Game Stock Car

• Thread starter oqvist
  • 319 comments
Really wish Reiza used the Dallara F312 for their formula 3 but oh well, here is the 2014 F3 Europe skinpack i started
doqnnr.jpg

Game Stock Car 2013 / Extreme video. It's a race of two laps with the Formula V12 cars at Santa Cruz do Sul.

-------------------

http://www.virtualr.net/game-stock-car-extreme-version-1-20-update

Reiza Studios have released a new progress update on the planned 1.20 version release of their Game Stock Car Extreme title.

We have been observing a lot of understandable anxiety regarding the release of GSCE v1.20, so we feel it would help if we clarify the reasons for these delays and what the situation is now.

As you probably know, along with all the new cars and tracks we have also been developing several new functionalities for GSCE – these involve some heavy-duty programming, and that side of things has been concentrated on the hands of one very special guy. Unfortunately this very special guy has had a serious run of bad luck over the last 2-3 months, which have meant we have been effectively 2 weeks worth of coding work away from having all the necessary v1.20 functionalities in beta state throughout this time.

This predicament has not only kept us stuck during this time, but also prevented us from making any realistic prediction as to when we´d effectively be done with v1.20.

The good news is that “the man” has been back in full force so we´re effectively running through those remaining 2 weeks of development since last week, and everything is pretty far along now.

We fully understand the anxiety – rest assured no one is more anxious to get this out than ourselves

Version 1.20 of Game Stock Car Extreme will introduce the Formula Extreme, Reiza’s fictional take on the 2014 Formula One rule set as well as the nimble Formula Vee.

Furthermore, players will also get their hands on two more brand new tracks as both Buenos Aires and the Austrian Spielberg track will be part of the release.

More info on Game Stock Car Extreme can be found on the official website.

Last edited:
Hope you are right...do you have a source for your claim?
From Reiza's facebook page: GSC Sync locked for final betatesting round. Please hold, we´ll let you know when it´s open again.

And over at racedepartment they confirmed it was for them to update the sync for 1.20.

Version 1.20 is out and the new cars are fantastic as is the Red Bull Ring. Formula Vee cars are some of the best fun cars I've driven. Currently busy changing the driver and team names on the current F1 season cars to official ones.

This from Inside SIM Racing

After an extended delay, version 1.20 of Game Stock Car Extreme has been released! This latest update brings 3 new cars to the sim, including the Formula Extreme, which is an open wheeler constructed to the regulations of the 2014 Formula 1 season. The Formula V12 has also been expanded since the latest update, and features a full roster of 12 teams and 24 cars. Three circuits (Buenos Aires [4 layouts], Spielberg [2 layouts], and Spielberg Historic) have also been added to the sim.

Don’t be fooled into thinking this is just a content update though. Version 1.20 is packed full of under the hood updates as well. Support for DRS and (simplified) ERS has been added. Multiple qualifying sessions are now supported, in concordance with F1 and Stock Car Brasil rules. Tire physics has also been updated, in anticipation for tire model updates in future builds. For a full list of updates, check out the changelog below.

Are you going to give the Formula Extreme a try? Let us know!

NOTE: Mods that have loose files that conflict with original game files will cause trouble – make sure your “Shared” folder in particular is clean before you update. For the same reason mods & addon tracks might require some updating in order to work properly.

Main changelog for v1.20:

Content

Cars:

-Added Stock Car V8 2014 season to Stock Car V8 series
-Added Formula Extreme series
-Added Formula Vee series
-Completed full Formula V12 field + updated graphics

Tracks:

-Buenos Aires (4 layouts)
-Spielberg (2 layouts)
-Spielberg Historic

Features & fixes:

-Added DRS functionality + rules (for F-Extreme / f-Reiza)
-Added multiple qualifying rules (F1 style / Stockv8)
-Added option to restrict prime / option tire compound selections per track
-Adjusted StockV8 tire change rules so only 1 tire is changed at a time as per real rules
-Revised tire physics on all cars in preparation to new tire model features currently in development
-Added multiple tire compound options with corresponding tirewall colors to F-Extreme / F-Reiza
-Adjusted dirty air physics for more realistic behavior
-Adjusted engine cooling properties in all cars
-Adjusted AI performance for wider range specially in lower strentgh settings, and more consistency all around from track to track, series to series
-Fixed bug with AI performance discrepancy from quali to race (RaceQualRatio=XX parameter now works in AIW files, lower than 1.0 value will result in slower qual times relative to race, higher values will do the opposite. By default AI should be about 2% faster in quali; remains an issue with AI being too quick in practice sessions)
-Increased rearview mirror resolution for all cars
-Corrected FOV / POV + tv cameras to the same standards for all cars
-Updated rumble sounds to be more “bassy” on all cars (for Buttkicker and other similar systems)
-Adjusted trackside cameras in all tracks for more realistic framing / tracking
-Adjusted some inconsistent road & terrain properties, fixing some overdone high frequency bumps
-Various environmental / lightining enhancements (new skies / fog and other updated shaders);
-Introduced new Foliage shader which looks better & is more optimized to provide performance boost
-Added 3d tyre lods at Granja Viana to help ease performance issues
-Added 3d Armco at Interlagos

Known issues:

-The F-Extreme ERS system has been simplified for this release – basically, the battery is fully charged all the time and the power blending still needs work, meaning the driveability under throttle is not quite what it should be yet;

-The AI for the F-Extreme does not use 8th gear or DRS;

-The hard compound for the F-Extreme & F-Reiza does ot have its proper grey Pirelli sidewall label.

All these should be sorted out in time for the next update.

I installed the Porsche Cup mod I downloaded from Racedepartment the other day. It's the best car (multiple liveries) I've driven on any game ever. Absolutely spine tingling.

Managed to get things running at 60 frames per second and the experience was great (finally managed to "clear out" my PC)

Got it to work... with chrome and all but still cant seem to get the logo showing on the front grill.
This is a really late reply but if you havent figured it out by now i can help you. I fiddled around with when i was doing my car and got it to work.
Untitled.jpg

Great video, any chance someone could do a FXtreme video but showing the car from the T-Cam view, experimenting with buying this game, and that's the view I prefer to use.

I got my T300RS on Saturday and downloaded the free trial version of GSC. This is the first computer sim I've played ..very impressed! Having come from GT series, I'm a little overwhelmed by all the choices available. Sure I'll eventually get it all sorted out, but so far this is awesome. Definite purchase for me.

I got my T300RS on Saturday and downloaded the free trial version of GSC. This is the first computer sim I've played ..very impressed! Having come from GT series, I'm a little overwhelmed by all the choices available. Sure I'll eventually get it all sorted out, but so far this is awesome. Definite purchase for me.
Some get turned off by the defaults (FOV, views, performance, graphics, etc. related) but if you stick with it you will reap the benefits! There are a ton of tweaks that can be made to fine-tune everything. I first time I tried GSCE I thought the graphics looked terrible but after learning what works and what doesn't it looks VERY nice, not on the level of pCARS or AC but it gets the job done very well. This is probably my favorite sim at the moment.
My favorite mod add-on is the Porsche 911 Cup RSR 3.0L 2.8, it's a blast!

I took months before I bought and downloaded the full version mistakenly thinking GT6 was going to improve hugely. This game is incredible. I do like the . Mostly I run the game at 1600x900 and full detail including mirrors for the best results with shadows on 1 or 2 down from max.

Some get turned off by the defaults (FOV, views, performance, graphics, etc. related) but if you stick with it you will reap the benefits! There are a ton of tweaks that can be made to fine-tune everything. I first time I tried GSCE I thought the graphics looked terrible but after learning what works and what doesn't it looks VERY nice, not on the level of pCARS or AC but it gets the job done very well. This is probably my favorite sim at the moment.

My favorite mod add-on is the Porsche 911 Cup RSR 3.0L 2.8, it's a blast!

Mine has been the Porsche Carrera Cup also on Racedepartment so thanks, I'll try the new one shortly Fuzzy.

The Formula Nippon mod is also one of my favourites.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/formula-nippon.87161/#post-1793785

The "British Sports Cars" were also fantastic. Unfortunately the models apparently came from a naughty place so have been removed. Still it will only be a few months until they can be experienced in the appropriate game.

Just got this from their facebook page

A preview of v1.25 and beyond

One of the new tracks - Johannesburg historic

10556394_10152820888992743_3227271085712550884_n.jpg

10427321_10152820888747743_5180475352751288342_n.jpg

10388091_10152820888627743_8361709150492318226_n.jpg

New preview showcasing some of the upcoming GSC Extreme developments for v1.25 & beyond - new tyre model features such as flatspotting, dirt pickup + visible flexing under load. Bodywork such as front & rear wing also vibrate and flex accordingly

After playing this for a few days, I tried my hand at loading some mod tracks. It worked great , so I tried to download some of the modded cars and failed miserably. I thought it would be the same as doing the tracks...but evidently I'm missing something. This is my first computer game and know just enough about this stuff to get lost. Any tutorial link or help would be appreciated.

After playing this for a few days, I tried my hand at loading some mod tracks. It worked great , so I tried to download some of the modded cars and failed miserably. I thought it would be the same as doing the tracks...but evidently I'm missing something. This is my first computer game and know just enough about this stuff to get lost. Any tutorial link or help would be appreciated.
Usually the modder will include a brief readme for the install but it is very easy really. Most of the time it's just a matter of dropping the files into the correct folder. I don't know of a "guide" per-se, but it's not complicated. 95% of the cars and tracks I have tried have worked fine.

FYI, if you haven't tried RaceRoom Racing Experience you may want to check that out - especially since the latest updates it is one of the best sims on the PC - and free to play with limited content (and you can test drive any car that's available to purchase). http://game.raceroom.com/

I'm really enjoying this sim. I've been pretty much GT and F1 series only, since GT1 until now, this is really making it hard to go back to console games. Maybe that's the difference.... Simulation or Game.

Yeah, I can't go back, the feel (with a wheel, SimVibe, etc.) of the PC sims just ruined the console racers for me. To some extent it's what you get use to, its not that the games are bad. If I do find a little time to play on the consoles I just use a gamepad as the FFB with a wheel feels dead.

Latest Posts

Back