iracing.com

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by red7, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Christhedude

currently...Austria/EU
    PSN:GTP_Chris

I agree

May i just add that at least with the baseline set up, if you even think about pressing the brake pedal 1mm the front inside wheel will lock up...
  2. RobJackson85

England
    PSN:RobJackson85

Glad I'm not the only one suffering with this! Has any body else noticed the temperature readings for the tyres. The inside and middle seem to be way hotter than the outside temp, leading me to think the camber is way off? Or am I wrong and this is normal?
  3. Eric.

Premium
    United States
    PSN:GTP_Eric

I've got a decent setup right now. Pretty stable...let me put it online and I'll link it.

At this moment my only complaint with the car is the FFB action. Are you guys experiencing the wheel trying to turn sharply into the corner, for example at Laguna Seca at the Corkscrew? Its getting annoying and tiring to having to fight against the wheel through the Corkscrew and the next few turns. Seems like it has to do with the load on the front wheels and the elevation changes in that section of the track brings it out.

Here's the setup: http://www.racesetups.com/view/802

Downforce? :lol:
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  4. swiftwilly

Premium
    Australia
    PSN:swiftwilly

the only series for the cad is the rookie one right? apart from our very own series :)
  5. waynz

Premium
    Australia Frankston Sth, VIC
    PSN:TORC_Waynz

Looks like sucker car :lol: ...

Yep, one of the agreements was that it was available to everyone, even to race with.
  6. Eric.

Premium
    United States
    PSN:GTP_Eric

I think I'm pretty much done with this thing until someone can make a setup that makes it drive like a car. I'm fine for several laps until I use 1% too little throttle mid corner and it spins like a 70's 911 on bias-plys.
  7. Jav

Jav
    United States OrlandoFL GMT-5
    PSN:GTP__Jav

Ok guys! Who's up for a hosted Cadillac session? 2-3hr practice 30 minute race?
  8. CommodorePuddles

Canada New Brunswick
    PSN:SFX_Commodore

This.
  9. Kamuifanboy

Japan Tokyo
    PSN:PM me for it.

I'm having none of these handling issues that you guys are describing with the Cadi. Here's a video from my fastest lap after 10 laps around Motegi in it. Basic setup.

10. zedfonsie

united states
    PSN:zedfonsie

Put one up tomorrow!
  11. SpecMiata-JSW

United States Winter Park, FL
    PSN:SpecMiata-JSW

Wow, no live for the Caddy eh? LOL! I'm excited to see how bad it is. :)
  12. superbike81

United States Japan / Seattle

I like it. Only spent 45 minutes in it, but once I learned how to keep the car in control it's a great car!
  13. terrible1fi

San Diego
    PSN:terrible1fi

do it :tup:
  14. Jav

Jav

I'll probably do it tomorrow or on the weekend terrible!
    The car feels so much better on Okayama! Still a bit tricky but a lot more stable!
  15. plate88

Premium
    O-H-I-O
    PSN:plate88

I'll be on here in a few hours to test run the Caddy.:tup:

From the YouTube videos I've seen, it looks like it is a handful. Looks like the car is very oversteery and slides around a bit. Would that be a fair assessment?

Anyway, I'll find out soon enough:)
  16. SpecMiata-JSW

United States Winter Park, FL
    PSN:SpecMiata-JSW

I only drove it at Okayama, but she seemed okay. I see what you all are saying about the front end unloading and the FFB changing mid corner.

Once there are some setups out there I'm sure she'll be a be a peach to drive. She's also not bad on the eyes. :)
  17. Jav

Jav

I got a setup for that! I'll upload to Mediafire and share with you guys in a bit!

Edit: Here you go guys! a couple of good setups:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2j8t2qutj2zk6to
  18. Nastradamus87

Canada Canada
    PSN:nastradamus87

Just did a few laps in the Cadi. I can't control a heavy tin top like this very well after only driver the skip for the last four months. The braking is the hardest part for me. I just have no feeling compared to the skip.

Are all the fun series (including the Cadi races) without iRating and SR consequences?
  19. zedfonsie

united states
    PSN:zedfonsie

I'm going to test the ctsv-R tomorrow. Some people say its hard to control, others say it is grippy and fun to drive. Anyone want to join a practice session tomorrow at 3:30 Central time?
  20. lapierre4

Canada Montreal
    PSN:lapierre4

To everyone who intend to try Jav's setup, the only thing I can say is: go for it! With it, I cut 3 seconds from what I previously did with the baseline setup. It's way more stable especially in the brakin zones where it actually goes straight (yay!) Other than that, I raced once in the 24 hours of fun at Okayama and it was really fun. It's looking good for the GTP league!
  21. MadRR

United States NC
    PSN:MadRR

I'm about to hop in a practice session and run some laps if anybody wants to join in.
  22. Nastradamus87

Canada Canada
    PSN:nastradamus87

Yes, use a different setup from the baseline. The baseline is terrible. I found a good one on the iRacing forums. I'm sure Jav's is also good.

Now that I've driven the car with a decent setup I like a lot more.
  23. swiftwilly

Premium
    Australia

Cads not bad, pretty sweet car.

Does anyone else feel that Motegi is quite not bumpy? what a smooth track...hope its like that in real life.
  24. MadRR

United States NC

I'm pretty pleased with all the updates. I haven't put in a lot of time with everything yet. I thought the same as you guys about the caddy with the baseline setup. It didn't feel so good but its because the baseline setup is absolute garbage. Once I messed around with the setup it felt much better. I tried Jav's setup and I was able to knock right much more time off. I've only done a few laps so I think I can go quite a bit faster with more time in the car. I was only in the 32.2's at Okayama once I was able to get the car around the track without spinning or avoiding all the crashers lol. Fast guys were in the high 29's low 30's.

Did just a few laps in my HPD at Motegi. What a great track! I used to race there a lot in GT4 and MotoGP 08 so it came back to me instantly. After just doing a handful of laps I was able to run a 42.8 right as the session ended using the motegi fixed setup 2 seconds clear of second place. I know there is a lot more time to be had with more laps. Also the old 99 nationwide car now known as the k&n east is much better with the ntm. Drives a lot like the late model just a little bit faster. I'll probably be racing that some this season now.
  25. plate88

Premium
    O-H-I-O
    PSN:plate88

After a few hours with Caddy, its now my favorite car. A little tweaking of the setup and it is good to go. Dont use the baseline set. I dont know what iRacing was thinking with that setup. The Caddy is my kind of car. I like big and somewhat heavy cars that need muscled around the track. The biggest thing that caught me with the handling was the braking. Wow, its great. Stand on the brakes and the car starts squirming for traction. It needs to be slowed down for corners, but has great power off with the occasional hanging out of the rearend. Getting the weight to transfer properly seems to be the key. You know when you do because there is tons of grip, but get it wrong and you get an understeer slide or spinout.

I'm curious now if the Mustang and V8 are going to have any similarities when they get the NTM. I know all three are very different, but they are all heavier, bigger, and make decent power. Well, Mustang lacks a bit in power. Anywho, just thinking out loud. Hope the braking feels close the the Caddy. I just love it.

Also, I seen a 1:28.8xx lap at Okayama in the Caddy. Of all people, it was a rookie licensed driver to set that lap. WHAT!

Anyone else see anything faster than a 28.8xx?
  26. MadRR

United States NC

Nah fastest I saw earlier was a 29.9. I was only in 2 different practices for about 30 mins each.
  27. RobJackson85

England
    PSN:RobJackson85

Will try some of these setups later tonight.

One think with the caddy that I like is the off throttle noise. Once you release the gas pedal the pops and bangs as the revs drop are amazing.
  28. HouseChampion

QLD, Australia
    PSN:GTP_Pooks

Might've been a bug - one of my practice sessions results showed up as me having a rookie license (should have been a B) and I have seen something mentioned in the forums?
  29. Christhedude

currently...Austria/EU
    PSN:GTP_Chris

isnt anyone else experiencing problems with iracing crashing? I keep loosing all my irating cause i join a race, i get to the loading screen and then it tells me iracing.exe has stopped working.

Its only been like this since the update...
  30. swiftwilly

Premium
    Australia

I want to compare Skip notes with people re the new build.

Nastra/Wayne? Your thoughts?

I am seeing slower pace with the new car, but I don't see the understeer that people are talking about. But I think my setup is pretty slippery anyway. 3 SPO, 5 ARB.

I can't believe they made a difficult and slower car even more slower and more difficult haha...

also the schedule changed.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
Next Page »