Spec 2.0 Thoughts and Speculation

You speculation is just wishful thinking and has no basis in logic or 15 years of GT history. Every game sold well out of the gate, GT6 didn't. Console and game pricing was never a barrier nor is it now. 75 million+ consoles are out there already and more than 10 millions units sold of GT5. So they aren't waiting to buy new consoles, the consoles are already out there and people have decided they don't want the game. The only question is as I said before, will spec 2 turn millions of non-buyers into buyers. I'd be willing to bet almost anything that won't be the case.
Is not less wishful thinking than write that GT6 have not sold well and will not sell well except maybe thanks to an incredible? "Spec 2" because the millions of previous GT buyers don't want the game. To begin, there is not real sale data available, so that is a large chain of speculations by your part.

Maybe you can explain the millions of GT4 new sales during GT5P to GT5 period if it was not because the very late PS2 system or game adopters. That sector always existed.

Is not difficult to understand that a future $150 PS3 will sell like hotcakes, no matter how many millions of consoles are currently in the market, and this will bring game sales. Same with cheaper GT6 offers. So no, is not Spec 2 the only factor to consider if you are comparing the total years of sales in previous titles with the unknown to date 8 months GT6 sales to draw conclusions. That is just wrong at many levels and far from a good base to speculate about facts. I know that some of you are impatient but too soon, Johnny.

Is not less wishful thinking than write that GT6 have not sold well and will not sell well except maybe thanks to an incredible? "Spec 2" because the millions of previous GT buyers don't want the game. To begin, there is not real sale data available, so that is a large chain of speculations by your part.

Maybe you can explain the millions of GT4 new sales during GT5P to GT5 period if it was not because the very late PS2 system or game adopters. That sector always existed.

Is not difficult to understand that a future $150 PS3 will sell like hotcakes, no matter how many millions of consoles are currently in the market, and this will bring game sales. Same with cheaper GT6 offers. So no, is not Spec 2 the only factor to consider if you are comparing the total years of sales in previous titles with the unknown to date 8 months GT6 sales to draw conclusions. That is just wrong at many levels and far from a good base to speculate about facts. I know that some of you are impatient but too soon, Johnny.
Do you have a link to how many millions of units were sold of GT4 during the GT5P to GT5 era? I'd like to see hard numbers before commenting.

Please explain how selling a few million more PS3's (which is speculative to begin with) will suddenly spur GT sales when 75 million consoles are already in circulation and 11 million of those already bought GT5 for the PS3 and less than 3 million chose to buy GT6?

I can speculate with 100% certainty that Spec 2.0, if it comes, will not be today or tomorrow, but sometime in the future. Could be the near future, or many months from now, but if it comes, it's definitely not today or tomorrow. I can also say with 100% certainty it'll have something to do with at least one of the following:

Physics
Cars
Tracks
Promised but not yet delivered features
Features we haven't heard about yet
Other stuff

At least one, maybe 2 but I can't be 100% sure so don't quote me on it.

Johnnypenso 6 : the real Kaz simulator.

Do you have a link to how many millions of units were sold of GT4 during the GT5P to GT5 era? I'd like to see hard numbers before commenting.

Please explain how selling a few million more PS3's (which is speculative to begin with) will suddenly spur GT sales when 75 million consoles are already in circulation and 11 million of those already bought GT5 for the PS3 and less than 3 million chose to buy GT6?
GT4 Sales

9,210 - June 2007 (near GT5P launch)
10,860 - Dec 2010 (GT5 launch)
11,730 - March 2013 (the last official update)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-sales-across-the-series.96894/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-10-which-gran-turismo-game-sold-most
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

I'm not going to reply a question that accuse me of being speculative meanwhile vgchartz is used as a fact against my argument.

GT4 Sales

9,210 - June 2007 (near GT5P launch)
10,860 - Dec 2010 (GT5 launch)
11,730 - March 2013 (the last official update)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-sales-across-the-series.96894/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-10-which-gran-turismo-game-sold-most
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

I'm not going to reply a question that accuse me of being speculative meanwhile vgchartz is used as a fact against my argument.
Okay, now lets use the same increase in sales as a % of units sold to calculate the increase in sales for GT6.

Next 3 years - 18% more GT6 sales
Next 6 years - 27% more sales.

Since Sony has curiously decided to not release GT6 sales, VGChartz is all we have to go on. If you have official GT6 sales figures feel free to provide them. 2.36 million at last count, let's round that up to 3 million to include digital sales.

So in 3 years we can expect GT6 to reach the dizzying heights of 3.54 million and 3.84 million units sold. Very good for many games, worst GT ever though.

What GT6 Spec II might have (my prediction):
1. All of the cars in the game in arcade mode
2. GT4-style Quick-tuning for arcade mode cars (only that we can boost the power by 50%, drop the weight by 20%, improved transmission setting adjustments and adjust downforce and ballast settings.)
3. Event creator
4. That new track originally promised last February
5. Online shuffle racing
6. Online quick match
7. Community events
8. Plenty of new Vision GT cars
9. 20-100 new (non-Vision GT) cars (We'll likely get plenty of FIA GT cars because of PD and FIA's partnership)
10. Speed tests
11. B-Spec
12. Ability to rename driver unlimited times
13. 3D support
14. Some cars with better sounds
15. More custom parts (custom wheels, body kits, rear wings, etc.)

(I don't think we will see the course maker or livery editor by then, but expect all or most of this to be in Spec II.)

Steering this thread back on topic, I would have to agree mostly with the post on top in regards to what may be included

What GT6 Spec II might have (my prediction):
1. All of the cars in the game in arcade mode
2. GT4-style Quick-tuning for arcade mode cars (only that we can boost the power by 50%, drop the weight by 20%, improved transmission setting adjustments and adjust downforce and ballast settings.)
3. Event creator
4. That new track originally promised last February
5. Online shuffle racing
6. Online quick match
7. Community events
8. Plenty of new Vision GT cars
9. 20-100 new (non-Vision GT) cars (We'll likely get plenty of FIA GT cars because of PD and FIA's partnership)
10. Speed tests
11. B-Spec
12. Ability to rename driver unlimited times
13. 3D support
14. Some cars with better sounds
15. More custom parts (custom wheels, body kits, rear wings, etc.)

(I don't think we will see the course maker or livery editor by then, but expect all or most of this to be in Spec II.)

Although I would count on a course maker, and no. 9 would probably include NASCAR.
Hopefully they bring a new intro with a GT6 version of Moon Over The Castle (amazing how GT6 is the only full GT title without its own version of Moon Over the castle, let alone an intro with the song in it :odd:)

I would like to think by the end of this year. They may not be having too many people working on GT6 now but still they should be able to do it. I doubt they will be working on GT6 next year this time

Okay, now lets use the same increase in sales as a % of units sold to calculate the increase in sales for GT6.

Next 3 years - 18% more GT6 sales
Next 6 years - 27% more sales.

Since Sony has curiously decided to not release GT6 sales, VGChartz is all we have to go on. If you have official GT6 sales figures feel free to provide them. 2.36 million at last count, let's round that up to 3 million to include digital sales.

So in 3 years we can expect GT6 to reach the dizzying heights of 3.54 million and 3.84 million units sold. Very good for many games, worst GT ever though.

Stop guessing. Vgcharts is probably 1-2million behind already. They are just rough estimate nothing else.

TLOS has passed 7million mark
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/the-last-of-us-sales-pass-7-million-with-new-dlc-coming

Vgchart numbers:
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70350/the-last-of-us/

Well I think you will be a bit disappointed if you're expecting all of that in the update, I hope I'm wrong but...
All cars in Arcade would be very surprising, but not likely to happen.
The "promised content" we will probably get all of it in the Spec II update, if not before that.
Don't expect it to have plenty of VGT cars, because we only get one/two per month and they're never released at the same time.
20-100 cars? More like 20-40, and counting with some Nascars like everyone else is saying, and if we get just 20 of the most wanted cars in game I would be happy...
Isn't 3D support already in game?
About the sounds, I wouldn't expect much, cars purchased via DLC might have better sounds (because you paid for them, if they are free don't expect much), and maybe, just maybe, we will see some cars with the sounds replaced, cars such as the FXX or the Huayra that have placeholder sounds that clearly weren't recorded from the cars, other than that, don't get too hyped.
About tuning parts, I hope you are right, we need more of that.

*Course maker will most likely be included on it or even before the spec 2 update, as for the livery editor... not even in their plans for GT6.

For PD, the ability to paint base model cars and put numbers on it is already a livery editor, so we better don't put hopes on it.
Sounds, maybe in GT7, and it probably won't be good as we are expecting.
About the course maker, I hope it worth the long waiting.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that 2.0 will be released within the next 30 days.

How do I know that?

Because PD plans their updates by my calendar. Whenever I go away for a long period of time they spam the release button. Starting on Wednesday I'll be away for a month, I'll guarantee that 2.0 and maybe even 3.0 and 4.0 will be released before I can get back to my PS3 :(

I can tell you with 100% certainty that 2.0 will be released within the next 30 days.

How do I know that?

Because PD plans their updates by my calendar. Whenever I go away for a long period of time they spam the release button. Starting on Wednesday I'll be away for a month, I'll guarantee that 2.0 and maybe even 3.0 and 4.0 will be released before I can get back to my PS3 :(

You should "go away" more often then. :lol:

How do I know that?

Man I thought it only happens to me :D

How do I know that?

You should go on vacation and never come back then ^^

You should go on vacation and never come back then ^^

You mean the kind of vacation where you're swimming with the fishes? :nervous:

4c94c195a2c78dd8544bd7a783c6cbcef4c73f77816534d419850a0dd878d6b4.jpg

Will be a quite good guess, I think: Project Cars is coming in November and PD will want to make players play GT6 and wait for GT7. Wouldn't be surprised if PD would announce Spec II for GT6 for Xmas and GT7 for Early 2015 at once in November/December this year.

Back