iracing.com

• Thread starter red7
  • 21,570 comments
Hope they fixed the crashes I've never had iRacing crash on me and last night I flipped the caddy at spa and the game crashed. Maybe because my last last reported speed was 748kmh?

Nice setup Eric. I am torn between this one and Jav's. Jav's is great too but, this one makes my Caddy ride like a Lincoln, and that's a good thing.

Thanks! Need to work on that todo list on the setup page. The diff needs to be more aggressive for Mosport I think, though the current setup is great for the sweepers. Possibly some ride height and definitely ARB changes for rougher tracks...last left at Mosport is bumpy and pushy.

I've go it set to ride the bumpstops under braking instead of hitting the splitter, at least at Okayama. I'm hitting the splitter at Mosport.

Protests

8. Protests
8.1. Who may Protest
8.1.1. The right to protest shall rest with any iRacing member who observes the
incident in question or feels any part of the Sporting Code or official rules of
iRacing or FIRST have been violated. Each, alone, may protest any decision,
act, or omission of iRacing, FIRST, an official, driver, or other person connected
to the competition which the protestor believes is unfair or in violation of the
Sporting Code or other official regulations or rules of iRacing or FIRST.
8.2. Lodging a Protest**
8.2.1.A Protest must be made in writing, specifying which sections of Sporting Code,
racing rules, club rules, series rules or any official iRacing or FIRST rules have
been violated. Protests should include the exact infraction and why it is believed
a violation has occurred. The event needs to be clearly identified including time
and date it occurred. Written protests must be addressed to “FIRST Chief
Steward” and submitted to Protest@iRacing.com This is the only place to
formally lodge a protest. Protests need to be made within 7 days of the
decision, infraction or violation that is being protested. Any evidence, data,
recordings or third party accounts are welcome and encouraged to be submitted
with protests.
8.2.2.Protest submitted regarding on track incidents should be accompanied by a
replay of the on track incident in question.
8.2.3. Below is an example of a properly formatted Protest:
Session ID: 1247836/54220
Date: 2008‐05‐08 11:00 pm
Sporting Code Section: 5.5.11
Driver: Joe Smith
Description/Explanation of Protest:
On lap 9 of the race, Joe Smith typed in text chat ............................
Accompanying Attachments:
chat_text.jpg
Incident.rpy

Eric.
I posted the process above. What are you confused about?

I read that Eric, thanks. I am not confused with the process. Just thought there might be an easier way of going about it. I have had guys doing blatant BS in races before and wanted to report them. Just seemed like to big a hassle to bother with. It is what it is and obviously that's the only way launch a protest/complaint. Much obliged for your comments.

Another day of week 13 and this car keeps getting better and better! Feels brilliant on Limerock!

Oh! There's madness on Limerock too!

Jav
Another day of week 13 and this car keeps getting better and better! Feels brilliant on Limerock!

Brilliant!!! Did you takeover the lead after that? That's a serious pass in the grass. Who needs track when you got grass:lol:

Last edited:
Jav

I agree. I've always disliked lime rock but it's pretty fun in this car. I've only raced there in the miata so the only passing spot is braking into turn 1. With the caddy having more power there are a couple other spots you can make passes.

I actually did my first caddy race tonight at lime rock. Only 3 of us qualified so I started 2nd. There was 28 of us total :scared:. I was pretty cautious at the start especially starting 2nd. Before the race I had never started the car from a standing start, never ran it with a race fuel load, only a couple gallons for doing hot laps and never more than 5 lap runs at a time so I wasn't sure what to expect there in the beginning.

I finished 4th in the end but was in 2nd for most the race and with 2 laps to go and got pushed of track by a lap car letting 2 cars by. I got pushed off the track earlier in the race on lap 5 by a lap car and fell down to 5th and worked my way back to second. I was slightly gaining on the leader once I got in 2nd but was so far down couldn't make up 12 seconds. Would have had an easy 2nd had I not got pushed off track, but it's week 13 so it don't really matter. I was just happy to go a full race distance and not spin out any and be competitive on a track I've never really raced at. What kind of times are you guys getting at lime rock? I was using a laguna setup off the forum and a 50.800 was the best I've got so far and that was in a qualifying.

I did. I was asking for information pertaining to ease of use. Thanks for your help pal.

I am sure that was sarcasm.

The reason why I was saying read the sporting code because that details the way you lodge a protest.

There is NO other way because if there was, then it would of been in the sporting code.

if there was an easier way, I would of directed you to the easier method instead of telling you to go to the sporting code.

I also note your sarcasm isn't welcome when we're trying to help you out and like we have done a few times already. If it wasn't sarcasm, then ignore this post.
:rolleyes:

@swift. It was sarcasm and I apologize for that. But to be honest with you I felt as though you were annoyed with my question. With the "read the sporting code" comment with the !!!! following it. As I stated prior, just asking for an easier way. So now I know.

I did. I was asking for information pertaining to ease of use. Thanks for your help pal.

You have to watch out for SW, he is always a bit on edge.

Yeah, I created a template in my email to fire off protests in a quick manner. There have been a few threads with suggestions on how iRacing can make sending in protests a bit easier. However, they do not respond and people believe they want to 'keep the bar high' for ease of us to prevent a flood of frivilous protests.

good luck.

@swift. It was sarcasm and I apologize for that. But to be honest with you I felt as though you were annoyed with my question. With the "read the sporting code" comment with the !!!! following it. As I stated prior, just asking for an easier way. So now I know.

SW does this a lot! He has done it to me and others a few times, too. We are never sure if he is making a joke or had too much coffee.

SW and others, if you are being sarcastic in the future you really need to start adding in smileys. Simple text does not convey the inflections, expression, vocalization or immediacy of words.
:)

Last edited:
coffee x 3. Work does that to you. But apart from that, tone is very difficult to understand via the internet. Throw in a few :) like Pat said. It helps.

Last edited:
Ya, you have to treat Willy with kid gloves!!!

Ya, you have to treat Willy with kid gloves :D :D :cheers: :lol: :lol:

Jav

Nice driving Jav, if that would have been me they would still be scrapping my car off the wall. :D

I picked up a $39 set of Logitech's just yesterday, they are marginally better then the Microsoft version I have. Off hand what are the price of the ones you posted?

:lol: Awesome save, Jav. Did you have to slow down for cutting the corner?

Depending on what time I get home tonight I'll try to do some races in Lime Rock too.

Lol! Thank's guys! Having a blast with all the crazyness and no concequences, yes I did get the black flag, that's why I didn't imidiately get back on it. Started 71th on that race and after al the T1 madness I found myself on 7th, slowly made my way to 2nd 4.5 seconds behind the leader at one point at the end he had 8 seconds on me. Fun stuff!

Jav
Lol! Thank's guys! Having a blast with all the crazyness and no concequences, yes I did get the black flag, that's why I didn't imidiately get back on it. Started 71th on that race and after al the T1 madness I found myself on 7th, slowly made my way to 2nd 4.5 seconds behind the leader at one point at the end he had 8 seconds on me. Fun stuff!

haha Talk about luck! LOL I started in the pits (17th) for a Charlotte MX5 cup race and came away with a win by avoiding all of the car crashing mayhem!
:scared:

haha Talk about luck! LOL I started in the pits (17th) for a Charlotte MX5 cup race and came away with a win by avoiding all of the car crashing mayhem!
:scared:

Lol yeah! Startegy pays off in these crazy races, ironically this was the top split with guys having iratings up to 3500+!

haha, wouldn't of known when looking at the video

It's a more relaxed mood on week 13 so everyone tends to go for lower percentage moves and stuff like that and many of this guys don't race the GT cars at all so the transition for them is a bit harder...

Latest Posts

Back