iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
isnt anyone else experiencing problems with iracing crashing? I keep loosing all my irating cause i join a race, i get to the loading screen and then it tells me iracing.exe has stopped working.

Its only been like this since the update...

Yup, I had it crash several times but only during an official race.

I did not have to forfeit. How long did you wait before you forfeited the race? I found out that if I waited for 2-3 minutes the grey "Connected" bar changed to a green "JOIN" bar. After that I could enter the race without any problem. Make sure you stay at your computer and enter asap since (at least for me) by the time I get to the track there is only ~30s before the start of teh race!
good luck!

I haven't had that happen yet but that would piss me off especially since I've worked so hard on my iRating.

I guess you can view a disconnect as an engine failure, but it doesn't make it any easier. :)

I haven't had that happen yet but that would piss me off especially since I've worked so hard on my iRating.

I guess you can view a disconnect as an engine failure, but it doesn't make it any easier. :)

yeah, I think this issue hit a MX5 cup very hard last night. I was able to join (as mentioned in my post above) and when the race started there were only 7 of us out of 16 entries!
👎

I think with the Cadillac you have to know its grip limit off throttle. That's what I was struggling with initially, and the unstable braking a few people have mentioned using the stock setup. After a short practice session I'm on a 1:31.9 in the Caddy around Okayama. Anyone set any other times round there?

I think with the Cadillac you have to know its grip limit off throttle. That's what I was struggling with initially, and the unstable braking a few people have mentioned using the stock setup. After a short practice session I'm on a 1:31.9 in the Caddy around Okayama. Anyone set any other times round there?

If that was done with the baseline setup then that is really fast. Take Jav's setup and beat my 1'29.3! Then you will definitely destroy everyone. The second guy was at 1'30.8 lol when I achieved this time, so I looked alien. In fact I owe a big thank to Jav for that.

Really? Cool aha! I was just in another practice session now and I saw a 28.9. Got my pb down to a 31.2 and an optimal of 30.4. I'll try Jav's setup up after the :15 race! :)

Caddy CTS-V Journal

Day 1: Awful. Used baseline setup. Way off pace. Can't figure the car out.
Day 2: Used Jav's setup. Awesome!!! I can't stop driving the car now!

Psst, hope it was cool to share the setup Jav. I tried to tell them it was yours. I just felt bad for folks skidding all around in the practice session. Was too hard watching them suffer lol. They really like your setup

Why is the baseline so crazy???? Anyone hitting below 1.30s with baseline?!

Got a 1:29.921 with Jav's setup, OT is 1:29.4xx. I can't do five laps without spinning but I think I'll try the next race.

Wow that is a great time live! Good luck!

Btw I got iracedash running on my iphone. I really need it for the caddy cause I cant see my dash with my 45 fov

So the 28.8xx has held up pretty well. Hmmm...

Lots of good times you guys are setting. After a few hours last night I had a PB of 30.1xx and optimal of 29.5xx. I was trying my damndest to click off a 29.

I see Mosport is the next track. That should be interesting. And I think this car is going to be pretty tough on Infineon.

re:christhedude
I've seen reports of this new build crashing, lucky for me just have not experienced this (fingers crossed)

new build is great. The dallara with the new tire model is amazing, great feeling of rubber meeting the road and you can really feel the car and drive it on the limit (although the twin motegi fixed set is garbage)

jumped into a hosted Indycar practice session at Watkins glen last night and to my surprise Simon Pagenaud was in there running laps. I managed only 6 tenths slower lol

isnt anyone else experiencing problems with iracing crashing? I keep loosing all my irating cause i join a race, i get to the loading screen and then it tells me iracing.exe has stopped working.

Its only been like this since the update...

I've been having the same problem with the Caddy series, I can join any hosted or practice session just fine but when I enter a 24 Fun race the program stops working and I can't get back in.

Yup, I had it crash several times but only during an official race.

I did not have to forfeit. How long did you wait before you forfeited the race? I found out that if I waited for 2-3 minutes the grey "Connected" bar changed to a green "JOIN" bar. After that I could enter the race without any problem. Make sure you stay at your computer and enter asap since (at least for me) by the time I get to the track there is only ~30s before the start of teh race!
good luck!

I need to try that!

PB for me is a 31.2 with 30.1 optimum.

Caddy CTS-V Journal

Day 1: Awful. Used baseline setup. Way off pace. Can't figure the car out.
Day 2: Used Jav's setup. Awesome!!! I can't stop driving the car now!

Psst, hope it was cool to share the setup Jav. I tried to tell them it was yours. I just felt bad for folks skidding all around in the practice session. Was too hard watching them suffer lol. They really like your setup

Why is the baseline so crazy???? Anyone hitting below 1.30s with baseline?!
please do pass it along the setup was shared on an earlier Laguna session, I just tweaked it a little bit till I got it to a more comfortable tune.

re:christhedude
I've seen reports of this new build crashing, lucky for me just have not experienced this (fingers crossed)

new build is great. The dallara with the new tire model is amazing, great feeling of rubber meeting the road and you can really feel the car and drive it on the limit (although the twin motegi fixed set is garbage)

jumped into a hosted Indycar practice session at Watkins glen last night and to my surprise Simon Pagenaud was in there running laps. I managed only 6 tenths slower lol
That's awesome! Gotta love it when you see real profesionals playing arround with normal people!
So I was leading the race for 19 laps and then the car starts spinning three times per lap. :lol:

I think there's something wrong with the car, the tyres get way too slippery after a while. I couldn't push it at all, so that took a bit of the fun out of it.

Finished third. Funny how it's showing my Oval license. :confused:

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=5496552&custid=48752

Lol! Same thing happened to me, so I just held back a bit and the tires seemed to cool down, then it was back to normal.

Last edited:
I just had my first caddy race too. Started 4th (so many non-qualifiers...) and haven't not started a road race with a standing start for over 3 months I went on the red lights instead of the green. :dunce::lol:

I felt the tyres wore quickly too, and it also meant I re-took the leaders a few times because they kept spinning lol. Others noted that the tyres wore fast too. I think 20 laps would produce a better race.

Edit: Jav, or anyone, how do you get the setup from that mediafile share on to iRacing? I'm a bit of a tech noob aha.

I just had my first caddy race too. Started 4th (so many non-qualifiers...) and haven't not started a road race with a standing start for over 3 months I went on the red lights instead of the green. :dunce::lol:

I felt the tyres wore quickly too, and it also meant I re-took the leaders a few times because they kept spinning lol. Others noted that the tyres wore fast too. I think 20 laps would produce a better race.

Edit: Jav, or anyone, how do you get the setup from that mediafile share on to iRacing? I'm a bit of a tech noob aha.

Lol!! I did the same at Laguna yesterday!

Just get the setup pack save it on my documents====> iRacing====> Setups====> CadillacCTSVR. Once you save it there extract the fies and you're done!

I think we were in the same race. I remember someone jump starting and hitting the car in front. :lol:

Jav

Just get the setup pack save it on my documents====> iRacing====> Setups====> CadillacCTSVR. Once you save it there extract the fies and you're done!

Got it. Wow Jav what have you done to the car?! It's awesome!! Given me much more confidence on throttle and on the brakes. Gota learn this setup now :P

livemusic
I think we were in the same race. I remember someone jump starting and hitting the car in front. :lol:

oops... lol!

I don't know how to get the Cadi off the line without lighting up the tires or getting bogged down. Any tips?

I haven't gotten that part yet... 2nd gear lanuch doesn't work either, we definitely need a better clutch model!

Got it. Wow Jav what have you done to the car?! It's awesome!! Given me much more confidence on throttle and on the brakes. Gota learn this setup now :P

Lol!! Mainly the ARBs and rear toe, those made the biggest difference! The rest of the adjustments are somewhat limited, my track car had stiffer springs than this thing does!

Jav

Word of warning, copying all those files to your CTSV directory will ask you to replace the -Current- setup...If you care about your own, don't replace that one.

Got lots of seat time with the new Cadi yesterday, fun car 👍
To me looks like the main championship for the car will be carnage :ouch:
Was lucky enough to do a couple of practice sessions with RedReevos at Okayama, I got a 1'29.9 but Rees got to a 1'29.4 :crazy:

So Mosport is next...Can see a few wrecked cars sitting at T2 :lol:

swiftwilly
I want to compare Skip notes with people re the new build.

Nastra/Wayne? Your thoughts?

I am seeing slower pace with the new car, but I don't see the understeer that people are talking about. But I think my setup is pretty slippery anyway. 3 SPO, 5 ARB.

I can't believe they made a difficult and slower car even more slower and more difficult haha...

also the schedule changed.

Haven't driven the Skip yet, will give it a few laps in the weekend, if I can get out of the Cadi :lol:

:cheers:

Hey Eric
I got one from the forums, it was the first one in the Laguna page for the Cadi.
I didn't change it at all, seemed to be good at Laguna and Okayama.

Hey guys, we've set up a hosted session in the Cady anyone can join. Two hours:

Session name- CTS-VR Practice/Okayama

5:00pm EDT, pw- MilleRSVR.

Just tested the CTSV-R for the first time, and it is a monster. Really touchy even with tuning and easy to screw up in. I love it! It is so fun, and just to add to this day this new cockpit I built has perfect seating position, :drool:

Trying to join your session but it keeps giving me an error saying it is full or is closed 0.0

Starting up another session:

Alright, same details:
Session name- CTS-VR Practice/Okayama
4:12pm PDT, pw- MilleRSVR.

I did a few races at Charlotte in the Mazda Cup last night and I'm getting oh so close to getting my first win. In the first race I got taken out twice and finished two laps down. I didn't qualify so started mid pack. I looked at the stats after and saw my lap times were very close to the leaders. I qualified before the next race and ended up starting 1st. There was some sort of incident in the first few turns that gave me a 8 second lead on second place. I maintained that lead until lap 5. I came up on a lapped car and he went of track a few seconds in front of me. It appeared that he was going to wait for me to go by. Just as I was about to go by he pulled out right into the side of me. I had to pit for repairs and came back on track neck and neck with the 2nd place car, but now one lap down. I was able to keep up with the second place car for the rest of the race and finished mid pack.

That was my first experience with leading a race. I can't believe how nervous I was. I kept telling myself to calm down. Just pretend you are doing a time trial. None of it worked.

I did learn to be VERY cautious of lapped traffic. If I get into that same position again I'll not assume that someone off track sees me coming. Watching for passing traffic before entering the track should be the first thing you think about when going off track, but it's amazing how many times I've been hit or had near misses from drivers pulling back on to the track

I had another race after this one and started 3rd. I was able to have an almost incident free race, but did get broad sided again by someone coming back on track. This time he didn't do enough damage to make a big difference. However he must have screwed up my aerodynamics because my top speed dropped by 3MPH. I think I may have been able to catch 1st if not for that incident.

So far I'm liking these week 13 Mazda races. I've practiced on most of the tracks for the IRNC, so I feel comfortable on them. The only down side is that the quality of the driving seems to have taken a big decline. It's almost as if many of the other racers don't realize they are official or just don't care

Back