Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (because you can't get any more modern)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 220 comments
Yup, got that clip a few weeks ago while playing Most Pit. There were a few times where I went wrong (specifically not going after an enemy even though I enough ammo), but I'm happy with that pass to the enemy I did just outside the school. :D
Yup, pretty cool one. đź‘Ť

Seems by the amount of bullets necessary to drop them you weren't having any lag issues.
It frustrates me A LOT that in 99.9% of the matches I do I struggle with lag, being constantly killed by people that I only started to shoot me after I was already shooting them...

Only after 1am do I start finding lobbies with a manageable amount of lag which does not interfere with the outcome of the match, but unfortunately I can't stay up until much later than that enjoying good matches because I have to get up early to go to work. đź‘Ž

@Beerz After my first few online matches yesterday I was thinking that you might be exaggerating about the lag but today I've had so many occasions when I know I started firing first... in the older CODs I knew when a kill was mine.

So I heard about skill based match making being used in the game, it would explain why I'm getting destroyed by clans and being repeatedly quick scoped from across the map. Considering destroying my K/D so I can have a normal online experience instead of getting stressed in every game...

SBMM is very much present, but it's not as strong as people are saying. I'm against it as well. While it is good to play against people of your own calibre, it's still fun to completely stomp another group of people. :P

There are videos of people on YT saying that by killing themselves over and over again they get a load of bad opponents, I think the game finds lots of good quality matches and then filters out the ones containing players with a similar K/D.
When I am in matches where people are boosting or reverse boosting, I always report them as soon as the match is over.

The way the SBMM is made I find perfectly acceptable. Not perfect, but alllows for varied matches and adds to the experience.

What I really get annoyed at is the damn lag (what a surprise...). It seems that in well over 90% of the matches I do, I'm constantly about 0.5secs behind everyone else. Really struggle to drop someone (takes at least 15-20 bullets), and rarely win a 1v1 situation on close range.
Because of this, my KD/R is currently at 0.79 whereas in normal, lag-free matches, I get easily to 2.00 and up (my record being a 25-2 with a 14 killstreak. I usually only play TDM.

I heard people saying to play on HC mode because the lag wouldn't make such a big difference. Yeah, right... I tried it and if anything it was worse, because once you get hit you're dead with no chance to retaliate or dodge to make a comeback on the opponent.

Does anyone know if the fact that I'm playing with the PS4 via wi-fi makes a noticeable difference in lag? My connection is a 100MB/s fiber-optic, can wi-fi alone ruin this?

@Beerz After my first few online matches yesterday I was thinking that you might be exaggerating about the lag but today I've had so many occasions when I know I started firing first... in the older CODs I knew when a kill was mine.
Exactly.
Happens way to often for me too; You know you had the upper hand, start shooting him and end up dead most of the time. CoD4 (last console game I had/played before this one) wasn't perfect, but at least that much was true - you knew when a kill was yours.

Also, in CoD4, the ping bar stats were a good indicator of your lag-status in that match. In AW, means basically nothing. I have awful lag usually showing that I have 4 bars,and I've seen people OWN in some matches (like 38-7 and such) whilst showing they had a 1 red bar of ping, which couldn't possibly be true.

That's why I tend to prefer a more medium-long to long range kind of gameplay, since I love marksman weapons (not snipers though) and am very accurate with them, even doing single-shot with a full-auto. I get most of my kills like that instead of the in-your-face run n' gun kind of style, as I get absolutely destroyed when trying to play like that due to the mentioned lag.

Last edited:
Sorry for the DP.
So I just went Prestige 9 last night, and it's underwhelming that apart from the permanent unlock and the playercard, we don't get anything else to show for it. I was really stoked when I 1st went Prestige, because I got the full 9-piece Recon suit, but since then, absolutely nothing. It just says I unlocked one of those pieces, which doesn't make sense, since I already had them. Maybe a bug, I don't know.

On the other hand, since the daily challenge (which I had already completed) reset when I prestiged, I got to complete it again and in the subsequent supply drop, I FINALLY got a good Elite weapon: Bal Inferno. :D
It drops people like crazy if you can use it well (not as easy as with the other versions), but I really have to attach it with extended mags, since it eats through ammo in a blink...

So I heard about skill based match making being used in the game, it would explain why I'm getting destroyed by clans and being repeatedly quick scoped from across the map.

Relating to what I've highlighted, Just saw a video a few days ago where a quickscoping bug (I'm also assuming it's a bug or poor programming) is explained that allows for quickscoping with perfect accuracy, everytime. Basically, you place a dot on the very center of your screen and then whilst in the game, as long as you keep your target in that dot, you have perfect accuracy in every shot. But you have to press the trigger during the transition of the scope from reflection to target image. Tricky, but if done right, you destroy everyone.

Last edited:
I did some research on the matchmaking of this game it is really random. You could have east coast vs west coast battles on Chicago host (Most of my matches were like this). I had a match that was pre-predominately east and central United States but had a German in the lobby. I have had a guy using a Sprint mobile hotspot host the game.

Now I understand my frustrations.

I've been coming so close to DNA bombs recently. Had several 20+ killstreaks in the past couple of days while (shamelessly) using the BAL-27. Although I've been using a whole mix of weapons while playing Hardcore since weapons become a lot more viable when you don't need to use to the BAL-27 or the ASM1 to do well. :lol:

Back