GTP_WRS Week 145 : Old School Suzuka *GT5 Finale* - Submission Instructions Updated!

• Thread starter EDK
  • 203 comments
1'00.939
Here tis again.
Looks like it worked this time. Maybe Fetchy was on a break when you put in your first time. Or maybe the format was off in some other way.

Any which way, looks like you are sorted. 👍

This is turning out to be an awesome send-off! :cheers:

Ran these splits last Tuesday, and have been out of town since then, and just now getting time to catch up and post.
I see I have quite a ways to go. :eek: I'd say "Nice splits" and "Thanks for the tunes/tips!" to some folks, but I'd be here all night. :sly:

Used Andrew's tune/chassis reinforcement:tup::

Two more tries at it, next Tues & Wed. :scared:

Now let's see if you can knock me off the top spot. :sly:

You will do it. You're insanely fast.
No way, I haven't touched GT5 for 5 months, if I achieve a top five, even a top ten, it will be epic, I don't have almost spare time for a competitive time anyway, I'm just here for the party. :cheers:

BTW, thanks for the flowers. 👍

5 months? I had no idea you were gone for that long. Welcome back Ramon. :)

Thank you, yep, the last time I fired up GT was for the last GT Academy.
I see you've improved your speed, I wonder why you didn't use your wheel earlier, congrats anyway. 👍

Using Kevins' tune this time. Thanks everyone, for posting your tunes and tips.:bowdown:

I have faster splits in all three sectors, just cant put them all together. Having a great time trying though.:)

Wow, Joe 👍 That should make you go up 6 or 7 ranks in the LB!

EDIT:

I don't get it... someone will have to explain to me how/where I am supposed to feel the difference between with and without the chassis reinforcement... I tried with for a while, and beat my ghost only once I came back to without... (with Kevin's new tune -- even got a 59.1xx T1 with Kevin's old tune a bit earlier!). But still not sure I could feel a difference... probably because my driving style is too erratic!

EDIT2:

Back to Kevin's old tune... still w/o the reinforcement. Improved by 0.5s at the line compared to the other day.

Last edited:
👍

I also meant to say... I agree with the exit of Spoon :banghead:

I'm suffering by the so called sector syndrome again. I have this almost every TT. For example day 1 i do good T1's and T2's suck and day 2 it's the other way around. Lat night T2 was like A-B-C, doing .1's and .2's almost every lap. Today my T2's suck. Not That i'm doing good T1's today :lol: Saw 1 .2xx in T1 and a couple of .3's but like i said my T2 suck today. This one is really starting to frustrate me :banghead:

Dunlop is the one that killing me in T1 and if i have a good Dunlop, i mess up Degner :banghead: And when i don't need a good Degner i hit it almost perfect :boggled: Oh and did i said i suck at T2 today :lol:

Good turnout for our last event. 👍 I have no idea whether I'm going to manage another session with this.... GTA V still sapping my time away and a slight desire to a have a short break from GT before GT6 takes up all my time instead. :P My car isn't even fully run in yet... That said, I'll submit the time I have anyway to make up the numbers; its our last event so there's nothing to lose now, except to suffer the ignominy of an uncompetitive time of course. :ouch:

Nice going as well guys. 👍 Hey Ron, Ramon, mates. :cheers:

Did some practice a few days ago, albeit with a car that wasn't broken in and I didn't manage any splits really worth posting. Now the car's up to speed, and I've managed my first properly good lap:

Using Andrew's tune with James' tweaks, though the differential was causing the car to snap oversteer going through Dunlop so I've made it a bit less aggressive (5/23/5).

It looks like I'm having the same problem Gayle had... it seems that Fetchy is not picking up splits from an edited post.

I hit a brick wall when trying to load up my GTP account... wont let me sign in? says i need permission from the master account and when i go on the master account it doesn't show my GTP account as one of the sub accounts?? puzzling to say the least :banghead:

Anyway i loaded up my Mysteron account to find out I don't have the muira on that account pfffttt!!! As its the last race in GT5 I just sold about 40 cars to put enough money in the pot to buy one and i have now bought it and almost ready to go :)
I just need permission from the race admins to allow me to run it using my mysteron account as i'm pretty much stumped what to do other than do it that way?

Thanks in advance ;)
Cheers Ron.

I just need permission from the race admins to allow me to run it using my mysteron account as i'm pretty much stumped what to do other than do it that way?

Thanks in advance ;)
Cheeks Ron.
Hey Ron :)

Change the name of your user account in XMB to your GTP tag and don't sign in to PSN 👍

Thanks for the set-up Twissy,will give it a go tomorrow 👍
Blew a nice lap which was 0.3 faster at T2..:banghead:
This combo can be very frustrating.but it's the addiction what keeps me runnin I guess :lol:

I've switched to James' setup (👍) and it seems to be more stable than Andrew's, especially in Degner. Also, my differential is now set to 5/21/5.

No faster laps yet, but a lot of potential. I had one lap where my second split time was 1:45.437, but I messed up 130R. :ouch:

This is it for me.

I think you have one split too many, Gayle!

The reason I didn't repost my splits is I was working on new ones... but haven't been able to improve just yet.

Last edited:
Quoting myself because I haven't got an answer yet, maybe because I added this when editing a previous post, so not too many people noticed it.

I don't get it... someone will have to explain to me how/where I am supposed to feel the difference between with and without the chassis reinforcement... I tried with for a while, and beat my ghost only once I came back to without... (with Kevin's new tune -- even got a 59.1xx T1 with Kevin's old tune a bit earlier!). But still not sure I could feel a difference... probably because my driving style is too erratic!

In the meantime, another 0.222s at the line:

That took a lot of work... Need to be more disciplined in the esses.

Back