Borderlands 2

So I finally obtained my old saves, but my Sal is level 58 for some reason; if you guys want to play add me I guess...

Use Explosives on the skeletons; seemed to make them die quicker for me. The Fastball was supposed to drop from Boll, and I'm not really sure if it actually does after that hotfix or not...

Well holy science, Shift codes for 20 golden keys:

PS3: W3W3J-6RB3S-69RCT-STWBT-WX6S6
WinPC/Mac: 5JWT3-WTKXX-KJ6WB-333BJ-9W3SJ
X360: KJWTJ-T9366-3WW5R-CR3BT-R9JZR

Posted 22 minutes ago, I don't know the expiry on them so get in there soon.

Edit: I just gained 36 keys in one sitting, not bad...! PC players, if you're not aware of this page, you should be: http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/828934724163400631/

Heh, I guess they are throwing them out there because they knew it took a lot of them to get some decent gear. Oh yeah, I'd love to click that link...but...Steam is down from the massive amount of downloading of Left 4 Dead 2. It's free for a limited time...and I mean...once you download it you have it as if you bought it.

Anyway...I've been trying to focus on getting a Bee Shield...but I've had no luck. I have gotten a few legendarys...namely the Black Hole and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Usually I have better luck with them. Oh...and I will see if Boll still drops the Fastball.

Posted 22 minutes ago, I don't know the expiry on them so get in there soon.

Edit: I just gained 36 keys in one sitting, not bad...! PC players, if you're not aware of this page, you should be: http://steamcommunity.com/app/49520/discussions/0/828934724163400631/

I will have to bookmark this page and go back through all of the keys. I have put in quite a few of them already, but do not feel like going through all of them at the moment.

I just played through all of the Headhunter DLCs...and they're OK. I think the last one was the best do far...the issue is that I am not sure if I can play through it again with it missionless. As in...I get to open the huge chests in the end of the first mission again only for killing that Snowman again.

I just played through all of the Headhunter DLCs...and they're OK. I think the last one was the best do far...the issue is that I am not sure if I can play through it again with it missionless. As in...I get to open the huge chests in the end of the first mission again only for killing that Snowman again.

If it's anything like the past one's I would assume that you can't Unless there is a glitch you can do to get it again.

If it's anything like the past one's I would assume that you can't Unless there is a glitch you can do to get it again.
I am gonna find out soon. If I can...then I am gonna do some serious farming. If not...I am gonna need to get a Fibber, but I gotta grind before I try and get another Fibber...

Edit: Wow. It's better than I expected: You can farm him without even saving and quitting. Just leave the map and rejoin and you can kill him and get loot from the train over and over.

Quite a nice Christmas Gift...

Edit2: Going back to my Assassin...and I just got a Madhous. It's pretty meh...I'd rather use my Slagga.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have just completed the Captain Scarlet DLC and it gives you a mission to go back and do it again, with some tongue-in-cheek reason ;)

I'm really surprised that there aren't more recent posts here, what with the game being free on PS+ last month. I know most people who were interested would have bought the game already, but there must be others like me who forgot and picked it up just now.

EDIT: There is a new Moxxi DLC due next week and the last one arrives sometime in April.

Last edited:
A Moxxi DLC? Might be for Valentine's Day. And I would assume that the last one for April would be Easter?

Either way...I am still somewhat disappointed in how they balanced some of the weapons in the game. In UVHM...quite literally everything is garbage except for the insanely OP and the very, very rare weapon that does decent damage. It's like trying to find a needle in a mountain of failed North Korean missiles.

Hopefully they aren't like the past few holiday ones. A full DLC or a new iteration would be the only thing to bring me back to the Borderlands series now. I've just grown tired of doing so many playthroughs. Borderlands 3 or a truly amazing new racing game are the only things that could make me buy a PS4 before they are affordable used with the rest of my bills.

Hopefully they aren't like the past few holiday ones. A full DLC or a new iteration...
Are you saying that the last few DLC have been shorter than the first four?

And yes, it will be on Valantine's Day and the last will probably be Easter.

Last edited:
Are you saying that the last few DLC have ben shorter than the first four?

They are, the Season Pass DLCs have been around 4 or more hours long, the most recent 3 and the next one - the holiday-themed Headhunter packs - have involved one quest with a boss to fight, plus maybe some secrets to find. They're basically just a short distraction in which you can unlock new heads for your character.

They are, the Season Pass DLCs have been around 4 or more hours long, the most recent 3 and the next one - the holiday-themed Headhunter packs - have involved one quest with a boss to fight, plus maybe some secrets to find. They're basically just a short distraction in which you can unlock new heads for your character.
Okay, thanks - wow, you must have been motoring through to do them each in around four hours...mind you, I completed the Captain Scarlet DLC (minus Seraph Guardian) well before before completing the game (going from level 26 to 33.)

Okay, thanks - wow, you must have been motoring through to do them each in around four hours...mind you, I completed the Captain Scarlet DLC (minus Seraph Guardian) well before before completing the game (going from level 26 to 33.)

Yeah, I didn't exactly take my time when I played through the first two as Krieg since the build I'm running favours an absolute bloodbath solution to most encounters, but maybe 4 hours was a short estimate. I don't remember finishing the Hammerlock DLC and I got stuck in Tiny Tina's one because my Krieg is all melee at all times and there are flying enemies that he can't do a whole lot about.

I started Maya's UVHM playthrough recently, I got as far as the wildlife preserve and I think she's level 54 so there's a long way to go yet, then I still have Salvador at level 50, Gaige at 51 and both Zer0 and Axton at 61... Krieg is the only one I've gotten to 72 so far and may well be the only one I ever properly cap (and that's ignoring the 8 overpower levels).

Captain Scarlet wasn't that good.
But the way it ended make it seem that there will be another one with scarlet.

None of them were great except for the Tiny Tina one, but then outsourcing your DLC will do that. They did at least add new, useful features though; the Torgue vending machines that let you buy an Unkempt Harold was a pretty sweet addition. I can't remember if the campaign DLCs added new legendaries but the seraph gear was mostly decent too.

None of them were great except for the Tiny Tina one, but then outsourcing your DLC will do that. They did at least add new, useful features though; the Torgue vending machines that let you buy an Unkempt Harold was a pretty sweet addition. I can't remember if the campaign DLCs added new legendaries but the seraph gear was mostly decent too.

I hate torgue weapons

The only one I would use is the RPG.
I hate the stupid gyro rocket they have for all other weapons.

Each to their own, I suppose. Me, I liked it as they brought a lot more to the game for quite a small price.

Yeah, I didn't exactly take my time when I played through the first two as Krieg since the build I'm running favours an absolute bloodbath solution to most encounters, but maybe 4 hours was a short estimate...
I thought it might have been down to your character and skill- build :)

I liked it until they removed the TR glitch.
Also haven't played due to 2k is like ea with all the pay dlc.

Yes there was. If I remember right the 4th DLC added the Legendary Torgue Orge, which was an OK Assault Rifle.

I hate torgue weapons

The only one I would use is the RPG.
I hate the stupid gyro rocket they have for all other weapons.
Ironically they are more powerful than their folding fin counter parts. Plus gyro jets can dish out criticals; folding fins can not.
The only reason why I hate Torgue weapons is the ****ing screen blinding exhaust when you shoot so many. Really makes it hard to shoot with the Unkempt Harold.

Each to their own, I suppose. Me, I liked it as they brought a lot more to the game for quite a small price.

I thought it might have been down to your character and skill- build :)

Captain Scarlett's DLC was OK...I just thought the new vehicle was pointless and stupid. And the environment was kinda bland in most parts.

Maybe it was because I am playing on PS3...but still.

Captain Scarlett's DLC was OK...I just thought the new vehicle was pointless and stupid. And the environment was kinda bland in most parts.

Maybe it was because I am playing on PS3...but still.
I'm on the PS3 too - I like the season pass DLC as they are pretty big for relatively little cash and in some cases longer than some full games. I read that the hovercraft and other DLC differences such as those you fight, were designed to make the experience different, and somewhat harder than the main campaign, which I believe got some stick for being a bit too easy overall. I understand it won't be to everyone's taste though - I'm really just reporting that I'm having lots of fun with it all...belatedly.

I loved the Captain Scarlett DLC (I'm on PS3 as well).

I don't recommend anyone doing any dlc directly after unlocking "Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode" tho, me and my brother got killed all the time! None of us had any decent guns, some foes we couldn't even kill without resorting to cowardly methods.

But we made it through! :D

And then we got totally screwed in Sir. Hammerlocks DLC, so we switched back to TVHM. Not as fun, but it'll have to do :)

I loved the Captain Scarlett DLC (I'm on PS3 as well).

I don't recommend anyone doing any dlc directly after unlocking "Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode" tho, me and my brother got killed all the time! None of us had any decent guns, some foes we couldn't even kill without resorting to cowardly methods.

But we made it through! :D

And then we got totally screwed in Sir. Hammerlocks DLC, so we switched back to TVHM. Not as fun, but it'll have to do :)
I take it you didn't have the best guns...?
When in doubt: DP Unkempt Harold and Bee Shield.
If you are a Gunzerker however...I recommend both of you getting a Lady Fist and then your friend giving you the extra. I haven't tried this...but I expect it to be super OP. It would be even better if one of them was slag...for additional damage of course.

^Thing is, the Bee will absolutely destroy any sort of survivability you may have had. I don't recommend it at all due to that fact.

^Thing is, the Bee will absolutely destroy any sort of survivability you may have had. I don't recommend it at all due to that fact.

That depends on how you play, I humped part-way through UVHM using mostly a Bee, Unkempt Harold and Hawkeye, all at level 50, with Zer0. Around level 56 it got really, really hard so I finally moved on but up to that point it was actually ok, so if you had same-level versions you'd be ok. The trick is knowing when to stand back and snipe and when to charge in close, Zer0's action skill was a big help when it came to closing distances without dying since I had nothing to help me do much damage at mid range.

You're right, though, you can't exactly tank with a Bee, but that's not what it's for anyway. It's great for a glass cannon that can do huge damage until you get hit (at which point you pretty much die, so that only really works with a good Maya medic or Gaige with the Deathtrap shield recharge skill (or both) on the team, or if you're Krieg with the skill that fully replenishes your health in Buzz Axe Rampage or Salvador who also replenishes health when Gunzerking) or a sniper build where you want single, very high damage bullets that crit as often as possible.

That depends on how you play, I humped part-way through UVHM using mostly a Bee, Unkempt Harold and Hawkeye, all at level 50, with Zer0. Around level 56 it got really, really hard so I finally moved on but up to that point it was actually ok, so if you had same-level versions you'd be ok. The trick is knowing when to stand back and snipe and when to charge in close, Zer0's action skill was a big help when it came to closing distances without dying since I had nothing to help me do much damage at mid range.

You're right, though, you can't exactly tank with a Bee, but that's not what it's for anyway. It's great for a glass cannon that can do huge damage until you get hit (at which point you pretty much die, so that only really works with a good Maya medic or Gaige with the Deathtrap shield recharge skill (or both) on the team, or if you're Krieg with the skill that fully replenishes your health in Buzz Axe Rampage or Salvador who also replenishes health when Gunzerking) or a sniper build where you want single, very high damage bullets that crit as often as possible.
Gaige's skill, Blood Soaked Shields, works perfectly with the Bee Shield. The instant you get a kill (and assuming that you maxed it out), your shield is prompted fully charged.

Another thing that might just work is finding one with the lowest possible recharge delay. If I remember right...I found one that was almost below 5 seconds...which is incredible (and it was from a med-vendor.)

Not only that, certain weapons (or weapon combos) are plainly better overall when used with the Bee Shield. These mainly being the Unkempt Harold and really any weapon with extra, unlisted projectiles.

HOWEVER...the reason why I listed the akimbo Lady Fists is because I've found that they can be...incredibly OP. My theory is...that the crit bonus's are not added but instead multiplied. The crit bonus was thrown up an extra 400%, leaving it at 800%. This would be 9x the crit damage. But with a second one...this would SKYROCKET to 81 times the critical hit damage. Combine this with The Bee Shield...Slag...and you have a recipe for complete destruction.

The only enemy that you would have a problem with is Saturn. He has no critical hit spots (or they are so small and concealed they are damn near impossible to hit) and can't be slagged. Quite nearly everyone else could be obliterated within seconds.

Borderlands 2 Limited Edition PlayStation Vita

bd_screen.jpg

Playstation.com
Enjoy the full Borderlands®2 experience optimized for the PS Vita platform. Shoot your way through Pandora in four-player co-op and easily navigate the maps, inventory, and items using the touchscreen. Continue your adventures at home using the cross-save feature with the PS3™system.

BUNDLE FEATURES:
  • All-in-one Borderlands®2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes the new PS Vita Wi-Fi system, Borderlands®2 Full Game Digital Voucher, and 8GB Memory Card.
  • Six (6) Borderlands®2 DLC packs including, Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, the Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1, and Collector’s Edition Pack.
  • Play with your friends with up to four (4) person cooperative multiplayer.

For some reason, the new DLC (Sir Hamerlock and the Son of Crawmerax) isn't showing on U/EU PSN. Tried various ways to track it down...but to no avail.

Anyone from the same region have it yet?

EDIT: There are a few comments on Twitter and Gearbox are pointing people towards 2K support...

EDIT 2: Got a response - pretty swiftly.

Thank you for contacting 2K Technical Support. We regret to inform you that the Son of Crawmerax DLC has been delayed. We are working on this issue and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Last edited:
Hah, I didn't even know the new DLC was out... I'm slipping. Not least because I haven't actually played any of the headhunter packs after the first!
Really? I quite enjoyed 'em, though not as much as the first season DLC missions. You may well enjoy the Mr Tinder Snowflake one though, with its Narnia parody, or the Mr Torgue Wattlegobbler solely for Garandma Flexington (Mr Torgue's grandmother.) She will melt your brain ;)

Back