NASCAR 2012 Thread

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 9,370 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Bayne goes to Stewart-Hass or Gibbs later in his career...Dominance. I think Trevor is better than Roush thinks.

I think Trevor is better than Roush thinks.

I don't think Roush doubts his talent, he just can't afford to run him unsponsored anymore. It's much easier to do that with Stenhouse who has won a championship and already has 2 wins in 2012(as well as only being 4 points behind Sadler).

I wouldn't be shocked to see Bayne take over the 20 if Logano doesn't make the chase this year.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked to see Bayne take over the 20 if Logano doesn't make the chase this year.

Yeah, Logano's cup career is over if doesn't floor it this year, he's doing alright so far this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a ride with Penske either.

This is what Jayski posted:
Well, that's at least one more caution for the Richmond race.

And about 15 wrecked race cars if he does it right. :crazy: Steve Wallace is the ultimate example of using the family name to get rides in Nascar.:yuck: Dale Jr. did the same thing, but at least he has 2 Nationwide championships and a Daytona 500 trophy to his credit.

And about 15 wrecked race cars if he does it right. :crazy: Steve Wallace is the ultimate example of using the family name to get rides in Nascar.:yuck: Dale Jr. did the same thing, but at least he has 2 Nationwide championships and a Daytona 500 trophy to his credit.

Unlike Wallace, Dale Jr Earned his way in NASCAR in the exact same way both Austin Dillon and Ty Dillon are: with Talent. Other then 1 ARCA win (its always that 1), Steven hasn't earned anything.

Unlike Wallace, Dale Jr Earned his way in NASCAR in the exact same way both Austin Dillon and Ty Dillon are: with Talent. Other then 1 ARCA win (its always that 1), Steven hasn't earned anything.

Thank You:tup:

You can't even group Dale Jr. in with that crash happy Wallace. Dale Jr. has multiple race wins and two Busch Series championships.

You can't even group Dale Jr. in with that crash happy Wallace. Dale Jr. has multiple race wins and two Busch Series championships.

And if he holds his consistency and wins some races this year he'll be a serious threat for the title during the chase for the cup.

I still fail to see the great hype over Bayne. No, the Wood Brothers team isn't very good, but an average finish of 25.1 in Cup is still fairly poor, and he has crashed quite a bit (especially when you include practice). In his Nationwide career, his average finish is only 15.1, and it didn't improve much last season (13.6). Those numbers would be pretty good for a Sprint Cup driver, but in Nationwide, the strength of the field drops off really quickly once you get past the top couple of teams. Since he's in a Roush car himself, he should really do better than that. I'm not really convinced yet that he'll be anything more than a middle-tier Cup series driver.

I still fail to see the great hype over Bayne.

I fully agree, I would much rather have Stenhouse, Dillon and a few other drivers.

Saying that, it seems that as of late people are very quick to hop on a band wagon after one good run, we've seen it in F1 recently with Sergio Perez and Romain Grosjean. The only difference is that Bayne won the 500 so it seems people stick with him a little longer.

I'm just happy that there is finally some decent young talent moving towards Cup, we may actually have solid ROTY battles in the future.

Bristol announcement coming today.

My guess is the track will have flatter banking than it does now when the work is complete.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this banking!

Bruton Smith confirms removal of Bristol's variable banking

Watching the rerun of Sunday's race. Saw the little thing Fox does with the leader of the race when they go to commercial (about lap 20 or so) and in the background:
2012-04-25123314.jpg

1279082592656.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure a fair number of drivers aren't happy about this. With the progressive banking, side-by-side racing was possible, facilitating easier passing. Then again, the fanbase gets way too much of that on speedways, sometimes. Besides, people don't come to Bristol to watch a miniature version of Fontana. They want short-track racing, and Smith clearly got the message.

Darrel Wallace's future sure does look bright. I wonder when DFD is going to start taking applications? I've been thinking about applying recently.

Darrel Wallace's future sure does look bright. I wonder when DFD is going to start taking applications? I've been thinking about applying recently.

They're not going to take applications for just any person on the street. You're going to need some sort of racing background.

They're not going to take applications for just any person on the street. You're going to need some sort of racing background.

I used to have a Go Kart...but oh well...And I can't believe Gibbs is moving Wallace up to Nationwide so fast!

Anyone else watching the K&N Pro Series race today? Travis qualified well and is still in the top 10. Darrell Wallace JR is coming through the field though.

Gonna watch the Short track showdown as well later on.

Anyone else watching the K&N Pro Series race today? Travis qualified well and is still in the top 10. Darrell Wallace JR is coming through the field though.
Keeping an eye on it before the NFL draft starts.

I wonder what must be going on in Wallace's mind as he trails THREE-TIME Champion Tony Stewart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back