The Exams Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 149 comments
Invertebrate Palaeontology on Monday, 'Sedimentology and Palaeoenvironments' and 'Palaeontological Techniques' on Tuesday and 'Micropalaeontology, Palaeobotany and Project Preparation' on Thursday... Then I'm free for a second summer :D (Bar two weeks of fieldwork for my project :dunce:)

paleo-what?

Good luck! I've got two exams tomorrow which due to others I have done little to no revision for.. I'm glad I'm not the sort to get worried really..

Had the first of three exams today. First one was one Quantum Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Magnetism and Optics. It was a fun three hours...

Went really well though, except the fact that I forgot a few equations, so had to derive them. Meaning that I was pushed for time at the end.

Had two stinkers today.. My mind went completely blank for twenty minutes during Sedimentology & Palaeoenvironments.. completely forgot my second essay (seen exam) completely.. So instead of an easy last 45 mins writing about desert facies I was instead left with the time to write down everything I could remember off the top of my head about trace fossils..
The second one was just terrible because nobody had time to revise for it.

Had two stinkers today.. My mind went completely blank for twenty minutes during Sedimentology & Palaeoenvironments.. completely forgot my second essay (seen exam) completely.. So instead of an easy last 45 mins writing about desert facies I was instead left with the time to write down everything I could remember off the top of my head about trace fossils..
The second one was just terrible because nobody had time to revise for it.

i hate it when you go into an exam thinking all will be good, i have done well in past papers, you open the first page , and think, oh 🤬. i hate hard exams :P

Had General Studies and History today .. Since the first one isn't a real exam, that was pretty easy.

Second was History and that was ace, perfect questions for me and the sources made sense, no Punch involved. Haitch if your exam board is Edexcel you probably saw the questions I had.

Had General Studies and History today .. Since the first one isn't a real exam, that was pretty easy.

Second was History and that was ace, perfect questions for me and the sources made sense, no Punch involved. Haitch if your exam board is Edexcel you probably saw the questions I had.

Nope OCR.

Had sources on the GDR.

I think I explained the whether this is reliable or not etc part well but man I realised half way through that I drew a point of view from a source that wasnt there and by that time because its not like a science paper where you can change your answer quickly I was pretty much commited. :(

Also forgot to mention one view of a source as in it had 2 views I only mentioned 1.

Oh well no exam in January so I have plenty of time to study if I need to re take.

I had a 2 hour English GCSE this morning which went better than expected. However I had set my expectation very low so if I was able to write a single paragraph I would have done better than expected.
The first 20 minute questions some people managed to write for about 2 pages while I struggled to get half a page. The second question which I had 40 minutes to answer went much like the first one and I just managed to write a page. The last question was on poetry and it took me 20 minutes for me to think of something to say which made sense and I only managed to write a page for that as well, everyone else had written 3 or 4.

I had THE worst exam ever today.

General studies.

What is the actual point?

Ellis

General studies.

AS level, the one on science and social. Had questions on genetics, robotics and food ?

I'm with you, it's completely pointless, having sat it this morning, they both have been quite fun though, in numerous ways.

Studying for Measurement and Instrumentation exam on Thursday at the moment.

We've pretty much been told what the questions are going to be, but I still don't have a clue. There is too much to remember, it hasn't been taught properly (We've had 3 different teachers this year), but the killer is the fact it's my weakest subject area as it ties in with electrical engineering.

Reading some revision notes at the moment and whilst this is taken out of context, it pretty much sums up how I feel about it:

"Operational Amplifiers, or Op-Amps, are complicated..."

Might just do a Rimmer. Would be quite fitting considering it's an Engineering exam.

In my first general exam we all had the challenge of fitting skyrim references in. So for example one question was what household appliances could be considered as weee. I said sweetroll over. Another one about treating patients in hospitals got an adventurer with an anrrow in his knee. Loved it :D

In my first general exam we all had the challenge of fitting skyrim references in. So for example one question was what household appliances could be considered as weee. I said sweetroll over. Another one about treating patients in hospitals got an adventurer with an anrrow in his knee. Loved it :D

hhhmmm, that could be one way to lighten up my critical thinking exam 💡

General studies.

They're good for weeding out those who are completely stupid. In my exam last year one of the girls mistook patriotism for patriarchal, and ended up writing a whole essay about a male-dominated society instead of a nationalistic one.

The Chemistry Unit 2 paper was much easier than expected. I've not known any other time when I've managed the first two pages of the MCQ in under 10 seconds. :lol:

The other questions were also really basic and easy to answer. So a huge load off my chest, for now, Maths C2 tomorrow :scared:

C1 ? We must be doing different boards, for MEI's C1 wasn't too bad. C2 however, was hard work. Crazy application of geometric sequences 👎

Good luck with all your subjects 👍

Thank you very much, and all the best to you as well :cheers: I really hope our C2 paper doesn't have those sequences :nervous:

Last exam for me tomorrow :D - Palaeontological techniques, and I've already passed the unit on coursework! (Got a graded field trip after though for another unit)

Completed my last exam and effectively my physics degree yesterday. :D

Now to find a job, in a country with 14% unemployment... :indiff:
Or maybe a PhD.

I just took a Medical Terminology final yesterday... 92%! That gives me just over 95% overrall for the class. Now all I have left is anatomy and then I get to start my Radiology program. 👍

Had statistics today, was pretty good, just the one left now, then its all over till next January ... Shame it's Physics, the hardest one.

Safe to say tomorrow is my worst day of exams this year. Critical thinking in the morning, and then Physics (electrons, waves and photons) in the afternoon. Going to be such a rubbish day.

Soloracer3
Physics (electrons, waves and photons) in the afternoon. Going to be such a rubbish day.

We share a common situation, the elections waves and photons unit is hard, be happy with a B max, the way it's gone so far. OCR I'm guessing ?

Back