FIFA 15 Pro ClubsPS4 

• Thread starter Ellis
  • 375 comments
Me and Sam are on now if people would like to join, cup window is still open

PSN having issues with the friends list and giving an error.

I think we can just use the ingame chat if we can't see friends to invite to a party.

Ok, I'm in clubs waiting.

Edit - So are we playing tonight then? Fifa's working fine.

Last edited:
I'm up for it.

Edit - I'm only friends on PSN with a couple of people in the club. If people don't mind I'll send some FRs to some other club members so if Paul or ellis aren't playing l'll know others are.

Last edited:
Team, thoughts/feelings on how we can pull ourselves out of this annoying losing slump? Something has to change!

I don't know how we can change it, it's the shoddy defenders and goalies we get landed with that cost us games. We've said it before we go on the offensive and are faced with an immovable wall of massive, strong, alert, quick and intelligent AI defenders.
Yet when they attack us there's so many gaps, and the AI are less than useless through no fault of the Anys.

There's got to be something other teams are exploiting that we haven't found yet. Maybe they still it on park the bus and fiddle with the command things?

I think everything we play is way too quick, I know this is an issue that has been raised numerous times, and we fix it for a few games after and then more often that not we (myself included) return to previous. But, Apon observation I have noticed that it isnt just that we go from defense to attack in 2 or 3 passes (il get to this in a second), Its also our defending.
I remember a game a few days ago where there was one guy who would fake shot past like 6 people on the wing and then scored and we were all furious, I noticed similarities with how we defend in general with what happened in that particular situation. Basically, I think our defending is also too rushed, When seeing us defend against someone running at us, Usually there is someone charging headlong for them for a murderous slide tackle, which is all well and fine but 1. with fifa refereeing we usually give away fouls, and secondly, If we miss, which it is quite easy to do against such a challenge (we exploit it to some extent in the same situation), We are left one defender down, but then you see another person going for the same challenge and then our whole defense unfolds around us because too many are behind the ball or are pulled away from marking one person or another. I personally think that is how we often get ripped apart in defense as once these people get past a first challenge then they have space and time to do something before someone else comes in, and they have a space to pass into which was vacated by who he just passed and/or the person who will now need to challenge them.
Now I accept that since I am either on the wing or up front in fifa this year, some peoples perception may be different, But I would think if instead of diving into every challenge, we can simply hold them up or just stay infront of them, this would let us keep our shape since we arent commiting 3 people to getting the ball off someone and leaving ourselves exposed if it doesnt work out.

To the attacking, I believe we arent really doing that much wrong considering we do actually score quite a fair bit of goals, We could score more of course but cant really go much more into that without trying to change peoples mentalities for fifa (fenton) ;)
But, I have noticed this, even from the fifa 13 days, And it kinda rejogged my memory when people like sam and ellis complain of not having the ball most of the game, but when they are in CAM. Typically I have noticed when opposition do well against us it is because they distribute alot from the middle, they have one good player who always picks people out or takes the ball forward, or simply keeps possession. I find our main problem as usual is that we simply dont use the central midfield positions.
The old thing with going from defense to attack in 2 passes kinda falls into this too along with the passing accuracy and the possession thing that we have began to pick up on recently, I find that whenever we do get the ball in our box/half of the pitch, it always goes to someone on either the wing, or a striker (or whoever happens to be furthest up at that point), It seems to be as soon as we get the ball the eye is straight to their backline waiting for someone to make a run, and i feel that since we just skip the central midfield, we stand a high chance of losing possession with these wonder passes and it is why i believed our passing accuracy was so low.
To illustrate this think of how much an effect some great CDM's or CAM's of the past few years actually affect the games of which they play in (Xavi/Iniesta, Yaya Toure, Schwiensteiger etc) yet, if teams play the way we play, these players would hardly be used, To those who dont notice it, I again would highlight that people who play in CAM always seem to get the least touches of the ball.
I know this is a hell of a post, and I was hesitating to make it as I dont want people (myself included) taking clubs way too seriously, But I do think we can do better without tryharding too much :)

Quite simply, I agree with every single thing Paul said there! I implore people to take the time to read it even though it is a rather long post!

I would also make the point on the subject of Centre Midfielders, CDMs, its in the name, defensive, The amount of time I see them running up like a bat out of hell, for us to be caught on the counter attack with a really exposed defence. The past few nights when I have been playing CAM, there has been more times than I can count on my fingers I have been defending further back than the CDMs, which then means I have to run like hell to get all the way back up to provide assistance for the attack. And when I have been in goal, I have noticed Sam and Ryan having to do a similar thing as well

Last edited:
Yeah agreed, that one night a few days ago when all the positions were taken and I played in midfield I barely ever touched the ball, unless I got in a forward position, but then leaves a gapping space if they counter.

However, as has been said, we score plenty already. I think its more the (genuinely) sloppy tackles that cause us issues rather than the fact we don't play like Barcelona. We give away penalties like its Christmas.

PS. What division are we in not been on for a few days, 5 or 6 im guessing?

Double PS. Clubs after Champions League games tonight?

Team, thoughts/feelings on how we can pull ourselves out of this annoying losing slump? Something has to change!
:Dxxx Have you tried a sweeper? It's something myself and Sureshot have noticed since playing the top teams in Div 1. Obviously it demands a large amount of discipline so maybe take turns, or what I would personally do make Ayron do it.............properly.:mischievous:

Back