GTP_WRS Week 40 : Weds Forest V.2.150

A little help from the D1 and D2 speedsters..... I am 119 / 120 mph at S/F line. Can take turn 1 at full throttle...why can't I make significant improvements (any improvements for that matter)? Is a deceleration (minor lift) a must to stay smooth in turn 1. When is the shift point to 5th when entering turn before first tunnel? Do you take the last turn with a standard tight hairpin move (out/in/out)? @Mini Stiggy I have read and reread your great lap review...still having trouble.

.....While we are at it...What is the meaning of life....:confused:

A little help from the D1 and D2 speedsters..... I am 119 / 120 mph at S/F line. Can take turn 1 at full throttle...why can't I make significant improvements (any improvements for that matter)? Is a deceleration (minor lift) a must to stay smooth in turn 1. When is the shift point to 5th when entering turn before first tunnel? Do you take the last turn with a standard tight hairpin move (out/in/out)? @Mini Stiggy I have read and reread your great lap review...still having trouble.

.....While we are at it...What is the meaning of life....:confused:
It's not as simple as just taking turn 1. It's hard for me to explain in words, but you have to use as little steering input as you can, and straighten the wheel out as soon as possible. It's very hard to do, and I have only done it a handful of times. I'll try to post a video of my sector 1 if I can figure out how to.

"When is the shift point to 5th when entering turn before first tunnel?"
Do you mean the corner before the end of sector 1? Or do you mean the last corner of Sector 2?

For the last turn, I brake just after the shadow from the billboard hit a late apex. I'll check my replay and give a better explanation in a little bit. @Gravitron or someone, is it legal to post a picture of my car going through the last corner(no lap time info), or not?

A lift isn't required for turn 1,but it doesn't necessarily cost time either. It is very easy to scrub too much speed with steering input, I actually changed the rear toe to -.15, it seemed to help through both corners in t1. As far as 5th gear in turn 2,I shift just after turn in around 120 mph. The most important thing is to get right against the inside edge without too much steering input. You shouldn't drop below 113 mph.

For the last turn, I brake just after the shadow from the billboard hit a late apex. I'll check my replay and give a better explanation in a little bit. @Gravitron or someone, is it legal to post a picture of my car going through the last corner(no lap time info), or not?
Best be safe and not post pics. Your words should be plenty. ;)

Thanks @Mini Stiggy I think your response is enough, and it has made me think....In retrospect, I think I am expecting too much improvement. The inputs are minute and I am looking for a macro answer....thats not very reasonable. I need to do a few hundred more miles and then contemplate out loud.....

This combo is far too addictive :crazy:

Slightly slower T1 but found a bunch of time in T2, its all about getting that left hander nailed between the 2 small tunnels!

EDIT: That's me done for this TT I think...zzzz.

@Crozzlow

Not to take anything away from Joe's vid (it's a little wobbly) but here is my T1. It's not as fast as some but at 21.466 (not posted yet) it is still half way respectable. I also think it illustrates the different approaches that can be taken. I lift in turn 1, probably a little too much, and I shift into 5th much latter going into the tunnel. I learned a bunch watching @Animera's video. His approach and throttle control is superb!

Video:

Be sure to change the resolution to 480 to get a better image.

Last edited:
@Crozzlow

Not to take anything away from Joe's vid (it's a little wobbly) but here is my T1. It's not as fast as some but at 21.466 (not posted yet) it is still half way respectable. I also think it illustrates the different approaches that can be taken. I lift in turn 1, probably a little too much, and I shift into 5th much latter going into the tunnel. I learned a bunch watching Anemera's video. His approach and throttle control is superb!

Video:

Be sure to change the resolution to 480 to get a better image.

Yeah, not sure why mines like that. When I watched it over before I uploaded it, it was fine. But on YT it looks like crap.

I had another 1 hour session tonight and was not able to improve. Kind of sucks when I can better my T1 by 3/10ths and can't hold the rest of the lap together. I will try again tomorrow

Al

I had another 1 hour session tonight and was not able to improve. Kind of sucks when I can better my T1 by 3/10ths and can't hold the rest of the lap together. I will try again tomorrow

Al

I feel for ya Al. I was doing great T1's but couldn't get to T2 at my best time to save my life! Then I finally figured out that large right hand sweeper and was getting to T2 in great shape only to loose everything I gained in the left hander comming out of the tunnel. Then I figured that out and, yep....you guessed it, could not get through the final hairpin with out screwing it up!

I was finally able to put this lap together and have posted. I really think this is pretty close to the best I can do even though the last sector is .04 slower than my best through it. For me, it doesn't get much better than leaving only 4 hundreths out there.

Posted with these:

Have seen some 21.5's in sector 1 but just can't do it every lap. Finding time in each sector though.

Back