GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
I miss WRS!

May i suggest real-life tracks for the next few weeks?

:cheers:

I normally try to keep things changed up. That means tires, drivetrain, road car vs. race car, tuning vs. arcade mode, as well as a mix of city, original and real tracks. Last real track was week 31, so chances are, you'll get your wish next week. But probably not the week after. ;)

Spa - every week :D

I'll have to put up a poll to make sure there isn't an overwhelming sentiment that people don't want to pay $5 for the pleasure of participating in WRS.

As long as people are OK with it, this will be the location for week 36.

EDK
I'll have to put up a poll to make sure there isn't an overwhelming sentiment that people don't want to pay $5 for the pleasure of participating in WRS.

As long as people are OK with it, this will be the location for week 36.

This isn't the official poll, but I vote YES.👍 Spa is one of my favorite tracks, and $5 isn't much to pay for a needed new track IMO. Not to mention one the best tracks in the world.

Just my 2cents, can't wait for this track, one more week!!!:)

This isn't the official poll, but I vote YES.👍 Spa is one of my favorite tracks, and $5 isn't much to pay for a needed new track IMO. Not to mention one the best tracks in the world.

Just my 2cents, can't wait for this track, one more week!!!:)

I expect the poll to be an overwhelming yes, but I've been surprised before.

The hidden intent of the poll is so the race thread doesn't get overrun by a few moaners who don't agree with running a WRS on a paid DLC track. ;)

EDK
The hidden intent of the poll is so the race thread doesn't get overrun by a few moaners who don't agree with running a WRS on a paid DLC track. ;)

Good point, it's impossible to please everyone.

Not sure if it's been suggested before, but what about doing a fixed setup combo?

Would that be too complicated to keep track of and make sure everyone is actually sticking to the setup?

That's pretty much what the Arcade Mode non-tuning weeks are already. And in tuning weeks there are always setups available from members who are ok with tuning. What you suggest would be next to impossible to police anwyay. :)

Has it ever been kicked around about division championships? I used to race in a 30+ week scrambles series, they had a high point side to the competition that made me look at the bigger picture. I always knew that I might not be the fastest guy on the track but if I showed up more then the fast guys I could offset there points lead if they missed a week or two. I also knew that if they won to much by the half way in the season, they would get moved up to the next higher division and they would stop adding to their points in my division. There existing points would stay there in my division as they were credited half of those points to move into the next division. There was motivation everywhere in this series and thought maybe for next year we could have Division Champions, if for no other reason then to add to our sigz :)

--------------------- more hallucinations in public :) -----------------------------------

I was also thinking about a tuners trophy that could get some of the non WRS forum members in on the game. There is a tuners area of the forum and they could play along creating tunes for our events like a sponsor. The driver who liked the tune could award his tuner points to who ever he wanted to, be it a WRS member or a non WRS forum member. The WRS shouldn't be this place where just us nuts hang out, it could also be for the Mad Scientist in the forum who need willing guinea pigs.

Last edited:
--------------------- more hallucinations in public -----------------------------------

I was also thinking about a tuners trophy that could get some of the non WRS forum members in on the game. There is a tuners area of the forum and they could play along creating tunes for our events like a sponsor. The driver who liked the tune could award his tuner points to who ever he wanted to, be it a WRS member or a non WRS forum member. The WRS shouldn't be this place where just us nuts hang out, it could also be for the Mad Scientist in the forum who need willing guinea pigs.

Actually this has been done one time.
In my time as steward,I invited 4 or 5 tuners to come up with a tune for a WRS week.
The one who´s tune was most used was declared as winner.
If I recall it right because I can not find the race anymore,
Even forgot if it was prologue or GT4.:ouch:

I had a suggestion to do Suzuka in arcade mode this next week in a quick non race car and my personal choice of cars to use for many good reasons would be the Nismo 380RS Super Leggera.

I see you guys did Suzuka in week 20 before I was a member tho.

I can only recommend one other track we havent done since I was a member thats interesting and I think would be nice after a real large track TT like Spa and thats Cape Ring North.

Warning I did place 9th in a seasonal TT at CRN. No way will any arcade car drive like the Dodge Hemi 4X4 I tuned and drove there tho. A super understeering slow pig it was but it roasted the tires beautifully in massive Ebrake drifts thru the 2 tight corners.:)

If you happened to pick CRN I cant give you a car suggestion. Havent tried any of the arcade cars there. I chose the Super Leggera mainly since it wasnt a race car, its quick and it has no handling issues whatsoever at Suzuka...no idea how it might drive at CRN. Might be a sweet combo?

I'd be up for that Jack, sounds like fun. I've not driven that car yet so it would be a good chance to become acquainted.

I'd be up for that Jack, sounds like fun. I've not driven that car yet so it would be a good chance to become acquainted.

Thanks Jon. Its nice your back with us again. These last few WRS weeks havent been the same without you.

I ran a few laps at Cape Ring North in the Leggera, it drives pretty good. Its a little less tame at CRN than Suzuka. It doesnt fly to well tho, that landing is unpredictable off the big jump.

Another car might fly better if CRN gets used in arcade mode otherwise I would suggest saving CRN for a tuning week so you can adjust how the car flys with the springs and how it lands, the angle of the nose dive basically.

The Super Leggera is a nice driving just as its tuned stock car for sure tho. Theres a few other really sweet ones as well in arcade mode that I really liked at Suzuka. The Isuzu 4200 concept car '89 is nice, slightly drifts so sweet. The Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07 is another I liked.

Has it ever been kicked around about division championships? I used to race in a 30+ week scrambles series, they had a high point side to the competition that made me look at the bigger picture. I always knew that I might not be the fastest guy on the track but if I showed up more then the fast guys I could offset there points lead if they missed a week or two. I also knew that if they won to much by the half way in the season, they would get moved up to the next higher division and they would stop adding to their points in my division. There existing points would stay there in my division as they were credited half of those points to move into the next division. There was motivation everywhere in this series and thought maybe for next year we could have Division Champions, if for no other reason then to add to our sigz :)

--------------------- more hallucinations in public :) -----------------------------------

Seasonal points system is something we've bounced around. Vaxen has something worked out for it already, it's just a matter of implementation. But we were thinking more toward the online aspect....

Actually this has been done one time.
In my time as steward,I invited 4 or 5 tuners to come up with a tune for a WRS week.
The one who´s tune was most used was declared as winner.
If I recall it right because I can not find the race anymore,
Even forgot if it was prologue or GT4.:ouch:

It was Prologue, let me go digging to see if I can find the week......

EDIT : Here it is.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115587&highlight=tuning+garage

I had a suggestion to do Suzuka in arcade mode this next week in a quick non race car and my personal choice of cars to use for many good reasons would be the Nismo 380RS Super Leggera.

I see you guys did Suzuka in week 20 before I was a member tho.

I can only recommend one other track we havent done since I was a member thats interesting and I think would be nice after a real large track TT like Spa and thats Cape Ring North.

Warning I did place 9th in a seasonal TT at CRN. No way will any arcade car drive like the Dodge Hemi 4X4 I tuned and drove there tho. A super understeering slow pig it was but it roasted the tires beautifully in massive Ebrake drifts thru the 2 tight corners.:)

If you happened to pick CRN I cant give you a car suggestion. Havent tried any of the arcade cars there. I chose the Super Leggera mainly since it wasnt a race car, its quick and it has no handling issues whatsoever at Suzuka...no idea how it might drive at CRN. Might be a sweet combo?

Cape Ring is definitely due in the cycle. Since we already did a partial course there, it will most likely be the full course next time.

Suzuka is not quite due yet. Since I like to mix it up, I'll be keeping an eye on the seasonal TT's and will use one of those as the platform for a track that's due in the cycle as available. Tsukuba last week is a good example of that.

EDK
Cape Ring is definitely due in the cycle. Since we already did a partial course there, it will most likely be the full course next time.

Suzuka is not quite due yet. Since I like to mix it up, I'll be keeping an eye on the seasonal TT's and will use one of those as the platform for a track that's due in the cycle as available. Tsukuba last week is a good example of that.

Maybe Chamonix? We just got snow where I live and its staying to not melting off today. Give everyone a lesson in driving on snow as a refresher for real life driving? haha just go real crazy fast!:)

Hey Jack, thanks for the welcome back, I appreciate it, although I don't quite feel I'm back yet as I still don't have Spa! The Isuzu 4200R was used in wk 5 I think and the Audi was used in wk 14 at the 'Ring.

The full Cape Ring would be fun, although anyone that tried to enter the GTAcademy might be over it (I think it was the same course used).

You can keep Chamonix... :lol:

EDIT: How about a Merc C63 AMG or Lexus LFA for Cape Ring?

'Some time later' EDIT: Since this thread has been quiet for a week or two, just a list of cars that I'd love to run in future WRS events because I either like the look of them, like how they drive, or want to learn how to drive them...

BMW 135tii Concept
McLaren F1
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes C63AMG
Lexus LFA
Lotus Elan S1
Caterham Fireblade
Any of the RM cars
Any of the new TC cars (yes, even the Prius Hybrid TC :lol:)
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Ferrari F40
Shelby Cobra 427 :eek:
Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4
RUF CTR Yellowbird :eek: again
Tesla Roadster

Would love to do something in the Ford Mark IV as well - but $$$$$$$$

Last edited:
There hasn't been a multilap combo since WRS week 21. I just wanted to ask if one pops up soon or make a suggestion of it. Love them multilap WRS combo's.:D

There hasn't been a multilap combo since WRS week 21. I just wanted to ask if one pops up soon or make a suggestion of it. Love them multilap WRS combo's.:D

I've shied away from them due to what I perceive to be a lock of popularity, but request noted.

I think full Cape Ring is coming up soon, maybe a 4 lapper on that one? :sly:

EDK
I've shied away from them due to what I perceive to be a lock of popularity, but request noted.

I think full Cape Ring is coming up soon, maybe a 4 lapper on that one? :sly:
Thanks Kevin, but you don't have to overdo it.:crazy:
I'll just force them to participate.:sly:

I was wondering about multi-lappers too, lots of the new folks haven't had the ... um, pleasure. :lol:

Actually thought Roman Holiday would be a good multi-lapper, given my inconsistencies there, from lap to lap.

I agree with all the cars Jon listed. 👍

Love them multilap WRS combo's.:D

Really? Hadn't noticed :sly:

Thanks Lucas 👍

EDIT: As a twist to a multilap combo, how about two cars one track and it's the best total time that wins? You could even pick a track that allows the second lap to be run in reverse. Something along the lines of...

'The WRS Ryder Cup'

London Forward - Caterham Fireblade
London Reverse - Corvette ZR1 C6

I'm not a massive fan of London as a track, but you get the general idea.

Last edited:

Oh I see you were not kidding Wes :sly:

Sounds fun to me, I missed the last one. I would prefer it to be in a stock car though as some tunes posted don't seem to agree with my driving style, but would like to have a go at one of these.👍

So far we've done three laps in a Mini (around Autumn Ring Mini) and two laps in a Golf Gti (around Madrid). Both were arcade so it took tuning out of the equation, and both were won by....erm....Wes :lol:

PS: moving away from multilap talk for a moment, we havn't been to the Nordschleife for a while (wk14) :mischievous:

Last edited:
So far we've done three laps in a Mini (around Autumn Ring Mini) and two laps in a Golf Gti (around Madrid). Both were arcade so it took tuning out of the equation, and both were won by....erm....Wes :lol:

PS: moving away from multilap talk for a moment, we havn't been to the Nordschleife for a while (wk14) :mischievous:

Don't say the ring :ouch:

I am so terrible there :grumpy:

Back