Need a Break from Gran Turismo?

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 229 comments
Finland
Finland
HI-tauer
Id like to hear peoples thought of planning / having a break of playing GT for what ever reason. My story below.

to ADMIN - this can be moved to "Gran Turismo Series" -section if possible. :embarrassed:

Have been playing GT intensively past years more or less since GT5 launched (have also played all of the iteration from 1 to 4 in the past), but now I took a leap and fixed one old xbox 360 and got hold of Forza 4. After first impressions Im glad to report that the time and money spend in GT has not been a wrong choice. Yes the diversity in the cars is great - something id like to see in GT and the sounds are umm lets say more entertaining (they really dont have much to do with realism), but I really feel a huge lack of feedback from the physics engine. The reponse of the cars feel very flat and homogenous after playing GT5 let alone GT6. Just the shock I experienced during first few corners at Nurburgring was unforgettable. The track feels way too wide and flat - none of the tilting and bumbs of the track are there. All of the small nuances I have learned to love are gone.

What im saying is - taking a break is a good idea. It will give one a totally new view of appreciation towards PDs work. :sly:👍

Im still going to have a good time with my new arcadeish friend while waiting some refreshment to GT series. Maybe its GT7 that gives me a reason to buy PS4..:D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be my break from gt6

image.jpg

This is going to be my break from gt6

Yes - that is also a very potential PS4 breaker for me. Just waiting for the final reviews just like with the Drive Club which Im affraid to see come out as one (social)trick pony.. :mischievous:

I believe PCars will be best played on PC but I hope for a decent PS4 version as Im not going to update my pc for gaming anymore - I m just too old for that s... :lol:

Been working on my comic a lot lately (with my own original idea for powers) so I usually take lot's of breaks from GT6. :sly:

But but, it's meant for fun. :dopey:

Good luck with the comics mate :)👍

A cousin of mine has been professionally planning / producing a comic book of his own original idea for few years now and it is a lot of work before the product is ready for publishing. :rolleyes: Just the drawing alone takes months as there is a friend of his doing the job. (a professional graphics designer / painter) But hes been able to open the door to Marvel Comics a bit so everything is possible. :sly:

I was under the impression that the comic was perfect already. Have you approached any publishers yet?
Its ART jimi - its NEVER perfect.. nor ready.. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im getting a new PC in a few days and ill try Asseto Corsa while I wait for the GT6 course maker.
But the fact that it has such poor quantity of cars and tracks is quite disappointing

Im getting a new PC in a few days and ill try Asseto Corsa while I wait for the GT6 course maker.
But the fact that it has such poor quantity of cars and tracks is quite disappointing
i got assetto corsa yesterday, it feels a lot like R-factor with better graphics. took a good few hours getting the settings just right on my logitech PS2 controller copy gamepad thing as my G27 is on my PS3 desk... unfortunately it lags a lot on my PC.

I was under the impression that the comic was perfect already. Have you approached any publishers yet?
What @Haitauer said. ;) Also no, but I'm planning to make a internet comic since it's extremely difficult to get comic companies to publish your comic. :\
Its ART jimi - its NEVER perfect.. nor ready.. :lol:
Good luck with the comics mate :)👍

A cousin of mine has been professionally planning / producing a comic book of his own original idea for few years now and it is a lot of work before the product is ready for publishing. :rolleyes: Just the drawing alone takes months as there is a friend of his doing the job. (a professional graphics designer / painter) But hes been able to open the door to Marvel Comics a bit so everything is possible. :sly:
Whoa he's so lucky, Marvel Comics? That's awesome! :D I wish him a lot of luck with his comic. :) My comic is a anime-ish cartoon, action/adventure and humorous series, but I doubt MC will notice me. :ouch:

I log-in daily to keep my bonus going and I do the Seasonal Events each Thursday. After that I usually quit but other times I will go back to one of my Time Trial challenges. I have covered little mileage over the last 2 months.

BF4 is my game of choice now and I hop between Wolfenstein The New Order, which is almost 'Platinumed', and MGS: Ground Zeroes a little too.

I am looking forward to DriveClub and Project Cars too. PCars looks great but I need to hear what the handling model is like - Arcade-like or sim?

I've been running Game Stock Car Extreme on my laptop and it has blown me away. My old PC isn't up to Project Cars but I have a PS4 gathering dust waiting for it. Game Stock Car Extreme has been a real surprise and made use of a PC I never bought for gaming. Even if the course maker and community features come soon I think GT6 might just have missed the boat for me. It's lack of improvement as a game has opened my eyes to some other games which have features long dreamed of.

Here's the nearly latest version with their version of 2014 F1 cars.

Last edited:
i got assetto corsa yesterday, it feels a lot like R-factor with better graphics. took a good few hours getting the settings just right on my logitech PS2 controller copy gamepad thing as my G27 is on my PS3 desk... unfortunately it lags a lot on my PC.
the lag is an issue, but if you can fix that and get the G27 hooked up, there's no turning back. The combination of auditory, visual and FFB is so far from The GT series, it's like a whole different genre of game.
It only contains a handful of cars but each one is painstakingly recreated in terms of physics, tire model etc. They all feel so different its amazing, driving for the pure joy of it has returned to my gaming experience.

the lag is an issue, but if you can fix that and get the G27 hooked up, there's no turning back. The combination of auditory, visual and FFB is so far from The GT series, it's like a whole different genre of game.
It only contains a handful of cars but each one is painstakingly recreated in terms of physics, tire model etc. They all feel so different its amazing, driving for the pure joy of it has returned to my gaming experience.
Really wish I could play it

I've been playing Grid Autosport more and more. GT6 has better physics and car count, but GAS is a lot of fun. Its not as much of a simulation as GT6, but it is quite fun. I've popped GT6 in a few times since GAS came out, but usually took it out within 20 minutes. Grid 2 was an absolute let down, but GAS is really something else. I'd recommend it highly to anyone with a console not going the PC sim racer route.

To take a break from every Gran Turismo game I've been playing for ages, I'm gonna play every Forza game released for the Xbox 360, Ridge Racer 6, Grid Autosport and this:
560797_647664645267146_689875058_n.png

Last edited:
1. It's still early access. More cars and tracks are coming. 2. There are plenty of modded cars and tracks and I believe a lot more will come as the game ages.

Surely it will never reach the car amount of GT franchise but quality over quantity means that every car really feel different (and sound great) and I think most of the real world maps of GT will be eventually available.

I've already been taking a break from GT6. Been playing GRID, NASCAR '14, and Forza. Except for the few days a week run at the Seasonal TT's, GT6 is quickly becoming a distant memory. I won't be coming back fulltime until/if PD makes some big improvements/additions to the game.

As much as I love GT6, I want to improve my skills on Grand Theft Auto. Also a lot of my GT6 friends don't play it anymore which has decreased my motivation to play it. :( Usually it's because they have done GT Academy and have no point in playing anymore or they've just gotten sick and tired of Kazunormi's way of doing things.

I've been taking longer breaks from GT6 for a while now, kind of disappointing really. Just waiting around to see if/when we ever get a big content update to GT6. My niece wanted me to play her version of GT6 so she doesn't have to grind for money. :lol: I'm actually kind of enjoying replaying the slower beginner races. It was nice to revisit the races after such a long break (yes even with the super slow AI, if I handicapped myself it was kinda fun!).

To take a break from every Gran Turismo game I've been playing for ages, I'm gonna play every Forza game released for the Xbox 360, Ridge Racer 6, Grid Autosport and this:
View attachment 212614

Oh man don't remind me of the demise of Psygnosis and Wipeout... :( memories

If it lags, downgrade the graphics resolution and/or graphics detail... or get a better graphics card. To play these games its always better to have decent FPS and no lag than high resolution and high detail
1. It's still early access. More cars and tracks are coming. 2. There are plenty of modded cars and tracks and I believe a lot more will come as the game ages.

Surely it will never reach the car amount of GT franchise but quality over quantity means that every car really feel different (and sound great) and I think most of the real world maps of GT will be eventually available.
I know, thats the thing I like about GT though, lots and lots of cars and tracks. I really like quantity.

Well, I'll most likely break away from GT6 a while when my new games arrive next month. Updates will probably still keep me playing, especially if they release new cars and tracks.

I play GT6 occasionaly in time trial. The problem I see in GT6 is that it has cars & tracks but it doesn't have proper races. Not even in arcade mode. The catch-up format is really dumb, same goes for the unbalanced car grid & bad AI. The lack of options totally ruins the offline racing portion of the game imo.

I play other racing games on a regular basis (Forza 4, Race Pro, F1 games), those games have a much better racing experience and are a lot more fun to play than GT6.

Since I bought Dark Souls II, I gave up playing gt6. I am waiting for the B-Spec/Course maker update to start playing gt6 again.

Now that you guys speak of these car games, I've got to say I'm not very optimistic about Project Cars, or even less, Driveclub. Will wait for reviews, or see it myself. They still are worth buying, but I can't see myself playing them for too long. I rather spend on an Xbox One (never going to happen though) and buy Forza 5.

Project Cars looks more like a race-car only game, and that is a huge let down for me. The car selection looks incredibly poor and for what I've heard in many videos, sounds are worst than in Gran Turismo.

Driveclub looks fun, but it's one of those racing games you only play for a few weeks and never touch it again like NFS titles.

As for what I'm playing now? Well, I've actually given up on Gran Turismo 6 and will just wait for GT7. Right now I've been having a lot of fun with Elder Scrolls Online, Skyrim (lots of it) and recently I got my hands in the Ratchet And Clank HD collection. I do have the Future titles so 'm playing the six of them until I get all the trophies. Then I'm planning on getting the Sly Cooper HD collection plus Sly cooper 4 and doing the same. Been playing Forza 3 too, but quite honestly, that game is missing something and I really don't feel like playing it anymore. Most of it is the physics. The rest is way much more fun than GT.

I've been trying to get back to GT6, but no matter how much I try, i just can't seem to be hooked on it for more than a couple of minutes. These updates don't seem to do it for me either. PD would have to do something big like real DLC, an Event Creator and bring back tire and fuel consumption to Arcade to get me playing again.

Back