Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
just pre-ordered the Clubsport shifter SQ 1.5. ETA february :( My gated shifter for my pwts is malfuctioning so i guess its just sequential or paddles for a bit.

Eta for shifter when I placed order was 12/01 and v2 base 12/08 impatiently waiting for updates :(

I have my BMW gt3 rim that I ordered 11/26 before finding out about the black Friday deal

Was able to place the black Friday deal and get refunded what I paid for the gt3 rim except the shipping cost since I already received the product :(

So two steering wheels and v2 pedals just need my base and shifter so I can start playing again

Has anyone actually started receiving a retail version yet? I figured the boards would be flooded by now with people talking about their new v2's. Mine was scheduled to ship the first week of December but I don't have anything concrete yet. I contacted support about two weeks ago asking about my ship date, and they simply replied that its scheduled for early December.

I got mine for weeks (first batch) but without a rim (coming soon) not much to say about it :)

I also look at some production wheel review but it seems that there is no detailed new review until now.

I just wasn't sure if they were even shipping yet or if no one that owns one cares to talk about it. Sort of worrisome honestly.

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered in "early December". I will be happy to comment on it. I purchased an F1 rim several months ago for it so I will put it in service as soon as it arrives. I have switched to Assetto Corsa so that's what the comparison to the CSR-E with Buehler motors will be made with.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad: Dear Valued Customer,

"Today our carrier has informed us about some shipping delays. We are so sorry that your order of the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 is affected by this matter.

The current estimated shipping date is delayed to end of December 2014. Please be aware that we will do our best to re-ship the ordered goods after the customs clearances process at the earliest date as possible, we hope we can send your order before Christmas.

We fully understand if you are not willing to wait for such a long time to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw your order at any time. We would then refund the pre-payments immediately.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this shipping delay.

Not really surprised since I've hardly heard anything from anyone about this wheel since it was announced. I have a feeling they're running behind schedule for whatever reason.

Any idea when the xbox one compatible wheels are going to be released? ?

I have a v2 base and pedals on order for a January ship date..... would like to add the wheel to the order hahaha

:banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad: Dear Valued Customer,

"Today our carrier has informed us about some shipping delays. We are so sorry that your order of the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 is affected by this matter.

The current estimated shipping date is delayed to end of December 2014. Please be aware that we will do our best to re-ship the ordered goods after the customs clearances process at the earliest date as possible, we hope we can send your order before Christmas.

We fully understand if you are not willing to wait for such a long time to obtain your order. Of course, you can withdraw your order at any time. We would then refund the pre-payments immediately.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences arising by this shipping delay.

Same here, unbelievable!

That sucks, and I imagine that Fanatec is as pissed off than their customers. The holidays season is always a nightmare for small companies because the bigger ones (Apple & co) consume all transporter's capabilities.

Just got an email, my October order is being delayed to end of December for the CSW and mid January for the CSH.
C'mon Fanantec it's starting to get ridiculous. Always with these delays, no matter what I order.
I was looking to finish my setup this year, but busted !!! Also still no news on the on the Xbone rim?!?

I sent emails regarding my orders CSW V2 (Order date Oct 8th US) CSS SQ (Order date Oct 25 US)

CSS SQ - Is delayed 2 weeks
CSW V2 - Expected for end of January 2015

Why is my wheel base delayed longer then everyone else? :( At the time of order it was supposed to be a Dec 8th delivery and from previous request of when my product was supposed to ship they said early to mid Dec.

Any one else in the US that ordered in October with a December delivery get push back to end of January?

Any one else in the US that ordered in October with a December delivery get push back to end of January?

I'm US and I ordered a CSW V2 September 28. I contacted Fanatec a couple of weeks ago and my ETA was mid December. I suspect if I contact now I will get the same reply you have received.

Back in November I read there were congestion related delays at the port of Long Beach and San Pedro. So that may be the main issue. I guess I will contact them again and see what they say.

Last edited:
It's like the whole sim peripherals market is imploding... (Or is that exploding?)
both Fanatec and Thrustmaster are having huge problems getting enough stock to cope with orders. Fanatec went with an invite only preorder for their CSWv2 to control sales but are still having difficulty getting them out. Thrustmaster wheels are drip feeding in small batches to around the world, but actually finding a way to buy their pedals or shifters is a complete drama.

So... Production problems for both companies, or much higher demand than expected?

Surely it can't just be that with Logitech seeming like the bad choice for future proofing that a huge demand has suddenly swung towards the smaller manufacturers, thereby overloading them?

I ordered my V2 base on 9/25 and the date on the site said 12/08 when I ordered so since that's in a few days I contacted fanatec last night and got this back today. I'm in the U.S.

"The estimated shipping date for your order is mid of December. You will get an email confirmation as soon as the items will ship from our warehouse."

I sent emails regarding my orders CSW V2 (Order date Oct 8th US) CSS SQ (Order date Oct 25 US)

CSS SQ - Is delayed 2 weeks
CSW V2 - Expected for end of January 2015

Why is my wheel base delayed longer then everyone else? :( At the time of order it was supposed to be a Dec 8th delivery and from previous request of when my product was supposed to ship they said early to mid Dec.

I ordered my CSW v2 on 9/27 and I'm in the US and my estimated delivery was 12/8 when I ordered it but I don't have anything yet stating its shipping and we're awfully close to 12/8. I don't have an E-mail stating mine is delayed yet but I guess I should be preparing myself for it any day now after seeing so many of you that got that E-mail.

It's like the whole sim peripherals market is imploding... (Or is that exploding?)
both Fanatec and Thrustmaster are having huge problems getting enough stock to cope with orders. Fanatec went with an invite only preorder for their CSWv2 to control sales but are still having difficulty getting them out. Thrustmaster wheels are drip feeding in small batches to around the world, but actually finding a way to buy their pedals or shifters is a complete drama.
So... Production problems for both companies, or much higher demand than expected?
Surely it can't just be that with Logitech seeming like the bad choice for future proofing that a huge demand has suddenly swung towards the smaller manufacturers, thereby overloading them?

Could be. My guess is that with the huge influx of new racing sims on the PC and some new racing games on the consoles and no backwards compatibility with Logitech wheels for consoles, I assume Thrustmaster and Fanatec are selling as many as they can make right now.

Last edited:
i already expected delays, but it will be sad if my order is really pushed back further to end of January when im supposed to be part of the December deliveries

Mid December response and end of January response were both sent from different sales reps. so i hoping it is just an error

I received my V2 base on the 27th Oct, I would have gladly waited for the release of the Xbox one rim for the delivery of both items, but was unaware of being able to extend my invite. As it is, my base is still in its box unused, the warranty slowly disappearing.

I was hoping that there would be news after I ordered it, even news of a preorder date, but maybe Fanatec need to wait for some exclusive Thrustmaster deal or something to end, who knows. Maybe Thomas is just waiting for a Christmas announcement to make him feel like Santa, you know how he is, fingers are crossed.

I received my V2 base on the 27th Oct, I would have gladly waited for the release of the Xbox one rim for the delivery of both items, but was unaware of being able to extend my invite. As it is, my base is still in its box unused, the warranty slowly disappearing.

I was hoping that there would be news after I ordered it, even news of a preorder date, but maybe Fanatec need to wait for some exclusive Thrustmaster deal or something to end, who knows. Maybe Thomas is just waiting for a Christmas announcement to make him feel like Santa, you know how he is, fingers are crossed.

That sucks.

The last thing I readed about the Xbone Wheel (or next gen wheels) was this post from Thomas 2 days ago on his blog:

Will the new console specific steering wheels also be PC compatible like the CSRE was with the 360 and PC?

This cannot be confirmed at this point. We are trying, though.

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discus...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Last edited by a moderator:
looking back at my email i misread the order numbers, the response of End of January was for my clubsport order. I sent another email requesting an update status for the wheel base and they still say it will ship on Dec 8th. Really hoping this is true :crazy:

looking back at my email i misread the order numbers, the response of End of January was for my clubsport order. I sent another email requesting an update status for the wheel base and they still say it will ship on Dec 8th. Really hoping this is true :crazy:

You are from Europe? Would be surprised if some get the base and some not. This would lead to more frustration. I ordered on 09/27 and got also delayed.

Back