Sierra Time Rally Round 4

• Thread starter Tyger
  • 88 comments
I did it from the 2nd try, in first try i misscaluculaited a turn and went off.
You will never run out of time, and be patient specially in the end when there will be like 4 cars at once to overtake in a tight slow corners... but theyll clear themselves

Almost did a perfect run with around 50 overtakes on my first try. However in the last section i realised that I don't have enough time, so I freaked out a bit and hit the barrier in the last corner. I managed to cross the finish line exactly the moment I had 0 seconds left. Gold with 1,282,632 points.

I got 2.09 million points and I used nitrous.

I´m SO NOT doing that again.

1,93 mill for the 4th try, were there any nitros?
I like the car, the weather, the traffic, but not that sega rally gamemode, so I'm playing it for the 100% stats only:(

The GTR Sierra is great fun!

I don't mind the drunk AI (usually;):banghead:) because the GTR handles so well:tup:

After about 5 attempts I've had a decent run with 61 overtakes:

Score -------------- 1,125,672
Remaining -- 55 ---- 550,000
Overtakes --- 61 ---- 305,000
Max Combo - 61 ---- 122,000
Perfect --------------- 200,000
---------------------------------
Total ----------------2,302,672

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Darn cars get in my Frikin Way! :mad: Didn't expect the rain either. It took me a while to get gold and one time I was 17 points short of gold (I should of taken a picture but I was to furious).

Do you get more money for getting higher points? Or is the Gold Prize money the same regardless?

Do you get more money for getting higher points? Or is the Gold Prize money the same regardless?

Higher scores don't increase the Gold prize money.:(

They just make you smile!:):D

Also, you get the added bonus that the game tells you that:

"You have a new record":):D

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Last edited:
Got 2.2 million but I forgot to use nitrous.

I'm not doing it again.

Picture or it didn't happen

photo(1).JPG

Freaking hard event, because those idiot AI cars really do a lot of weird lines and moves. Lots of times they pushed me out of the road or moved in front of me just when I was overtaking them... And to this, add the huge rain in a part of the track, you cant see anything.
You have to be very careful in certain situations, for example when you catch some very slow cars like the Beetle, beware to not to run into them.

I don't have any problem with the rain but I agree with the AI. If the AI in this Sierra time trial act like the ones in the seasonal events, This would be a lot less annoying

I don't see what the problem with the AI is, there is a fair spread of drivers out there... some move out of the way, some hold their line and some act as if they haven't seen you, some loose control of their cars, and some drive a very slow line but seem to keep away from the apexes, some are just quite quick. Took me a few attempts to get a perfect, but mostly I was just clipping barriers. 2,195,xxx, 60 overtakes, 45 seconds left, perfect bonus.

Went 12 seconds faster than my previous, with 1 less overtake/combo, and a higher score.

(53 seconds remaining, 59 overtakes for a score of 2,255,738)

This has been the most frustrating one I've done yet. I'd try to work my way through a pack but too many would clump up, so I'd stick behind someone, then some freaking idiot forces his way onto the racing line.. which I'm on, causing me to lose my combo. Every time.

Great event! As a few people have already said the AI do bunch up a lot but I just find it hilarious watching a McLaren F1 get surrounded by 3 other cars. I had a decent run until I took a corner too fast in the rain but oh well, I scored around 2 million it'd be amazing if there was a mode were we got to pick the car to use :D

Like they teach UPS drivers at training school: Be prepared and expect the unexpected. Drive as if the AI wants to ruin your combo, because they do! Don't be afraid to take a corner at 50% what you would normally, to avoid losing your combo by those jerks.

God this is so frustrating....
I can't get a perfect, not even for the other 3 challenges.

I really don't see what the issue is with the AI, it almost feels a lot like a multiclass endurance race.

By the time you've run the event a few times you learn how the different cars behave, who is clean and who must be avoided, they don't all behave the same way.

I really don't see what the issue is with the AI, it almost feels a lot like a multiclass endurance race.

By the time you've run the event a few times you learn how the different cars behave, who is clean and who must be avoided, they don't all behave the same way.

I agree, if the AI were as good as the player, it would ultimately eliminate the combo bonus. It's interesting how the aggressive AI cars are older GT-R models.

I agree, if the AI were as good as the player, it would ultimately eliminate the combo bonus. It's interesting how the aggressive AI cars are older GT-R models.

The R32 is a great example, he will mostly follow your racing line to overtake the slower cars, but he then moves in line with the other cars, and you can just sail past. The two that really caused me the most issues, were the Muira, and the Cobra, both of which act as though they are the only car on the track. The Mach 1 that you reach at the 90 degree left hander on the bridge can't seem to do enough to stay out of the way! Also, I got hit by the A110 and didn't loose my combo bonus on one run.

Followed some of the advice here and got 1,689,816 on my next attempt. It does seem to pretty much need a perfect run. I may try it again to beat my score but I didn't realise you can't grind this, which is a shame.

Also apologies, didn't realise there was already a thread, did have a look but must have missed it. Also it's not technically a seasonal so not sure it should have been in that section anyway :)

The R32 is a great example, he will mostly follow your racing line to overtake the slower cars, but he then moves in line with the other cars, and you can just sail past. The two that really caused me the most issues, were the Muira, and the Cobra, both of which act as though they are the only car on the track. The Mach 1 that you reach at the 90 degree left hander on the bridge can't seem to do enough to stay out of the way! Also, I got hit by the A110 and didn't loose my combo bonus on one run.
I loved jumping the Alpine for a +4 jump, then drifting while hitting the +1 jump. It feels like splitting the eye of the needle most every corner. Almost more lucky than good. Will enjoy working it until I get a perfect run. The choppiness of the screen is rough though. I need to learn the track well enough to run without the Driving Line. That seems to clean up a lot of the choppiness.

The fastest part of the track is wet, I save my Nitro for then, talk about threading the eye of the needle, feels more like flying an exploding jet aircraft through the strings of a tennis racket!

Great score :cheers: I managed about 2.300.000 on my first run. I`ll see if I can improve it, but it will take some practice to even get close to your score!

Let`s hope you don`t acheive a higher score then :nervous:

I wouldn't worry about me getting a better score, I know any gains to be had are not major and I already shredded my nerves just doing that score. :lol:

I wish you all the best in your endeavours. ;)👍

Back