Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (because you can't get any more modern)

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 220 comments
That's again....not true. The system creates an algorithm and sums up the difference of the players together. Then places them with another team using very similar numbers. As you said the other day, you have not played halo much. If you did, you would see how well the system works. Especially on Halo 2 and Halo 3.

If you have a team of 1, 5, 10, 25, 30, and 40 it will place you with a team of similar numbers.
Only one I've played online was Halo 4, and there where still people absolutely dominating all the time, no matter what. I sucked, but for some reason always played games with people that blew me out of the water. It did not match me with anything.

So essentialy, what you're saying is that when you join with a friend that is way better then you, it will throw everything that is in between the two of you, on seperate teams. Thats not exactly matchmaking, but more of giving the good players easy targets, and the bad ones easy deaths.

Only one I've played online was Halo 4, and there where still people absolutely dominating all the time, no matter what. I sucked, but for some reason always played games with people that blew me out of the water. It did not match me with anything.

So essentialy, what you're saying is that when you join with a friend that is way better then you, it will throw everything that is in between the two of you, on seperate teams. Thats not exactly matchmaking, but more of giving the good players easy targets, and the bad ones easy deaths.
Yup Halo 4 matchmaking did not work very well and did not have a visible number. That's why I was using COD3, Halo 2, and Halo 3 as the primary examples. Because it worked dang near perfect in those games.

As for the teams this is what it would do for a team of friends and yes it works very well. Like I said, it uses an algorithm of the sum of the team placed together. It also tries to place you with another team of friends partied together.

Friends Team 1: Rank 1,5,10,15,40
Friends Team 2: Rank 1,5,10,15,40

That is very similar to how it would try to match you. So you either get a game with true matchmaking that at least tries to match you and your friends with another similar team. Which works VERY well.

OR

You get this in other games.....

Friend Team 1: Rank 40, 40, 40, 40,40
Friend Team 2: Rank 1,1,1,1,1

My preference is a game that at least tries to make the teams even when playing with friends. :D

Last edited:
Full match video, including lobby and a very quick look at Create a class, etc.

Only my second time on that map and a few beers resulted in a lackluster performance, but at 720p and with a set of headphones on it does give you a good feel for the game.

I played a bit of the single player and tried a game of multiplayer. It is fun but i did horrible went 8 / 13 will finish the campaign and get used to it more and try mp again.

The graphics are good, fluid and I did not experince any lag

oh one weird thing.. i tried to name one of my load outs "assault" and it denied me for bad language or something (ass part of assault I guess).. but sure I can make an emblem that is totally foul if I tried.. haha..

Last edited:
I played a bit of the single player and tried a game of multiplayer. It is fun but i did horrible went 8 / 13 will finish the campaign and get used to it more and try mp again.

The graphics are good, fluid and I did not experince any lag

oh one weird thing.. i tried to name one of my load outs "assault" and it denied me for bad language or something (ass part of assault I guess).. but sure I can make an emblem that is totally foul if I tried.. haha..

Are you playing on Xbox? I recall playing MW2 (I believe) on Xbox and it wouldn't let me name my class assault either. Doesn't happen on PlayStation.

I've enjoyed what I've played of Advanced Warfare so far. I beat the campaign on normal and while it was pretty short (like most FPS campaigns, unfortunately) it was certainly enjoyable. The cut scenes look amazing (I play on PS4) and the game itself look pretty damn good too. I've played one game of mutliplayer so far and I already enjoy it much more than Ghosts, I'm looking forward to replaying the campaign on Veteran as well as playing more online games.

I have a class named as 'Assault' on the PS4 with no problem. I've pretty much had a class named that across all COD's (over the PS3, 360 and PS4) without issue.

I have a class named as 'Assault' on the PS4 with no problem. I've pretty much had a class named that across all COD's (over the PS3, 360 and PS4) without issue.

Ok - I will have to try again cause I left it as asault. Maybe I put in a space by mistake. I often mess up typing, spelling, numbers, ... life in general so it is very likely a mistake I made :dunce:

Thanks

I have been playing the game for a bit now. It's a better improvement from how bad ghosts was. I love how they have brought back my favourite mode war. I have hit first prestige now and got to the highest I will ever get in any call of duty leaderboard ever.

image.jpg

Are you playing on Xbox? I recall playing MW2 (I believe) on Xbox and it wouldn't let me name my class assault either. Doesn't happen on PlayStation.

I've enjoyed what I've played of Advanced Warfare so far. I beat the campaign on normal and while it was pretty short (like most FPS campaigns, unfortunately) it was certainly enjoyable. The cut scenes look amazing (I play on PS4) and the game itself look pretty damn good too. I've played one game of mutliplayer so far and I already enjoy it much more than Ghosts, I'm looking forward to replaying the campaign on Veteran as well as playing more online games.
I can't name mine assault on ps4. I wonder if its a region thing. I'm in the U.S.

I can't name mine assault on ps4. I wonder if its a region thing. I'm in the U.S.

Strange, I'm on PS4 and I named a class Assault with no problems at all. Do you have a Master or Sub account? I'm in the US as well, by the way.

Second best COD yet in my opinion. Wasn't expecting it to be really good like it is, after last years (Ghosts) I began to give up. Awesome, this should keep me entertained till Christmas. :D

Second best COD yet in my opinion. Wasn't expecting it to be really good like it is, after last years (Ghosts) I began to give up. Awesome, this should keep me entertained till Christmas. :D

I was deciding weather or not to get this as I skipped out on ghosts what a horrible game. I'm surprised at how much hate this game is getting it looks good to be honest. But I've decided I'm going to get it can't wait to play capture the flag and a few other modes. From what I've seen of the campaign it looks entertaining. Put this on my birthday list so I won't be getting it for another week though. Still looking forward to playing the game :).

Last edited:
I was deciding weather or not to get this as I skipped out on ghosts what a horrible game. I'm surprised at how much hate this game is getting it looks good to be honest. But I've decided I'm going to get it can't wait to play capture the flag and a few other modes. From what I've seen of the campaign it looks entertaining. Put this on my birthday list so I won't be getting it for another week though. Still looking forward to playing the game :).
Seriously man, its really good. Definetly a step up from last years and some of the previous CODS. The new jumping online is fun, and the guns are cool too. The online is really good, especially when you get a kill streak. I`d definitely recommend you to get it. :cheers:

If you go into this game expecting a whole new experience from previous CoDs then you will be disappointed. But it is fun in the CoD way. The Exo suits offer a cool way of utilizing the maps and can get out of trouble.

Overall its fun but I will be bored in the coming months. You will come across those people online who are impossible to kill and sometimes you will be that person, only thing I don't like is the inconsistency. Last night I had 2 matches where I couldn't get a kill, then I had 3 where I'd be unstoppable, I'd purposely die just to get my guns ammo back......I am by no means a great player but some kills I got were not deserved, it was all do to connections.

Seriously man, its really good. Definetly a step up from last years and some of the previous CODS. The new jumping online is fun, and the guns are cool too. The online is really good, especially when you get a kill streak. I`d definitely recommend you to get it. :cheers:

I'm looking forward to playing it when I get it. I've been a bf4 played for the last year so hopefully it's not that hard to change my play style.

If you go into this game expecting a whole new experience from previous CoDs then you will be disappointed. But it is fun in the CoD way. The Exo suits offer a cool way of utilizing the maps and can get out of trouble.

Overall its fun but I will be bored in the coming months. You will come across those people online who are impossible to kill and sometimes you will be that person, only thing I don't like is the inconsistency. Last night I had 2 matches where I couldn't get a kill, then I had 3 where I'd be unstoppable, I'd purposely die just to get my guns ammo back......I am by no means a great player but some kills I got were not deserved, it was all do to connections.

I've stopped going into games with high hopes. like I was all excited for destiny but it was a let down of a game. I spend just about all my time on mp but I hate the matchmaking in the game it frustrates me they are always so unbalanced. And when you join a game half way through your always on the losing team :(. I hope to reach prestige master or the emblem with a wolf.

I tried again over the weekend and I was able to name my class Assault - im on ps4 in the USA.

Should have played more with the double XP weekend, but more stuff and perks does not help the fact that I am just not that good. - Still fun though.. and the campaign is not half bad, not done with it yet though.

I am begining to dislike the multi player in this game....I dont know if its lag or what but I cant get the drop on anybody..Im realy not bad of a FPS player but its hard for me to be in the top half of my team...depressing...On a better note I played some Single Player and so far this by far the best COD yet

So far, the multiplayer is known to have inconsistent spawns and connection. I usually get a very good connection and then one or two laggy games while my friend almost always gets laggy games, even though his internet is better than mine.

I have a great connection..50 up 30 down..but I group up with friends its terrible..I see everyones ping go to red thruought the game...I dont remember this being an issue with other COD's

Hey there was suppose to be an Update go out today...has anyone installed it and played??...Has MP gotten a little more stable??...Im at work..=(

MP has always been stable for me (on both the PS4 and the Xbox One), but a friend of mine who has been experiencing lag since Day Zero said that the recent patch hasn't fixed anything in terms of connection. Schofield has said that there is another patch in the works, so you might have to wait until the next one.

Played a few Dom matches earlier and it was still good, then bad, then good, then bad......I've noticed since staying clear of TDM, I enjoy the matches more.

Does anyone play this game with a stereo headset??...If so are you noticing a change in sound quality after about an hour of play??...My Astros are acting weird...I played another game today and it seems to sound fine with it but In COD the bass seems to disapear after a little time playing...And no the battery is not low...fully charged. I didnt know if with the updates lately might have done something to it

Back