Might be getting news stuff 12/17/2014

• Thread starter JER_CREST
  • 156 comments
Me too.

Well... If that's all we're going to get, this update is going to suck big time. I don't really care about the VGT's since they're not what I would classify as pretty cars AND they don't have interior views (except the VW). So far the coming update is set to be a massive disappointment for me... What a waste!
the update didn't even come out yet.

the update didn't even come out yet.

Not to mention that we are not even sure if such a thing exists. Yes, there was a Spec 2.0 for GT5 and yes, it changed a lot of things. But the idea of a GT6 Spec 2.0 only exists, so far, in the mind of many. It's okay to believe in that, but without any clear feedback from PD, it can only be considered a utopia for now. Will we have a Spec 2.0? We don't know because PD said nothing about it or its existence.

Not to mention that we are not even sure if such a thing exists. Yes, there was a Spec 2.0 for GT5 and yes, it changed a lot of things. But the idea of a GT6 Spec 2.0 only exists, so far, in the mind of many. It's okay to believe in that, but without any clear feedback from PD, it can only be considered a utopia for now. Will we have a Spec 2.0? We don't know because PD said nothing about it or its existence.
1/ There's going to be an update by the end of the year and that's a FACT.

2/ Who talked about Spec 2.0?The only thing that was mentionned about Spec 2.0 was whether or not the next update will be called 2.0 or 1.15. No one said that it was certain that Spec 2.0 was coming. We are also well aware that PD didn't say anything about Spec 2.0 otherwise a 2.0 thread would be the main discussion right now not a maintenance notification.

1/ There's going to be an update by the end of the year and that's a FACT.

2/ Who talked about Spec 2.0?The only thing that was mentionned about Spec 2.0 was whether or not the next update will be called 2.0 or 1.15. No one said that it was certain that Spec 2.0 was coming. We are also well aware that PD didn't say anything about Spec 2.0 otherwise a 2.0 thread would be the main discussion right now not a maintenance notification.

1) Yes, it is true, we will get an update, that is a fact. It's just I've seen some people who had far too high expectations of a super update. Now they are disapointed because this didn't turn out the way they wanted. We have to face the facts; in PD's world, the most obvious answer is not the right answer. As NABeast said, they could've taken advantage of the 1st year aniversary of GT6 to push the missing features ahead, but they didn't. And now the fanbase is getting even more upset at their decision. And therefore, people who created their own expectations of a "Spec 2.0" are now complaining that their demand has not been answered. Which segues into my next point;

2) I've seen sems4arsenal post, who said, and I quote: "I've given up on Spec 2.0 now". How can you give up on something that hasn't even been announced yet? That's what I was alluding to, that's all. It's just pointless to say such a thing considering everything you and I said about Spec 2.0 existing or not. I was merely refering to sems's post, and if I came out as a bad person refering to an unmentioned name, I apologize.

Last edited:
I think the next "big" update literally has to be Spec 2.0.

If we get the remaining features in 1.15/1.16, what is really left for 2.0?

I don't understand why everyone thinks SPEC 2.0 ?

We have seen with previous updates that the content has nothing to do with the number

Read what I said again and let it sink in.

I'm not saying the next update WILL be 2.0...

If there was ever to be a Spec 2.0 update, it would be the next big one.

If PD are not planning to go as far as 2.0, we may get the remaining features on 1.15/1.16 and then the game will settle there.

Edit: But then again, PD might drag us along for another few months just for a laugh.

Last edited:
I am not singling you :)

It's just that I can't understand the obsession of some members on the SPEC 2.0.
We must forget GT5, PoDi don't work in the same way, at all.

Ok.

Off-topic:

Why do you call them PoDi?

Do you call McDonalds McDo? Burger King BuKi? Or PSN PlStNe?

:lol:

I think part of the obsession is down to @Whistle Snap (the "insider") for getting everybodies hopes up by saying we would get Spec 2.0 in December.

Plus, while PD are unpredictable, there are patterns to their nonsense, 2 full games per platform being one. Perhaps they plan to release 2.0 updates 12 months after initial release of future games incl. GT6, who knows?

It's just that I can't understand the obsession of some members on the SPEC 2.0.
Well...we don't have time to wait... 2015 it will be the last year of GT6...

When Spec 2.0 in GT5 was released, the game was feature complete and nearly bug free. The update included all brand new features and content. We're still waiting for the original advertised content for GT6 and IMO including originally advertised features in 2.0 would be lame and I think PD realizes that as well. I don't think you'll see a 2.0 until Course Maker arrives, if we get a 2.0 at all.

1) Yes, it is true, we will get an update, that is a fact. It's just I've seen some people who had far too high expectations of a super update. Now they are disapointed because this didn't turn out the way they wanted. We have to face the facts; in PD's world, the most obvious answer is not the right answer. As NABeast said, they could've taken advantage of the 1st year aniversary of GT6 to push the missing features ahead, but they didn't. And now the fanbase is getting even more upset at their decision. And therefore, people who created their own expectations of a "Spec 2.0" are now complaining that their demand has not been answered. Which segues into my next point;

2) I've seen sems4arsenal post, who said, and I quote: "I've given up on Spec 2.0 now". How can you give up on something that hasn't even been announced yet? That's what I was alluding to, that's all. It's just pointless to say such a thing considering everything you and I said about Spec 2.0 existing or not. I was merely refering to sems's post, and if I came out as a bad person refering to an unmentioned name, I apologize.
1/ What's wrong with high expectations? maybe everyone else have far too low expectations, but who cares?

Spec 2.0 or even just any other content isn't just something they want it's something they're hoping to get. Just like all those people hoping for B-Spec, if it doesn't come out in the next update they'll be dispointed, it wasn't announced in any updates but they are hoping for it everytime there's going to be an update.

these are not facts these are just how people think PD are thinking, who knows what happens at PD's office?

GT6's 1st year aniversary is exactly why people are/were hoping for Spec 2.0 it came out the 6th but it's still december.

2/ It doesn't need to be annouced for him to hope that it could be Spec 2.0!

He probably said that because he was hoping for something as big as Spec 2.0 in GT5 and seeing what SOME of the content the upcoming update is going to bring probably meant to him that it wouldn't be as big as 2.0 in GT5 therefore 2.0 wouldn't be the upcoming update, because in his mind 2.0 means a big update that'll bring more than seasonal events.

I don't understand why you'd think that no one should hope for something that isn't announced? it's like saying that hoping that after GT7 there's going to be GT8 (even though it's not announced) shouldn't be a reason to hope there's going to be GT8.

Spec 2.0 is something a lot of us were/are hoping for, what's wrong with that? The only thing we will get is probably disappointment if it never comes out but so what? I don't see what's wrong with hoping for a second.

Then again, there's nothing wrong with hoping.

1/ What's wrong with high expectations? maybe everyone else have far too low expectations, but who cares?

Spec 2.0 or even just any other content isn't just something they want it's something they're hoping to get. Just like all those people hoping for B-Spec, if it doesn't come out in the next update they'll be dispointed, it wasn't announced in any updates but they are hoping for it everytime there's going to be an update.

these are not facts these are just how people think PD are thinking, who knows what happens at PD's office?

GT6's 1st year aniversary is exactly why people are/were hoping for Spec 2.0 it came out the 6th but it's still december.

2/ It doesn't need to be annouced for him to hope that it could be Spec 2.0!

He probably said that because he was hoping for something as big as Spec 2.0 in GT5 and seeing what SOME of the content the upcoming update is going to bring probably meant to him that it wouldn't be as big as 2.0 in GT5 therefore 2.0 wouldn't be the upcoming update, because in his mind 2.0 means a big update that'll bring more than seasonal events.

I don't understand why you'd think that no one should hope for something that isn't announced? it's like saying that hoping that after GT7 there's going to be GT8 (even though it's not announced) shouldn't be a reason to hope there's going to be GT8.

Spec 2.0 is something a lot of us were/are hoping for, what's wrong with that? The only thing we will get is probably disappointment if it never comes out but so what? I don't see what's wrong with hoping for a second.

Then again, there's nothing wrong with hoping.

Fair enough, I'm aware that what I said was probably not the wisest thing. I misinterpreted some words and gave a wrong idea because of it. You are correct when saying "there's nothing wrong with hoping", one has the right to hope for his\hers dreams\desires to come true. Indeed, one can hope for a Spec 2.0 one day, all I'll say is to be careful when doing so to avoid bigger disapointment.

Again, if I offended anyone, I apolgise. I rushed my opinion, and didn't think through what I've said.

Fair enough, I'm aware that what I said was probably not the wisest thing. I misinterpreted some words and gave a wrong idea because of it. You are correct when saying "there's nothing wrong with hoping", one has the right to hope for his\hers dreams\desires to come true. Indeed, one can hope for a Spec 2.0 one day, all I'll say is to be careful when doing so to avoid bigger disapointment.

Again, if I offended anyone, I apolgise. I rushed my opinion, and didn't think through what I've said.
Exactly, but when we hope we're taking the risk to be disapointed.

I don't think anyone got offended by what you said, don't worry. ;)

I was hoping that pd would of came out with a update a couple of weeks ago to fix some of the issues that players are having right now but they never did. As for this update I see us getting 2 VGT cars and maybe b spec or course maker along with a few other small things. I could care less about bspec being added to gt6 because it won't be no point in using it unless they add endurance races with the bspec in this update. But I doubt it. I mean seriously what are you going to use it for (unless they add endurance races like I just said) I don't see myself using it for career mode because first of all I beat the career mode already and second of all it's not that it's any long races in the career mode on gt6. 24 minutes of lemans and that's pretty much it even though that's not nothing to me. I was just throwing my opinion out there about that feature. But anyway I would love the course maker. :D Also I wouldn't mind if pd can release the GT app really soon.

I was hoping that pd would of came out with a update a couple of weeks ago to fix some of the issues that players are having right now but they never did. As for this update I see us getting 2 VGT cars and maybe b spec or course maker along with a few other small things. I could care less about bspec being added to gt6 because it won't be no point in using it unless they add endurance races with the bspec in this update. But I doubt it. I mean seriously what are you going to use it for (unless they add endurance races like I just said) I don't see myself using it for career mode because first of all I beat the career mode already and second of all it's not that it's any long races in the career mode on gt6. 24 minutes of lemans and that's pretty much it even though that's not nothing to me. I was just throwing my opinion out there about that feature. But anyway I would love the course maker. :D Also I wouldn't mind if pd can release the GT app really soon.
Me too, B-Spec would be another useless thing that would take some memory out of my PS3 for no reason just like the VGT vids. I'd rather have the ability to exchange cars and paints with friends back. And maybe have more than 500 cars in my garage. haha

Me too, B-Spec would be another useless thing that would take some memory out of my PS3 for no reason just like the VGT vids. I'd rather have the ability to exchange cars and paints with friends back. And maybe have more than 500 cars in my garage. haha
Ehm VGT video and B spec use no memory more than normal game (actually a ot less) you are mixing SPACE (on disk) and MEMORY (RAM)...

Talking about those that can see in the code;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143422993&postcount=7914

snow at SSR7 and Spa possible. The weather system PD has ready must be pretty more advanced than what ps3 uses if it auto sets to rain to snow with temperature dinamically
Sing it with me: I'm dreaming of a white racetrack
Just like the rally ones I used to know
Where the racing line glistens
and drivers listen
to hear wipeouts in the snow

All Together now! I'm dreaming of a white racetrack
with every forum post I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your course-created-tracks be white
(repeat above)
*cue PD's Christmas music mod*

Sing it with me: I'm dreaming of a white racetrack
Just like the rally ones I used to know
Where the racing line glistens
and drivers listen
to hear wipeouts in the snow

All Together now! I'm dreaming of a white racetrack
with every forum post I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your course-created-tracks be white
(repeat above)
*cue PD's Christmas music mod*

Sir, you win the Internets today for those great lyrics. :lol:

Speaking of Xmas music, could this new update come with Christmas music for our listening pleasure? Since it might come on the 17th... 💡

Thank you, thank you very much

Actually, you inspired me to do one of these for the other thing coming in this update :lol::

People are often told,
about the two arrows of the night.
One white as snow, quite bold;
the other one was silver, shined bright.

The white arrow was crazy, have no doubt;
People only had one shout.
The shout was shocking as a taser,
The shout that was simply known as "Laser!"

The silver arrow was more the elegant men's;
not quite the bold stunt.
Some were quite blunt;
They said it looked like a Benz.

People are often told,
about the arrows of the night.
Once visions of men,
now the reality that shines bright.

Ehm VGT video and B spec use no memory more than normal game (actually a ot less) you are mixing SPACE (on disk) and MEMORY (RAM)...
I have no idea how it works but some people on here were complaining about how being forced to download VGTs vids took a lot of memory on their PS3.

Talking about those that can see in the code;

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143422993&postcount=7914

snow at SSR7 and Spa possible. The weather system PD has ready must be pretty more advanced than what ps3 uses if it auto sets to rain to snow with temperature dinamically

Anybody tested it with other weather enabled tracks? I'm sure it'll work on all of them if you have the patience to cycle through the temps.

I forgot to post the Spa snow shots in that thread:

granturismo6_519usp.jpg

granturismo6_3feslf.jpg

Doesn't look that impressive day or night compared to SS7.

granturismo6_9mdjr8.jpg

granturismo6_154je2.jpg

I don't see why we can't still get a Spec 2.0 update with GT6, just not this month...

It seems that there's still a lot left to do with GT6, considering a few major planned features still haven't been added. And Kaz made comments about the course creator being "in beta" - it wouldn't make sense to say that to the public and then cancel it's release without a formal notification. I could see the either final few features being added in a "blowout"-style Spec 2.0 update, or after all of the previously-planned stuff gets in, Spec 2.0 will come in introducing all sorts of stuff outside of the promised-update content, similar to GT5. It doesn't necessarily have to fall under the anniversary month.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it mentioned at the Ask Me Anything (or some other panel) at Playstation Experience that there was a decent amount of content still due for GT6, including a track or two? Or was all of the commentary relating to GT7?

I think a large batch of content and/or Spec 2.0 is still gonna happen, just not now, or perhaps a in few updates.

Last edited:

It's just that with no GT7 news this year, some (me included) expected PD to release the course maker and B spec along side new cars in spec 2.

Back