Motor City Tunes GT6

what you're saying is moving that gear's slider to the left makes it longer and I suppose, conversely, moving it to the right would make it shorter. Do I have that right?

I'm still not clear on how the relationships to the other gears comes into play, and how what the even spacing accomplishes either

Yes, moving the slider to the left (a smaller number) is like moving to smaller gears on the wheel of a bicycle. You need fewer revolutions to go the same distance, but it is harder to pedal. This will move the shift point at red line to a higher MPH. I use this for three things, actually. One is to remove the need for a 2nd to 3rd shift point out of a set of esses. Two is to remove the need for a shift point right at the end of a shorter straight, usually 4 to 5th right before a braking zone. The third use for a taller gear is on higher HP cars for coming out of tight 2nd gear corners. 2nd gear becomes so important for a good launch without spinning the rear tires. Getting this right on the higher powered race cars will make your straight line speeds much better.

an even distribution of gears without gaps that would cause rpm to change a lot when shifting up (rpm drop) or down (overrev).
S.

Right. Thanks for adding. I didn't answer that part of his question. I agree with this. If you set your shift points to be at predictable intervals, it is much easier to get into a groove when driving. I don't have to watch for shift points anymore, I just have to listen and it almost becomes a natural theme when going up through the gears. Braaa ckick, braaa click, braa click, not, braaaaa click, bra click, braaa click, br click.

Hey guys thanks for the great responses!

So, one more question... regarding the concept of wheel spin. Does excess wheel spin correspond to the tire "turning red" in the indicators on the screen? In other words when you say "if the inside while spins first" does that mean the same as "inside wheel turns red" or does it work opposite?

For the most part yes. But think of it this way...the wheel loses grip. I like to think of it that way because when I think of spin I think acceleration. I think the tire spins out because of loss of traction. If I'm coming around a turn and just coasting into it and the wheel turns red that's more "slide" and yes, I'll turn down the decel but I also may need to adjust springs/camber/dampers or roll bars.

Hey guys thanks for the great responses!

So, one more question... regarding the concept of wheel spin. Does excess wheel spin correspond to the tire "turning red" in the indicators on the screen? In other words when you say "if the inside while spins first" does that mean the same as "inside wheel turns red" or does it work opposite?
If you want to see how much this can impede your performance, do the International B mission race 'Old V New' in the Muira where you give the Gallardo a 3 second start. Very difficult to get gold if you mash the throttle from the standing start - but a doddle if you get off the line well. Do both and check out the replays - quite an eye-opener. :)

Last edited:
Having yet another debate about backwards settings here. Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione: Hot Lap

What do you think? I myself have not experienced this.

So we are back to ride heights being backward? I am just not there yet. I am currently tuning a tricky set of muscle cars. You still have to get the LSD right first. Some posts in the linked thread are talking about using LSD accel at 50 and 60 and initial torque up in those levels too. So starting with LSD accel at anything higher than 15 and you are adding outside wheel spin and a loose condition on exit. Then putting LSD initial at higher than ten and you are adding understeer, a complete offset to the LSD accel condition. So then they go further and are trying to use drastic measures to recover that lost steering. In my opinion they are using conflicting, opposed settings that makes tuning even more difficult.

Here is what I am finding on some very difficult American Muscle cars. They are liking these LSD ranges:
LSD Initial 10 to 15.
LSD Accel 9 to 12.
LSD Decel 15 to 30.
I have one car where I set up the LSD, slapped on the customizable suspension and the car is near perfect. I made very small changes to the suspension and picked up lap time gains.

I have been playing with ride height a bit. I need to do more wide split testing, but for most tracks, slammed at either end seems to be bad. Back to the muscle cars. I started at the stock height and just started to lower the rear. Rear stability picked up through most of the turn. I kept adding until I had the balance that I wanted (about ten points apart) so then I started dropping the car by five at both ends. There is a point where the rear got too low and I could immediately sense the loss of grip and a kid of snap loose situation. I think that is the point where bottoming out is occurring, though not visible in the replay, so maybe there is another situation. The in-game description mentions that when lowering the car we need to add spring rate to make up for the shorter suspension travel. Maybe lowering the car also shortens the shock throw? This would take away up travel (i.e., hit a bump and the shock compresses, then on extension the tire stops before the chassis does). This condition would remove the tire from the road or at least unload it and reduce grip. So it may work to encourage rotation, but I say why is that considered backward programming? That seems pretty real world to me. Slam the rear of a car super low, drastically shorten the shock throw, stiffen the spring and lose a ton of up travel. That would cause a wheel to unload, especially the inside rear. Combined with super high LSD accel numbers and the car should snap loose.

I remain convinced that if you take the time to get the LSD right, you can maintain higher grip levels on both front and rear and have increase overall corner speeds. I am not a fan of cranking one setting up super high, then cranking another setting in the opposite grip direction and finally gaming the system to force the rear wheels off the ground to lose grip. Again, I cannot find the backward programming in that. Just my opinion.

So we are back to ride heights being backward? I am just not there yet. I am currently tuning a tricky set of muscle cars. You still have to get the LSD right first. Some posts in the linked thread are talking about using LSD accel at 50 and 60 and initial torque up in those levels too. So starting with LSD accel at anything higher than 15 and you are adding outside wheel spin and a loose condition on exit. Then putting LSD initial at higher than ten and you are adding understeer, a complete offset to the LSD accel condition. So then they go further and are trying to use drastic measures to recover that lost steering. In my opinion they are using conflicting, opposed settings that makes tuning even more difficult.

Here is what I am finding on some very difficult American Muscle cars. They are liking these LSD ranges:
LSD Initial 10 to 15.
LSD Accel 9 to 12.
LSD Decel 15 to 30.
I have one car where I set up the LSD, slapped on the customizable suspension and the car is near perfect. I made very small changes to the suspension and picked up lap time gains.

I have been playing with ride height a bit. I need to do more wide split testing, but for most tracks, slammed at either end seems to be bad. Back to the muscle cars. I started at the stock height and just started to lower the rear. Rear stability picked up through most of the turn. I kept adding until I had the balance that I wanted (about ten points apart) so then I started dropping the car by five at both ends. There is a point where the rear got too low and I could immediately sense the loss of grip and a kid of snap loose situation. I think that is the point where bottoming out is occurring, though not visible in the replay, so maybe there is another situation. The in-game description mentions that when lowering the car we need to add spring rate to make up for the shorter suspension travel. Maybe lowering the car also shortens the shock throw? This would take away up travel (i.e., hit a bump and the shock compresses, then on extension the tire stops before the chassis does). This condition would remove the tire from the road or at least unload it and reduce grip. So it may work to encourage rotation, but I say why is that considered backward programming? That seems pretty real world to me. Slam the rear of a car super low, drastically shorten the shock throw, stiffen the spring and lose a ton of up travel. That would cause a wheel to unload, especially the inside rear. Combined with super high LSD accel numbers and the car should snap loose.

I remain convinced that if you take the time to get the LSD right, you can maintain higher grip levels on both front and rear and have increase overall corner speeds. I am not a fan of cranking one setting up super high, then cranking another setting in the opposite grip direction and finally gaming the system to force the rear wheels off the ground to lose grip. Again, I cannot find the backward programming in that. Just my opinion.

Your first paragraph is exactly what I have found to be true. Like I said in the linked thread, those that prescribe to that tuning method are only compensating for other parts of the tune that may not be right, ie LSD settings. I follow and use your method of tuning while experimenting with others, including this proposed "backwards" settings, and your way has always been faster, more stable, and better suited to my driving. Like I said, the "nose up, ass down" way of setting up the car is just a very unconventional way of tuning. I do not believe the settings are backwards. Thanks again Hami for your insight, much appreciated. :cheers:

I've had the experience where both rear tires will lose grip simultaneously while entereing a corner. THen I've had it happen on a different car exiting the corner. What's your take and solution on that?

I've had the experience where both rear tires will lose grip simultaneously while entereing a corner. THen I've had it happen on a different car exiting the corner. What's your take and solution on that?

Can you share a bit more information? What car or at least what drive train? What are some of your settings? Do you use a wheel or the DS3? Have you done any mods to your controller? What is your driving style (i.e., aggressive braking/entry, smooth middle, mash the exit or slow in equals fast out)? What type of corner; tight 2nd gear hairpin or a more mid=speed sweeper?

Both rear tires red while entering a corner:
- Does the condition start in the braking zone prior to turn in or only after turn in?
- Is the brake balance toward the rear right now?
- What is your LSD decel current set to?

Both rear wheels turn red on corner exit:
- Is this right as you apply throttle or later toward the corner track out?
- What is your LSD initial set to?
- What tires are you using?
- How much HP does the car have?
- What transmission settings have you changed?
If both wheels spin at the same time during throttle application then LSD accel is set perfectly. It will need something else in the tune to increase rear grip, like:
- Aero
- Toe
- Ride Height
- ARBs
- Springs/Dampers

I am happy to help, but I need a little more to go on.

seb15000 said
salut a vous motor-city,
moi c'est Seb, je suis de France, j'ai essayer quelques uns de vos setup et les trouve excellent !!!
joli et boulot et bravo, impatient de tester votre travail sur GT6
bonne chance pour la suite,
a bientot 👍

Google translated:
hello to you motor-city,
Seb me is, I am in France, I tried some of your setup and find it excellent!
nice job and congratulations and, eager to test your work on GT6
good luck for the future,
has soon

Be careful. Site requests posts all English.

Nunandre translated Google translated
" Hi motor-city
My name is Seb, I´m French, I tried some of your setup and find it excellent!
nice job and congratulations and, eager to test your work on GT6
good luck for the future,
See you soon."

I love what google translator does...NOT

P.S. I´m Portuguese

Edit: Great work Hami, keep it up :bowdown:

NSX Type R '02
470PP, 289hp, 1250kg
Paint: Lime Green Metallic

12006208275_28ee33098d_z.jpg

Tuned with G27 with Nixim Brake Pedal Mod and ABS 1

Tune built for the Acura NSX Super Lap Seasonal at Ascari - January 15, 2014

About the track, I am really liking the Ascari track. It seems to have most corners that you will see on other circuits. This is quickly becoming my favorite track to tune on. I will probably come back to this seasonal this weekend and make effort to drop my times further.

About the tune, I still do not think this tune is perfect. There is more speed there somewhere. In this seasonal I don't get the feel that the car is digging into the pavement. Rather, the car floats across the surface in a light drift. To be fast in this seasonal you are going to have to get accustomed to this drift and tune your car to be in a more controlled slide. If you want to change this drift balance to better fit your driving style, start with moving the ballast. Move to the front to get the front to slide more and move to the rear to get the rear to slide more. If this still isn't enough to fit your driving style, feel free to stop by the garage and ask question. I am always willing to help.

About driving aids, I built this tune without using driving aids then went back with SRF and Active Steering in order to drop my times. Two things. First, the balance of the tune really did not change when I added SRF and again when I added AS. SRF seems to act like the next softer tire. I expected AS to allow for me to build a more tail happy tune and allow the AS to catch it. The issue is that the AS, even set to strong, will catch the car, but little catches seem to be faster than big slide catches. So I went back to the original, no aids tune and went the fastest.

Second about driving aids. Some may try to discredit the tune or my lap time on the basis that I used driving aids. If you do not want to use aids, as mentioned above, the tune balance seems the same no matter which aid I turned on. As for my choice to use them, that is really my choice. I think of it this way. During the traction control era of Formula One, did some teams choose not to use it on the principal of being more authentic? If one team did, how did they perform, how many wins did they get, how many new fans did they acquire? The rules were set for the seasonal and if it is faster to use aids, I am going to do so for the seasonal. When I race online I look for rooms racing on sport tires, a reasonable PP level and only ABS1 allowed.

Pit Service
No Oil Change

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 100/100
Springs 5.50/7.50
Dampers Compression 2/2
Dampers Extension 3/3
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.05/0.25
Brake balance 5/4
LSD 14/12/32
Ballast 110
Ballast Position -25
Weight Distribution 48:52
Power Level 95.0%

Transmission
Final Gear to 5.500
Top Speed to 124
1st gear 3.000
2nd gear 2.100
3rd gear 1.645
4th gear 1.355
5th gear 1.155
6th gear 1.015
Final gear 4.300

Last edited:
VW Scirocco R '10
460PP, 277hp, 1250kg
Paint: Spirited Green Metallic

12006557814_7d7ed15034_z.jpg

Tune built for the VW Scirocco R Super Lap Seasonal at Ascari - January 15, 2014

This tune is a ten minute tune so know that it could be more refined. This is one FF in the game that you can get to rotate, in fact, to over rotate. I tried to balance it for my driving style so if you need help fitting it to yours' I can tell you what I changed to get more or less rotation.

Pit Service
No Oil Change

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Sports Catalytic Converter
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 105/110
Springs 5.50/7.00
Dampers Compression 3/2
Dampers Extension 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.08/-0.12
Brake balance 3/4
LSD 11/14/10
Ballast 95
Ballast Position 13
Weight Distribution 52/48
Power Level 99.2%

Transmission
Final Gear to 6.000
Top Speed to 124
1st gear 2.450
2nd gear 1.675
3rd gear 1.295
4th gear 1.060
5th gear 0.905
6th gear 0.790
Final gear 4.500

Last edited:
Cheers for the tunes Hami, seem to fit me well as always. Only 2 and a half seconds off you on the NSX time trial using your tune. As you said, very balanced without driving aids (only ABS 1) and suits DS3 as well. Looking forward to trying the Scirocco tune.

Used the S2000 for the tour of Japan, it's a shame the performance difference bonus isn't around!! Easy enough wins at 473pp (took the limiter off), kept the comfort softs on. A very good tune.

Same opinion but with the camber bug, it's not very easy to know which tire, in fact, is burning first...
I agree about low LSD setups too. I think there's one "rigth" LSD setup for each car.

So, when do we do our little challenge ? :)

My, oh my... I understand now why you picked her.

On a max setup, she need an 9 initial for +/- 30 accel (I say 29) but 5 initial for x decel (I'm still investigating)... Either I kill decel but she allready brake like a pig...

There is alway using front toe (evil) or abs (evil evil)... There is a trap in that car, you nasty ! :)

Tuning her was unexpected, as she's a 100x posted setup but she is really fun to drive... I think I will post her tomorow.

I think I will choose a Stratos Rally Car (2 mil) with rally susp for dirt maybe, my turn with a nasty car. :) :) :)

Thanks for the tune on the NSX Hami, finally got the gold but I have to admit that I cannot rap my head around the back section of this track. :boggled: Plus an NSX on comfort softs gave me grip fits. Never would have thought to put LSD decel at 32.......what, may I ask led you in that direction, I have never set any higher than 15. Plus I moved the ballast to -35 for my driving style. ON another note, curious about your findings on muscle cars but could you be a little more specific about which cars needed what. There is a big difference between 63 Stingray, 69 Camaro and Chevelle, and I cannot get the 63 AE stingray to handle at all. I seem to lose grip in 3rd and 4th acceleration even on a straight.

Thanks for the tune on the NSX Hami, finally got the gold but I have to admit that I cannot rap my head around the back section of this track. :boggled: Plus an NSX on comfort softs gave me grip fits. Never would have thought to put LSD decel at 32.......what, may I ask led you in that direction, I have never set any higher than 15. Plus I moved the ballast to -35 for my driving style. ON another note, curious about your findings on muscle cars but could you be a little more specific about which cars needed what. There is a big difference between 63 Stingray, 69 Camaro and Chevelle, and I cannot get the 63 AE stingray to handle at all. I seem to lose grip in 3rd and 4th acceleration even on a straight.

LSD decel kicks in when you are off throttle. When the torque changes direction, from forward spinning drive shaft to the opposite force of engine baking, the decel settings kick in. Every time I was on the brakes, at turn in or just lift off of the throttle, this car tried to kick the rear out. Brake balance was a little bit of the answer with higher front than rear. Then I just kept adding more LSD decel until it was controllable on corner entry or when lifting off for any of those lazy esses in the back section.

Stay tuned on Muscle cars. I will be testing more this weekend.

LSD decel kicks in when you are off throttle. When the torque changes direction, from forward spinning drive shaft to the opposite force of engine baking, the decel settings kick in. Every time I was on the brakes, at turn in or just lift off of the throttle, this car tried to kick the rear out. Brake balance was a little bit of the answer with higher front than rear. Then I just kept adding more LSD decel until it was controllable on corner entry or when lifting off for any of those lazy esses in the back section.

Stay tuned on Muscle cars. I will be testing more this weekend.
Thanks for responding and I will stay tuned.......no pun intended.

VW Scirocco R '10
460PP, 277hp, 1250kg
Paint: Spirited Green Metallic

Photo Here

Tune built for the VW Scirocco R Super Lap Seasonal at Ascari - January 15, 2014

This tune is a ten minute tune so know that it could be more refined. This is one FF in the game that you can get to rotate, in fact, to over rotate. I tried to balance it for my driving style so if you need help fitting it to yours' I can tell you what I changed to get more or less rotation.

Pit Service
No Oil Change

Installed Parts
Comfort Soft Tires
Racing Brakes
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Sports Catalytic Converter
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Tune
Ride Height 105/110
Springs 5.50/7.00
Dampers Compression 3/2
Dampers Extension 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars 3/3
Camber 0.0/0.0
Toe -0.08/-0.12
Brake balance 3/4
LSD 11/14/10
Ballast 95
Ballast Position 13
Weight Distribution 52/48
Power Level 99.2%

Transmission
Final Gear to 6.000
Top Speed to 124
1st gear 2.450
2nd gear 1.675
3rd gear 1.295
4th gear 1.060
5th gear 0.905
6th gear 0.790
Final gear 4.500

thank you my friend, with your tune my record lap is 1.23.350 with pad ds3. Fantastic job.

Latest Posts

Back