The Exams Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 149 comments
Here's my currently predicted grades for the end of Year 11 which I recently posted in the High School thread. The ones highlighted in Red are coursework based.

Tom
English - B
Maths - C
Science (Core and Additional) - C
Science (BTEC) - C
Geography - C
Spanish - B
ICT - C
Business (BTEC) - A*

My ethics final is a week from today, and will decide whether or not I pass the class. I've honestly never been in this position before.

Sometimes I hate my professors. Said the primary subjects for the final exam would be virology and pathogenesis. But it was mostly epidemiology and chemotherapeutics. Derp.

I think I still smashed it though. If I can get a good letter from this professor, it could be my ticket to med school, or perhaps MD-PhD.

Tom
Here's my currently predicted grades for the end of Year 11 which I recently posted in the High School thread. The ones highlighted in Red are coursework based.

English - A*
Maths - A*
Double Award Science - A*
Geography - A*
Spanish - A*
Electronics - A*
GCSE PE - A

Our school has had this thing recently where they set aspirational targets to make bad students look better, but as for myself, I'll get most if not all those grades hopefully.

Had mocks this week and they went alright, I'll be much better prepared for the real thing though.

English - A*
Maths - A*
Double Award Science - A*
Geography - A*
Spanish - A*
Electronics - A*
GCSE PE - A

Our school has had this thing recently where they set aspirational targets to make bad students look better, but as for myself, I'll get most if not all those grades hopefully.

Had mocks this week and they went alright, I'll be much better prepared for the real thing though.

So does ours, but they're my realistic predicted grades. Shows the better quality of teaching that goes on at your school I guess...

I expected Jordan to say " 'Tom.'? Seriously? We already have a 'Tom'" when I asked for the name change :lol:

Feel free to copy my avatar and location etc. Tom, putting your entire signature in mine is too much effort for a Monday night ;)

I must admit, it took me a while to figure out that you were 2 different people for a minute. :lol:

Well, I've finished endumbening myself on internet forums. Let's see how much I've retained for my phys final in an hour.

And they have very similar PSN's, they both live in England, and they both have a dude with a guitar as their avatar.

Twins separated at birth, methinks?

FireEmblem10
And they have very similar PSN's, they both live in England, and they both have a dude with a guitar as their avatar.

Difference is that the dude in my photo is actually me. :P

And they both have 5,000 -ish posts. Certainly separated twins. Now if only my username was my name 💡 then everybody would be confused. :)

I have a Biology Lab Final test today. Been studying so much I've literally made myself sick. Tomorrow I have my EMR (emergency medical responder) Final group practical. We've already done 2 practice group practicals and haven't done so well, so of course I'm trying to cram some studying/practice in at home while studying for bio and math. Then next week I have my Math Final and my Biology Lecture final exam.

Not to mention I've been going to multiple job interviews and I think I have finally landed one after multiple hoops being jumped through. I'm surely going to die of a stress induced heart attack soon. :P

I have a Biology Lab Final test today. Been studying so much I've literally made myself sick. Tomorrow I have my EMR (emergency medical responder) Final group practical. We've already done 2 practice group practicals and haven't done so well, so of course I'm trying to cram some studying/practice in at home while studying for bio and math. Then next week I have my Math Final and my Biology Lecture final exam.

Not to mention I've been going to multiple job interviews and I think I have finally landed one after multiple hoops being jumped through. I'm surely going to die of a stress induced heart attack soon. :P

I'm a junior/senior bio major and just finished all my finals. AMA.

But do it quickly before I go out to get drunk tonight.

Had my Physics and Biology mock results back yesterday. 42/60 on the Physics, meaning an A, and 39/60 in Biology, just scraping in on an A*. Yet to get chemistry results back, but I hope I've done OK. :nervous:

Not looking forward to doing the real thing in January...

E28
Had my Physics and Biology mock results back yesterday. 42/60 on the Physics, meaning an A, and 39/60 in Biology, just scraping in on an A*. Yet to get chemistry results back, but I hope I've done OK. :nervous:

Not looking forward to doing the real thing in January...

Guessing GCSE? That's decent, hardest at GCSE is chemistry for sure, with Biology being the easiest.

Been revising hard for January A2 exams, averaging 3/4 maths papers a week, given I'm sitting three exams :nervous: But it's going pretty good in class so far. I'm also doing two Physics papers, in January, that's what's worrying. But so far all is good :)

My exams aren't until January but we've been getting loads of tests and assignments.. I've had next to no time to myself, ah the joys of education :P. Teachers do it every year before a big holiday..

Today, I will know if I have do to a final that in case I have to do it, there would be nothing to do because the exam was 5 days ago....

oh mexican education system... :rolleyes:

Today, I will know if I have do to a final that in case I have to do it, there would be nothing to do because the exam was 5 days ago....

oh mexican education system... :rolleyes:

:lol: "Maestro, what do we do?"

"Yo no se! Take a nap."

Just over a week till my summative, end of module exam :nervous:
I really need to get revising but I have 3 end of module essays to hand in and the deadlines are very close to the exam date.
But having said that I only need to get 40% or above and I've passed. And a pass is all I need as the first year doesn't count.

I have my English and I think Science GCSE Papers in January, deep joy.

Just found out both my January exams are on the same day. One in the morning one in the afternoon.

Last edited:
So today marks the start of my 2-week-long half-yearly exam (excluding Saturdays and Sundays, but I still have to revise on those days), and I've already finished the first two.
First it's the composition, and I've managed to scribble enough words to fulfil the requirements, but I don't have the time to finish my passage, so I can't predict my results.
I also ain't doing well with my second paper, so I'm expecting something terrible, maybe 50-60 out of 100. :guilty:

Got to speed up my writing and think faster, or else I'll fail on every single subject. :scared:

Had my first exam for just under 2 years today, I think it went well. Revising was hard as I didn't have much time, and I had no idea what would be covered in the exam. But I lucked out and the topics I knew most on came up. And god dayum my hand hurts, that's the most writing I have done in a very long time.

Only need to achieve 40% or more for a pass, and as this first year doesn't count towards my final grade that's what I'm aiming for.
One more assignment due in which I am nearly done with and that will be it for this semester and a 5 week break before the next :D

Finally, the exam period is over! Now I can play whatever I own, and enjoy my Christmas holidays! :D
(I'm yet to face the horror my exam results will give me though.)
Pity my sister though, as she is having her exam after the holiday. :P

Back