It's like makers of gt6 don't want to improve gt franchise

• Thread starter Hategt6
  • 102 comments
they don't want to do anything to update where person with slow connection endure million hours of updating but they decided best live alone keep using same program they been using since Gt5 I know every idiot good connection after me making this thread its ****ing truth I talking it's not a lie
"million hours of updating" HAHAHAHAHAHAAH do you live in the moon ? wtf

" i know every idiot good connection after me making this tread " wait what ? O.O i think you should go to a chinese Forum cuz we don't speak chinese here friend
Chill bro

....Some of [the games] have things that I consider mistakes. There are a lot of things I would have done differently if I could do them again. Better physics, sound, AI, graphics… I’d like to do everything all over again!”"

“For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6. We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016.”

Thats just PR stuff...nothing will change (except for graphics and MAYBE actually some new online modes)

“I still cannot go into detail, but developing on PS3 was hard: you don’t have enough memory to do all you want. Our goal was to always preserve the feel of Gran Turismo but with the latest installment we had to face limitations. With PS4 we have a lot of memory available: we’ll be able to exploit it easily, inserting elements that we had to force or withheld on PS3.

There will be better graphics, better physics engine, smarter AI and more online options.”

“A lot of different things were cut: resolution, graphic designs, everything throughout the gameplay. The level of data that’s being handled, whether it be the environment data or the car data, they’re on a fantastically high level – but the PS3 isn’t able to process it very well.

Some of [the games] have things that I consider mistakes. There are a lot of things I would have done differently if I could do them again. Better physics, sound, AI, graphics… I’d like to do everything all over again!”
"

“For GT7, myself and my staff have a clear vision: to do everything we couldn’t do in GT6. We want to make it very Gran Turismo. By that I mean it’s going to be a game that matches the very era that we live in, in 2015 or 2016.”

Amen

“I still cannot go into detail, but developing on PS3 was hard: you don’t have enough memory to do all you want. Our goal was to always preserve the feel of Gran Turismo but with the latest installment we had to face limitations. With PS4 we have a lot of memory available: we’ll be able to exploit it easily, inserting elements that we had to force or withheld on PS3.

There will be better graphics, better physics engine, smarter AI and more online options.”

“A lot of different things were cut: resolution, graphic designs, everything throughout the gameplay. The level of data that’s being handled, whether it be the environment data or the car data, they’re on a fantastically high level – but the PS3 isn’t able to process it very well.

Some of [the games] have things that I consider mistakes. There are a lot of things I would have done differently if I could do them again. Better physics, sound, AI, graphics… I’d like to do everything all over again!”
"

This is true of every game ever created, on console and on PC. PS4 is no different, one only need look at PCars vs. Driveclub to know that resources aren't unlimited and tradeoffs will have to be made by everyone, including PD. But not everything on happening with GT6 is a result of that tradeoff, some things are by design IMO, and it's important and worthwhile to distinguish between the two lest people get their hopes up.

Last edited:
Thats just PR stuff...nothing will change (except for graphics and MAYBE actually some new online modes)
if you don't trust or like PD why do you guys keep playing their games ? i mean come on , we all know that PD does alot of good work out there , yeah there is some mistakes done for GT5 and GT6 but still they are a great company , we are not talkin about EASPORT or UBISOFT , it PD guys , everybody says that it's hard to develop games on the PS3 , now wait and see , i have faith on PD .

Facing limitations is not an excuse to release a bad game. I spent many many happy hours on my 48k spectrum. Having limited resources can push a developer to concentrate on enjoyable game play which imo is one of the most important elements, something the gt series has lost recently and why I didn't purchase gt 6.Classic games like space invaders, Pac man,and Tetris are testament to this.I am aware some people do get some enjoyment from gt 6 but unless pd improve their act it's going to be the same story I'm afraid for gt7.

Is not because PD don't want: They can't put anymore features due to PS3 limitations. So, I'm sure that GT7 will be a better game.

if you don't trust or like PD why do you guys keep playing their games ? i mean come on , we all know that PD does alot of good work out there , yeah there is some mistakes done for GT5 and GT6 but still they are a great company , we are not talkin about EASPORT or UBISOFT , it PD guys , everybody says that it's hard to develop games on the PS3 , now wait and see , i have faith on PD .

I dont play it. Or to be specific, i run it once a month to see its still the same...
I know its hard, but i (we non satisfied are) am talking about what is making a game fun. Not graphics (except for PS2 quality cars and tracks).

I dont play it. Or to be specific, i run it once a month to see its still the same...
I know its hard, but i (we non satisfied are) am talking about what is making a game fun. Not graphics (except for PS2 quality cars and tracks).
they made a good progress from GT5 to GT6 , and i'm sure they left the best for GT7 .
for me the only big thing that GT6 lacks is more "normal every day car" and the lack of solo contents (after all that is what made famous GT )

PD isn't really that slow. Sure, GT5 took a while, but other than that, they have a decent dev schedule. I'd much rather have a 2-3 year cycle with support throughout than a 1 year cycle with PD immediately moving to the next game.
If GT7 drops next Christmas it'll be only the 3rd full console game in 12 years. How slow do they have to be to be considered slow?

If GT7 drops next Christmas it'll be only the 3rd full console game in 12 years. How slow do they have to be to be considered slow?

Selective use of figures there, Johnny.
I could just as well say that if GT7 comes next Christmas, it will be their 2nd full console game in 3 years. Lot shorter dev cycle, when you look at it like that, isn't it?

Selective use of figures there, Johnny.
I could just as well say that if GT7 comes next Christmas, it will be their 2nd full console game in 3 years. Lot shorter dev cycle, when you look at it like that, isn't it?
All data is selective isn't it? If you want to know where people get the idea that PD is slow, that's it. Meanwhile, Forza has pumped out 8 games over the same time period, for reference of course.

All data is selective isn't it? If you want to know where people get the idea that PD is slow, that's it. Meanwhile, Forza has pumped out 8 games over the same time period, for reference of course.
Nope. Only when you don't use all of it available to you is it selective, remember?

The real figure is six games in sixteen years, or 2 2/3 years per game.

That's slow if you expect games to be released more often, but not if you don't.

Note it puts GT7 sometime in 2016 at the earliest, empirically speaking.

Not necessarily a bad thing either.

Guess it comes down to personal preference. I, for one, prefer a game that has all the same content as the last installment (and more of course), or at least doesn't make me pay to download that content. Even if that comes at the cost of delays. Then again, I also see games as an art form as opposed to a product to be simply used until it is replaced, so maybe I'm just crazy.

Talk about selective, indeed. Since your time frame takes into account the long gestation time of GT5, but doesn't take into account the time needed for T10 to work on FM1, nor does it consider how the two Horizon titles aren't even handled by T10.

I was a pretty vocal critic of the excessive wait for GT5, but using selective reasoning like that undermines any other point you're trying to make.

Guess it comes down to personal preference. I, for one, prefer a game that has all the same content as the last installment (and more of course), or at least doesn't make me pay to download that content. Even if that comes at the cost of delays. Then again, I also see games as an art form as opposed to a product to be simply used until it is replaced, so maybe I'm just crazy.

I prefer a game that has all the same content as the last installment too. Neither GT6 nor FM5 accomplished that though, and only one of them was on the same console as its' predecessor, making a straight port far easier.

I prefer a game that has all the same content as the last installment too. Neither GT6 nor FM5 accomplished that though, and only one of them was on the same console as its' predecessor, making a straight port far easier.

Part of the reason I added the part about having to buy back content that was included in the previous game. To me, that's far worse than PD taking their sweet time implementing stuff from GT5. But, to play devil's advocate, I will say that I think they've bitten off more than they can chew with the course maker. Prove me wrong, PD.

EDIT: 1,000 posts 👍

Last edited:
Talk about selective, indeed. Since your time frame takes into account the long gestation time of GT5, but doesn't take into account the time needed for T10 to work on FM1, nor does it consider how the two Horizon titles aren't even handled by T10.

I was a pretty vocal critic of the excessive wait for GT5, but using selective reasoning like that undermines any other point you're trying to make.

Heh, I did that, too. Six games in twenty two years, then, for GT. 3 2/3 years per release.

Ignoring TT, GTPSP (and the Prologues, Concepts etc.), Omega Boost and Motor Toon GP 2, for whatever they're worth.

That PS2 to PS3 transition was a killer.

Last edited:
Back