Motor City Tunes GT6

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition '00
515PP, 396HP, 1113kg

14346532063_18c26ff153_z.jpg

This tune was built for the FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-sign-ups-are-permitted-please-readop.308790/

These tune settings are for the Street Racer class at Autumn Ring. A tire change and one tuning change is allowed between the two tracks in the competition. The changes are in bold below.

Pit Service
none

Installed Parts
Sports Medium Tires

Front Aero Kit A
Einkei RC-T4 Rims in standard size
Fully Customizable Suspension
Standard Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Normal AYC Controller
Triple-Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque-Distributing Center Differential
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Standard Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
Normal Turbo Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Autumn Ring Tune
Ride Height 100/90
Springs 7.25/9.00
Dampers Compression 2/7
Dampers Extension 10/5
Anti-Roll Bars 2/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.12/+0.02
Brake balance 3/3
AYC Controller 32
Front/Rear Torque Split 50:50
Downforce 0/0
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 58:42
Power Level 96.9%

Transmission
Final Gear to 6.000
Top Speed to 112 (never change this number past this point)
1st gear 2.625
2nd gear 1.900
3rd gear 1.520
4th gear 1.275
5th gear 1.100
6th gear 0.975
Final gear 4.300 (change this number to get the 6th gear to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Last edited:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR T.M. Edition '00
515PP, 396HP, 1113kg

14139727350_3246a74cb2_z.jpg

This tune was built for the FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...-sign-ups-are-permitted-please-readop.308790/

These tune settings are for the Street Racer class at Stowe with 100% surface water and zero weather changeability. A tire change and one tuning change is allowed between the two tracks in the competition. The changes are in bold below.

Pit Service
none

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires

Front Aero Kit A
Einkei RC-T4 Rims in standard size
Standard Brakes
Normal AYC Controller
Triple-Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Sports Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
Normal Turbo Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 100/90
Springs 7.25/9.00
Dampers Compression 2/7
Dampers Extension 10/5
Anti-Roll Bars 2/7
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.12/+0.02
Brake balance 3/1
AYC Controller 32
Downforce 0/0
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 96.9%

Transmission
Final Gear to 6.000
1st gear 2.625
2nd gear 1.900
3rd gear 1.520
4th gear 1.275
5th gear 1.100
6th gear 0.975
Final gear 4.300 (change this number to get the 6th gear to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza Rally Car Prototype '01
557PP, 500HP, 1250kg

14139679709_15fff24ff7_z.jpg

This tune was built for the FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle! https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...-sign-ups-are-permitted-please-readop.308790/

These tune settings are for the Pro Spec Rally Cross class the Streets of Willow Springs. A tire change and one tuning change is allowed between the two tracks in the competition. The changes are in bold below.

Pit Service
none

Installed Parts
Racing Hard Tires

Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Standard Clutch
Standard Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Standard Computer
Racing Exhaust
Standard Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
Mid Range Turbo Kit
Standard Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Standard Windows

Streets of Willow Springs Tune
Ride Height 118/120
Springs 7.00/6.50
Dampers Compression 3/2
Dampers Extension 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars 2/1
Camber 1.5/1.2
Toe +0.05/+0.17
Brake balance 4/3
LSD Front 15/15/10
LSD Rear 14/12/12
Downforce 150/350
Ballast 25
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 99.0%

Transmission (set after all power upgrades have been installed)
Final Gear to 6.000
1st gear 2.500
2nd gear 1.775
3rd gear 1.415
4th gear 1.185
5th gear 1.025
6th gear 0.915
Final gear 4.725 (change this number to get the 6th gear to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza Rally Car Prototype '01
557PP, 500HP, 1250kg

14303202566_5c6c0aebf0_z.jpg

These tune settings are for the Pro Spec Rally Cross class at Eiger Nordwand W Trail. A tire change and one tuning change is allowed between the two tracks in the competition. The changes are in bold below.

Pit Service
none

Installed Parts
Dirt Tires

Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Standard Clutch
Standard Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Standard Computer
Racing Exhaust
Standard Catalytic Converter
Standard Intake
Mid Range Turbo Kit
Standard Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Standard Windows

Eiger Nordwand W Trail Tune
Ride Height 118/120
Springs 7.00/6.50
Dampers Compression 3/2
Dampers Extension 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars 2/1
Camber 1.5/1.2
Toe +0.05/+0.17
Brake balance 4/3
LSD Front 15/15/10
LSD Rear 14/12/12
Downforce 150/350
Ballast 25
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 99.0%

Transmission (set after all power upgrades have been installed)
Final Gear to 6.000
1st gear 2.500
2nd gear 1.775
3rd gear 1.415
4th gear 1.185
5th gear 1.025
6th gear 0.915
Final gear 5.500 (change this number to get the 6th gear to hit red line at the end of the longest straight)

Last edited:
WOW! those are some great tunes, but most of my online racing is in the 400to420pp range on the nurburgring and the nurburgring type V. Do you have tunes in that PO range. Again Thanx for your help

Sorry about the typo it's not PO. It's supposed to be pp range. I'm not racing in any class, it's mostly friends in the 2 to 8 lap range. But they are smoking my ass by 15 seconds or better

WOW! those are some great tunes, but most of my online racing is in the 400to420pp range on the nurburgring and the nurburgring type V. Do you have tunes in that PO range. Again Thanx for your help

Those were not specifically for you. They are for a competition that I am entering.

Clueless Tunes does a lot of cars around 400pp. There are multiple tuners in that garage, so they may be quicker to get you started. Here is a link to their garage. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/clueless-over-the-hill-outlaws-op-updated-18-03-14.291743/

Here are some of my FF tunes:
Ford Focus ST - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-2#post-9100875
VW Scirocco R '10 - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-7#post-9218725
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-15#post-9579330
Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model '08 - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-15#post-9579362

There are also 26 FF tunes from the FITT Hot Hatch Challenge https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nge-final-results-are-in.306740/#post-9546157

Are you working with a specific car right now?

Last edited:
Hello,Hami;Thanks for your Tunes and Tuning Guide:tup: But I still need you help, 475PP 350PS 1300kg SH roadcar(can not use NSX ,Elies 111R and like Amuse ,HKS) in Trial Mountain ,it's the Rule.I use Lotus Evora by 1.37.226 hear is my tuning:
Evora 09
475pp ,308hp,1300kg with G27

Pit Service
Oil Change
Front Aero A
Rear Wing A

Installed Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Catalytic Converter Sports
Weight Reduction Stage3

TuneRide Height 96/95
Springs 5.5/12.00
Dampers Compression 1/4
Dampers Extension 2/5
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.15
Brake balance 4/4
LSD 9/13/9
Ballast 197
Ballast Position -40
Weight Distribution 47/53
Power Level 99.4%
Downforce 0/5

TransmissionFinal Gear to 5.000
Top Speed to 112
1st gear 2.557
2nd gear 1.996
3rd gear 1.605
4th gear 1.320
5th gear 1.125
6th gear 0.968
Final gear 4.100
Can you help me ,please.:bowdown:

Hello,Hami;Thanks for your Tunes and Tuning Guide:tup: But I still need you help, 475PP 350PS 1300kg SH roadcar(can not use NSX ,Elies 111R and like Amuse ,HKS) in Trial Mountain ,it's the Rule.I use Lotus Evora by 1.37.226 hear is my tuning:
Evora 09
475pp ,308hp,1300kg with G27
Can you help me ,please.:bowdown:

Maybe. What does the car do well right now and where is it slower than can be. Please walk me through a lap.

Trialmountain.jpg

Turn one and two: Oversteer, understeer or just perfect? Predictable or very unstable on transition?

Turn three: Oversteer, understeer or just perfect?

Turn four: Behavior under hard braking, stable or unstable? At turn in, understeer, oversteer or just perfect? Same for mid corner and exit, how does the car travel through this corner. This is an important turn to carry speed through.
Turn five: Behavior over the bump and into under hard braking, stable or unstable? At understeer, oversteer or just perfect?

Turns six and seven: Understeer is common through this section. Lots of time can be gained here if you have a car that can hug the inside of turn seven. How does the car behave here?

Turn eight: Is very important. Oversteer, understeer or just perfect? Any bad habits on entry, mid-corner or exit?

Turn nine: Oversteer, understeer or just perfect? Understeer is common here.

Turn ten, eleven and twelve: Does the car transition well through this right, left, hard right section over the hill? You should be able to stand on the brakes over that little hill at the top of eleven and have the car be stable in a straight line.

Turn thirteen: Oversteer, understeer or just perfect? Oversteer on exit is somewhat common here.

Turns fourteen and fifteen: Can you get through here without using brakes, just by lifting off the throttle for a bit? If not, why not.

Help me to understand what the car does well for your driving and where you would like it to be better. Then I can make some suggestions.

Keith

Maybe. What does the car do well right now and where is it slower than can be. Please walk me through a lap.

Trialmountain.jpg

Turn one and two: Oversteer, understeer or just perfect? Predictable or very unstable on transition?

Turn four: Behavior under hard braking, stable or unstable? At turn in, understeer, oversteer or just perfect? Same for mid corner and exit, how does the car travel through this corner. This is an important turn to carry speed through.
Turn five: Behavior over the bump and into under hard braking, stable or unstable? At understeer, oversteer or just perfect?

Turns six and seven: Understeer is common through this section. Lots of time can be gained here if you have a car that can hug the inside of turn seven. How does the car behave here?

Turn eight: Is very important. Oversteer, understeer or just perfect? Any bad habits on entry, mid-corner or exit?

Turn ten, eleven and twelve: Does the car transition well through this right, left, hard right section over the hill? You should be able to stand on the brakes over that little hill at the top of eleven and have the car be stable in a straight line.

Turn thirteen: Oversteer, understeer or just perfect? Oversteer on exit is somewhat common here.

Turns fourteen and fifteen: Can you get through here without using brakes, just by lifting off the throttle for a bit? If not, why not.

Help me to understand what the car does well for your driving and where you would like it to be better. Then I can make some suggestions.

Keith
Well done Hami 👍

This is the perfect way to diagnose what a car is doing around a track.
By breaking it down into segments, you can perform what I call 'time and motion' studies.
As long as you have a consistent driver to work with, you're able to turn a horror into a dream.

Trialmountain.jpg

Keith

OH,Yes,I go to two lap(start to end):P
Turn one: 1 lap a little understeer/stable;2 lap more understeer/stable.
Turn two: 1 lap stable;2 lap unstable.
Turn there: A little understeer(1&2).
Turn four: Behavior under hard braking is unstable. At turn in, it’s perfect. When I exit ,a little understeer.
Turn five: Hard braking is stable and alittle understeer.
Turn six and seven: Just perfect.
Turn eight: In entry(perfect),mid-corner and exit is understeer(mid-corner a little unstable).
Turn nine: Just perfect.
Turn ten, eleven and twelve: The car section over the hill ;In twelve exit is understeer.
Turn thirteen: Understeer when exit.
Turn fourteen and fifteen: I have to use the brakes; Fourteen is understeer; Fifteen is unstable in mid-corner and oversteer to exit
And,I hope sensitive front and rear relatively stable;Do you have any ideas ? Thanks:D

For me it's my driving. The tunes are great, I can't drive for ****. I get my doors blown off by people who have the same tune I do. I'm losing speed in the turns or I wipe out.

To make it more frustrating I don't know how to even begin how to tune a car from scratch let alone drive it or tell what the car is doing. All I know is that its too slow and won't turn. Dang

this is infomative for sure,but i dont want to spend the rest of my life just trying to tune a car.im running an 89 mx5 miata 450pp on sports hard.no matter what i do the car just slides all over the place and breaks the tires when i get on the gas.im doing online racing at nurburg type v

OH,Yes,I go to two lap(start to end):P
Turn one: 1 lap a little understeer/stable;2 lap more understeer/stable.
Turn two: 1 lap stable;2 lap unstable.
Turn there: A little understeer(1&2).
Turn four: Behavior under hard braking is unstable. At turn in, it’s perfect. When I exit ,a little understeer.
Turn five: Hard braking is stable and alittle understeer.
Turn six and seven: Just perfect.
Turn eight: In entry(perfect),mid-corner and exit is understeer(mid-corner a little unstable).
Turn nine: Just perfect.
Turn ten, eleven and twelve: The car section over the hill ;In twelve exit is understeer.
Turn thirteen: Understeer when exit.
Turn fourteen and fifteen: I have to use the brakes; Fourteen is understeer; Fifteen is unstable in mid-corner and oversteer to exit
And,I hope sensitive front and rear relatively stable;Do you have any ideas ? Thanks:D

Sorry that I haven't had time to get to is yet. I am on holiday with the family. To my fellow tuners, please feel free to offer up some advice in my absence.

this is infomative for sure,but i dont want to spend the rest of my life just trying to tune a car.im running an 89 mx5 miata 450pp on sports hard.no matter what i do the car just slides all over the place and breaks the tires when i get on the gas.im doing online racing at nurburg type v

So which Miata tunes have you tried? There are a few links on page one of this thread. There was also a FITT tuning competition all about Miata. You could check out that thread and try literally dozens of different Miata tunes from this sites top tuners. There are no shortage of Miata tunes available. It will just take some effort to try a few of them.

Sorry that I haven't had time to get to is yet. I am on holiday with the family. To my fellow tuners, please feel free to offer up some advice in my absence.
I'm sure you'll be answer their question/solve the problem, in detail, when you get back. Have a great holiday and enjoy the fun with the family!

It doesn't matter,enjoy the fun with the family!:P

I'm sure you'll be answer their question/solve the problem, in detail, when you get back. Have a great holiday and enjoy the fun with the family!
ye.:D

Dropped by to tell you thanks for your tuning guide.👍👍 Praiano had the link to your guide and I'm very glad to have found it. This is something that should go into GTPedia. I really like your approach to tuning. I did fine with GT5 but GT6 changed the spring rate from pounds to this kg/nm or something like that. I found a spring rate converter but it still is hit or miss. So thanks again for the great guide. I can tell you put in a lot of time and thought into it. :cheers:

Hi mr motor city. I've been looking at your Mazda roadster touring car. Are the down force settings correct at 200/200? :rolleyes:
I only get 200/205.
Thanks M.

KTM X-Bow Street '12
550PP, 300hp, 800kg
Paint: Spirited Green Metallic

12006504933_aa5d102e93_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

Tune built for the 550PP Seasonal, Two-Wheel Drive European Non-Race Car Super Lap Time Trial at Ascari Full Track. July 2, 2014 through July 30, 2014

This car has changed so much between game update 1.08 and 1.09. It handles much more poorly now. In 1.08, a tune close to the stock settings was good enough. For 1.09, this tune took much more time and effort to become this good.

Tuning notes listed in the post below. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/motor-city-tunes-gt6.291066/page-16#post-9871013

Pit Service
No Oil Change
Front aero, for looks
Stock rims

Installed Parts
Sport Hard Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Weight Reduction Stage 3

Tune
Ride Height 72/75
Springs 4.50/8.00
Dampers Compression 3/2
Dampers Extension 4/7
Anti-Roll Bars 3/2
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe +0.12/+0.15
Brake balance 6/5
LSD 15/8/17
Ballast 50
Ballast Position -35
Weight Distribution 42:58
Power Level 98.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 112 (never change again after this)
1st gear 2.850
2nd gear 2.000
3rd gear 1.540
4th gear 1.265
5th gear 1.085
6th gear 0.970
Final gear 4.200 (adjust this for top speed at end of longest straight)

Last edited:
X-Bow Tuning Notes (for tune in previous post)

I thought that I would open up my tuning notes due to a recent question in the forums. This is how I approach building a tune from scratch.

1. Default settings (not PDs, my own)
2. Transmission
3. LSD tuning
4. Ballast tuning
5. Springs
6. Dampers
7. Toe and camber
8. Fine tuning, usually one more time through most settings trying up or down a few numbers based upon my tuning guide.

My Default Setting:
Ride Height 75/75 (stock)
Springs 4.00/8.50 (stock)
Dampers Compression 3/3 (stock)
Dampers Extension 3/3 (stock)
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3 (stock)
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe 0.00/0.00
Brake balance 5/5
LSD 12/12/12
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Weight Distribution 40:60

Massive exit oversteer, starting right after weight transfer and gets increasingly worse all the way through corner exit. It does not seem to be totally throttle induced. Even on high speed corners where exit leads to a slower corner, so little throttle is applied, the condition is there. The car is a terrible drive and out of control.

- Camber to 1.5/1.5 = I tested this just because of the new 1.09 physics. Camber did little to help the situation. The car is so terrible that I cannot tell if camber made things worse or just kept things just as awful.

- LSD to 14/10/15 = a car that I can almost drive without spinning out. This was a big improvement, but the car is still way to easy to lose the rear from mid-corner to exit.

- Ballast from 0@0 to 50kg at -35 position and 42:48 weight distribution = This is enough tuning to easily gold this time trial event. I can now complete laps with the car but with very little confidence on corner exit. The rear still kicks out passing mid-corner, but with just LSD and Ballast tuned, I can at least catch the car when it misbehaves.

- Springs to 5.00/8.00 looking for less mid-corner steering and more rear grip = this helped the exit oversteer problem, but hurt turn in and mid-corner. The car now has an ok entry, a lazy push mid-corner and still has exit oversteer.

- Springs to 4.50/8.00 and dampers adjusted to DC 4/2 and DE 4/4 = a car that I can now push hard. A little tame on entry and still loose on exit but very driveable.

- Fine tuning over a series of runs - LSD to 15/9/15, DC 3/2, DE 4/5, ARB 3/2 and toe to 0.0/+0.10 = A pretty good car, but still with that bad habit of very late corner exit oversteer. If this tune is going to be really fast, it needs help late exit.

- Toe to +0.10/+0.12 = as I expected, the positive front toe number made the car more aggressive on corner entry and more tame on corner exit. The increase in positive rear toe also helped rear grip once weight had transferred. These settings still work the same 1.08 and 1.09.

- Toe to +0.12/+0.15 = more of the same in the right direction. Over this amount was starting to create a little understeer mid-corner. This setting will probably remain the best.

- Looking to gain late corner exit rear grip without hurting entry and mid-corner.

- LSD to 15/8/15 = This LSD change really helped calm the exit oversteer. There is still some. I also kind of lost a little steering mid-corner to late exit. Need to get that back.

-Dampers to DC 3/2, DE to 4/6, ARB to 4/2 = attempting to hold both front and rear down to keep the good behavior from mid-corner working all the way through exit. This did exactly what I wanted in the medium speed and high speed corners, but it really hurt the low speed corners with additional exit oversteer.

- Damper DE to 4/7, ARB back to 3/2 = a strong car now and pretty fun to drive. A bit of helpful lift off drift into the corner, but it can catch you out.

-Ride height to 70/75 = as expected, reduced front grip which calmed down the exit oversteer issue. RH seems to work as programmed, but backward to real world physics.

- Ride Height to 72/75 = spot on.

- LSD to 15/8/17 = made the entry drift more in control. It is still useful to gain car rotation, but it is faster because you are able to drive more smoothly.

- Brake Balance to 6/5 = just to calm it a little more on entry.

That's it. This is where I am stopping with this tune. It is fast and fun to drive and the settings are no longer bringing back significant gains.

Questions or comments?

Last edited:
What's your default? I usually do first few laps with stock/default and then start with LSD -> springs ->transmission and then same order as you.

SRT Viper GTS '13
628PP, 750HP, 1300kg

14641098625_18a678da6d.jpg

This tune was built for the FITT Viper Strike Tuning Challenge at Trial Mountain Circuit
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rike-tuning-deadline-monday-july-14th.313006/

14454791747_bbdcf00ec1_z.jpg

A note to the test drivers: If you are not man enough to stand on the gas from apex to exit with this 750 hp tune, then please, promptly turn in the keys along with your man card and enter racing retirement. Thank you.

Pit Service
none

Custom Parts
Sports Soft Tires
Front Aero Kit A
Flat Floors
Rear Wing Custom Wing - Type B (just for looks)
BBS RE-MG 1 " up rims
Body Paint Spirited Green Metallic
Rim Paint Brilliant Black

Installed Parts
Sport Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Drive Shaft
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood (body color)
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 115/100
Springs 6.75/7.50
Dampers Compression 1/3
Dampers Extension 9/3
Anti-Roll Bars 2/3
Camber 0.0/0.2
Toe -0.17/+0.02
Brake balance 4/5
LSD 15/10/15
Downforce 0/5
Ballast 55
Ballast Position -42
Weight Distribution 52:48
Power Level 99.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.000
Top Speed to 149 (never change again after this)
1st gear 2.575
2nd gear 1.800
3rd gear 1.380
4th gear 1.120
5th gear 0.950
6th gear 0.850
Final gear 3.900 (adjust this for top speed at end of longest straight)

Tuning notes: I went with higher ride height and soft springs for the bumps of Trial Mountain. The LSD, Ballast and Dampers are really the key to this tune. I found the largest gains with these three settings. I also set 2nd gear as tall as I could to compensate for the high horsepower and sport tires. This should help reduce wheel spin coming out of slower corners.

I also spent considerable time testing camber. There was a clear progression between 0/0 and 2/2. The lap time dropped with each increment of camber added and the steering angle increased in the data logger. I am still a believer in zero camber is faster, no matter what theory anyone wants to use to describe it. In my opinion, if you want to be faster, run zero camber or something very close to it.

Last edited:
Back