NASCAR the Game, 2011

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 551 comments
Looking at that picture I can't tell if Biffle's car is in mid-air or is supposed to be on the sand....I hadn't heard of this game before I saw the link in this thread and if a picture speaks a thousand words then I will add one more.........pass!

Recently got back into NTG 2011. You know, its not too bad after the patch offline. Theres still some glitches like the wrecking coming out of the pits, but seems to be much less. AI going faster down pit road than the player is annoying too, but still not a total gamebreaker. I found that when the ai spins your car out entering the pits under caution can be fixed by pausing the game then unpausing it. Cautions seem to work as they should. Love how the ai gets really aggressive sometimes by diving into the corners really hard.

I just run the default setups and I have won 6 of the first 11 races in the 2011 season. The qualifying seems to be somewhat tougher, but race pace is about the same as before. Oh, and the damage is ridiculous. With the ai doing those damn brake checks when running mid pack or farther back, it makes keeping your car damage free a job.

I definitely believe this is better than any EA Nascar game out there. I went back and tried out Nascar 09 and all I can say is blah. The graphics in NTG look awesome compared to 09. Also the randomness(is that a word?) of the ai in NTG is much more fun then 09's freight train ai. What I mean by that is NTG has 3 or even 4 wide racing at times while 09 is usually 2 wide all the time.

I would suggest NTG 2011 if you're a Nascar fan. Theres much fun to be had in it playing offline. I don't play it online so I'm not going to comment on it, but seems people have very mixed reactions against online play.

Does this game work on british consoles??

Im sooo gutted its not sold in the UK :'(

If you have a PS3 then yes because all PS3's are region free so you an buy any PS3 game on the planet. no matter where it is from and play it in your PS3.

The 360 on the other hand, is region locked so it will only play game discs from your region.

Parker

If you have a PS3 then yes because all PS3's are region free so you an buy any PS3 game on the planet. no matter where it is from and play it in your PS3.

The 360 on the other hand, is region locked so it will only play game discs from your region.

Parker

0.0 :embarrassed:OOOOOOOOOOOOO MINEEEEEEEEE

lol never knew that, thanks guys :D

Brakes are horrible in this game compared to GT5 :'(. It's a hard thing to get used to.

Don't give me the "heavy as a dump truck" crap. Cup cars only weigh 400 pounds more than a 2011 911 GT3rs

3400 Vs 3020

Brakes are horrible in this game compared to GT5 :'(. It's a hard thing to get used to.

Well, did you race without the brake assists on GT5? If not, I bet that explains it.

I kinda like the braking on this game, requires more finesse and precision to me, something no one online seems to have especially on Road Courses where it matters Alot.

RACECAR
Well, did you race without the brake assists on GT5? If not, I bet that explains it.

I kinda like the braking on this game, requires more finesse and precision to me, something no one online seems to have especially on Road Courses where it matters Alot.

GT5 I usually run 2-3 ABS. Break strength is usually 7/4, nothing special.

Brakes (default setups) feel like they are at 1 in this. ABS is set at 2, Brake Assist is off I believe. Typically I use a modified Veteran selection. Hit the brakes and nothing happens for a long time. Raced Daytona & Phoenix in Career, and Michigan in quick race. Daytona was fine because you don't want sharp braking. The other tracks is where it's noticeable.

Did you get your PS3 running again??

GT5 I usually run 2-3 ABS. Break strength is usually 7/4, nothing special.

Brakes (default setups) feel like they are at 1 in this. ABS is set at 2, Brake Assist is off I believe. Typically I use a modified Veteran selection. Hit the brakes and nothing happens for a long time. Raced Daytona & Phoenix in Career, and Michigan in quick race. Daytona was fine because you don't want sharp braking. The other tracks is where it's noticeable.

Last I raced (Just for the road courses though), I usually ran 1 or 0 ABS (depending on the track itself and the amount of braking I needed to do).
I've found a perfect setup to running indy without ABS and only tapping the brakes and never even go down a gear.

This game however (Unless its the short tracks and road courses) I never really use the brakes. I've got the car setup where it has enough grip for me to just time getting off the gas and ease back into it about mid corner.

Did you get your PS3 running again??

Still haven't, it'll be getting fixed this week.

Last edited:
One of the features I was really hoping for has never been implemented. That is setup sharing or the 'create the ultimate setup online' feature :(. I can't setup a car for crap!!!

Is it just me, or does this game have a problem with steering wheels? What I mean is, while accelerating down a straight I have to turn the wheel to the right to get the car to go straight. Problem is, when I let off or start braking before a corner, the car dives to the right. Know what I mean? It's freaking annoying.

Is it just me, or does this game have a problem with steering wheels? What I mean is, while accelerating down a straight I have to turn the wheel to the right to get the car to go straight. Problem is, when I let off or start braking before a corner, the car dives to the right. Know what I mean? It's freaking annoying.

I don't think it's a problem with wheels, I think it's just the way the cars are set up. I may very well be wrong, but I believe the cars are set up to turn left (obviously) so when going down the straight you have to turn the wheel to the right slightly to offset the car wanting to go left, and when you release the throttle the tires get a little more grip and the car dives to the right. Does that make any sense at all? It does in my head...

Parker

Cars are staggered to help them rotate through the corner. Check out World of Outlaw Sprint cars. The right rear tire is bigger than the left rear!

ce6c8b5e.jpg

NASCAR 09 had stagger, easily adjusted out if you wanted. ToCA 3 had nasty stagger on the Sprint cars.

I remember the stagger on 09. Loved it on the Trucks and Nationwide cars, but It was downright horrible on the cup cars.

Here is another example of stagger. Sprint cars are very exaggerated!
c068e7da.jpg

Because all 4 tires are the same in NASCAR, crew chiefs & engineers have to devise other ways.

Anyone who still plays this game add me. PSN - Fuzzy1990

I play alot online, so feel free to add me if you want. 👍

I realize the whole staggered thing, but it's really annoying. So much so that I really don't like playing with the wheel because of it. Anyone know how to fix it?

I realize the whole staggered thing, but it's really annoying. So much so that I really don't like playing with the wheel because of it. Anyone know how to fix it?

Does it happen on all of the tracks or some ?

I noticed it happens to me on some tracks, but I don't think it's a big issue to be honest.

It's a huge issue for me. Happens on all tracks. I just hate having to turn the car down the straight, and as soon as I let off the car darts that direction. Super irritating. I've hit many walls going into a corner because of it.

Its the way NASCARS are setup. Play any NASCAR game and its the same. You just have to either adjust to using it or setup the car to dial it out, i.e road course setup.

Like was said before they build stagger into the car. They do it with the suspension since tires are all same size. They do this to keep the car in a "yaw" state which in Nascar means the rear wheels are tracking outside of the front wheels. Makes the cars turn left easier this way and gets more downforce on the rear spoiler. Next time you watch a race you will notice going down the straights the cars look angled or "crab-walking." Nascar actually had to put a limit on this cause teams were really kicking the rear passenger side way outside of the front. Also the weight of the car adds to it cause the drivers side of the car is weighted more than the passenger side.

I believe some of the past Nascar games have had a steering trim option or something like that. This would allow you to still steer straight by adjusting this option.

I like how they have this in the game. Shows they put some effort into trying to make the cars handle in an authentic way.

Thanks guys, but I know all about the cars being staggered in real life. :)

What I'm looking for it how to get rid of it. And if that's not possible, then I don't think I'll be playing it anymore with a steering wheel.

Thanks guys, but I know all about the cars being staggered in real life. :)

What I'm looking for it how to get rid of it. And if that's not possible, then I don't think I'll be playing it anymore with a steering wheel.

Same here. I tried to race in this game after the latest patch and did not like the way the wheel felt with it turned to the right like that. It's annoying and I'd rather not play it anymore. I'll probably just trade it in for F1 2011 in a few weeks.

Got this game today. It's fun. Is there a difficulty higher than hard for career mode? I don't remember.

Back