Real GT5 Addicted Fans Group. GT5 Forever!!!

Ah, the good old days of GT5, thank god I have my old save from my old account. I come back from time to time. I remember I bought the Civic Type R '97 on November, 24th 2010, but every old car I bought or shared (Which now I can't use them) or they lose thumbnails.

To bad that GT5 lacks online now..

So I have been sick of GT6 lately. I have been working through the old games starting with 2. GT1 controls is annoying on PS3 is why I skipped it. Anyway, here I am at GT5 again. I feel like I am seeing a long lost friend after years apart. The physics are close enough for a controller user imo, GT6 does feel a little more realistic though. But the fact I am on a controller makes that less of a concern. The AI seem more sensible than 6 so far. They act more like they did in GT4 with a few surprising moments here and there. The pack being fairly tight at the start gives the races more excitement too. GT6 seems like 1 lap magic over and over after a while the way the pack is spread out. Freedom is another thing GT5 has for it. A Red Bull in the Sunday Cup is not my cup of tea, but to have freedom to do it feels oddly satisfying. The Challenges are well made, and actually challenging to a degree.

It's going to be awhile until GT6 gets booted up again it seems.

I remember everything about this game,and still enjoy it to this day. Doesn't feel the same without online however, really wish online would eventually return.

GT6 seems like 1 lap magic over and over after a while the way the pack is spread out..

This is what I noticed right away, and it's the reason I didn't get too far into 6 before I was missing 5. I mean, don't get me wrong, GT6 has more-refined physics and better graphics, but the A-spec challenge feels very 1-sided. And I'm all about the challenge! I like races in which the AI challenges not just me, but also each other, throughout the entire race. GT6 it just felt like they were all following each other, not really getting into each others' business.

I think it has a lot to do with online racing too. PD must have figured "hey, most folks are just going to breeze through A-spec anyway, and will mostly be focusing on online stuff." Correct me if I"m off-base here, but that's what it feels like to me. It's a condition suffered by other games which used to be single player but have switched to online.

Agreed. Wasn't just online that was amazing, the AI give a much stronger challenge not only to you but to themselves, and that is what makes offline somewhat enjoyable. Such a shame online had to go, it took out a big chunk of the game, I really hope online will eventually return.

I really hope online will eventually return.

Me too, I'd be all about GT5 online. I mean, how would that work? PD will never sponsor online again for this game perhaps, but I wonder why some 3rd-party organization can't host online races? I know PD would have to allow this, and it'd be a huge legal thing, but the technology is still there, right? It's not like PD is using it anymore.

Ach, it'll never happen!

Agreed. Wasn't just online that was amazing, the AI give a much stronger challenge not only to you but to themselves, and that is what makes offline somewhat enjoyable. Such a shame online had to go, it took out a big chunk of the game, I really hope online will eventually return.
If this was a PC game it'd be pretty easy to mod online back into the game (they did a similar thing with NFS World) but I don't see it happening with GT5.
Sadly, even if it came back, I'm pretty sure the nostalgia factor would soon wear out and it'd be nothing special, GT5 online was great for its time but arguably it's long over.

"GT5 was great for it's time but it's long over."

Those words kinda stopped me briefly.

I remember standing in line in December 2006 to pay $500 for the new PS3.

I bought it strictly with the excitement of Gran Turismo HD.

So many memories, so much money spent on sim racing gear.

I went crazy with it.

Started with a DFGT, G25, G27, on to Fanatech CSR elite, Playseat custom rig..
Club sport pedals on and on.

Countless hours online, my dog hated me and I seriously lost a girlfriend over it.

But, I don't care to admit that is how much of a powerful impact racing sims have made in my life.
It's my hobby, it's what I do.

Sadly current GT doesn't give me that feeling 3, 4, and 5 did.

XXI
Gran Turismo HD
That demo is what put GT5 on the map for development over the past 4 years into it. It was actually going to be a release title, but failed in terms of not knowing what the consumer wanted or what Kaz wanted for the matter. I have GT: High Definition on my other Account that is not listed on GTP because I just don't use my PS3 as much as I used to at all.

GT4 did feel kind of GT5 ish to me, it was like they were going to test the online portion first to see if they could get the packets of data sending in the right places. But, when I first bought GT5 I was happy trading cars, tuning, and paints could be shared, including some pretty rare cars that never showed up. The prizes were the best in terms of grinding for cash, the Ferrari one I remember correctly.

However, I think the peak of the GT series was just when they were entering the PS2 age or Gran Turismo 2 being specifically the game that pretty much had people impressed at the time.

Yes the ability to trade, tune, paint, and collect.
It's always been for me the great racing, the community.
I never really thought it would just stall out like this.
One can only hope what was once great can repeat itself.
I remain positively optimistic about GT Sport and future titles.

Yeah,
I came back, AGAIN! Must be my 7th run-through. And still enjoying it, along with the goofy oil changes and car washes that gave so much character to the game. I love souping up the "E type" Jag and waxing many newer cars with it. Iguess I'll have to register with PSN to get the log-in bonus, if that is still available. A lot harder to make money without all those wonderful seasonals. I particularly miss the "Eiffel" track which was kind of like low flying, just flowing over the terrain.

The way I have been making money, is to race in the Indy 5 lapper (American cars) for about 98,000 credits. Unless there is a faster/easier way.??? I use the Ford GT LM SpecII

Keep the faith brothers, Hopefully GT Sport will deliver.
Cheers, Pete

I play Assetto Corsa on PS4 these days and I can't go back to GT6.

For some reason I loaded GT5 yesterday evening on a new user account and worked my way through licence tests and special events. By the time I'd decided to take a break I was shocked to find it was after midnight! I had plenty of good fun and will be making further progress this evening.

The fact that Gt5 still has about an averaged size community is good, I still wish the magic of online was with us.
If this small community remains active about it : great. If online comes back : Even better. That's all I can say

The fact that Gt5 still has about an averaged size community is good, I still wish the magic of online was with us.
If this small community remains active about it : great. If online comes back : Even better. That's all I can say
GT5 online gave me some of the best moments of my PlayStation life lol, just chilling out on the top gear test track showing off my rare cars I got in the used dealership... Good times :)

Bringing back the servers makes the game more "Playable" especially for B-spec. I really believe they will come back someday.

#BRINGBACKGT5

While it is possible that we may be able to race our B-Spec drivers against each other again in a future iteration, I doubt very much that GT5 would ever go online again. My GT5 save (as I mentioned in a previous post) is almost a 'precious memories' log book - one that I can dip into anytime. It's almost like going back in time or visiting a planet once lived on. I don't regret having it, and don't regret all the time spent on it.
In fact, AFAIK, I'm the only person in the world who played the entire game offline as a test (of its non-DLC attractiveness - and documented in another thread in this sub-forum) before I downloaded all the updates in a bunch when the last update was announced. In a sense it was like playing two games - a before and an after - a great experience, and one that will be a memory for a long time.

All I have to do is start up the game - and I'm hooked again for several hours.

I could easily assume that there are many players out there unable to afford a PS3/GT6, and are playing GT5. You must miss online, of course, but we still have GTPlanet. You still have company.

I’m with GT5 as my go to for offline racing fun at the moment. I recently reinstalled it, but only updated it through version 2.11 to allow for some “extra” fun now that the online service is no longer available. Although I could afford GTS and a PS4 Pro I don’t have the desire currently to purchase with all the problems that seem to be occurring based on the various threads I’ve read. Most important it’s a online game and until those problems clear up I wouldn’t consider it at the moment.

Have you GT5 fans noticed how many “thread messages” are in GT5 versus all the other GT’s. It’s interesting that all the messages of all the other GT’s combined don’t even total the messages of GT5. GT5 is the winner again.

Have you GT5 fans noticed how many “thread messages” are in GT5 versus all the other GT’s. It’s interesting that all the messages of all the other GT’s combined don’t even total the messages of GT5. GT5 is the winner again.
When compared to GT6, GT5 is a winner in mostly everything.

• Single player career mode
  • Feel of the game (felt fresh)
  • Used Dealership
  • Top Gear Teat Track
  • Better Special events
  • OCD/Better seasonal events
  • Better layout in menus, made it feel more traditional (in my opinion)
  • GT Academy cars (they felt special to have at the time)
  • No damned Stockyard!!! We had a 2000 car garage limit
  • Track editor (that we can use in game)
  • Ticket system (the excitement of getting a decent car in a level ticket)
There is not much advantages in GT6 over GT5 in my opinion.

• Updated Standard cars (semi-premiums & some standard cars from GT5 turned into fully premium in GT6)
  • More cars (but not many)
  • Faster loading times
  • More tracks & updated tracks
  • Higher credit cap
I could play GT5 for hours on end, I got bored of GT6 after a couple of hours. GT6 is still good, it's decent. It's not bad at all. But it gets extremely boring after a couple of hours. GT5 felt fresh, & with the ticket system & used dealership, it had kept me going for years.

Exactly ! Also after reading all the problems, frustrations, and stress related to status that seems to be occurring with the GTS players, it wouldn’t surprise me if many don’t migrate back to the great GT’s of old.

When compared to GT6, GT5 is a winner in mostly everything.

• Single player career mode
  • Feel of the game (felt fresh)
  • Used Dealership
  • Top Gear Teat Track
  • Better Special events
  • OCD/Better seasonal events
  • Better layout in menus, made it feel more traditional (in my opinion)
  • GT Academy cars (they felt special to have at the time)
  • No damned Stockyard!!! We had a 2000 car garage limit
  • Track editor (that we can use in game)
  • Ticket system (the excitement of getting a decent car in a level ticket)
There is not much advantages in GT6 over GT5 in my opinion.

• Updated Standard cars (semi-premiums & some standard cars from GT5 turned into fully premium in GT6)
  • More cars (but not many)
  • Faster loading times
  • More tracks & updated tracks
  • Higher credit cap
I could play GT5 for hours on end, I got bored of GT6 after a couple of hours. GT6 is still good, it's decent. It's not bad at all. But it gets extremely boring after a couple of hours. GT5 felt fresh, & with the ticket system & used dealership, it had kept me going for years.

I would have to disagree with you on a couple of things.
The two biggest improvements in GT6 over GT5 are.

1. The physics. In GT6 the cars respond to body roll & weight transfer and also how weight transfer effects braking. It's much more realistic compared to GT5.

2. Tuning
With the updated physics comes the tuning. It's by far the best in the Entire GT Series. You will not be disappointed if your someone who enjoys adjusting the handling of your cars. It's absolutely my favorite thing about GT6.

3. Online
While this has nothing to do with game quality GT6 is still playable online and this makes the game worth playing to many because it has not been reduced to a single player game yet.

4. Over 300 Premium cars
They are just a step above anything else in GT5. Completely for immersion and realistic attributes. The immersion is just so much better from cockpit view being able to see the detailed interior front and back. They also include more and better looking exterior upgrades.

GT5 definitely still has some advantages over GT6 and I agree with you on these.

1.Single player career mode.
2. Used Dealership (to bad its useless now).
3. Better layout in menus
4. No damned Stockyard!!!

So that my opinion between the two but the bottom line is they are both great examples of what a GT title is supposed to be. Who knows if we will ever see a real GT game again. Like a proper GT7

I would have to disagree with you on a couple of things.
The two biggest improvements in GT6 over GT5 are.

1. The physics. In GT6 the cars respond to body roll & weight transfer and also how weight transfer effects braking. It's much more realistic compared to GT5.

2. Tuning
With the updated physics comes the tuning. It's by far the best in the Entire GT Series. You will not be disappointed if your someone who enjoys adjusting the handling of your cars. It's absolutely my favorite thing about GT6.

3. Online
While this has nothing to do with game quality GT6 is still playable online and this makes the game worth playing to many because it has not been reduced to a single player game yet.

4. Over 300 Premium cars
They are just a step above anything else in GT5. Completely for immersion and realistic attributes. The immersion is just so much better from cockpit view being able to see the detailed interior front and back. They also include more and better looking exterior upgrades.

GT5 definitely still has some advantages over GT6 and I agree with you on these.

1.Single player career mode.
2. Used Dealership (to bad its useless now).
3. Better layout in menus
4. No damned Stockyard!!!

So that my opinion between the two but the bottom line is they are both great examples of what a GT title is supposed to be. Who knows if we will ever see a real GT game again. Like a proper GT7
That's your opinion & I completely respect that. Valid* points there.

I did mention about the cars being updated (more updated premium/semi premium cars) just in case you missed that.

And with online, I think it had took a step forward & a step back. Why? In GT5 we had:

• Opening/Closing messages
  • Top Gear Test Track lobbies (those where the best lobbied to join at the time in my opinion)
  • Shuffle racing
But in GT6, we had some improvements:

• Faster loading times (we didn't have the garage bug where it would freeze upon opening your garage which we had in GT5 or it would take forever to load up)
  • Easier to create a room in my opinion, few more options I think (could be wrong)
  • The custom track lobbies (The glitched created tracks etc.)
I enjoyed GT5 a lot more than I have enjoyed GT6. The only thing I disliked about GT5 online was loading the garage up. Took forever sometimes. But I respect your opinion, & I hope you're still having fun with GT6 if you still play it. & you're right I agree! They were both great GT titles. Had a lot of fun on them both. :)

Last edited:
That's your opinion & I completely respect that. Some valid points there.

I did mention about the cars being updated (more updated premium/semi premium cars) just in case you missed that.

And with online, I think it had took a step forward & a step back. Why? In GT5 we had:

• Opening/Closing messages
  • Top Gear Test Track lobbies (those where the best lobbied to join at the time in my opinion)
  • Shuffle racing
But in GT6, we had some improvements:

• Faster loading times (we didn't have the garage bug where it would freeze upon opening your garage which we had in GT5 or it would take forever to load up)
  • Easier to create a room in my opinion, few more options I think (could be wrong)
  • The custom track lobbies (The glitched created tracks etc.)
I enjoyed GT5 a lot more than I have enjoyed GT6. The only thing I disliked about GT5 online was loading the garage up. Took forever sometimes. But I respect your opinion, & I hope you're still having fun with GT6 if you still play it. & you're right I agree! They were both great GT titles. Had a lot of fun on them both. :)

I play GT6 almost everyday. I spend most of the time offline but I do belong to a few groups (2 on here) for some really fun organized but laid-back racing. I'm really into tuning and that's why I like GT6 so much but not everyone is into that. I definitely respect your opinion too because you have some very solid points. Both GT5 & GT6 have their strong attributes and some bad ones as well. To bad GT5 isn't online anymore because I have it and I think it would nice to play both of them online from time to time. I really do miss the some of GT5's features.

I play GT6 almost everyday. I spend most of the time offline but I do belong to a few groups (2 on here) for some really fun organized but laid-back racing. I'm really into tuning and that's why I like GT6 so much but not everyone is into that. I definitely respect your opinion too because you have some very solid points. Both GT5 & GT6 have their strong attributes and some bad ones as well. To bad GT5 isn't online anymore because I have it and I think it would nice to play both of them online from time to time. I really do miss the some of GT5's features.
Unfortunately, due to my TV's HDMI port starting to wear away, I only play on the ps4 now. :/ So I have to wait until I can get a HDMI port with a couple extra ports so I can have 2 HDMI cables in one tv.

So I can't play on GT6 everyday now. :( I actually will miss it, I'm not going to lie. May of not been the best GT, but overall, it still was a decent racing game. I've never sold it, & I've had it since the day it came out. It's lasted longer than any other of my PS3 games (apart from GT5 & GT5 prologue). & what I mean by that is, I usually sell games every month as I'm low on money. (Need a part time job lol) I still have the receipts for when I bought the GT6 Anniversary edition. That was an awesome day, the hype was strong.

But I 100% think that they should bring back online for GT5 which sounds crazy & I also agree that they were high great games. GT5 will always come up in my top 3 GT games.

We all know what makes GT5 very special to us and I guess some of you here know what I'm talking about. I wouldn't mention what it is because it really is still special in these days.

GT5 online wasn't just a game, it was an experience. I'd spend hours online playing as well as countless hours arguing with my now loving wife on how "not dumb" the game is.

It was the most fun I've ever had as far as games go and for me personally this is what I miss the most.

Drag Racing (Yes I can hear you real racers grumbling and thats not real racing :rolleyes:)

Dirty shuffle (if you never did it you missed out)

And last but not least would trading and pink slip races. One of the best things about GT5 was the rarity factor. Trading rare cars, tickets, paints, ect was really fun and it was nice to know if you pulled out a Nardo or Saubers most guys would die of jealousy. I can remember how elated I was when I picked up a No Stripe Ford GT from the UCD. May not be special to you guys but in the 1/4 it was significant.

GT5 was so great because the timing was right. The graphics were great for the time, vehicles looked, sounded good (well most of them) and online was really taking off.

But take everything else away and I probably miss the comradery the most. Meet some really cool people back then and it seems like times have changed alot in such a short amount of time.

Back