RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
6 hours to deadline... Mr Onboy !!!.

tambour1.gif

Thanks to Dylan for hosting the event and all that helped such as Onboy, Praiano and any others.

Im above a Zonda and a Miura thatll do me.

Congratulations Praiano.

It's the Final Countdown (4 hours) also thank you for that spreadsheet praiano63 saved me alot of time :)

I will start sending out prizes tomorrow if GT5 servers are up!

EDIT: Due to the Internet being well Stupid I just want to say it is 8:18PM here in Ireland (GMT) not 7:18PM as the Internet says!

Also it's pretty much done now so i'll add the Final Results to the 1st post asap :D

Last edited:
Again thanks to dylan and the tuners for letting me partake in this fantastic event! I had a blast with these cars not only at Laguna but Monaco as well.

Nice job and Kudos to Praiano!!!!!!

Indy

It's the Final Countdown (4 hours)

But...everything's done now, isn't it? By the way, I said I would do some testing, but in the end the only one I tested was the Desperado Pikes Peak :lol: And it wasn't bad. Tranny was set up well and it cornered pretty good too. :)

Are we really going to wait for the other 2 drivers? Seems like a waste I agree with Praiano.

I agree also, there's no chance they are participating in this anymore. They have not said a word since the first few days.

Thanks everybody, it was so close, less than a second on total time.... Incredible. But the classification by itself is not very important. The most important is that the shootout reveal incredibles cars , incredibles different way to tune a car, i'm thinking about slayer for example, that have tuned his M3 totaly the opposit most of the people tune this car and the result is fantastic. Where else can we learn something like this. Those shootouts are amazing for this reasons and i can't wait the next one and the next........

Congratulations to every tester and every tuner. Great job everybody.

Congrats everyone! Very exciting finish. I sorted the results one last time and added a rank column at the end.

I accomplished my goals, which were to have fun and not embarrass myself with a bad tune. I am surprised and happy to have the faster Zonda.

Thanks again to all the testers! Look for a PM from me about a little thank you gift. Cheers! :cheers: :gtpflag:

I definitely learned some things with this, good work everyone.
Congrats to Praiano for the W, and zero for second with an MR car, of all things.

Damn you Onboy all you had to do was not post those last 2 times and I'm in 6th!:lol: Just joking with you mon.:D Good job with the tests everyone and a big thanks!
I think the thing I'm happiest about is how consistent most of the drivers were with the Bergmeister's times. Saw that a lot of the cars were either super fast or comparatively slow depending on the driver, while most of the times (LexSombra is a Brazilian driving alien :D) fell within a window that was only a hair over 1 second difference with the Bergmeister. My goal was to make it a consistently fast easy drive for everyone and I seemed to have accomplished that. Thanks again to all the testers you guys did a great job.👍👍:gtpflag:

I definitely learned some things with this, good work everyone.
Congrats to Praiano for the W, and zero for second with an MR car, of all things.

Thanks for the acknowledgement 👍 I am happy with the turn out because of all the AWD drive tunes that got submitted. Picking a difficult car to tune paid off in the end.

Thanks for the acknowledgement 👍 I am happy with the turn out because of all the AWD drive tunes that got submitted. Picking a difficult car to tune paid off in the end.
Not to take anything away from your fine tune and performance but I seem to recall that back when the shootout started the odds on favorite to win this was some sort of lotus and then everyone jumped ship so to speak and started looking for the anti-lotus so we didn't have a half dozen of the same car.
Of course we still wound up with 3 R8s and a couple CSLs so...:D
Makes me wonder if maybe someone skipped the lotus because they were trying to be different. Guess we'll have to wait until next year to see what the anti-R8 is.:lol:

11th eh, not bad for a car that normally has 220hp more. But God damn, look at the difference between myself and slump overall!! :eek: That's just insanely close. Couldn't you boys drive a couple of thousandths faster?!!? :lol:

But I just realised, I've got the best Lambo in the shootout. :cool::D

Not to take anything away from your fine tune and performance but I seem to recall that back when the shootout started the odds on favorite to win this was some sort of lotus and then everyone jumped ship so to speak and started looking for the anti-lotus so we didn't have a half dozen of the same car.
Makes me wonder if maybe someone skipped the lotus because they were trying to be different. Guess we'll have to wait until next year to see what the anti-R8 is.:lol:
I don't think there will be many anti-4WD cars period.
It seems the general flow of 4WD gets the advantage for most drivers.
I just realized a stock GT-R could have easily been extremely competitive in this, at the very least, an R34 GT-R had it not been "Euro". "Euro" just limited the amount of fast 4WD's available.

Everyone was talking about the Elise, also everyone was saying AWD was the drivetrain of choice. :sly:

EDIT: Just checked entry list 5 Audi tunes LOL. Seems like a small group of you landed in the same ship LOL.

Last edited:
Everyone was talking about the Elise, also everyone was saying AWD was the drivetrain of choice. :sly:
It was, the fact your MR made second is nothing short of amzazing, great work.

But if this had been "worldwide", we would have a plethora of 4WD cars up top, as the R8 isn't quite top dog in that category, Japanese cars typically rule PP categories, go figure PD.

11th eh, not bad for a car that normally has 220hp more. But God damn, look at the difference between myself and slump overall!! :eek: That's just insanely close. Couldn't you boys drive a couple of thousandths faster?!!? :lol:

But I just realised, I've got the best Lambo in the shootout. :cool::D

13th is also good for a basic tune :P

As Onboy said:
Basic tune is basic and basic is good.

raVer

13th is also good for a basic tune :P

As Onboy said:
Basic tune is basic and basic is good.

raVer

Yeah, my comment was better. :P

Mafia_boy’s Lamborghini Gallardo
Quick. Easy to drive. Idiot-proof. Fun. Could be quicker. I need driving lessons. Good car, crap driver.

All those highlighted & underlined parts explain why it suited onboy so well. :lol: jk mate. :D

It was, the fact your MR made second is nothing short of amzazing, great work.

But if this had been "worldwide", we would have a plethora of 4WD cars up top, as the R8 isn't quite top dog in that category, Japanese cars typically rule PP categories, go figure PD.

If this would have been world wide, I would have entered a 22b. My 22b tune @ 500pp does 1:29's with little effort.

I know a person should not be happy with 17th place but...... Yahoo!!!!!! Finished (on average) 3+ seconds from first in a OPEL:scared:. Great job tuners, great cars , even better tunes. Awesome job testers, having to drive so many different cars from the Caterham to the Audi Pikes Peak (?wha..) to the R8 Tronic you are amazing. Thank you Dylans for hosting a great event, great thinking and vision. To Onboy for giving me the Fastest Featherweight award..*wipes tear..sniff..sniff* . and most of all congrats to Praiano for the greatness you have shown with your car and your tune I only wish I could be one-quarter the tuner you are.👍. Well my time's up, so see you at the next one. Thanks again and good night:dopey:

Just moved the link for this shootout from the F.I.T. Current Events to the Event Archives.

As they say this one is in the history books!:D
We made some great history here and I know things will only get better.

Remember
As Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

I know a person should not be happy with 17th place but...... Yahoo!!!!!! Finished (on average) 3+ seconds from first in a OPEL:scared:. Great job tuners, great cars , even better tunes. Awesome job testers, having to drive so many different cars from the Caterham to the Audi Pikes Peak (?wha..) to the R8 Tronic you are amazing. Thank you Dylans for hosting a great event, great thinking and vision. To Onboy for giving me the Fastest Featherweight award..*wipes tear..sniff..sniff* . and most of all congrats to Praiano for the greatness you have shown with your car and your tune I only wish I could be one-quarter the tuner you are.👍. Well my time's up, so see you at the next one. Thanks again and good night:dopey:

Thanks my friend but i'm not such a great tuner as you say. I just drive a lot GT since a long time and that's why perhaps i understand how the cars works in the game. But i'm just a beginner and don't know a lot about cars in the real life. That's the difference between me and a lot of people around here.
My business is fish , this , i know . A lot. No cars. So if i can do some tunes, you also can. Just need time ,passion and dedication, like everything in our life.
Have a good night.

Back