Borderlands 2

Thank god! After three days of crap, we get the Cobra! The one gun I really, really wanted. Not sure when I'll get the time to go kill Truckasaurus for it, I guess I'll have a late night tonight.

Thank god! After three days of crap, we get the Cobra! The one gun I really, really wanted. Not sure when I'll get the time to go kill Truckasaurus for it, I guess I'll have a late night tonight.
I killed him a few times, and got an acceptable Level 70 Cobra with a decent reload speed and a crit bonus, which will prove useful for my Assassin.

Also, I've found a new combo for people who lean more towards getting criticals. The Grog Nozzle and the Lady Fist. This combo can outright kill Ultimate Badasses in literally one shot (given if the hit is critical), even causing some enemies to gib upon being shot. This combo, however is more geared towards enemies with critical hit spots. Enemies with out it...will make this combination useless, in which where an Unkempt Harold would suffice much better.

Okay. I started playing "Borderlands 2." I am currently into the village of "The Soaring Dragon." I am playing as the Commando as my main character. I am currently at Level 6 in the Southern Shelf. I just seem to get getting owned by the Marauders, and especially the Badass Marauders. The Psychos can be a bit annoying, but they are tolerable to defeat. I swear I've been killed at least 15-20 times in my play so far. Maybe I am just not as adept with first-person shooters- especially not most modern first-person shooters. Trust me- I'd be the first person to get owned if we were to match up a balance of newbies and veterans in almost any modern first-person shooter.

I like the kind of RPG-like feel in picking up items and in attacking enemies. The game is fun as well as having such amazing art. I also love the Fight For Your Life aspect. I do sometimes wish I could win some of those near-death fights with some kind of desperation counter or anything. Or since I've been so used to the Saints Row series, I almost tend to wish someone would revive me or something. I am slowly beginning to find a few favorites among the current weapons I have. One of them is a pistol highly effective against fleshed enemies- which is perfectly fine since I am mostly battling organic enemies anyways. Oh... I like the introduction video with that cool song playing in the background. Cool stuff!

Hide behind things and throw your sent out let it do the work,

Soaring dragon is not really a village mate.

Fire is good against flesh enemies
Shock is good against shielded enemies
Explosive does good damage over all
Acid is very good against shielded targets
Slag doubles damage done

The intro song is called Short Change Hero by The Heavy.

Weapon type run down.

Maliwan are always elemental types
Jakobs are slow firing but do most damage
Bandit have highest ammo magazines.
Valdof have highest fire rate
Tediore are pretty much insta-reload(watch out for the terdiore RPG(they are thrown like missles and you can blow your self up if you are hiding behind something when thrown))
Torquge are weapons that shoot missles(even the pistols shoot missles) that do explosive damage
hyperion are very accurate
dahl are military looking weapons that have a bust fire with right click

I have about 500 hours of gameplay, which means i have no life

Erm...most of this isn't too accurate. Let me put more detail in that.

Cover is useless if you don't have your turret out. Enemies will usually circle-jerk right around your only cover unless you have a distraction out there.

Fire, or Incendiary Damage is good at burning fleshy enemies, but are crap against shields and armor
Shock is great against shields, and is moderate everywhere else.
Corrosive is good against armored targets but isn't too good towards shielded enemies.
Explosive is slightly better than Non-Elemental
Slag can double (or triple in UVHM) all non slag damage dealt.

Maliwan guns are always elemental, no exceptions.
Jakobs have high recoil, usually semi-automatic and are always non-elemental (if you disregard unique aftermarket weapons.)
Bandit Weapons have the biggest magazines, but other stats are rather garbage.
Vladof focuses on fire rate, and often have the highest fire rates in the game.
Tediore have quick reloads, and when reloaded, they will be thrown and explode like a grenade. Ammo left in the weapon will make the explosion more powerful (except for RPGs, which instead of throwing it, you will let it out of your hands and it will speed off.
Torgue weapons shoot either rockets or gyro-jets. They are always explosive.
Hyperion has reverse recoil, in which when you shoot, you become more accurate as you shoot.
Dahl has little to no recoil at all, and usually has burst fire when you aim down the sight.

Erm...most of this isn't too accurate. Let me put more detail in that.

Cover is useless if you don't have your turret out. Enemies will usually circle-jerk right around your only cover unless you have a distraction out there.

Fire, or Incendiary Damage is good at burning fleshy enemies, but are crap against shields and armor
Shock is great against shields, and is moderate everywhere else.
Corrosive is good against armored targets but isn't too good towards shielded enemies.
Explosive is slightly better than Non-Elemental
Slag can double (or triple in UVHM) all non slag damage dealt.

Maliwan guns are always elemental, no exceptions.
Jakobs have high recoil, usually semi-automatic and are always non-elemental (if you disregard unique aftermarket weapons.)
Bandit Weapons have the biggest magazines, but other stats are rather garbage.
Vladof focuses on fire rate, and often have the highest fire rates in the game.
Tediore have quick reloads, and when reloaded, they will be thrown and explode like a grenade. Ammo left in the weapon will make the explosion more powerful (except for RPGs, which instead of throwing it, you will let it out of your hands and it will speed off.
Torgue weapons shoot either rockets or gyro-jets. They are always explosive.
Hyperion has reverse recoil, in which when you shoot, you become more accurate as you shoot.
Dahl has little to no recoil at all, and usually has burst fire when you aim down the sight.

Going off memory(has been a while since i have played)

I haven't played "Borderlands 2" recently, but I once again appreciate the support. Last night, I saw the "Borderlands 2: Game of the Year" edition. Found out it was $30 USD more than the base Borderlands 2 I bought this past weekend. I am still fairly happy with the base version of Borderlands 2. This game is still the first first-person shooter I have for the PS3.

I have set up various files with all four main characters. There are two others whom I haven't used yet, but I have beaten the first boss using the four main characters. I still fancy the Commando the most of the four. He's sort of my style and evenly balanced.

Other than that, nothing really new to report in my progress in the game.

Gearbox why...
WHY
Why the Flakker?
WHY?

It's so useless...why couldn't it have been the Volcano...or Hellfire...Or Sledge's Shotgun for damnation's sake...

WHHHHYYYYY?!

I kinda gave up on the game after other games are now out, Might get into it might not before NFS.

I started playing Borderlands 2 again. This time, as The Siren. I completed the little side mission on picking up Bullymong fur. I then ended up getting a cool weapon after returning the furs. The Siren's special ability is to use that special psychic hold against a certain enemy. It's helpful against stronger enemies as you can simply tear into any enemy you have in your hold, but I still like The Commando's gun turret ability more for clearing out crowds of enemies. I am now at about Level 6 now with the Siren. Because of the progress of my Siren after that Bullymong fur, I may go complete that objective with the Commando and get a weapon to add to my collection for the Commando. I am not mentioning what specific kinds of weapons you get just to try not to spoil the game for others.

Another thing I wanted to bring up is that I found my first shield that grants immunity to certain things. I held onto one shield I picked up in my play as the Siren that granted immunity to burn damage. There was another shield I found that provided immunity to explosion damage. That would obviously come in handy dealing with grenades.

The first thing to stand out to me is that some of the first beasts you face in this game are ferocious. Usually in games, you face a bunch of simple enemies and basic grunts. Here, you face beasts that jump really high and throw things at you. as your first enemies. Yikes! I would have been better off facing mutated rabbits or mice rather than those huge Bullymongs as my first enemies. What you find early on can set the tone for any game. For example, in the first Quake, you start off with a shotgun against soldiers and wolves. Then (if you've played that game), you go on to fight monsters like the Vore and of course- the Shambler. I already have an idea as to how brutal future battles will be like in Borderlands 2. I'm like, "bring it on," but I'm pretty sure I'll get my butt handed to and will easily lose those Second Wind moments.

Just got myself this game the other week, (about a year later than everyone else :lol:) and I was thinking of buying the season pass, and was looking up the individual prices of the DLC included in the season pass to see how much I will be saving, but couldn't find "Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage" listed at all, all the other DLC's are listed to be bought separately but this one isn't on the in game list or on PSN store for me :confused:

How do season passes work? Will all the DLC be in it in one download? Or will it change the price of said DLC to £0.00 and then you download them? If it's the latter then I have a problem as I have no way to download "Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage"

Ok. This really, really grinds my gears. In the new DLC they just released, the acknowledged that the Flakker is a terrible weapon...AND YET THEY DO NOTHING TO FIX IT! Oh my god. Are they INTENTIONALLY leaving weapons as garbage just to piss others off? Because it's WORKING. Some weapons are seriously hampered, but YET THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING TO FIX THEM.

URRRRGH.

God. I just want to punch them in their damn jaws.

Some people make use of the Flakker. You should check out GBX's forums for some character builds.
here's a link if you like using Sal
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=272336

There is still a massive delay in between his shots and how fast they die. I've had better results with the Grog Nozzle/ Lady Fist or Unkempt Harold.

But what about the Hellfire? The Volcano? The Storm? The list goes on for weapons that were poorly balanced.

Well then.

In other news...I've been putting more focus on my Commando. I think I am gonna go snooping around for Sham, and maybe a Bee shield (maybe). And maybe a Neogenator. I might also make a run for an Interfacer. While I already have a Non-Elemental, a Corrosive and a Slag one, I still lack the Incendiary and Shock variants.

So I've been playing BL2 a lot lately (I'm using the Assassin) I've got to level 55 and am playing in TVHM, my plan was to farm some raid bosses and complete side quests and the DLC to get some good legendary and unique red text weapons to make UVHM a little less ridiculous, but so far the only raid boss that has dropped anything legendary was Terramorphous I got his hide shield and the class mod on the first kill, then every kill since I just get the class mod, Pete and Hyperious just drop green and blue stuff maybe a purple if I'm lucky, do the other raid bosses not drop any orange gear in TVHM? Seems the only one that is guaranteed to drop an orange is Terra.

Granted I haven't killed them "a lot" in terms of farming, around 40 for Terra, 15 for Pete and 5 for Hyperious.

And it seems I've shot my self in the foot by buying the first level cap increase to 61 as this has allowed me to over level my character in TVHM and remain with under leveled gear as everything is capped at 50 making UVHM damn near impossible.

Is there any need or purpose to farming and doing side quests and DLC in TVHM if you own the Level cap increase DLC? I would have been fine if I didn't buy it as I would be stuck at level 50 too the same as my gear, but because I did buy it it's allowed me to come close to breaking the game for UVHM leaving it almost unplayable.

I'm at a loss of what to do. :indiff: I feel I might have to start a brand new character and as soon as I hit level 50 start UVHM, or cheat and use that Gibbed programe to level up my gear, but using that leads to a lot of temptation that will probably make the game boring fast.

Just started a game on Borderlands 1 for the sake of nostalgia. I'm having an absolute hoot. Can't believe how much I've missed that game.

So I've been playing BL2 a lot lately (I'm using the Assassin) I've got to level 55 and am playing in TVHM, my plan was to farm some raid bosses and complete side quests and the DLC to get some good legendary and unique red text weapons to make UVHM a little less ridiculous, but so far the only raid boss that has dropped anything legendary was Terramorphous I got his hide shield and the class mod on the first kill, then every kill since I just get the class mod, Pete and Hyperious just drop green and blue stuff maybe a purple if I'm lucky, do the other raid bosses not drop any orange gear in TVHM? Seems the only one that is guaranteed to drop an orange is Terra.

Granted I haven't killed them "a lot" in terms of farming, around 40 for Terra, 15 for Pete and 5 for Hyperious.

And it seems I've shot my self in the foot by buying the first level cap increase to 61 as this has allowed me to over level my character in TVHM and remain with under leveled gear as everything is capped at 50 making UVHM damn near impossible.

Is there any need or purpose to farming and doing side quests and DLC in TVHM if you own the Level cap increase DLC? I would have been fine if I didn't buy it as I would be stuck at level 50 too the same as my gear, but because I did buy it it's allowed me to come close to breaking the game for UVHM leaving it almost unplayable.

I'm at a loss of what to do. :indiff: I feel I might have to start a brand new character and as soon as I hit level 50 start UVHM, or cheat and use that Gibbed programe to level up my gear, but using that leads to a lot of temptation that will probably make the game boring fast.

I would recommend that you keep farming for a Legendary Pitchfork if you are using the Assassin. A Slagged variant would be preferred unless you got a Slagga. If possible, (and if you have Tiny Tina's DLC,) I would suggest that you go farm some Treants and Pixies for a Bee Shield. Even if you get one, it would be preferred if you got the lowest recharge delay variant possible. A Shadow of the Seraphs relic might be excellent if you have Tw0 Fang maxed out, essentially doubling your fire rate with all weapons...well...almost all. You might also want to farm some Torgue Tokens for a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold. Pyro Pete's bar should be sufficient in getting some coins. You should also try and hunt down some chubbies or loot midgets. The chances of a legendary or pearlescent are great when it comes to these two.

For me...I personally stick with rapid reload speeds. I maxed out Fast Hands and Killer, cutting my reload speeds in absolute half. But I also have a Blue Rarity The Professional COM...which bumps Killer up by 6 points, and has it's own Reload Speed bonus. How fast I reload a weapon is 3/4 faster than what it would be. Bandit Machine Gun with a 10 second reload speed? More like 2.5. It really helps with weapons that have great damage but poor reload speeds.

Thanks for the tips Super Novi, I haven't got lucky with a Pitchfork drop from Terra yet, or a Slagga. I do have a Bee shield though. So I must have some luck in me as I got one from the 3rd Treant I killed in Tiny Tina's DLC, also have the Explicit Unkempt Harold which I got from Savage Lee, is the Double Penetrating one needed or will the Explicit be just fine?

I'm not sure where I could get that Shadow of Seraphs Relic from though, as after I killed Hyperious I was confused as to why he didn't drop any Seraph Crystals, I then learned that Gearbox changed it so the Seraph Guardians now only drop them in UVHM ( wish I would have known that before as I wouldn't have even tried to kill him ) I do feel somewhat trolled by the raid bosses in TVHM as the reward - to - effort ratio doesn't seem fair at all, but guess that's just part of Borderlands nature and "charm".

Maybe I'm alone in this opinion and it does come from purchasing the game late, but I feel that buying the UVHM level cap increase DLC before reaching level 50 does somewhat break UVHM if you don't jump right into it as soon as you hit level 50.
Players that already reached level 50 before this DLC came out had time to farm/grind for the better loot would have been fine when the UVHM mode DLC released but for me all that is happening is I'm running with average gear at best still farming for the better loot, my level is going up which in turn means the enemies in UVHM levels are going up, and the loot I'm finding is effectively getting worse the more I level. I know UVHM is supposed to be much more challenging but trying to take on level 54 - 57 enemies that have more health / faster health regen while doing it with level 48-50 gear seems damn near impossible and like I have handicapped myself.

It would have been nice if Gearbox allowed loot/enemies to scale up in level past 50 in TVHM leaving UVHM for those who want the extra challenge and Pearlescent and Seraph loot. Or keeping the player capped at level 50 until they started a UVHM play through.

T

Maybe I'm alone in this opinion and it does come from purchasing the game late, but I feel that buying the UVHM level cap increase DLC before reaching level 50 does somewhat break UVHM if you don't jump right into it as soon as you hit level 50.
Players that already reached level 50 before this DLC came out had time to farm/grind for the better loot would have been fine when the UVHM mode DLC released but for me all that is happening is I'm running with average gear at best still farming for the better loot, my level is going up which in turn means the enemies in UVHM levels are going up, and the loot I'm finding is effectively getting worse the more I level. I know UVHM is supposed to be much more challenging but trying to take on level 54 - 57 enemies that have more health / faster health regen while doing it with level 48-50 gear seems damn near impossible and like I have handicapped myself.

It would have been nice if Gearbox allowed loot/enemies to scale up in level past 50 in TVHM leaving UVHM for those who want the extra challenge and Pearlescent and Seraph loot. Or keeping the player capped at level 50 until they started a UVHM play through.

UVHM scales even if you haven't completed TVHM. So it doesn't matter if you go in early or late you still earn new weapons at whatever level you enter at. If you are worried on gear it's best to find decent Orange/Purple before entering since after you do most likely you will be swapping right away for better "common" gear.

Not really, it's just that you won't find any loot to match your level in TVHM unless its from the golden key chest in Sanctuary. My advice would be to find someone willing to drop some gear for you or get a golden key code from somewhere (there's a list of codes on the Steam forum, I'm sure the PS3/360 equivalent exists) just so you can get something worth having and get on the loot ladder, so to speak. I can tell you, though, that I used a level 50 Bee and an Unkempt Harold as well as a lv48 Order with a lv50 Law (+100% melee damage from the Law, huge melee boost with depleted shield and health regen with every hit from the Order) right the way to lv56 with Zero in UVHM. It was far from easy but if you spec him right (mostly Cunning with some melee boosting things) you can get quite far on old loot. I actually started off my UVHM playthrough with him specced as a sniper because I had a lv50 Hawkeye which gives huge critical hit damage and I could one-hit most things for quite a while if I used it with the Bee and never got hit, but as it went on I was getting one-hit deaths instead so I gave up and switched to the Law and Order combo. Being able to stealth up to enemies and getting that first hit, then chipping away at their health whilst fully replenishing yours is quite useful, but flying enemies were something of an issue!

Thanks for the tips Super Novi, I haven't got lucky with a Pitchfork drop from Terra yet, or a Slagga. I do have a Bee shield though. So I must have some luck in me as I got one from the 3rd Treant I killed in Tiny Tina's DLC, also have the Explicit Unkempt Harold which I got from Savage Lee, is the Double Penetrating one needed or will the Explicit be just fine?

I'm not sure where I could get that Shadow of Seraphs Relic from though, as after I killed Hyperious I was confused as to why he didn't drop any Seraph Crystals, I then learned that Gearbox changed it so the Seraph Guardians now only drop them in UVHM ( wish I would have known that before as I wouldn't have even tried to kill him ) I do feel somewhat trolled by the raid bosses in TVHM as the reward - to - effort ratio doesn't seem fair at all, but guess that's just part of Borderlands nature and "charm".

Explicit is OK...but I'd still go for a Double Penetrating. It's just overall better. And you get the Shadow of Seraphs from the Seraph Vender in Flamerock Refuge.

And by charm, you mean "play co-op or have a loadout that is OP, don't like it then get trolled lel", then yes. I'd rant more on how Gearbox can be really lazy/trolly, but I don't feel the anger and effort to do so. But then again...I wouldn't have to go too far. I mean...look at the Hellfire and Volcano with 1 DoT's.

I might also recommend getting an E-Tech SMG. They are pretty powerful among their E-Tech cousins. Especially Maliwan E-Tech SMGs.

Why are you posting that here? This board is meant for Console and PC gaming, which spans across all kinds of games. Not all topics have to be about GT you know.
Unless you were just throwing it out there...but still.

Just in case anyone wants to go in-depth on BL2. It seems like most of this thread is just casual playing, where people on GBX forums have gotten all technical and even worked up formulas for damage, DoT, and all kinds of things. Specific builds, and everything. It is to BL2 what GTPlanet is to the GT series.

Playing as the Mechromancer...and OH MY GOD Crystal Skeletons are a pain in the ass. Even with Melee...it's just...terrible. Right now I am using two Fibbers (Corrosive and Shock), an Incendiary Pimpernel and a Flourintine. Both Fibbers are the variant that split into 9 bullets on impact, although the Shock one is far lower in level, which is a problem. It's still performing decently...but I need a new one. I would also like to get my hands on a Slagga as well. I do need to farm for a new Bee Shield as well. Considering Blood Soaked Shields, recharge delay is not of my concern. My relic is fine...for now. BotA, Shock Damage increase and Cooldown Rate bonuses...although I'd rather go for a Sheriff's Badge, considering the fire rate bonus AND damage. Plus the bonus FFYL time is nice. And for Grenades...I really want to get my hands on a Shock FastBall...but I've forgotten where to get one.

Back