Quick-Match concept

• Thread starter raweer
  • 298 comments
I can't, to save my life, win any quick match race. I either screw it up so bad I can't recover or screw it up while leading or fighting for the lead :indiff:

Everytime I go into an event, the countdown starts. When it reaches zero, the countdown just resets and the race does not start.

What's going on?

Same here.. haven't been able to race in a Ouick Match yet. I've made three attempts so far and waited for around 5 countdowns to loop each time.. doesn't seem to be a very common problem around here.

I can't, to save my life, win any quick match race. I either screw it up so bad I can't recover or screw it up while leading or fighting for the lead :indiff:
I've won more than I've lost, and those I lose it's usually a podium still.

I even got a 2nd with the Tesla

Hard to believe they've had what, 7 or 8 years to develop this aspect of the game since it was introduced in Prologue, and this is the best they can come up with:tdown:👎

It's arguably worse than Prologue in that you can't use any of your own cars, and you only get one race with "Professional" physics. At the very best, it's more of the same.

2008 was a good year and all, but damn. What was holding them back from putting this in the release version again? They may have rewritten every line of code for all I know, but it seems like it was time wasted if they just got exactly the same result...

I've won more than I've lost, and those I lose it's usually a podium still.

I even got a 2nd with the Tesla
Well I just can't win. Period. I did win once just now, but that was more of a 1v1 since it was just me and two others; one drove very cleanly and the other wasn't so. I believe it's due to me avoiding using popular cars like the Hondas, or because I have to use my DS3 again, but that's no excuse for me. I guess it's all about practice.

Other than that, it's mostly the dirty racers that cut corners and use you as a brake or give you no room. I mean the penalty for cutting the corner leading into the double tunnel at Deep Forest is hilarious because it slows you down at the right speed to take the next corner and is only 3 seconds long.

Last edited:
Well, the Spanish are at it again. I guess they could not handle an eCar passing their NSX's.

They all went wide, playing follow the leader, and I took the inside line ended up in 2nd place. Then the dirty driving started. Rear ended whilst braking, then pushed into the railing, followed by being pitted.

Unstable, actually slower than simply finding a lobby, very limited and with no social interactions this "quick match" is very underwhelming.

Looks like something knocked over the weekend. :irked:

It's like they simply writing off the "promised gt6 stuff" off the chalkboard with minimal effort.

"Choose one of this 3 races and repeat them over and over - Fun!":lol:

Are they serious with this crap?

But wait - there's written "coming spoon" :eek:

:sly:

They really need some new talents - the
old squad is just not good anymore.

They seem to be content about game barely working - It seems like this alone is a gigantic success for the team.

This mode was released less than a week ago and is aimed at casual racers who have little idea what clean racing is. It is imperfect, and given the 'coming soon' space for another event and the start/end dates on the current events, I'd expect it will receive the same continual revisions as the rest of the game as they learn what works, and what doesn't.

It's a massive assumption to say 'they had it in GT5 or Prologue why not now'-if that were the case we'd have shuffle racing, which I dearly miss. It's obvious PD have their own logic, it has always been this way, to expect different at this point is insanity and a waste of energy. Am I bored with it already? Yes. Are there issues? Yes. My solution was to do something else and see if PD will get it sorted.

That being said, the internet is children, so keep crying and screaming. Demand to be served. The world revolves around you.

*Phew*

After reading the impressions of this 'feature', I'm SO glad I didn't update GT6. I wouldn't want to go through the same phase as everyone else has and meet those who can't drive, ESPECIALLY having to use a feature that was given less effort to make. Well my hope for the Course Maker to be good has just decreased, like a lot, due to this. Tisk tisk PD, putting the fans in last place after the manufacturers...

*Phew*

After reading the impressions of this 'feature', I'm SO glad I didn't update GT6. I wouldn't want to go through the same phase as everyone else has and meet those who can't drive, ESPECIALLY having to use a feature that was given less effort to make. Well my hope for the Course Maker to be good has just decreased, like a lot, due to this. Tisk tisk PD, putting the fans in last place after the manufacturers...
I've had a lot of fun with it. No it's not GTP league level clean, and yes you will make a good bit of contact in most cases, but that's just part of the fun. You don't have to worry about every little inch of room and giving the proper racing line. You can go balls to the wall for the win. It's a 3 lap casual race, have fun. Of course you're going to get shoved around some, it's the nature of the beast when you have casuals in a 3 lap race in stock cars with boost on. Plus I'm sure half of them have never driven against other players using anything other than RS tires.

If you don't like the current lineup, these races end Tuesday morning, so by Tuesday afternoon you should have a whole new set of races.

I think the reason you guys don't enjoy it (other than the connection issues that I also get frustrated about) is the fact that you are trying to race like these races as serious sim racers. Just loosen up, grab a drink, and join a race with a car you enjoy. There's no hassle wondering if your setup will stack up against the competition, you don't have to pray that this is the right car for the PP, or if you'll be kicked and booed for making simple on track mistakes, you don't have to listen to 6 year olds and the 420 gang spamming the mics. It's just easy fun when you want to do a race but don't have the time to search for a room that is both intriguing and has a good amount of participation. It's exactly what the feature was marketed as, and I haven't been online in the open lobby since it came out.

I've had a lot of fun with it. No it's not GTP league level clean, and yes you will make a good bit of contact in most cases, but that's just part of the fun. You don't have to worry about every little inch of room and giving the proper racing line. You can go balls to the wall for the win. It's a 3 lap casual race, have fun. Of course you're going to get shoved around some, it's the nature of the beast when you have casuals in a 3 lap race in stock cars with boost on. Plus I'm sure half of them have never driven against other players using anything other than RS tires.

If you don't like the current lineup, these races end Tuesday morning, so by Tuesday afternoon you should have a whole new set of races.

I think the reason you guys don't enjoy it (other than the connection issues that I also get frustrated about) is the fact that you are trying to race like these races as serious sim racers. Just loosen up, grab a drink, and join a race with a car you enjoy. There's no hassle wondering if your setup will stack up against the competition, you don't have to pray that this is the right car for the PP, or if you'll be kicked and booed for making simple on track mistakes, you don't have to listen to 6 year olds and the 420 gang spamming the mics. It's just easy fun when you want to do a race but don't have the time to search for a room that is both intriguing and has a good amount of participation. It's exactly what the feature was marketed as, and I haven't been online in the open lobby since it came out.

Well, you know, nowadays sim racing is a serious business, bub. ;)

I'm sure they'll fix it as time goes on, but remember this was their first time doing this. We'be had the feature for 5 days now and we've already quickly condemned it and made final judgments. Just wait until Tuesday to see whats actually going to be going on.

Oh and also protip, when you're doing a standing start don't hold the brake, use the handbrake. When you hold the brake it takes a decent amount of time for it to register as off the brake which allows you to move. When you use handbrake the car is able to move the instant you release it. I gain massive amounts of time using this and can go from back row to top 4 before turn one. You can always see the cars not using the handbrake (The brake lights turn on only when using the actual brake) and you're already going 20-30 by the time their cars first start moving.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind racing with hardcores or casuals in rooms to have fun, because that's who I am, to have fun. But when you get treated unfairly and get rammed off course, then the fun just dies. Although I don't mind that in arcade racing games but games like GT? No. I want at least a fair casual race, not a Burnout Festival of Crash 'n' Burn.

I believe there's something wrong if you think you'll find clean racing in publicly available races. That's asking a bit much. These are console games after all, there's going to a larger amount of problematic players.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind racing with hardcores or casuals in rooms to have fun, because that's who I am, to have fun. But when you get treated unfairly and get rammed off course, then the fun just dies. Although I don't mind that in arcade racing games but games like GT? No. I want at least a fair casual race, not a Burnout Festival of Crash 'n' Burn.
I don't know where you've been treated unfairly or rammed off constantly, but in my races I've been raced pretty clean once the good drivers escape the Brazilian Banzais. Granted the 2nd and 3rd race with the 600pp cars and the euro hatchbacks were pretty dirty, but thats just a given with boost and bad handling cars on tracks that aren't very big. If you're truly expecting clean races on a console simcade game in the public lobbies, then you're expecting too much. If you want that, you need iRacing which I believe is coming out with a free lite version now.

Gran Turismo is basically an arcade game with decent physics. I mean, it's based on starting in the back of short races and having to catch the leader and passing him, and then you use credits to buy cars and generic upgrades. The sounds are something you'd hear in an arcade game, and the cars just bounce off each other like rubber balls and get a few scratches with no actual effect on performance.

That's why I always avoid 'Quick Matches' in games, and instead go to Open Lobbies to search for a room, mostly for Free Runs.

I don't know where you've been treated unfairly or rammed off constantly, but in my races I've been raced pretty clean once the good drivers escape the Brazilian Banzais. Granted the 2nd and 3rd race with the 600pp cars and the euro hatchbacks were pretty dirty, but thats just a given with boost and bad handling cars on tracks that aren't very big. If you're truly expecting clean races on a console simcade game in the public lobbies, then you're expecting too much. If you want that, you need iRacing which I believe is coming out with a free lite version now.

Gran Turismo is basically an arcade game with decent physics. I mean, it's based on starting in the back of short races and having to catch the leader and passing him, and then you use credits to buy cars and generic upgrades. The sounds are something you'd hear in an arcade game, and the cars just bounce off each other like rubber balls and get a few scratches with no actual effect on performance.
Guess I did expected too much from a game that markets itself "The Real Driving Simulator" and then get called a simcade... But alas, that's consoles for ya. And no, I'm not those "hardcore sim racers" type of people either.

That's why I always avoid 'Quick Matches' in games, and instead go to Open Lobbies to search for a room, mostly for Free Runs.

Guess I did expected too much from a game that markets itself "The Real Driving Simulator" and then get called a simcade... But alas, that's consoles for ya. And no, I'm not those "hardcore sim racers" type of people either.
Yeah, it simulates driving very well. If you want to take a dream car and go for a relaxed cruise around some amazing locations, GT is the game for you.

But PD has no idea what they're doing when it comes to racing those cars.

Yeah, it simulates driving very well. If you want to take a dream car and go for a relaxed cruise around some amazing locations, GT is the game for you.

But PD has no idea what they're doing when it comes to racing those cars.
Hell yeah crusing in GT is my kind of thing. :D That's basically what I like to do a lot over racing. :)

Just tried this new mode. Did 3 races and was pushed of the track constantly, tried to overtake some cars but got pushed of again. Cars looked like destruction derby cars when they came over the finish.

I love this mode, but it needs some adjustments:
  • No boost
  • No SRF
  • Option to kick that one player that plays dirty and ruins the race
  • Cars the same level (everyone has a NSX!)
The Super GT race is everything you described just now... Except for the option to kick.

The Super GT race is everything you described just now... Except for the option to kick.

Its the only one I'm racing. Everyone is clean there except two or three 🤬 guys who win races by crashing others into the barriers at the straight!

Its the only one I'm racing. Everyone is clean there except two or three 🤬 guys who win races by crashing others into the barriers at the straight!
Haven't had that issue yet. Lol. Only issue ive had were 2 drivers that constantly went way wide on the entry the the corner that differentiates F and GT to improve there time by a few tenths, I hope they add a race that rotates tracks.

I noticed that i always playing with japanese ( im from malaysia btw ). Is it fixed region or i can change region manually ?

The 500pp quite fun and competitive. I can sense most of them using wheels

I'm sure they'll fix it as time goes on, but remember this was their first time doing this.

No, it wasn't. They have years of GT5P experience of what works and what doesn't, as well as lots and lots of data about what races are run in open lobbies and which ones are popular.

If they're only just starting to gather information now, then they're way too far behind where they should be.

I rather find that Horizon does a better job of that for me. Open world, real roads, good music, I can really get into the flow of just driving around from place to place.

In online lobbies theres the option to choose SRF on or off,an addition of a simple option to race with damage on or off before choosing what catergory to race in would be a great,and probably not that difficult to implement addition,if you don't want to have a smash and dash,but actually race.

Last edited:
PD really has to do something about dirty driving/track limits. Racing in Spa is a joke. No one takes the first (after Eau Rouge) or the last chicane.

Latest Posts

Back