a '75 oldtimer Mitsubishi rally car.
Now in GT6, they gave me a '76 Ferrari 512BB :dopey: I'm ok with that :gtpflag:

Just logged in, got my birthday car which i guess when it says at or near the year of your birth, it's literal. I was born in 78, got a Renault R5 Turbo '80.

In GT5 one time I remember getting the rare Bathurst-R RX7 FD, or whatever type it was exactly (1996) but they were rare in that game and I was chuffed!

And my birthday car today is...

capture_20140923_010514-jpg.229297

So yeah...that happened. Oh well

Attachments

• capture_20140923_010514.jpg
    capture_20140923_010514.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 43
On Tuesday I recieved the Nissan 240RS Rally Car '85. Happy with that as I hadn't got round to purchasing one yet, and it was the only car from my birth year that I didn't have either.

Better than my last GT5 birthday gift car, the Honda Today G '85.

To everyone who is getting upset about their birthday car, you know you don't have to take the first one they give you right? Before saying ok when the car shows up, log off, check that the backup save has that day's date, then delete the main non-backup save (you can save it to a thumb stick if it makes you feel better about deleting it). When you log back in they'll gift you something different and you can repeat as necessary. I got the 25th Anniversary Countach by doing this.
...that also depends on what year you were born.

I was born in '72. There's a VERY short list of cars I could be gifted, and they're both unremarkable. =p

Blank_Redge it doesn't only pick from your birth year. It will also gift card from nearby years. Even with the handful of cars that are '88 it still gave me a few from other years before I settled on the Anniversary Countach. 👍

Back