Project CARS - Logitech Wheels NOT Supported on PS4

• Thread starter biffdiver
  • 2,132 comments
Which wheels are you referring to? The Thrustmaster TX and he Mad Catz Pro are the only wheels I can think of in that price range considered "new" and the TX is light years better than a G27, if you add a set of T500, T3PA, or other decent pedals. I'll agree with you though on the Mad Catz based on the few reviews that are available, but its Mad Catz, no one should have expected a quality product.
Good point, I'm referring to Fanatec.

I thought there is no mod support in pCARS

Its a PC game, it will get modded... They saying they aren't going to release mod tools does not mean it won't get modded, just that it will be more work, and if the product appeals to the right people they will dig in and start sharing how to do it.

They may not support it, but people will still be making mods for it. While mods do add a lot to the content of games, in my opinion its also the problem with online racing on PC. The only game on the PC with a good online is the only racing game on PC you cant mod. Mods divide the community up to the point where you might have 200 people online line, but because of mods they are using you can only join a couple of the races.
Exactly.

I've pointed this out a while ago, there is going to be a version 2 with a better CPU and the ability to accept steering wheel inputs. Beta model is expected November-December.

By then Driveclub will be out with Project Car due if not already out and I'll will need to be setup up ready.

I currently have a Custom Built rig and G25 which I will have to sell complete as can't sell G25 without the rig and no plastic casing for the pedals.

Looking to purchase the playseat revolution and thrustmaster t500rs and see how I get on with the fixed paddles if not have to add the shifter on afterwards.

Good point, I'm referring to Fanatec.

Its a PC game, it will get modded... They saying they aren't going to release mod tools does not mean it won't get modded, just that it will be more work, and if the product appeals to the right people they will dig in and start sharing how to do it.

Exactly.

If installing those mods (e.g. Tracks) is made more difficult though I think it could put some people off. It's relatively easy in the games I have installed other people's tracks. Those games are GTR2 and Game Stock Car Extreme. Other game mods can be a bit more tricky (like the superb Power and Glory mod for GTR2).

I've only really used those games offline. However, online ensuring compatability between tracks and cars can be a real challenge as everyone has to have the exact same version. Some online leagues/players may find it enough of an organisational hassle trying to coordinate it all to stick with unmodded. That along with a potentially more difficult process to get round the "no modding" system for PCars could make things less attractive for some players to use modding. If the game does explode on PC, the more players there are on PC will potentially mean a greater number of multiple converted versions of tracks. Of course the serious modders will cope but if it is more difficult then some people could spend more time setting up than playing. Could this make the consoles more attractive?

Has anyone experience of the Thrustmaster T100 compared to the Logitech DFGT? I suspect it's not as good but it could be a fill in for a bit on PCars. I've bitten the bullet and ordered the limited edition of PCars for my PS4. If my DFGT wheel isn't supported then I'll have to use a controller (yuck) for launch and look to my wife telling Father Christmas I've been a good boy :s

Has anyone experience of the Thrustmaster T100 compared to the Logitech DFGT? I suspect it's not as good but it could be a fill in for a bit on PCars. I've bitten the bullet and ordered the limited edition of PCars for my PS4. If my DFGT wheel isn't supported then I'll have to use a controller (yuck) for launch and look to my wife telling Father Christmas I've been a good boy :s
The T100 isn't PS4 compatible, Thrustmaster only lists T80, T300RS and T500RS....

The T80 is compatible but I think it's bungee cord rather than FFB motors. Obviously bungee cord is utterly pointless especially if you already have experience of a real FFB wheel like the DFGT.

Looking to purchase the playseat revolution and thrustmaster t500rs and see how I get on with the fixed paddles if not have to add the shifter on afterwards.
just get yourself a Ferrari 458 challenge wheel for the t500rs, highly recommended

just get yourself a Ferrari 458 challenge wheel for the t500rs, highly recommended
As a point of interest: I bought my T500RS and 458GTE rim at the same time. It turns out that I prefer the feel of the 30cm stock GT rim to the 28cm heavier 458GTE rim, and I have zero issues with fixed paddles.

So unless you get a good deal on the combination (which I did), try the T500RS default rim and fixed paddles first. You might well be surprised at how easy it is to adjust.

As a point of interest: I bought my T500RS and 458GTE rim at the same time. It turns out that I prefer the feel of the 30cm stock GT rim to the 28cm heavier 458GTE rim, and I have zero issues with fixed paddles.

So unless you get a good deal on the combination (which I did), try the T500RS default rim and fixed paddles first. You might well be surprised at how easy it is to adjust.
if you like the fixed shifters Imo you are one of few that do.most people going from Logitech wheels are going to prefer dynamic shifters IMO. I think the best option is to buy the f1 intergral pack then buy the gte 458 wheel as an add on. That way you get the f1 wheel and a gt wheel both with dynamic shifters

Actually if you read the GTPlanet T500 megathread you'll see many fans of the static shifters, especially guys who purchase an after-market 32-35cm wheel rim. I guess your preference depends on the type of car you like to drive.

Examples of real cars with static shifters: Ferrari F12berlinetta, 458 Italia/Speciale, LaFerrari. Lamborghini Hurracan and Aventador....

Also looking at the GT Omega ART aswell as the Playseat revolution, has anyone used either ?

As for the wheel I'm gonna give the stock paddles and wheel ago first but I the I would upgrade the wheel instead of the shifter now tho, Thanks I never thought of that.

I've pointed this out a while ago, there is going to be a version 2 with a better CPU and the ability to accept steering wheel inputs. Beta model is expected November-December.

Looking forward to this.

Is the T80 is a good wheel cause i have the driving force gt and wanted to know how this is compare to my wheel
They aren't even in the same league. The T80 doesn't use FFB it has bungee cords that return the wheel to center and provide a bit of resistance.

Hmm ok and which kind of wheel will be near my dfgt for les than 200$ ( live in canada and know nothing about wheel) for my ps4?
They will all bleed your pockets dry, as anything decent comes close to 400 bucks for PS4/ Xbone...
If all you play are racing games, invest the money you would have used for one of those consoles in a pc and keep on using any wheel you already have.

Consumer 1 Money grabbing tactics 0

A friend located this tid bit today. This is not looking good for us Logitech folks.

« Reply #1733 on: Today at 09:21:21 »

a8cp0YT.png

That was from August 3rd.

Here is a comment on Reddit from yesterday...

"I can respond as I'm the guy who wrote that tweet. There's a lot of nuance to the situation and not a lot that I can say right now, but:
1) The PS4 does have a system which checks for security chips on certain USB devices.
2) The G27 was designed years before the PS4 was announced, so there's no PS4 security chip.
3) We are investigating what we can do. We don't have a solid answer yet, so we're being as honest/open as possible: Currently the wheel doesn't work with PS4, and there will be a chip that will always prevent full functionality with the PS4."

Report to moderator
ip.gif

If this doesn't get sorted out soon then I hope when GT7 is released PD can use their influence to make Sony support Logitech wheels. With GT6 sales being abysmal and the PS4 needing a sales boost, they would want to retain their sim racer fanbase as much as possible. With Thrustmaster being GT's official wheel I can't see this happening though. And since I don't have the time/money/expertise to build a high end gaming PC or buy another wheel, it's gonna be a sad goodbye for me after 16 years of virtual racing :(

Just out of interest, you mention GT6 sales figures, what where GT6 sales figures compared to GT5?
If you believe the wiki article, sales of GT6 are around 1/4 of the GT5 total, and only half of what Gt5 prologue achieved:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Turismo_(series)

I suspect those numbers were taken from VGChartz.
GT5p 4.16 million : http://www.vgchartz.com/game/6972/gran-turismo-5-prologue/
Gt5 10.9 million: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/7678/gran-turismo-5/
GT6 2.4 million: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72181/gran-turismo-6/
Forza4 4.2 million : http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45656/forza-motorsport-4/
Forza 5 1.4 million : http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72222/forza-motorsport-5/
NFS Shift managed 5.2ish million over all platforms: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Need+for+speed:+shift
NFS Shift 2 barely scraped 1 million sales, however.

(Take all figures with a pinch of salt, especially when digital downloads and bundles may not be properly tracked)

So one could argue that GT6 couldn't win either way: release on the brand new PS4 would have meant delays or limited content (I.e. A prologue) and probably mediocre sales as a result, looking at how Forza 5 is doing.

Last edited:
I doubt they care about some 10000 wheel users, if they're already in bed with TM.

Where'd you get that figure from? I'm sure there are far more than 10,000 wheel users out there. For a start there are the Logitech wheel owners; G27, G25, DFGT DF Pro, Driving Force etc, not to mention all the other PS3 compatible wheels. I'm sure there is a lot more than 10,000.

Just out of interest, you mention GT6 sales figures, what where GT6 sales figures compared to GT5?

Skazz already answered a few posts above mine, but yes, I got the numbers from wiki and vgchartz. Not the most reliable source I know, but for ballparking purposes it's good enough. In any case, GT6 sales numbers are a complete failure compared to what PD are used to with their full release games.

^ He also claims that PS4 sales need a boost, but all the related articles suggest sales are quite strong http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-31-ps4-helps-sony-to-profit

Probably not the best choice of words in my post. What I'm trying to say is Sony would want to sell as many PS4 as possible, and GT has traditionally been a system seller. With GT6 sales being down, they would want to maximise GT7 sales and adding support for more wheels is one of the easiest way to do that. Judging by the number of upset people here, on PS blogs and on PCARS forums it's no trivial matter.

In any case, since the problem is hardware related (Logitech not having the security chip) and cannot be retrospectively added, it seems unlikely that we'll ever see support. The only chance would be if they release a PS4 'Slim' or similar and removed the requirement for the chip, but that's highly unlikely. Unfortunate, but such is business.

Back