iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
RobJackson85
Check out my video (shameless plug) in the video thread, made using the free version of FRAPS. Has the watermark on it and tbh, at high res it's not that bad.

That's not bad at all, I'll have to check on my computer

I just started using the F3 screen this past week and realized I didn't know what the different colors meant. (Someones post above got me thinking about it). When I checked I found this:

Your car and the Pace Car are shown in Gold. Cars on the same lap as you are listed in White. Cars that have lapped or are lapping you are shown in Red. Cars that you have lapped or are lapping you are shown in Blue. The up/down arrow keys will allow you to view further up/down the relative order display.

Is there a misprint in there. According to this cars that are lapping me can show up as blue or red. I'm assuming that the last sentence should read "Cars that you have lapped or are about to lap are shown in blue". Is that correct?

good job on using the F3.

Yes, you are right. The second red part should read as Cars that you have lapped or you are lapping are shown in BLUE.

I know find myself switching between F1 and F3. I like to use the F1 in "lonely races" to show car position since it will only show you the gap to the closest car (in position) ahead of you and behind.

Weee for me! Just got my first win on Road series, Mazda Cup. Sure feels good I'll tell you that.

I have tried the Mustang at Road Atlanta, the Mustang is like driving a brick on a greased up surface. :) I am getting 1:40 or so. I don't think that's very fast but I'm getting consistent laps.

Stick with it Left! The most important thing to remember is to really slow the car down and trail brake to get the rear of the car pointing you in the right direction. I've been using the Baseline setup all season and all I change on the car is tire pressures and some rear toe, depending on how much I want the car to loosen up on me on corner entry. I changed my toe from the more aggressive setting 1/16th to the iRacing Baseline setting for Road A and the car feels great.

Hope to see you on track! :cheers:

plate88
Sweet. I'll see if I can be around Sunday evening.

Won't be around Sunday evening Spec. I'll try to make a Sunday Spa race the next weekend.

I did get in two Mustang races late last night. Had a 2nd place and a win.👍

Nice races and pace man!

I've been under the weather so I haven't put to much time into this week, but I just got some antibiotics so I should be ready for Sunday (hopefully).

The Sunday 9:15 group is a great group and you'd fit right in. Hopefully you can make it for Spa. 👍

Stick with it Left! The most important thing to remember is to really slow the car down and trail brake to get the rear of the car pointing you in the right direction. I've been using the Baseline setup all season and all I change on the car is tire pressures and some rear toe, depending on how much I want the car to loosen up on me on corner entry. I changed my toe from the more aggressive setting 1/16th to the iRacing Baseline setting for Road A and the car feels great.

Hope to see you on track! :cheers:

It is a fun car to drive although I prefer the prototype or the Falcon. I do wish the Mustang had a little more power. Also as I mentioned it will be interesting when it gets the NTM.

I am in fourth gear the entire time with the Mazda @ lime rock except the last corner and the front stretch is that normal? I found that fastest and safest, I'm runnin consistent 1:02 - 1:03 when the best are runnin 58.8 -59.2

So, after more than a year on this wheel I tried changing the wheel setups... What a difference a small and simple adjustment made!! Wow! Not necessarily made me faster but so much more concistent! Made me realize how much I was upsetting the car with the previous wheel setup! Made it so much easier to consistently match my optimum times that in turn lead me to faster lap times and more important average lap times, it helped me pick up a good .3 on my PB and arround 1.2 seconds on my Optimums wich I'm yet to try on the setup that set those previous optimum deltas. Before I was about 1.5 seconds from the optimum deltas in the fixed setup, now I'm well within .4 of them on the fixed setup! Hopefully this will give me the speed I need to secure this championship next week at Road Atlanta!

Changed wheel wheel setups as in a new wheel?

anyway, I was In a time trial and I wasn't doing well, then right when I found a rhythym, BOOM! My computer restarts due to a update!!!!:grumpy::grumpy::banghead:

Is SR not affected in qual?

Also, two tricks i found: I put "next black box" and "Previous Black box" as my paddle shifters on my DFGT since I'm not using them. and I found of you leave a little bit of throttle (about 1/8th) under braking in the MX5, it keeps it balanced

Last edited:
Changed wheel wheel setups as in a new wheel?

anyway, I was In a time trial and I wasn't doing well, then right when I found a rhythym, BOOM! My computer restarts due to a update!!!!:grumpy::grumpy::banghead:

Wow, that sucks! Happened to me once, almost threw the PC out the window!
Was refering to the settings on the wheel itself, I'm using a Fanatec Carrera Wheel...

left888
I do wish the Mustang had a little more power. Also as I mentioned it will be interesting when it gets the NTM.

I agree. The 4.6L is a little anemic. Now, I wouldn't mind at all if they replaced the FR500 with the new Boss 302 or the Laguna Seca version.

^ I'd say the 5.0 in the FR500s is probably reasonable since it's still an FR500S and not a road car
Edit: never mind they haven't updated the FR500s to the 5.0

thanks Jav and Swift. I just finished 6th in my first MC race (Grand touring Cup MX5), and I forgot to mention in the last post I'm now Class D 3.46 Road.

Jav, I think you said last weekend that I have to do 4 races in the GTC and I advance to class C at the end of the season?

Last edited:
No, not yet but I think I got if figured out, I think He said that because I automatically went to 3.36 which is above the 3.0 mark

Also, two tricks i found: I put "next black box" and "Previous Black box" as my paddle shifters on my DFGT since I'm not using them. and I found of you leave a little bit of throttle (about 1/8th) under braking in the MX5, it keeps it balanced

I thought I'd post this again since I accidentally edited after 2 posts went up

Jav, I think you said last weekend that I have to do 4 races in the GTC and I advance to class C at the end of the season?

Yes sir! Just do those 4 races with no incidents and you'll be promoted to C if you don't fast track it! If the races don't go official just do 4 TTs and you'll be alright, keep in mind that all you need for a TT to be official is to put down 5 clean consecutive laps, after you get those 5 laps on the bank quit and do another one, rinse and repeat till you get the 4 TTs under your belt!

I did 3 races, one was clean, and I got put in the wall on the third, and I did 4 TT in between, so I'm all set. then next week Mustang is at spa, which I have, i can't wait:)

I'm still oval rookie 2.5 :lol: I gotta work on that now and the irony is that I race legends IRL

Last edited:
I'm still oval rookie 2.5 :lol: I gotta work on that now and the irony is that I race legends IRL

Yeah I know what you mean. My oval irating is a lot higher than my road and I've got way more time road racing on games and on bikes in real life.

Back