GTP_WRS Week 01 : Subaru Impreza WRX '05 @ Eiger Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 147 comments
Right had my first attempt at this event.
L2 1.07.755 👍
Hopefully I can improve before the deadline.

Working on this some today, so far I can run clean but stuck with the same times. Is there a way to fast-forward through the replay?

EDIT: 1'06.120 -- Lost a ton to a backmarker.

Last edited:
Jαke;3209367
Working on this some today, so far I can run clean but stuck with the same times. Is there a way to fast-forward through the replay?

None that I'm aware of.

Hopefully you've figured out the select button to change the view of the replay, and I know you can hold down L1 to reverse temporarily, another button to reverse permanently. And if you have any close calls with AI, it might be good to view the replay from the AI's perspective.

I learned more than I would have liked about viewing these when checking replays for GTP Event 01.

I have noticed that you don't actually have to visually touch a car to hit it. I felt a touch then watched the replay and saw about 6" of air space there. The AI has a 'cushion' around them it seems. Just like that wall at SSR5.

Jαke;3209417
I have noticed that you don't actually have to visually touch a car to hit it. I felt a touch then watched the replay and saw about 6" of air space there. The AI has a 'cushion' around them it seems. Just like that wall at SSR5.

Right, so we were subjected to looking for rapid speed changes on both cars, and some replays were recorded in slow motion so we could see more detail.

Long story short, keep it obviously clean so we don't have to put everyone through the same thing again.

I know you know that. The comment is for the benefit of all participating, especially those with limited or no experience in OLR.

Right. I look forward to good ol' fashioned hotlapping. Just you and the track. :)

Jαke;3209417
Sounds like the old fashioned box, like a sprite. I bet that the box's edges just include the car's mirrors, so the more the mirrors stand out, the wider the box. If I'm right, than when damage is introduced, than we still won't be able to nock off each-others side mirrors, unless maybe when the cars hit from an angle. :ouch:

G'day folks... Could you please reinstate my time to the leaderboard? It would appear that I've not been ousted after all and am still awaiting division placement. Many thanks to Sphinx for putting up with, and sorting out, the confusion. :)

Sounds like the old fashioned box, like a sprite. I bet that the box's edges just include the car's mirrors, so the more the mirrors stand out, the wider the box. If I'm right, than when damage is introduced, than we still won't be able to nock off each-others side mirrors, unless maybe when the cars hit from an angle. :ouch:

Just leave them lots of room, and there won't be a problem. The suggestions of putting them on harder tires are very good.

Indeed, the harder tires for them work well for me too (until the final part of lap 3 though, when they get in the way). I'm yet to get a clean run, but so far got a best lap 2 of 1'06.7xx. Maybe better tomorrow.... :)

G'day folks... Could you please reinstate my time to the leaderboard? It would appear that I've not been ousted after all and am still awaiting division placement. Many thanks to Sphinx for putting up with, and sorting out, the confusion. :)
Sorted and leaderboard updated. Glad you could sort things out with Sphinx 👍

EDIT I ran a first and rather conservative clean run just to get a clean sum-of-laps for the first time and to prove that a div5 player could reach the board, even if it's gonna be DLBF :lol:

Second lap: 1'10.183

Edit board updated up to post 74.

Last edited:
First clean run, 1:05:678

made a few mistakes so I doubt its going to be my submitted 3 laps.

[edit] 1.05.404

a better overall run too.

Last edited:
New run:

Lap #2: 1`06.399

I'm quite happy with this race. Every lap was pretty decent, no super-close moments with AI or barrier. There's still maybe 0.5 out there for me but this will do for now 👍

EDK
Long story short, keep it obviously clean so we don't have to put everyone through the same thing again.

So we have to be uber-clean now? :lol: Thx PD, but hey WRS'ers can handle it :)

Jerome

Phew! ... Trimming time off on this circuit has never been easy for me. Long and painstaking. Managed to diet down to a happier 1'06.730 but that felt like a perfect lap with the tune I'm using, so finding another second seems unlikely.

Tried out the Dutch Custom tune and to be honest, I can't keep it in a straight line under braking so I switched back to my own, which is probably rubbish so I'm dubious about sharing it. :)

Last edited:
At last a clean run with horrible opponents (they do get in the way from time to time).

Lap 2: 1'08.962

What I really hate about these kind of events is the randomness. I may set AI to 1 and tires to N1, but it is still undetermined what kind of cars I'll get as opponents. Yesterday I had opponents who allowed me an almost perfect line, today... a whole different story. I know, I'm behaving like a big baby, but that is what I liked about the GT4 WRS: Driving skill, not tuning skill, nor opponent behaviour.

At last a clean run with horrible opponents (they do get in the way from time to time).

Lap 2: 1'08.962

What I really hate about these kind of events is the randomness. I may set AI to 1 and tires to N1, but it is still undetermined what kind of cars I'll get as opponents. Yesterday I had opponents who allowed me an almost perfect line, today... a whole different story. I know, I'm behaving like a big baby, but that is what I liked about the GT4 WRS: Driving skill, not tuning skill, nor opponent behaviour.

I too don't like the randomness of the AI, but to be fair there have been plenty of races in the GT4 WRS and lots of weeks that were in Simulation mode that required tuning to get the most out of the car.

The key to the AI is to wait for a line up that has almost all OFC, Copen and Cappucinos in front of you. It may take a while but it's worth it in the end. You'll know you have a good line up if you've passed all bar one (or all if you're lucky) by the bottom bridge. As for tuning, I too cannot tune, thankfully generous folk like Stotty provide assistance if you ask nicely :) I suggest going back through the thread and looking at some of the tunes posted 👍

Also I want to thank Denur/Marc for the work he did in the final months of GT4 WRS on the leaderboard :bowdown:
My pleasure and when things start to get hectic in the GTP WRS, I'm more than happy to give a helping hand again. :cheers:

The key to the AI is to wait for a line up that has almost all OFC, Copen and Cappucinos in front of you. It may take a while but it's worth it in the end.
I guess I don't have the patience, but you're right, it is worthwhile to look for the best lineup.

As for tuning, I too cannot tune, thankfully generous folk like Stotty provide assistance if you ask nicely :) I suggest going back through the thread and looking at some of the tunes posted 👍
I'm still using Stotty's setup, with one exception and that is having TC at 1. The runs I did yesterday where after a visit to the pub, which might have slightly hampered my driving.:dunce:

Last edited:
I'm still using Stotty's setup, with one exception and that is having TC at 1. The runs I did yesterday where after a visit to the pub, which might have slightly hampered my driving.:dunce:

If you are having trouble with the rear tires slipping try changing the F/R Torque Dist. to 50/50, it certainly keeps the rear end behind you.
I tried the 45/55 for a while and I was surprised at how the rear tires lost traction around the corners, after all its 4WD. It was actually a blast to drive, but it was costing me time and sometimes the rear tires would slide a bit too much and screw up the corner exit (of course driver error). I switched it to 50/50 and no more problem.

Hope this helps you.

And I too want to thank you for the leaderboard updates.

Hi GT ppl :),

My first 2 lap time is a bad 1'11.158 :crazy:,

I il try a better time but to reach 1'05... ist crazy.

👍

If you are having trouble with the rear tires slipping try changing the F/R Torque Dist. to 50/50, it certainly keeps the rear end behind you.
I tried the 45/55 for a while and I was surprised at how the rear tires lost traction around the corners, after all its 4WD. It was actually a blast to drive, but it was costing me time and sometimes the rear tires would slide a bit too much and screw up the corner exit (of course driver error). I switched it to 50/50 and no more problems

If the back end sliding with the 45\55 in my set up you're either being too violent with the throttle (the soft rear springs\dampers give loads of rear traction, but the first throttle move still needs to be smooth even with 4WD), or you have too much steering lock on when you're getting on the gas (probably because you're understeering mid corner).

If the back end sliding with the 45\55 in my set up you're either being too violent with the throttle (the soft rear springs\dampers give loads of rear traction, but the first throttle move still needs to be smooth even with 4WD), or you have too much steering lock on when you're getting on the gas (probably because you're understeering mid corner).

or D

All the above. :sly:

I'll take the advise into my next session, I'm sure it will help.
Thanks

First chance I've had to run this one!

Lap #2: 1'08.559

1'07.685

1'07.341

I'm done for today.

Last edited:
The key to the AI is to wait for a line up that has almost all OFC, Copen and Cappucinos in front of you. It may take a while but it's worth it in the end. You'll know you have a good line up if you've passed all bar one (or all if you're lucky) by the bottom bridge.

Good advice 👍

First couple of runs

Lap 2 :1'05.939

Lap 2 : 1'05.845

More time there though

Last edited:
Back