Sierra challenge Nismo GT-R

• Thread starter croozer_63
  • 108 comments
Wow, this ones quite a challenge . Good on PD for giving us something that actually takes some thought. Am yet to gold this after 4 attempts, but looking forward to the challenge. Enjoy it, its cool fun.

Coming from an average driver like myself, I completely agree with you here. So far, three attempts and yet to get Gold. Really liking the difficulty in these events and the addition of weather change is a welcome challenge.

Managed to gold it after a couple more runs, ended up with a 1,670,000 point run, which included a 57 combo. Tried many times for a perfect run, but always something happens. This is so cool, plus you get the car for golding, sweet.

Last edited:
Managed to gold it after a couple more runs, ended up with a 1,550,000 point run, which included a 47 combo. Tried many times for a perfect run, but always something happens. This is so cool, plus you get the car for golding, sweet.

Great job croozer, great job. 👍

I had totally spaced out that these were even around, & I had only finished the first one. Sweet, I did the VW one on both my profiles. I had to try the GT-R, that one is going to take me some time. Old machine heads minions were slamming on me & spun me out twice. Needless to say time expired...

Finally a "perfect" practically stopping at some points(driving scared), especially in the rain not to crash. 63 combos, slow overall time though. 2.238 mil cr. Jontikis on my Lb 2.8+ mil cr !

Can anyone tell me if SRF fixed to ON in this challenge?

Yes, the SRF is fixed ON as it is for the other 3 trials. Actually it's probably a good thing considering how hard it rains. You can't even see the cars through the spray until they practically stop right in front of you. Frustrating but fun. I ran out of time with the finish line in sight. Kudos to those with a perfect race. Somebody usually slams into me killing my combo.

the hardest part is just avoiding the cars at one time there was 5 cars in the way and then right at end only had 5 seconds left. Had to just about stop to pass them.This probrably woulda been easier if I had used nitrous but forgot to assign it a button It was worth it though cause I got the Nismo.

What spray ?? :P

Try Nürburg 24' races guys, you'll get used to it.

Don't really like arcade-ish things, but this is the best Sierra event yet.
I am starting to like Sierra too.

AI is pretty predictable (as in: they WILL obstruct you, even if they have to work together) but it was not really fair when a bunch of five blocked the complete road at cruising speed, some 1k before the finish. They did not give way... and there was no possibility to pass ... :banghead:

It would be nice if PD found a happy medium between totally random AI and a robotic procession. No wait, that middle ground is called "Artificial Intelligence"

Last edited:
image.jpg

I saw and passed the X Bow and also the following,
Fisker Karma, Model S, Subaru S206 NBR, LFA NE, Acura NSX Concept, Boss 302 Stang, Genesis Coupe and the Chromeline 300SL (again). :D In that particular order. :P

Nearly golded this on my first go I got 1,071,855. Lost my combo at 33 its a nice challenge but the AI is all over the place and really makes it hard to guess which line the car in front is going to take.

Managed to 'Perfect' this one after 5 rage-induced attempts and 1 ragequit. :lol:
Ended up with around 1,700,000. Only caught up to that bright lime green Huayra before crossing the finish line.
Also, is it just me, or does that Beetle 1200 at the beginning of the race intentionally try to block you?

I got 1.69 million as I thought you just had to get perfect to max out the points so once I got to stage 9 or 10 I sort of babied it to make sure I would finish perfect. I ended up crossing the line with 9 secs left and 54 cars passed

now that I know the key is to also have time left for the multiplier I need to go back and try to get over 2 million

The most difficult part in my opinion are the places where you have to brake hard before a corner. Most of the time I found around 4 cars doing the turn at the same time as me, so I ended up crashing into them, since I could barely see them because of the spray from their tires. Got a silver prize, sometime later or tomorrow I will try to gold this and the Ferrari's challenge. :)

The most difficult part in my opinion are the places where you have to brake hard before a corner. Most of the time I found around 4 cars doing the turn at the same time as me, so I ended up crashing into them, since I could barely see them because of the spray from their tires. Got a silver prize, sometime later or tomorrow I will try to gold this and the Ferrari's challenge. :)
Ferrari challenge is harder than the Nismo GT-R challenge.

Back