My Racing Simulation [Build 07]

• Thread starter jujunosuke
  • 860 comments
I just downloaded this today and it is amazing. The Ferrari 355 is my favorite. Please dont stop updating it. Any idea when the next build will be coming?

Last edited:
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of news.
I have a Good and Bad news.

Lets start with the bad one...
I didn't made much progress since last time we talk, as i was so busy with my job and i had difficulty to concentrate on the project..

The good news is that i took vacation and now i am more than motivated to finish that next build in a short amount of time.
This vacation was very beneficial! It gave me a lot of new fresh idea about the project and now i have a clear vision of what i have to do.

Also, i think i found some nice partners that could help me with the project.

See you very very soon.

I can't believe haven't seen this before. It runs fantastic, the presentation is superb, it has decent cars. Handling is a bit iffy for me but it's doable, maybe I need a bit more practice. Also it's nice to see a fellow GT2 fan in here. Hope this project goes really well.

@spencer7x7 Thanks dude!
I am glad that you like it!

Incredible news, i think me and my partner decided about a new name for the game..

Honestly i like it very much.
Can't tell you now but Redline is going to dissapear..
Too much problems with this name.

Oooh, a new name you say?

Well, allow me to say you're not the first ever to think of the name Redline (and Red Line, Red-Line etc.) so I can imagine there's quite a bit of confusion :)

Should be back on doing my part-time job soon too. Exams and preparations for those have just taken up quite some time recently :(

Playing this a bit now. Graphics are nice for one guy, the cars are too slippery.

Playing this a bit now. Graphics are nice for one guy, the cars are too slippery.
Thanks for playing!

Yeah, there was so much changes done since the Build 07.
I think that the cars are a little bit less slippery and have more grip now.

I try to correct the tire model every build.
Cars was handling like **** until Build 06 ^^

Just gave this a try. I may have made the mistake of expecting something that wasn't there, but I tried using ,my wheel and I was in for a interesting time :lol: Find myself unable to configure the pedals, but I was able to configure everything else and when using the wheel, the response relative to the input was abit delayed. I think its a great, just that I was terrible at thinking "Wheel = instant mastery" when this likely hasn't been made with racing wheels in mind.

I noticed I can play this offline or as a member. What do I get if I register as a member? I'm genuinely interested in it.

Just gave this a try. I may have made the mistake of expecting something that wasn't there, but I tried using ,my wheel and I was in for a interesting time :lol: Find myself unable to configure the pedals, but I was able to configure everything else and when using the wheel, the response relative to the input was abit delayed. I think its a great, just that I was terrible at thinking "Wheel = instant mastery" when this likely hasn't been made with racing wheels in mind.

I noticed I can play this offline or as a member. What do I get if I register as a member? I'm genuinely interested in it.
Thanks for your review racecar!
That is right, the wheel is not supported at the moment. But i plan to add it in the future.

Not a huge priority at the moment to be honest..
The PC version will probably not be updated much as i am focusing on the mobile version.

Hum, PC version would take time to make it good.
It need wheel compatibility + force feedback and i need to make a physics update for that.

Would wheel compatibility without force feedback would be ok ?

Also, do you think this game could be accepted on Playstation indie platform or Microsoft indie platform ?
I have no idea...

1 + 2: Wheel compatibility, kill it with fire or simply put it in there without special care, just for the epic complaints (besides, there's already too many games that can only hardly be played without a wheel. Let's return the favor) :lol:

3: Without any kind of knowledge, I'm sure if they like the idea enough they'll consider it :)

Well, about the wheel you have a good argument ^^

I also like the fact that the game is playable with keyboard easily, you can pick it up everywhere you want play.
Anyway.

I have like 13 tasks remaining before release on iOS and Android.
Some of the tasks are huge and some others are finish-able in a day.

Hey guys i need your recommendation on the future gameplay of the mobile version of the game.

I plan to add some events that the user will have to complete in order to progress in the game.
Nothing special, just a lap time challenge with a specific car on a specific racetrack.

But i wonder if this kind of events will be boring for the user if there is no other car on the screen..
Actually i don't have any AI computer cars yet, and i was wondering if i had to add this feature.

One other thing i will add is the ability to challenge other players.
Like A decide to challenge B,
A make its laptime and the result is sent to player B.
Then player B can accept or refuse the challenge.

If Player B accept the challenge, he will be able to see the ghost car of the player A while racing.

What do you guys think ?
Do you guys have any idea of gameplay or challenge for the game considering that i have no AI computer ATM ?

I see what you mean, and that could actually work out well 👍

Also, I don't know if you've noticed, but someone is trying to do the same thing as you, also here on GTP, and I'm sure they've thought their name over and over, it's, ahm, creative and special.

As far as I'm concerned time attack is always a one car on track thing, as you race against the clock.
What I always like is to challenge my own times in a game, meaning: set a time and try to improve on it.

Maybe you can put a challenge in that you have to improve your time three times in a specific number of laps.
I think that can be quite challenging once you've set a really sharp time.

I like the idea of challenging other players.

Very cool thanks for your feedback guys!

The release of the game on iOS and Android will probably be delayed a bit, but for good reasons.
I don't want to release something that looks half finished.

Now that the menus and game logic are done, the next step will be to provide more racetracks, and game contents.
The game physics and controls are getting better and better.
I just implemented the accelerometer. (Not the easiest way to play i think but it was necessary to implement because its quite intuitive for a lof of users).

Need to do some improvements about the sounds and physics.
The car over-steer quite easily, there is no much sensation of under-steer at the moment.

Hope i can post some new screenshots soon ^^

Very cool thanks for your feedback guys!

The release of the game on iOS and Android will probably be delayed a bit, but for good reasons.
I don't want to release something that looks half finished.

Now that the menus and game logic are done, the next step will be to provide more racetracks, and game contents.
The game physics and controls are getting better and better.
I just implemented the accelerometer. (Not the easiest way to play i think but it was necessary to implement because its quite intuitive for a lof of users).

Need to do some improvements about the sounds and physics.
The car over-steer quite easily, there is no much sensation of under-steer at the moment.

Hope i can post some new screenshots soon ^^
Sounds nice! Is there still a PC version developed?

Sounds nice! Is there still a PC version developed?

I think I remember him talking about the PC version being more or less a ported version with a few graphical tweaks here and there 👍

As for the delay, don't worry about it :)

Back