GTP_WRS Week 01 : Subaru Impreza WRX '05 @ Eiger Reverse

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 147 comments
i'm gonna give this a whirl today, even though i'm not properly registered. sometimes being on unemployment insurance has its perks!

i'll probably join you cats once i feel a little more comfortable with me g25.

Lap 2 1:04.891 Not submitting there's more time to be found.

Edit] scratch that, I founf slight contact on lap one on replay inspection. :grumpy:

How do I put a line through it out of curiosity?

Last edited:
Use the strike wrap button, Stevisiov.

Its the S with a strike through it next to the W just above the reply box.

Just highlight what you want to strike and hit the button.

And quite the fast time there too.

Not had any time to run more races, laying carpet on the stairs tonight so submitting my time from previous post, I'll see you all at Suzuka next week.

Good luck all. :D

Darren.

I had no time this weekend to try for a decent lap, but found an hour today.

Lap 2: 1'07.277

There's loads of room for improvement, but this will have to do. Submitting...

Use the strike wrap button, Stevisiov.

Its the S with a strike through it next to the W just above the reply box.

Just highlight what you want to strike and hit the button.

And quite the fast time there too.

Cheers 👍

Is ASM optional? Just it was on the qualifier...

It also says I have to use my GTP_tag, I presume that means I submit my time using that name? I don't have to be signed in to PSN to do it, do I?

Also, I can't choose the car like I did on GT4 in arcade mode, I have to buy the car in the normal mode and have it selected don't I?

[/noob]

Last edited:

Yes

It also says I have to use my GTP_tag, I presume that means I submit my time using that name? I don't have to be signed in to PSN to do it, do I?
Yes,you have to do the run under your GTP_ name.
Why? This is an official GTP_ serie and when viewing a replay your GTP_ tag will be shown.
Also your result have to be submitted together with your GTP_name.
So the results page will only show GTP names.
Also, I can't choose the car like I did on GT4 in arcade mode, I have to buy the car in the normal mode and have it selected don't I?

[/noob]

yes,buy the car and select 'use it now"

[/noob]

Yes, fortune has it that the this weeks car is quite a cheap one.

[edit]
Tree'd

I feel like a real noob...

How do I get GTP_Sureshot to show up on my replay?

It should show up on the save data, not in the actual replay itself. I believe it's been noted that if you run while offline, the user ID will not show up. Hope that helps.

Okay, one last thing, I see that the Quick Tune is only available after you complete Class' A, B and C. Not much point me trying to do this until I have QT available, is there?

Time submited 👍

Not satisfied of it as I just played 1 hour tonight and still don't like Eiger "Reverse"

Lap 2 1.06.542 I had couples of 1.06.1 but never with the other laps ok...

Good luvk to all :sly:

Submitted

Lap 2 1:04.952

not quite as good as my one before but I am happy with it :)

I feel like a real noob...

How do I get GTP_Sureshot to show up on my replay?

If EDK's info did not help this may possibly your problem.
If you have the HUD on, your username will not show on your replay.
If this is what your doing then push the square pad and that will turn off the HUD.

To answer your last question.....probably not then.

If EDK's info did not help this may possibly your problem.
If you have the HUD on, your username will not show on your replay.
If this is what your doing then push the square pad and that will turn off the HUD.

Either way, your user name will appear in the game save data on the PS3 when another user downloads your replay, as long as you are signed in.

Okay, one last thing, I see that the Quick Tune is only available after you complete Class' A, B and C. Not much point me trying to do this until I have QT available, is there?

If you don't mind going this route, there are lots of full game saves available, although you might be better off going through the events before participating here anyhow.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104303

But you would not be able to set the required PP for this event without using quick tune, not to mention that you would not be able to take advantage of the tire trick being employed by many.

EDK
But you would not be able to set the required PP for this event without using quick tune, not to mention that you would not be able to take advantage of the tire trick being employed by many.

What's the tyre trick?

I'll just work through it myself. Thanks for all the info guys, really appreciated. I'm now a WRS ex-noob!

I'll just work through it myself. Thanks for all the info guys, really appreciated. I'm now a WRS ex-noob!

Well good luck, you have err...78 minutes to submit a time Nigel :scared:

Putting the AI on different tires.

Yep - If you do not have quick tune, you can't set one tire type that the AI will be stuck with and change your own back to R1's.

EDK
Yep - If you do not have quick tune, you can't set one tire type that the AI will be stuck with and change your own back to R1's.

Ah, cheers well its always good to know, I have submitted now but I might try that next AI race 👍

Ignore all posted time from me, it appears I ran the track forwards :dunce:

oops sorry for the double post

LMAO.. priceless :D

indeed, its going to take a while before I live that one down...

I tried to run it backwards quickly in the last half hour before the deadline the correct way but I didn't get a completely clean run. So next time it is. :indiff:

indeed, its going to take a while before I live that one down...

I tried to run it backwards quickly in the last half hour before the deadline the correct way but I didn't get a completely clean run. So next time it is. :indiff:

I was wondering how you managed such blistering times! :crazy:

I don't feel quite so slow now!

I guess before I become a WRS winner I have to learn to read first :P

Back