iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Roush_fan_99
I don't check the forum often because I'm addicted to the racing portion :) perhaps I should start checking it:sly:💡

Yes, you should check the forums. There is some valuable stuff in there like driving tips, setups, settings, etc. Lots of good info.

I don't blame you though for being hooked on the racing:tup:

plate88
Yes, you should check the forums. There is some valuable stuff in there like driving tips, setups, settings, etc. Lots of good info.

I don't blame you though for being hooked on the racing:tup:

If he doesn't he will never be a good racer. The info there is like x10000 here.

And yes I do realize I ask A LOT of questions on here to the point that it's annoying.

Anyway, I tried about an hours worth of legends again and I have to say I'm back to square 1 with ovals but not particularly legends since I regularly test on road courses when I get bored with Mazda Practices, TT, and races, I run legends about twice a week on whatever track the Mazda cup is at and occasionally the glen :). I'm bouncing off walls and I'm 1-2 tenths off pace where I was last month on my old account. But I will say that the Mustang and Mazda taught me well about car control, I carried a mistake from the apex in turns 3 & 4 to turn 1 just sliding before it just came around

Last edited:
To get really good initially it may take a couple hours of practice. Try to clock in hundreds of laps if you can. Just focus on sticking to the driving line #1. You should never ever ever be hitting the walls unless its a rare Contact 0x.

After a couple hundred of laps it should be cake pretty much. You don't have to be super duper fast to place in the Top 5 in Legends due to all the carnage. Just focus on surviving and driving clean

Did you pay or you on the free version?

I had that early in the weekend last weekend, you should be able to get pole if you qualify thursday and race on friday evening/night. That's what I noticed, a lot of people start to qualify on late saturday early sunday. That's what I noticed in the Mazda cup last weekend.

I wish I had done that. I waited til Saturday to race. By that time a lot of fast guys qualified so I never got pole position. I had to start 3rd or 4th. My final race of the weekend at Zandvoort I finally hit podium. But I'm now worn out mentally and physically. That was really tough...

Last edited:
I hate Legends for the fact there's generally no force feedback to judge the car's traction. Ends up as kind of a boring 15 minutes of guessing if the tires are going to hold and then avoiding a spin on exit, as well as everyone else's spinning and idiotic rookie driving.

I love legends. Not rookies. But I feel with you about the force feedback. What's funny is you can get the car on the edge of traction then wip the wheel around to full lock and it won't do anything and the wheel is spin almost freely.

I'm usually pretty good at predicting where the car will go so I can avoid the rookies my biggest problem is trying to find the right line, I have never gone below a 17.3 at south boston. if you turn up the FF to about 14-16 it's more realistic but the car doesn't chatter with understeer because it doesn't in real life either, I leave it at 12 because it actually gets tiring @ 16

edit: 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:🤬🤬🤬🤬 Started on the pole and my wheel decided to do it's own 🤬 thing and I go wide, get hit, spin, go to the pits, spin again, avoid a wreck and go straight into the wall and i find out none if my programmed buttons work so I can't fast tow............. I forfeited on lap 3 (legends south boston).

edit: on the bright side I only finished 9th out of 11

Last edited:
i play at 40 on everything. its really strong but its just how i drive. no one i know likes the strength i play at. but getting below a 17.3 is pretty difficult.

WOW!^

So I did another race and I must have been in a really low split because I threw together a really strange setup(options menu) and ran consistent 18.000 and finished 2nd Even the leader drove like a really fast 5 year old:crazy:

I just tried 40, and I understand why you use it because it's smoot. FFB reminds me of a cordless drill on the DFGT, @ 1 the drill ratchets almost immediately and at 15 it takes some serious torque to make it ratchet but it just applies a smooth strong force then ratchets.

What seems to help the most is bumping the car's lock to lock up to 507 degrees but it's still kinda temporary for lack of a better word

Last edited:
Driving Star Mazda @ Watkins for this week, was hitting 1.46 with the current top laps at 1.41 - 1.42, I was like no way...

10 laps in I look down at my throttle and realised it wasn't 100% despite I was pressing it max...Fiddled with my clubbies and BAM....1.45...

come on boys, share your laps! I want to do 4x time trails for this track so I can hit B class.

Driving Star Mazda @ Watkins for this week, was hitting 1.46 with the current top laps at 1.41 - 1.42, I was like no way...

10 laps in I look down at my throttle and realised it wasn't 100% despite I was pressing it max...Fiddled with my clubbies and BAM....1.45...

come on boys, share your laps! I want to do 4x time trails for this track so I can hit B class.

I'll see what I run tonight.

Tried a star Mazda race the other night. Couldn't get the car to go into gear at the start for some reason and got rear ended.

In the hosted session I was in last night I hit 1.45.499 with low fuel. My lap data is uploaded to iSpeed of course.

Comparing my data to my 'next target' of 1.44.587 I can see I am losing speed right at Split 3. So hopefully I'll get some time to work that out. I think my optimal is a 1.44 something anyway so hopefully it won't be too hard to pop that time in a Qualifying session. Mark Ursel uploaded his lap doing a 1.42 and Laurence is pulling a 1.41. They were flying around the track in our hosted session last night. Funny thing was I can hang with the fast guys til Split 3 then they catch the slipstream and take off

@Kamuifanboy, that sucks man. I've seen someone do that before in a race and it caused quite a bit of mayhem. I'm sure that wasn't you in that race tho haha. Luckily I was able to avoid all that

Last edited:
Wooo! Just got my first victory on the road side!

Only in the Mazda Cup, but still a win. Started last (11th) and fought my way through to finish 27 seconds infront!

go straight into the wall and i find out none if my programmed buttons work so I can't fast tow............. I forfeited on lap 3 (legends south boston).

edit: on the bright side I only finished 9th out of 11

Sorry to hear that. On a related note, what is this "fast tow" you mentioned and how do you use it?

WOW!^

So I did another race and I must have been in a really low split because I threw together a really strange setup(options menu) and ran consistent 18.000 and finished 2nd Even the leader drove like a really fast 5 year old:crazy:

I just tried 40, and I understand why you use it because it's smoot. FFB reminds me of a cordless drill on the DFGT, @ 1 the drill ratchets almost immediately and at 15 it takes some serious torque to make it ratchet but it just applies a smooth strong force then ratchets.

What seems to help the most is bumping the car's lock to lock up to 507 degrees but it's still kinda temporary for lack of a better word

I don't have star mazda, but I managed to get a low 1:47 on zandvort! It's pretty good to me because I just realized you don't need 5 gallons of fuel for a 15 lap race, I lowered it to 3.1 gallons and it drives like a monster!

i play at 40 on everything. its really strong but its just how i drive. no one i know likes the strength i play at. but getting below a 17.3 is pretty difficult.

You need to look up FFB clipping, because you must be suffering a LOT of it.

isamu
Sorry to hear that. On a related note, what is this "fast tow" you mentioned and how do you use it?

Fast tow and reset are the same thing, it's just called fast tow when you're racing, it puts you in the pit with a time penalty and gets you off the track (escape button is default, mine is the PS button on the DFGT)

sandbox, after 10 laps in SM I am now 1.44 @ Watkins :P

My clubbies are now working properly too ! I've also hit 1600 tt rating.

Going to do a few more time trails and move up to B Class!

Quick question guys, what's the requisite regarding participation to be elegible for a season's championship? Do you need the whole 8 weeks or is there no requirement at all?
I know that only 8 weeks out of 12 count to your points, but do you need all 8 weks or will you be elegible with only 6?

Back