MATURE U.K. Racers Wanted. !!UPDATE 2 Please read first post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a decent thing to join and could be right up my street. Early GT5 on line impression isn't too impressive for me since I only ever seem to get one race out of every ten where everyone isn't just messing around all the time, driving the wrong way etc.

Personally I'm just looking for somewhere to have a serious race, a mess around, a good laugh, whatever takes our fancy as a group at that time. I'm not looking for pressure from the group from things such as "you must meet up at 6pm tonight on Skype/MSN so we can discuss tactics etc, failure to meet will mean kick" etc etc. Too many times I join things and everyone is way too serious. I want to join in and be part of a bunch of folks having fun, simples! If this sounds about right then let me know and I'll gladly be part of your group.

Network : 20 mbps Virgin Ethernet
Gear : Sixaxis
PSN: marshman39

Sounds as though you would fit in nicely, the racing is fun but no-one gives you abuse if you accidently bin it or punt someone off (not too much anyway!), have had a few sessions that seem to turn into a mess about session if everyone is feeling it, but it soon turns back to proper racing, click the link on the 1st post and join up if you haven't already, look forward to seeing you and the rest of the guys on track soon, as I have been absent for a few days lately but hopefully get a few races in this afternoon/evening.
Best of luck, Jim.

Joined the group already and had a read up of the threads earlier today. Also sent lunchbox a PS3 buddy request earlier. I'll try and get on line tonight for some fun but right now my lad is getting his PS3 time in so I just have to wait for now! lol

What's the best way to find you all now then? Just use the thread with all the PS3 account names and send invites to them in the hope one of them will be on line?

Just a suggestion to Lunchbox (not trying to add to your workload at all!!) but maybe you could set up some kind of hierarchy, some way of people knowing who to add to find lounges, maybe we could find out who is regularly on at particular times of the day so we know who to add? Just an idea to save trying to add everyone in the members list as you can only add 50 friends on the PSN to my knowledge.
Sorry in advance!!:sly::drool:

Edit:
Sorry Marshman, if you have added people from the members list and they are online, go to community and click on their name, there should be a yellow icon next to their lounge symbol if they are in an active lounge, click that and select join (you'll get the hang of it).

So far I've only added lunchbox and thought I'd wait for feedback before adding everyone. I guess over time we'll start to realise who is on when and we'll often play with the same few people.

So far I've only added lunchbox and thought I'd wait for feedback before adding everyone. I guess over time we'll start to realise who is on when and we'll often play with the same few people.

The best way to find drivers is to use the "View all members" link on the GBRC home page some do have PSN details some do not.

PSN ID

Open lounge's

Unfortunately I can’t sticky important threads so they get lost. There is some good information it's just a pain to find it.
Also I can only soft delete old topic's.

Last edited:
@WWR-Basher & Lunchbox147

No problem the other day, I really did have work to do but couldn't resist dropping in for a few minutes. It created the perfect prompt for me to get back to what I should have been doing. :yuck:

Be seeing you....................

im available for some racing this afternoon when i can get b-spec-bob off the damn ps3.... grrr...!!! hes becoming very possessive..

Oops, pressed the wrong button and lost my reply - now to start over!

This seems perfect for me, with limited time to play (mostly limited to certain evenings) it is hard to find the right people and / or online races.

I have no online friends at the moment so would like to start building my friend list with likeminded colleagues.

Age 34
PSN Knelly
Network SKY Unlimited Broadband (wi-fi) but in races I have been involved in have not lost connection
Use GTFT Wheel and will be getting a nice little headset for Christmas, for the very purpose of online racing.

Please add me as a friend (I have already added myself to GBRC) and look forward to racing you all in the near future.

Leon :)

Replay of me and Spinx battling it out in the mini getting mid 1:04's on Tsukuba.
Mini 1:04 Race pace

Nice 15 lap race very exciting.
15 Lap mandatory pitstop.

Picture of racing today, nice one UWang.
picture.php

Hi all, I would like to add my name to the list to see what happens. I`m online at random times depending on when I can get control of the TV.

I`m normally chasing Merlin123 round a track breathing his exhaust fumes.

Age - 42/Gtr Manchester
Orange Max 20mb (realistic 5mb)
Standard Dualshock 3 controller
Psn - PaleRider2008

Thanks 👍

Count me in!

Age 38

PSN: Dr_B1G

BT HOMEHUB (up to 8Mb) Wired

G25 Racing Cockpit

Hi all, I would like to add my name to the list to see what happens. I`m online at random times depending on when I can get control of the TV.

I`m normally chasing Merlin123 round a track breathing his exhaust fumes.

Age - 42/Gtr Manchester
Orange Max 20mb (realistic 5mb)
Standard Dualshock 3 controller
Psn - PaleRider2008

Thanks 👍
Count me in!

Age 38

PSN: Dr_B1G

BT HOMEHUB (up to 8Mb) Wired

G25 Racing Cockpit

Welcome Dr_B1G and Mrckent,
Please join the GBRC and get a feel for the club by reading and taking part in discussions.
You must be respectful to everybody and when you join someone’s room respect there decisions.
Jason

Last edited:
Whoa... you guys really got a nice gathering of local drivers... unfortunatelly I'm not on UK... So I can't join, but hey! Keep it up! I was watching the videos and you guys are really doing amazingly good!

And keeping it fun! :)

All the Best!

Diego R.

Thank you diegorborges that's very kind,
The U.K. thing is mainly because of lag issues your more than welcome to join the fun and partake in our discussions at GBRC.

group.php

group.php

group.php

Last edited:
I'd like to join.

Age 43 in Edinburgh
Virgin cable wired connection
PSN - yamazumi1966

Ta

I'd love to join this group - finding the online experience very random and annoying at the moment.

PSN: Liversage
O2 8Mb broadband wireless
Logitec Driving Force wireless wheel (sometimes. My young daughter insists on using it as a toy whenever it comes out, even trying to wrestle it off my lap during races).

I've also joined the GBRC group on GTPlanet.

Please feel free to add me to PSN: Dr_B1G (anyone in this group)
It's always good to have friends of this game on PSN for swapping cars, paint, tracks, online racing or whatever else. I always hold back from sending requests in case I get rejected, cause not all people are friendly lol

I'd be delighted to join, although my participation will be few and far between.

Danny.
21 (Although I daresay I'm mature)
Not a clue what my connection is, but it seems to be fairly quick.
PSN: Grim10

I'd like to join.

Age 43 in Edinburgh
Virgin cable wired connection
PSN - yamazumi1966

Ta
I'd love to join this group - finding the online experience very random and annoying at the moment.

PSN: Liversage
O2 8Mb broadband wireless
Logitec Driving Force wireless wheel (sometimes. My young daughter insists on using it as a toy whenever it comes out, even trying to wrestle it off my lap during races).

I've also joined the GBRC group on GTPlanet.
I'd be delighted to join, although my participation will be few and far between.

Danny.
21 (Although I daresay I'm mature)
Not a clue what my connection is, but it seems to be fairly quick.
PSN: Grim10

Welcome to the GBRC 👍

I am online at random times and new to online racing.

Age 38
Standard set up with dual shock, decent internet speed
PSN - cheekyboyno1
cheers.

Hey I'd like to sign up, looking to get into some online racing, I'm online most nights. If I'm not, I'm sleeping from playing too much. :lol:

Age - 21
Virgin Media - 20mbps - HardWired
PSN ID - Drakey21

Hello,

I'm a newbie to this forum, but have play liveforspeed on pc for quite a while.

I would love to join in the fun.

10mb Wireless.
Silky-2-Smooth
Logitech Pro force something or other.

Mainly online around 9-11pmish after kidz and wife in bed.

Hi, uhh I'm 17 but a good, mature fair driver. Can I join? :)

welcome Pinkypants and Chariots0fFire,
You need to join the GBRC group link is in my signature.
I joined last week and nothings happened yet, what do I do?:guilty:
Well Mrckent you need to add PSN ID's to your PSN account, then you can search for GBRC rooms from you newly acquired friends list.

Remember not everyone plays online all the time and you have to put a little work in to get the players on your list.

I am currently working my shift pattern, add me to your friends if you haven’t already done so and when I am next online I will try to set you up with a game.
Keep the faith.
Jason
Edit: The PSN discussion might help.

Last edited:
OK just joined the group. :D
Thanks for letting me join bud!

Could you add me to the list My ID to : GTBoz1ey

Looking to join a decent Room after last night depressing 4 hours of pointless online racing.:grumpy:

31, UK Based, NTL 10MB Wifi.

Cheers Dan.

P.S How do I find the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back