iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Glad to hear the Indy car is getting the NTM. Now I'll surely get it, probably along with Motegi and another track.

I just wish I have more time to do races next season, only got time to do one race with the Skippy yesterday and some driver managed to hit my rear on T1, leaving it in a pretty bad shape while he just moved along to finish 4th...

Luckily the Skippy has one instant repair so at least I got to finish the race.

This isn't the 1st time they've done a GT series though and it wasn't all that popular last time.. It barely had official races.

At least this time they have the Ford GT. Should add about 4-5 extra drivers is my guess. Plus being at Class C level might help.

Glad to hear the Indy car is getting the NTM. Now I'll surely get it, probably along with Motegi and another track.

Yep that's one of the reasons I purchased Motegi. Looking forward to messing around with the Dallara on the NTM on the new Motegi track during Week 13

Last edited:
Roush_fan_99
^I'm thinkin about getting the riley, what do you think?

Roush_fan_99
What about GT vs C6R, I'm personally leaning toward the GT, but I'm open toward any suggestions. I'm just curious for down the road, I'm class D now

All three cars are fun to drive. Tough to say which series to pick. With the GT series being new, who knows how popular it will be. I'd say hold off a few weeks and see which series would fit your racing schedule better. Or if you,re like me, get both cars or all three.

I'd have to say that the Caddy series will probably be complete bonkers for at least a few weeks. Thing that sucks about the Caddy series is it probably won't count toward the participation bonus though.

Last race of the season! Last chance to score a 95 points or better finish! God I hope the HPD loonies behave!!

I threw it all away, started second and hounded the guy all the first half of the race till he made the mistake and I went for it. Now in the lead by 2.5 and looking to get a gap i went a bit to fast into T9 and understeered off and arround I went. Without really thinking I burned out to do a half donut and ended up in the racing line with the 2nd place HPD coming arround to lap us, he had nowhere to go and collected me I feel like crap for ending his race like that. Totally stupid move on my part. If I would've just kept that 2.5 second gap instead of trying to extend it I would have scored 110 point wich where more than enough to give me the championship.
Oh well, leason learned and yet another 2nd place on a championship...

I really wanted my cockpit to be done before week 13 but that isn't going to happen, I still have to apply the finishing coat (polyurethane) and I still need to clean my spiking throttle t500rs pedals, on top of all that I got a project due tomorrow and a test. :(

Jav
I threw it all away, started second and hounded the guy all the first half of the race till he made the mistake and I went for it. Now in the lead by 2.5 and looking to get a gap i went a bit to fast into T9 and understeered off and arround I went. Without really thinking I burned out to do a half donut and ended up in the racing line with the 2nd place HPD coming arround to lap us, he had nowhere to go and collected me I feel like crap for ending his race like that. Totally stupid move on my part. If I would've just kept that 2.5 second gap instead of trying to extend it I would have scored 110 point wich where more than enough to give me the championship.
Oh well, leason learned and yet another 2nd place on a championship...

Did you read my tip a few pages back. :P

Sorry to hear it. At least it was your fault and not someone else.

That sucks Jav but now you gotta move on and grind out that SR this week so you can keep the license. I thought I was going to lose mine but then got lucky with a bunch of incident free races

I don't get it, what's the point of week 13, it's the legends rookie car on a few ovals? I really with iRacing had a mobile app for the forums

That sucks Jav but now you gotta move on and grind out that SR this week so you can keep the license. I thought I was going to lose mine but then got lucky with a bunch of incident free races
Lol! Yeah, damage control already done! Bring on the Cadillac and week 13!
Good Lord!! The Legends races are a junior demolition derby now. WTF happened?
Lol! Yeah that's the loonies not wanting to loose their license but yet end up sinking further down the Week 13 black hole!
I don't get it, what's the point of week 13, it's the legends rookie car on a few ovals? I really with iRacing had a mobile app for the forums

It's a transitional week between seasons on wich you can repair your SR or go crazy and race with no concequences on the 24hrs Of Fun series!

Jav
It's a transitional week between seasons on wich you can repair your SR or go crazy and race with no concequences on the 24hrs Of Fun series!

No, the answer is simpler than that

Whats 12 x 4?

What is 13 x 4?

How many weeks in a year?

:)

Last edited:
^ lol gotcha, but seriously, repair your SR with no consequences? So SR can go up but not down? Or do you mean in the way of iRating

^ lol gotcha, but seriously, repair your SR with no consequences? So SR can go up but not down? Or do you mean in the way of iRating

No, you can't do both at the same time. You either go to the Week 13 Official series or go to the 24HR Of Fun series. On the official series SR still goes up or down, on the 24R Of Fun series there's no SR to worry about!

Rigs finished! I just need to finish all of my cable management and get some velcro and its all set it go!

I'll post some pics on wednesday when my new monitor arrives! :D

In trying to cut down on the number of series I spread myself around on, I've made a bit of a gameplan for this season. Currently holding a C road license and should get promoted to a C oval license, so I'll run the following in order of priority.

Road
Ford GT in GT Challenge
Cadillac CTS-V.R
MX-5 Cup in Grand Touring Cup (love the MX5, and especially with these cars and tracks)

Oval
Late Model

Probably fill in some time gaps with Skip Barber races here and there. Not necessarily running for the championship, but enough to keep some skills up with it. I'm working on a setup for the Ford at The Glen right now. Great combo. The Ford GT is my first step up to a true GT class car in iRacing (excluding the Mustang) and its so rewarding. If anyone else is driving it and needs help tuning, there's a really helpful thread stickied at the top of the Ford GT forum. I've decided that all of iRacing's fixed setups for the car are terrible and result in a very pushy car. My setups are far from loose, but nothing like the understeer of the baselines.

Its also a nice surprise how easy it is to tune these cars. I expected to be overwhelmed and not be able to tell what I'm doing, but after skipping through the tuning guide I knew all the basics and have only made improvements.

Last edited:
Ah man Jav that sucks about your races. I was in one with you when the ford gt guy spun right in front of you. Happen to me with a vette guy but luckily I didn't get any damage just 4x. Don't feel to bad though I got 2nd in my div. 5 HPD fixed champ too :grumpy:.

I was like Nastradamus & Spec Miata because I didn't know how the points worked either to about mid season. I wasn't even planning on running for the championship when I started I just wanted to do 8 weeks and get the participation credits. About 4 weeks in I just happen to look and I wasn't far out of the lead. I stated trying harder then and got up in 1st about week 6. I lead to the last couple weeks when a guy with a bit higher irating started coming up the field. He was getting higher sof race most of the time so he caught up fast. Also at the beginning of the season I was just doing a bunch of races. When I look back now I was only scoring 30-40 points by the time the points averaged. End of the season once I got faster, knew when possible higher sof races were and only doing 2 races a week so I had 1 drop race I started scoring 86-100 points a week. Had I done that for even half of the season I would have won, but oh well.

Now that I'm more educated on how all the points systems work and since I did have a good chance at a championship I think I'll be in better shape next season. I'm actually going to try and go for championships this season since I'm no longer racing in any leagues other than the CTS VR series here and try and get on and race at the right time and do the right amount of races. In road I think I have a good chance of getting a HPD champ because I might only move up to div. 4 at best since I didn't gain all that much irating.

I think finally, for the first time in a while, I won't touch the MX-5 (or Legends) at all. I have been using it just because the hourly races are convenient. But I think with running 5-7 different series at any given time, I'll probably be able to get into a race without too much waiting.

Question1 :

whats sort of easier to drive Corv or Ford cars? In terms of overall multi class competition? i.e. Ford is slower thus perhaps easier to drive but will have to cope with over taking faster cars etc?

Question 2:

Where will RUF and MP4 sit with the Corv and Ford? Will they run in a different series or are they of similar power? How much power does the RUF and MP4 sit compared to Corv and Ford? Slower/Faster/Same?

WOOHOO! iRacing.com is down for new build deployment!

CTS-V and Motegi, here I come! I kinda want to stay up late to try it right away, but have to work in the morning.

Back