NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think he's never serious....

I'm beginning to think that as well because...

Well I guess we can all agree that the nationwide cars are the ugliest looking stock cars ever.

...Just isn't true.

2010-daytona-june-nns-practice-26-car-parker-kligerman-on-track.jpg

normal_2010_nascar_mustang_010.jpg

Don't know about you guys, but its a straight up tie between the Impala/Monte Carlo and the Camry for me when it comes to the old car.

1303474-gow3_car_lg_super.jpg

33-theglen.jpg

Admittngly, I do have a slight bias towards the Camry due to the striking resemblance it had to a drawing I did the year before it debuted in Cup.

Well I guess we can all agree that the nationwide Impala is the ugliest looking stock car ever.

Fixed.

The Dodge looks cool from the front. Otherwise they aren't good looking.

I just have to say that I can't stand those Sprint girls that stand behind the winners of each race while they are being interviewed. All the girls do is smile and shake their head and fake laugh as if they understand what they are talking about. I can't even pay attention to what the drivers are saying because I'm busy being distracted and making fun of the dumb girl in the background. I'm all for some grid girls and stuff, but these girls just look dumb. Rant over.

Wish Truex would've caught up at the end and pulled it off. Good clean race either way. The low gear screwed some teams up though.

Last edited:
I just have to say that I can't stand those Sprint girls that stand behind the winners of each race while they are being interviewed. All the girls do is smile and shake their head and fake laugh as if they understand what they are talking about. I can't even pay attention to what the drivers are saying because I'm busy being distracted and making fun of the dumb girl in the background. I'm all for some grid girls and stuff, but these girls just look dumb. Rant over.

Wish Truex would've caught up at the end and pulled it off. Good clean race either way. The low gear screwed some teams up though.

Wow all this time I wondered how many others hated that like me, and I too agree with you. I cant even enjoy a driver winner circle interview because of those track side barbies.

They need skimpier outfits. I could picture that now. :drool:

I actually have spoken to one of the girls and despite the "required corporate standing there like a barbie doll in victory lane", she actually has some personality. Then again, I don't know how much of a personality beyond liking Richard Petty and a desire to explore around every city they go to.

They need skimpier outfits. I could picture that now. :drool:

Nascar should have the victory lane women like in F1, not a bunch of hookers from the Red Light District. There's a fine line between classy and trashy, and I'm not entirely sure Brian France or any of the top officials have the mental capacity to figure that out.

At Kansas... it was James Buescher who won in Trucks while Denny Hamlin won the Cup race. You all ready for Richmond this weekend? The Truckers won't be in action again until May 18th at Charlotte. So it's all about Nationwide and Cup this weekend at Richmond.

RACECAR
And how would that work in a "Family Friendly" Atmosphere?

I'm pretty sure every female in attendance of a NASCAR event has a skimpier outfit than a firesuit. Besides maybe Harvick's wife! :lol:

But I could really care less about the outfits. Just take them out of victory lane altogether. Because if they are too skimpy, I'll still get distracted! :lol:

I'm pretty sure every female in attendance of a NASCAR event has a skimpier outfit than a firesuit. Besides maybe Harvick's wife! :lol:

Thats basically the joke. Female fans wear some short shorts, no problem. The moment the Mrs Sprint Cup girls do it, Fans will complain its "Inappropreate".

The brunette from last year was nice to look at. Not so much the blondie this year.

Was it Paige? Thats the only one who's name I know :lol:

Also, after doing some hilarious stuff with this guy, I've now gotten Kyle with this.

Last edited:
I really don't know what to say about that...just wow...What's you're opinion on that, do you think he's influential?

EDIT: According to Racehub, Trevor Bayne has lost his ride in the Nationwide series do to the lack of sponcership, hopefully he leaves that wood brothers team in cup too and HOPEFULLY a real team picks him up. Rusty Wallace's son (Steven Wallace) will replace him.

Last edited:
EDIT: According to Racehub, Trevor Bayne has lost his ride in the Nationwide series do to the lack of sponsorship, hopefully he leaves that wood brothers team in cup too and HOPEFULLY a real team picks him up. Rusty Wallace's son (Steven Wallace) will replace him.

I'm starting to think it's something to do with Trevor, the same situation happened when he was with MWR.

Not so sure on the Wallace thing, I'm guessing Rusty is paying Jack something.

I'm starting to think it's something to do with Trevor, the same situation happened when he was with MWR.

I would be inclined to agree, but Ryan Truex had the exact same problem as well at MWR (although, there was also the fact that Travis Patrana easily bought more sponsorship dollars). Not sure why this seems to be happening Everywhere Bayne goes so far. Alright one season, Sponsorship issues the next.

Not so sure on the Wallace thing, I'm guessing Rusty is paying Jack something

Wait a minute, I thought Wallace was driving for someone else (At least according to jayski).

Wait a minute, I thought Wallace was driving for someone else (At least according to jayski).
This is what Jayski posted:
Although Wallace's Ford Mustang was prepared out of the Rusty Wallace Racing shops, his Richmond effort is in collaboration with JTG Daugherty Racing. JTGD's #47 Sprint Cup crew will pit the #4 car, with #47 crew chief, Todd Berrier, calling the shots for Wallace on race day. Blake Bainbridge, the original RWR crew chief for Jamie McMurray, will head the team during practice, along with Wallace's 2011 car chief, Ricky Cade.
Well, that's at least one more caution for the Richmond race.

Alright one season, Sponsorship issues the next.

They weren't really great on sponsorship last season either, whenever the car wasn't blank it was a sponsor that Roush already had a relationship with(this goes for both Bayne and Stenhouse).

They weren't really great on sponsorship last season either, whenever the car wasn't blank it was a sponsor that Roush already had a relationship with(this goes for both Bayne and Stenhouse).

Like I said, "Alright" meaning Bayne makes it to each race he can 1 season, unable to the next (recalling the same time Bayne was released from MWR and picked up by Roush was the same time Ricky couldn't keep his car from the wall).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back