Votes: 128 31.4%
  • Shuffle Racing

Votes: 11 2.7%
  • B-spec

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • GT 7: Prologue

Votes: 103 25.3%

• Total voters
“In regards to the collaborations we’re going to do with the Ayrton Senna institute, the goal is to do something around May of next year, which would be the 20th year after his passing.

I see far too many vague things in there "we're going to...", "the goal...", "something", "around May..." and so on. This is basically nothing. Nothing more than idea or intention. The farther the release of GT6 moves away, the less I believe in new tracks, new features and other content.

Sadly no one should ever a game or other software product based on promises, announcements or anything similar random.
It's printed on the box, his face and signature. If I walked into a store in Brasil and bought that game or PS3 I would expect Senna content in the game somewhere at some point. I don't think that would be an unreasonable thought, personally.

However, PD has recently confirmed the Senna content. I am confident that we WILL see it, and soon. I am completely confident that they are not stupid enough to NOT come through on THIS promise!

However, PD has recently confirmed the Senna content. I am confident that we WILL see it, and soon. I am completely confident that they are not stupid enough to NOT come through on THIS promise!
It has to be May 1 (20th anniversary of his last race/death)

Who knows what they'll do, my point was a trailer and word from Kaz wouldn't be enough as you suggested.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5354623.html

"content involving Brazil's legendary racing driver Ayrton Senna will be provided through online updates, enabling players to trace the roots of Ayrton Senna's racing career."

That sounds substantially more extensive than a trailer.

Senna is in the game: his suit. And even some generic karts. I don't expect much more to come, at best Interlagos, that's it.

There are many things printed on product packagings that aren't inside, no matter what kind of product.

It depends what is printed on the box. If it promises X and doesn't deliver that is false advertising, especially when they're not just trying to sell a game with it, but an entire console.

They could have already done nsx@suzuka time trial, fgt in some english track, kart race or tt celebrating dates like his birthday, first f1 test, first pp, and many other meaningful dates in his life/career.
Also its ironic that ayrton's passing aniversary, if the content is not delivered, will be the same as gt "death" for many senna/gt/brazilian fans.

They did? Where did they confirm it? If you have a link that would help, just because I'd like to read it for myself and see whether they're actually being definitive about it, or whether they're just doing the same old "oh that, we're working on it" PD thing.

They did? Where did they confirm it? If you have a link that would help, just because I'd like to read it for myself and see whether they're actually being definitive about it, or whether they're just doing the same old "oh that, we're working on it" PD thing.

Okay, so it wasn't an outright "This will be released on X date", but in the last month or two, there was a statement made (should be in the news feed) that they are definitely going to do it.

Okay, so it wasn't an outright "This will be released on X date", but in the last month or two, there was a statement made (should be in the news feed) that they are definitely going to do it.

That's fine, I'd still like to see, if you can find it.

It depends what is printed on the box. If it promises X and doesn't deliver that is false advertising, especially when they're not just trying to sell a game with it, but an entire console.

I agree! What specifically was printed on the box to be included in the game? Nothing specific I suppose. Therefore all promises are kept. Senna's suit is in there, karts are in there and Senna's even in the intro movie. Wow. Maybe there's more to come, but I don't expect anything spectacular.

Last edited:
I agree! What specifically was printed on the box to be included in the game? Nothing specific. Therefore all promises are kept. Senna's suit is in there, karts are in there and Senna's even in the intro movie. Wow. Maybe there's more to come, but I don't expect anything spectacular.

Well I don't know what was printed on the back of the box in Brazil, I've not seen it.

Anyway as has been pointed out a few times, it may not be on the box in US/EU but they have promised further content.

I really hope they don't though. That would be so disrespectful to Senna.
What I mean to say with this is that I have a feeling they'll release content like they did with the Red Bull X challenge, not all of it at the same time.

I'd HOPE for engine sounds...even a little guy chanting "vroom" would be an improvement to some of these things...but with the way Kaz sounds about Senna, I'm fairly certain PD will continue to ignore GT6's obvious flaws and just pump in new stuff, with that content being first. But who knows, maybe they'll give us a teddy bear with wheels, PD hasn't made much sense lately.

It's not a bad shout actually. A kart race/event first, then perhaps a F3 race series followed by an 'F1' style one make series in his Lotus F1 car.

Maybe a one shot time trial on a new track, presumably Interlagos, to end it.

The official date is May.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/

Ayrton Senna died on the 1st of May. That is the sensible time to do any DLC related to him. Any sensible plan at the very least has the content announced by the 1st, and released within a week.

Strictly by the words, Kaz says around May. Whether he considers sometime in the month of May to be "around May", or sometime in 2014 to be "around May", we'll never know. But I do think that if we get to the 14th of May without any sort of announcement, it will be a massive commercial mistake, and that if we somehow get to the end of May with nothing, he might as well resign as spokesman for the GT series, because nobody will ever believe a blind word he says ever again.

Unfortunately that interview also features the amazing quote:
We don’t have a definite order yet of things, but, you know, January, February, March, April, May, etc., we have updates planned for each of those months, and there are actually more things too which we still can’t mention! [Laughs.]

[Laughs.]

Back