Hybrid Trading Thread: READ 1st POST!

According to the video, that X1 is doing 1200 km/h. It takes 15 seconds to go from the 2000 meter mark to the 7000 meter mark, that's 5000 meters in 15 seconds = 333,3 meters per second*3,6 =1200 km/h.

So the 999 km/h is probably only there because the speedometer can't go any higher, although the actual speed can.

Last edited:
I would so love to be able to do this.
I promise you that you wouldn't.

Knowing how this has been done (I'm not capable of doing it myself, but I certainly know the requirements - though I won't share them for the same reasons) and knowing what Sony are liable to do to those who do this and anyone who has anything to do with it, I wouldn't personally go near this with a pole of any dimension.

I would recommend that anyone who has insufficient funds or insufficient talent in trade to settle a lawsuit doesn't go anywhere near it either.

I don't see the problem with it, as long as they stay out of Public races (which I know they won't) just because it is fun.. I would love having a car like that :P

... so we might end up with PSN going offline for months due to some mysterious Anonymous attack on Sony servers thanks to them sueing the founder of these GT5 hacks? Sure...

It's just some long term players having fun and giving the old game new fun, I don't get the critism, except if it's abused to cheat, if that's possible, but then so be it, it's just a damn game after all.
I rather understand Sony going against custom firmware users because of the illegal game piracy, but that ^ seems a bit stretched to me.

... so we might end up with PSN going offline for months due to some mysterious Anonymous attack on Sony servers thanks to them sueing the founder of these GT5 hacks? Sure...
I think you misunderstood the relevance of the link to George Hotz.

Sony undertook a lengthy and expensive prosecution for his actions. If they find people exploiting the same things, you can expect them to do the same. They settled with George Hotz because he had something to offer them. If you have the same thing to offer - or you can afford the lengthy and expensive defence - knock yourself out. If you don't, I would actively avoid it. This is just advice, but if you don't want to end up in the same position as Hotz without anything to offer to stop them you should heed it.

It's nothing to do with PSN going offline or Anonymous hacking it - except that they chose to do so in response to Sony prosecuting Hotz.
I rather understand Sony going against custom firmware users because of the illegal game piracy, but that ^ seems a bit stretched to me.
It's very little to do with CFW either.

So instead of CFW the problem can also be with licensing?

Say if someone edits the game code with whatever custom firmware and allow the Ferrari F1 cars to race with other manufacturers and post a video of it on the internet then PD or Sony could get in trouble?

eran0004
According to the video, that X1 is doing 1200 km/h. It takes 15 seconds to go from the 2000 meter mark to the 7000 meter mark, that's 5000 meters in 15 seconds = 333,3 meters per second*3,6 =1200 km/h.

So the 999 km/h is probably only there because the speedometer can't go any higher, although the actual speed can.

We used to hit 999km all the time drafting the x11s, switch to mph and you will see your speed.

Famine

Knowing how this has been done (I'm not capable of doing it myself, but I certainly know the requirements - though I won't share them for the same reasons) and knowing what Sony are liable to do to those who do this and anyone who has anything to do with it, I wouldn't personally go near this with a pole of any dimension.

I would recommend that anyone who has insufficient funds or insufficient talent in trade to settle a lawsuit doesn't go anywhere near it either.

Hahahaha Yep

I like fun as much as the next guy, but it's hacks like this that ruin any game. I went to play one of the COD's the other day, first time in a long time, saw 5000 people were online and thought that was pretty cool. Got into a match, was shooting at a guy and he wouldn't die. Same with another guy...and another... I guess someone found a hack and now people are playing that are invincible and the game is ruined.

Find a way to hack into GT5 open lobbies with your 3000 hp Citroen 2CV and the game is done, over, kaput. No more open lobbies or at least nothing for anyone interested in class racing. I hope Sony finds these guys and warns them off and it they don't get the hint, sue the crap out of them!!:)

I'm not sure where all the panic is coming from, considering that lobbies and the online TT's have PP, power and/or weight restrictions that eliminate the new hybrids, as well as tyre restrictions which I imagine would make 3000bhp to the front wheels a handful to say the least.

I'm not sure where all the panic is coming from, considering that lobbies and the online TT's have PP, power and/or weight restrictions that eliminate the new hybrids, as well as tyre restrictions which I imagine would make 3000bhp to the front wheels a handful to say the least.

If you can find a way to get 3000 HP on your Civic, maybe you can find a way to hack the PP limit or any other limitation of an Open Lobby...just sayin'....💡

Johnnypenso
If you can find a way to get 3000 HP on your Civic, maybe you can find a way to hack the PP limit or any other limitation of an Open Lobby...just sayin'....💡

Very true........just imagine if the same said car had a PP of 0 then it would be endless to the pp regulated rooms.

Then people would start using 3000hp awd daihatsus... Lol

What I'd like to see, is the bonnet view of an X2010 doing 999mph. Everything must just be a blur. :P

EDIT: Nevermind, I actually watched the video. :lol:; all I can say is...What the frack?!

Xamado7V
What I'd like to see, is the bonnet view of an X2010 doing 999mph. Everything must just be a blur. :P

EDIT: Nevermind, I actually watched the video. :lol:; all I can say is...What the frack?!

Lol, did you get to see something?????

Just had 1 in the room with us and i must admit, its one of the funniest things i ever seen

You know...in all realty, the tuning within GT5 is extremely conservative. There are shops of varying specialties all over the world creating 2,000hp GTR's, 1,500hp Gallardo's, 1,700hp Aventadors, 1,500hp R8's, 1,500hp Murcielago's, etc. Why not allow a bit more tuning...???

I'm willing to bet GT6 is well into it's development and I'm really hoping Polyphony Digital doesn't just re-release GT5 with better graphics, more cars, and tracks. Why not more lifelike physics altering in-game? How about an advanced tuning system for advanced tuners? I have tuned cars in real life on several types of dynometers and seen some royally powerful cars that you would never have thought were crazy by looking at them. Example: 4-Rotor Powered FD3S RX7...with 900hp naturally aspirated, or a twin-turbo 575M Marenello with 1,100hp.

If someone has one of these and can dupe it (I've seen dozens already) please send one to PSN: Amblo2u. :-) Cheers.

You know...in all realty, the tuning within GT5 is extremely conservative. There are shops of varying specialties all over the world creating 2,000hp GTR's, 1,500hp Gallardo's, 1,700hp Aventadors, 1,500hp R8's, 1,500hp Murcielago's, etc. Why not allow a bit more tuning...???

Don't forget the Hennessey Ford GT 1,000. Freaking love that car.

I'm willing to bet GT6 is well into it's development and I'm really hoping Polyphony Digital doesn't just re-release GT5 with better graphics, more cars, and tracks. Why not more lifelike physics altering in-game? How about an advanced tuning system for advanced tuners? I have tuned cars in real life on several types of dynometers and seen some royally powerful cars that you would never have thought were crazy by looking at them.

The problem in GT5's tuning is that anyone who has the credits and the car in garage (both shouldn't be too difficult in each case) can just go ahead and put maximum power the game allows into it, which is why you see way too many gold chrome fully tuned noob driven Veyrons online.

Solutions to improve the system in GT6 would be restricting tuning by several factors. One could be to calculate tuning costs using the base price of the car, others could be the need of unlocking upgrades by either tests like licenses or experience (could be overall unlocks, or depend on the car class, or even single cars in special cases), this could use the current XP level or something like mileage (on the car)/race wins (could be on the car or counted per brand or overall).

Going pretty offtopic here... :crazy: I agree on your point, would also like better tuning opportunities to build replicas of real tuning monsters (or just include the tuning versions in the game from start). That's why I think this whole thing is good and adds new possibilities to the game to build replicas and fun cars.

The problem in GT5's tuning is that anyone who has the credits and the car in garage (both shouldn't be too difficult in each case) can just go ahead and put maximum power the game allows into it, which is why you see way too many gold chrome fully tuned noob driven Veyrons online.

Solutions to improve the system in GT6 would be restricting tuning by several factors. One could be to calculate tuning costs using the base price of the car, others could be the need of unlocking upgrades by either tests like licenses or experience (could be overall unlocks, or depend on the car class, or even single cars in special cases), this could use the current XP level or something like mileage (on the car)/race wins (could be on the car or counted per brand or overall).

Going pretty offtopic here... :crazy: I agree on your point, would also like better tuning opportunities to build replicas of real tuning monsters (or just include the tuning versions in the game from start). That's why I think this whole thing is good and adds new possibilities to the game to build replicas and fun cars.
Well, people are going to act like noobs no matter what. That's just a no brainer.

Simply putting those exta miles/wins/XP levels into a car to unlock mods merely gives "noobs" the ability to have that much more of an advantage over you. The game becomes "who can put more time in" rather than promoting actual skill - even if you throw liscense tests in the way.

Many times the most noob players I've come across online have gold/silver all the way across their license tests.

The problem in GT5's tuning is that anyone who has the credits and the car in garage (both shouldn't be too difficult in each case) can just go ahead and put maximum power the game allows into it

That is a problem because? Whether you like it or not that's how the real world works and it's how it should work in GT, I certainly do not want to see parts unlocks like a NFS game. I mean would you like to make it harder for people to build cars like this in the real world:

volkswagen-bora-china-tuning-2-3-458x343.jpg

Because if they've got the money, they can do it. Same should go for GT.

Many times the most noob players I've come across online have gold/silver all the way across their license tests.

That's not what I consider a 'noob'. Of course a fast driver can either have a bad day going mad in a lobby annoying other people or just generally have an annoying driving personality.
What I consider a 'noob' specifically in GT5 is when a person acts/drives childish because they don't know any better or because they are pretty young. These are not the type of players who care (or manage to) get good times on license tests, they rather go into the first lobby that pops up doing what they like in their gold chrome Veyron (or whatever car they totally admire).
I met thousands of these in cruise rooms I've been and am hosting, telling them it's not a racing lobby usually either ends in them being confused and leaving, or them ignoring it and getting kicked a minute later.

That is a problem because? Whether you like it or not that's how the real world works and it's how it should work in GT, I certainly do not want to see parts unlocks like a NFS game. I mean would you like to make it harder for people to build cars like this in the real world:

[Ricer Image]

Yes, if I could I would make it hard or even impossible for people to build such terrible looking ricers, which doesn't matter though since I was talking purely about technical upgrading. I certainly see a problem with long term (or even short term) motivation in Gran Turismo 5. That might be mainly down to bad offline career modes and even worse average open online lobbies (and add to that you start out with the fastest car you can get in the whole game if you bought the DLC), but, assuming GT6 will have improved offline (AI, restrictions, race variety) and online modes (it's not only down to majority of random players that online racing is so flawed) this would be a way of encouraging to drive your cars more in both online and offline modes... so it would reward long term playing. It just feels so pointless to do anything in GT5 once you got the cars you wanted and reached level 40, there's nothing really to achieve left in the online & offline racing.

Buuuut that's just an idea I had when thinking about if we need more tuning abilities and how these could be implemented without necessarily copying engine swaps from Forza, didn't we talk about 3,000HP Civics?

Last edited:

Credits are too easily obtained is what I got out it. Not yours, Kiro's.

Well, if seeing this Civic is a rite of passage, then I believe I have just been initiated.
Joined a Route X room, innocently. Saw a couple of EK Civics, and became suspicious, thanks to this thread, so I decided to spectate.
One of the Civics was doing 125 in first, that got my attention. When it crested the hill, it stopped, and laid still for a couple of minutes.
Then the fun started. It revved, and went. It got up to great speeds. At 200, my adrenalin was pumping. At 240, I was convinced that this was THE Civic. At 300, it outran a pursuing Red Bull. At 350, it maxed out, and by then, I was busy typing this post.
I am still spectating the Civic now. Initiation complete, now I shall do some testing in a rather less powerful C2 Corvette...

5xid7b.jpg

top time is with skid recovery force, button is without skid recovery force, mind you i didn't use full horse power

I made a lobby last night looking for the hacked Civic. THEY ARE INSANE!!!

Well, if you can come on the PS3, I'm in a lobby right now and there's at least one person with The Civic.

Back