GTP_WRS Week 01 : Subaru Impreza WRX '05 @ Eiger Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 147 comments
I tested this combo with the ai on weakest and was able to get them before the end of lap 1.

So I hope the benefit of the fun will win of dealing with the AI.

Doing this makes it very easy to pass the whole field before the end of lap 1.

It's better with a weaker AI, I feel. On 100 I'm catching the cars in front by lap 3 and its causing problems. Just tried it on AI 1 and like you said, you can pass them all by halfway round lap 1. 👍

So I managed a clean run with AI level 1 and a lap 2 time of 1'07.726, which is marginally better... overall time much better without AI entanglements. :)

I'm using a Driving Force EX wheel/pedals... cheap and dependable :)

Last edited:
I believe the rules said;AL setting between 90 and 100.

Tip: Setting the AI level between 90 and 100 will minimize AI contact

I interpreted that as being advisory as opposed to an actual ruling. The important factors are the car, tuning, lap times and avoiding AI contact.... Sphinx, final word on the matter? :)

Are there any rules about what tires the AI uses? For example, can I choose N1 in the race settings (so the AI runs on N1) and then change my tires to R1 in Quick Tune?

Doing this makes it very easy to pass the whole field before the end of lap 1.

The emphasis in this combo is the ability to tune the car, so yes, you can do this if you want to. 👍

Great, thanks for a quick ruling Jerry 👍

I've got a clean run with the AI at 1 on N2 tires.

Lap 2: 1'06.471

Even with AI set to 100 I was catching the first car on the exit of the 1st hairpin at the bottom of the hill... absolutely no way you could run a race without any AI involvement unless you were running laps in the 1'09-1'10 range and had something super slow behind you.

My next plan was AI set very low... try to get past them quickly as possible then blast the last 2 laps AI free... looks like some people have already worked that one out ;)

Also, changed my set up to a 5 speed... reduces the feeling of constantly changing gear :)

I've got a clean run with the AI at 1 on N2 tires.

thanks for the info, I gave up on it last night but will try again with these options tonight. Hopefully I can get it clean and fast. 👍

Jαke;3207436
thanks for the info, I gave up on it last night but will try again with these options tonight. Hopefully I can get it clean and fast. 👍

With the AI very low, it's easy to keep it clean 👍 You have enough grip to go around them on the outside, and enough power that they won't try and stuff it up the inside on the next corner. Just be patient if you catch them in one of the hairpins.

Great to see you around again Luke 👍 Good ?'s asked too.

Jerome

I tried forever to get a line up like the one I used in my only clean save but couldn't get it again. It had the GT LM in front of me and a Vette in front of him, I didn't see anyone until the end of Lap 3 and was able to put in decent laps all the way through the race. I'm going to try Luke's idea next time though and hopefully I get into the 1'07's or better for that second lap. Any kind souls gonna lend us tuning n00bs some ideas for making the Rex quicker (understandable if you're not, it is a race after all :sly:)

Board updated, but I need that division info my friends please? No one likes seeing all those black lines all over the board ...

EDIT talked to a fellow Dutchman whom regularly tunes cars for this forum about making GTP WRS combo tunes. He supplied me almost instantly with a very good setup for the Subaru after which I asked him to consider making regular tunings for us. I hope he will 👍

Also I took the idea of lowering the AI and tyres into practice. While trying out I managed one clean 1'10.xxx lap 2 but never any full clean passes :grumpy: this might prove to be too difficult for a simple Div5 dog like myself :)

EDIT board updated up to post 44

Last edited:
Tweaking the AI strength helped me enormously... at the lowest setting I was having major problems with backmarkers through the final sector of the 3rd lap, but played about with it until I got a strength and line up that worked.

Lap 2 : 1'05.658

I'm happy to share my settings... other than the gears, these are unchanged from what I set them to before I'd even run a lap... so probably lots of room to improve them...

ride -35 -25
springs 6,4
shocks 4,3
toe -0.06, +0.10
camber 2.3, 1.6
brake 4,6
torque 45,55
steering 50
1st 3.603
2nd 2.390
3rd 1.739
4th 1.353
5th 1.093
final 3.943

GTP_Stotty D1 silver, G25

Last edited:
1'06.840

I followed suit and set AI to lowest setting with N1 tires. the WRX against Diahatsu is no comp. I was able to get out front at the concrete bridge.

I tried the AI at both 100 and 1 and maybe its just psychological, but I feel that I do a lot better when I can pass everyone. I know I can get about 1 second per lap better if I can nail the line every time and maybe another .5 with better gearing. Might need to try some tuning to help me keep it under control during heavy braking going up the hill after the bridge.

Lap 2: 1'09.867

It looks like some newcomers will not be division-ised very soon after their qualifying laps have been found online, so I'll remove their laptimes from Luxy for now and hope that this nasty business will be cleared up soon :scared:

Board updated

Any kind souls gonna lend us tuning n00bs some ideas for making the Rex quicker (understandable if you're not, it is a race after all :sly:)
Your wish is my command. ;) Check the link below. Add pepper and salt to your own flavor.

EDIT talked to a fellow Dutchman whom regularly tunes cars for this forum about making GTP WRS combo tunes. He supplied me almost instantly with a very good setup for the Subaru after which I asked him to consider making regular tunings for us. I hope he will 👍
Not sure if I have the time to create something every week, but I could do a few on demand if needed. 👍

Anyway, here's my tune for this event. Have fun!

Thanks for the tunes Stotty and NLxAROSA, I found Stotty's suited my driving best. In my first race using your setting Stotty I put down a 1`05.7xx on lap 2. It's a clean race but I've got more to give, thanks heaps for the tunes guys...I have no clue how to tune a car :dunce:

Thanks for the tunes Stotty and NLxAROSA, I found Stotty's suited my driving best. In my first race using your setting Stotty I put down a 1`05.7xx on lap 2. It's a clean race but I've got more to give, thanks heaps for the tunes guys...I have no clue how to tune a car :dunce:

Nice time... have any backmarker issues on lap 3?

BTW, if you beat me using my tune I might not be so open next time :P :D

:sly: ... new best lap 2 is 1`05.424 With my current line up of cars I have to overtake two of the back markers but they arrive at "fairly" opportune times.

I did a few runs with Stotty's setup and gained seconds on the very first try. I don't have a clean run yet, but I've seen a 1'08.0xx. To be continued... :)

Did a rather long session ,1'07.182

Ai on 1 and on N2 tires,

They never knew what was flying by :D

With some AI changes, tuning and seat time I found this combo a lot easier than at first.

New lap 2 time.

1'07.611

You'll be glad to know Stotty that I stuffed up, I was using R3 tyres for my previous splits :dunce: here are my new legitimate splits:
  • Lap #2: 1`06.038
Still got some to give on this combo for sure 👍

You'll be glad to know Stotty that I stuffed up, I was using R3 tyres for my previous splits :dunce: here are my new legitimate splits:
  • Lap #2: 1`06.038
Still got some to give on this combo for sure 👍

R3's... LMFAO!

Still, 1'06 dead is a really good time :)

Yeah but the other laps were rubbish, to top it off, now I can't get a good line up of vehicles...this first week is a killer!

What's the opposite of sandbagging? :lol:

Bulls***ing??? :D

I just fluked a really good AI line up...

5th place overtaken round the outside just before entry to 1st turn (right hander) - requiring only a slight throttle feather
4th and 3rd overtaken through the tunnel - requiring only a very slightly narrower entry in to the subsequent long left
2nd and 1st overtaken on the straight down to the 1st hairpin - requiring no line compromise at all

Then I just had 3 or 4 backmarkers to deal with - and they all fell on the final straight on the final lap... on some runs I got blocked by them overtaking each other, but eventually they just stayed out of my way.

Back