Gran Turismo 6 Memes (NO profanity/stupidity/obvious re-use/flooding)

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 5,808 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
hsv
Or what fits the very clear definition of a meme.

If you have a problem with how it works, don't start making empty accusations.

Since the beginning of this thread there have been made multiple posts of non-"meme" jokes. Since when has it suddenly become an issue that someone posts something funny, and harmless, that's non-meme?

Since the beginning of this thread there have been made multiple posts of non-"meme" jokes. Since when has it suddenly become an issue that someone posts something funny, and harmless, that's non-meme?
It's how all threads on GTP operate. All it took was for a mod to skim the countless pages of drivel for the first time.

Last edited:
No, they'll find a way to delete that aswell. It's all about what's a "Meme" in their eyes.
If I wanted to delete it I wouldn't need to find a way. And yes it is all about what's a meme in our eyes - that's what the thread was set up for...

Incidentally, the doge-based image was fine. Good effort.
Blame the folks who, when given a little wiggle room to play with, just post up mod-bait rubbish.
Unfortunately we see this time and again. We let the rope out and certain people use it to hang everyone.

The four pages of crap I deleted included images that abused PD, Kazunori, the staff of GTPlanet and a lot of posts sprinkled with profanity. They're the people you need to get pissed at - they're why we can't have nice things.

It's not a discussion. This is how it is.

Incidentally, anyone else who wants to call the staff Nazis will get a free holiday.

All memes are stupid in one form or another. This entire thread must be pointless to you.
Aren't all threads unnecessary? It's not a nessecity to post on these forums.

Whatever about that, a picture of some gt academy finalists with a dog face on one of them with poor grammar on the picture isn't funny.

And nobody call me a killjoy. I just have an actual sense of humour.

Just sayin'

We pretty much self regulated the thread for 75 pages w/o mod help. If a "meme" sucked or was rude it got no likes and a comment or two of mostly constructive critisim. I put up some weak ones and deleted them after getting some feedback. No biggie. Now this thread and the other one got all negative and lame. Thanks for that.

Some meme.jpg

At least doge is actually a meme.

No. No. It's not a meme. This "doge" thing is the most stupid thing I've ever seen in the history of the internet. I was around to see other stupid things like necknominations and rickrolling. But this god damn dog has become so stupid I actually want to high five the initial creator in the face with a brick. I honestly don't know anyone who would look at that and laugh, it makes absolutely no sense at all. All it does is fill me with rage and I want to punch my computer screen. This thing needs to stop soon or kids will start copying this and the future generation will be completely screwed. Evenmore than it already is!

/rant.

No. No. It's not a meme. This "doge" thing is the most stupid thing I've ever seen in the history of the internet. I was around to see other stupid things like necknominations and rickrolling. But this god damn dog has become so stupid I actually want to high five the initial creator in the face with a brick. I honestly don't know anyone who would look at that and laugh, it makes absolutely no sense at all. All it does is fill me with rage and I want to punch my computer screen. This thing needs to stop soon or kids will start copying this and the future generation will be completely screwed. Evenmore than it already is!

/rant.

Yes! Thank you - I totally agree - Doge is just silly and pointless.

/rant.
It doesn't matter if you don't like it or not. It's still a meme. Your standards do not rewrite the definition of a meme. :rolleyes:

There was a former moderator (who will remain anonymous) who's actions to get him removed from GTP could classify as scumbag material.

hsv
It doesn't matter if you don't like it or not. It's still a meme. Your standards do not rewrite the definition of a meme. :rolleyes:

People here are assuming memes = "advice animal macros"; that's it. :irked:

Reactions: hsv
How about the regular funny pic thread in the Rumble Strip?

Or, in the case of the altered GTP news screenshots, the funny screenshot thread, also in the Rumble Strip?
Or maybe in the gt6 section, becuase it's about gt6?

@IneedSchool's gtplanet news posts were the funniest memes in this thread, and now they're not allowed here :confused:

If I'm honest, I think If a video of a cat made of pop tart farting a rainbow across the galaxy is a meme, I think this also qualifies.

Please give us out laughter back

@IneedSchool's gtplanet news posts were the funniest memes in this thread, and now they're not allowed here :confused:

If I'm honest, I think If a video of a cat made of pop tart farting a rainbow across the galaxy is a meme, I think this also qualifies.

If I wanted to delete it I wouldn't need to find a way. And yes it is all about what's a meme in our eyes - that's what the thread was set up for...

Incidentally, the doge-based image was fine. Good effort.Unfortunately we see this time and again. We let the rope out and certain people use it to hang everyone.

The four pages of crap I deleted included images that abused PD, Kazunori, the staff of GTPlanet and a lot of posts sprinkled with profanity. They're the people you need to get pissed at - they're why we can't have nice things.

It's not a discussion. This is how it is.
And the profanity-strewn news post edits were amongst the biggest offenders.

Now we can keep talking about it and baiting the staff - which is far more likely to get the thread locked - or we can post memes. I know which I'd prefer, and it's not the one where I have to start pressing buttons because I really don't like pressing buttons.

And the profanity-strewn news post edits were amongst the biggest offenders.

Now we can keep talking about it and baiting the staff - which is far more likely to get the thread locked - or we can post memes. I know which I'd prefer, and it's not the one where I have to start pressing buttons because I really don't like pressing buttons.
Then don't press them. Let's move on

Aka let's post memes!

Unfortunately you better get used to my unfunny memes because those news posts gave me a bad reputation on GTPlanet.

/rant.
No matter how much you don't like it, it will always be a meme.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doge_(meme)

/nottryingtostartanotherargument

If you want to reply, PM me.

Reactions: hsv
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back