Seasonal Event - SSR5 is the most fun I've had on GT5 so far.

• Thread starter MidianGTX
  • 180 comments
Also: has anybody got a good solid suspension setup, cause I'm completely clueless when tuning race cars, I usually drift.... ? Help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Golded SSR5 just now, happy.
Used GT-R V Spec. For perfomance, bought only sport filter.
Then maxed own downforce, shorted a gears, stiffed a suspension.

Won a race with 5 SEC split, which could be better.

You should have lap time under 1:29

Also: has anybody got a good solid suspension setup, cause I'm completely clueless when tuning race cars, I usually drift.... ? Help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Stock suspension, Sports exhaust, Full downforce, and Sports Soft tires is all I did.

Got it silvered on my second try with the GT-R SpecV, that's good enough for now.

The Fiat500 one was even better, though.

Thiss is the face I made while slipstraming past my opponents at a mindboggling 120km/h!

jeremy-clarkson.jpg

Got first with a GT-R 07.
Oil change will put you exactly at the HP limit.

Added aero and tuned the differential to handle more to my liking and had the sport suspension. Did all the weight upgrades.

Overtook the last guy around the chicanes at the end of the lap.

Was running consistent 1:27.xxx

I bought a stock Nissan GTR '07 , did not tune anything... Just changed some oil went to SSR5 did some practice laps to lower my HP until its just enough for the event. It was tense chasing the Ford GT! Then I finally caught up with him during the last few corners and KA-CHING!

This was funny indeed! I set the central diff to 10:90 front/rear and tuned a bit suspensions to make my V-Spec prone to oversteering and then taking the two chicane of SSR5 was the part I enjoyed more, it took me some attempts but it was a easy million to get ;)

J32
Aboslutely love this event. Got it on my second try, the first try I got second. All weight reduction/Torque sensing diff (40/60)/racing filter/sport softs.
Top tip there ! I got 2nd on my first two goes, bought the TSD and used this setup... gold next go. All seasonal events now gold.

I hope PD make a regular habit of providing these type of events in 2011.

Im tired of this! :grumpy:, i buyed one GT-R SpecV 09' for 5th place, i already had 1,(If 556 HP, if Aero Parts and that stuff), but cant enter because he has 4 more HP.

So i cant get more then 5th place, and this race, doesn't make me fun at all, i just golded the CRZ Event, which i am very happy, the Fiat, only 2nd place, but im gonna try more, the others i dont have the car that requires.

So anybody can please tell me how to win the event of Nissan? Step by step pls, but i dont want to waste a lot of money because, after getting gold in this event, im gonna trade the car.

PS: He has 499 hp, weight reduction stage 2, carbon hood.

Finally completed this after shelling out on a new V Spec. Used the Lion's Den tune and Sports Softs. Brilliant tune, I was hitting mid/high 25s even though I'd geared it wrong and with only stage 1 weight reduction. The car runs the race over 20 seconds faster than I could achieve with my R32, and ended up almost 9 seconds ahead of second place.

If you want gold:

V Spec with Sports Soft tyres, air filter, weight reduction of your choice, aero of your choice (I didn't buy the rear wing for aesthetic reasons) and then use this tune.

Getting first place almost pays for the car over second place, so you can look at as getting a good prize car.

There's a lot of time to be saved on the first left hander after the tunnel if you go in slow (2nd gear), hugging the wall tightly and then punching out. You can then carry a lot of speed up to the left hander the goes under the bridge just before the hairpin. No need to brake until the bridge, just lift slightly to transfer weight through the kink, and only brake lightly to go under the bridge, hugging the walls and staying in 4th. Good luck!

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had lots of fun with these. I got 7th with a stock one, fourth with soft tires, which really helped, and then I got second after messing with aero, suspension, and gearing. Got me my FGT, so that made it even better. :)

managed a gold with a GT-R 07 with stage 1 and 2 weight reduction and sport soft tires i believe...it'll easily get you gold. Beat the Ford GT by a good 5 6 seconds

I agree, this was really fun. Found myself totally immersed in the game during that competion. And the cockpit view of the GT-R '09 at night is to die for :)

Spend about an hour with the GT-R ' '09. Came in second that stopped there. May revisit and try for first.

The most fun I've had on GT5 by a long way. The Dodge Charger race at Indy is fun as well, but a lot easier.

For the SSR5 race, I bought an 09 Spec-V, added a race air filter to get it to 492 BHP, all weight reduction mods, ridgity improvement, fully customisable transmission, all drivetrain mods, sport soft tyres and all aero parts.

I then set the variable centre diff to 10% front and 90% rear (most of the traction benefits of 4WD, none of the understeer), maximum speed to about 184 mph (to allow for slipstreaming on the long straight), and won by about 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Got 8th in my R33, 6th in my R34, gonna try it with an R35 tonight just 'cause it looks like it's necessary. It's a really ugly car though. :(

Sounds about where I'm at with the V SPec 09. I can run low 129's but finish about 4 seconds out. Prolly a lot to do with my entry and exit so I'll run a few more later on.

took about 6 tries but I finnaly got it! That was a blast of a challenge! Caught the last car coming to the line! I used no rear downforce, and jacked the rear brake up a bit so I could rotate through the center of most of the corners. Oversteer is your friend here.

Got 8th in my R33, 6th in my R34, gonna try it with an R35 tonight just 'cause it looks like it's necessary. It's a really ugly car though. :(

I tried it in an R32, thinking I could get it quite a bit lighter than the R35 and with similar power. It doesn't work, you need an R35 really. I did a back to back test and my R35 is about 5 seconds per lap quicker, with the same level of tuning

I didnt read the requirements to the race properly and i used a bone stock GTR v-spec 09 with Sports hard tyres. I was knocking fastest lap after fastest lap and the best i could come was 3rd. Nearly busted a vein trying!

So i decided to read to requirements and saw that you could chose Sports Soft! So off to the shops i go, get a set of sports soft and while im there, i stripped the weight (stage 3) and put a racing flywheel and double clutch.

Then, since i already knew how hard to push and how much speed to carry in the corners, i was 1st by the 4th lap on my first attempt.

Was a relief to win that one eventually after all i went through!

Just beat it now.

Passed the GT out of the tunnel on Lap 5 and won by 7.656 sec. Best lap was 1'26.060"

What a great race.

this is probably the best event in the whole game, it's not too hard but satisfyingly challenging, took me 3 attempts, first 2 times finished 2nd being 3sec behind the GT, 3rd time finished with 0.2sec to spare with the Veyron in my slipstream and me frantically trying to block his pass, shame u can only earn the money and experience once :(

I bought a GTR spec V for this (so far I have bought an R34, R35, and R35 V)

The V is the way to go. First try I was 0.004 behind the Ford GT. Im going to try again in a few. I should be able to get it

does anyone know if you can thrash this event with a motul, woodone, calsonic, xanavi or yellowhat gtr? At the dealership their stats are 493bhp and 1100kgs except for the the motul autech gtr which is 443bhp.
I dont have the cash for one so i cant see if its eligible.

Back