The Exams Thread

• Thread starter Tom
  • 149 comments
Yeah I'm doing the OCR course, an E grade in my practicals is really bringing me down in Physics. Not to mention our teachers are useless, I've learnt more about them than I have the course over this year! A C grade would be brilliant for me even though I know I should have done more work as I want 3 A's for my uni course :(

Ah, I got a D in practicals, which wasn't good :( yep our mechanics teacher could not explain at all well, which doesn't help with hard topics ..

And yes I need the 3 A's as well, and I need one in physics, so tomorrow I need a miracle !

^ Same here, didn't have any paper which was unusually hard, so:
Victory_3f3bc3_606013.jpg

:D

Had 2 maths exams this week. Higher Tier, why?! I got an E in foundation so what makes them think I'll improve doing a Higher paper? Got a Geography Higher Paper on Monday as well, I think I'll do well in that.

Tom
Had 2 maths exams this week. Higher Tier, why?! I got an E in foundation so what makes them think I'll improve doing a Higher paper? Got a Geography Higher Paper on Monday as well, I think I'll do well in that.

How the hell did you get an E on Foundation ?

Had the math final exam today. 49 questions. Not sure how I did, but it was pretty easy. That's math for me. 49 bugs me. Doesn't 50 seem more logical?

Regents tommorrow. Passing or failing decides if I graduate or not.

I'm almost finished with my Leaving Cert exams now. I have to do 10 papers in 7 different subjects. Of those 10 papers, I've done 8 of them. My best 6 results determine my CAO points, and therefore my chances of getting into college. I just have German and Physics left. There's some bits of Physics class which I couldn't wrap my head around. :ouch:

17 down, 4 to go... So nearly over now, that all my motivation is gone, and I'm now just thinking about summer :lol: I hope I don't lose what I think has been a good performance because of that though :nervous:

2 more exams, French and Spanish speaking tests a.k.a. my nemesis' :grumpy:
Although I feel lucky that I'm not in Set 1 for science, they have 2 Chemistry exams tomorrow... 2! And then they have a Physics Monday. I suppose being in Set 2 has it's advantages :lol:

Now that most of Australia is in final exams (i.e. HSC), I thought I'd revive this thread. What you guys think of the HSC English paper? I thought it was alright, no surprises for me, but that's just me.

Generally, my harder exams are all in the first couple of weeks, but how is everyone else's exams spread?

Now that most of Australia is in final exams (i.e. HSC), I thought I'd revive this thread. What you guys think of the HSC English paper? I thought it was alright, no surprises for me, but that's just me.

Generally, my harder exams are all in the first couple of weeks, but how is everyone else's exams spread?

I've got a Maths paper in November, Science and English in January and Spanish and Geography in May.

I've got 1 exam :dopey:
I chose 4 modules for this semester, and depending on the modules you either have a formative assessment (750 word essay, counts as 30% towards your mark) and a sumative assessment (1750 words, 70%). Or you have the formative, and then an end of module unseen exam, same percentages.

And only 1 module has an exam, but I have four 750 word essays due next week. And at the end of December the exam, and three 1750 word essays.

My only saving grace is that the first year doesn't count towards my final grade upon graduation. All I need to do is pass to get into the second year, I'm so happy about that bit.

Took the first out of two non-calculator Maths papers yesterday, have the calculator one tomorrow. I still don't think that I will pass. My grades have dropped dramatically in the last 6 months.

I don't really have sat exams as such for this semester, just two compositions (one of which is only a pastiche), an essay and a theory test.

I finished all my Regents exams, so no more of those or locals for the rest of my high school career

I've got four more exams. Classical Studies (the Aeneid and Roman Architecture), English Drama (Streetcar and I Henry IV), English Prose (Short Stories and Poems), and a French speech/presentation (my subject is on Ghost Towns).

Had a Spanish oral exam last Friday, managed to get 29/30 marks which equates to an A*. It's the last oral exam I'll ever have to do in another language since I'm not taking it for A Level.

So glad that it's over, I'm a confident speaker but when it's a foreign language and you have to recall pages of speech off the top of your head, that confidence evaporates immediatley.

Took my mock English, Science, Geography and Spanish exams last week. I've only received my English results so far where I obtained a C, annoyingly I was one mark away from B which is what I'm aiming for in January.

Microbiology final in 2 hours. Human morphology and function (That's anatomy and physiology for ubernerds) final tomorrow. Genetics final Wednesday.

Caffeine and Xanax, baby. I'm a machine!

Had a macroeconomics exam on Friday, I have an MS Office Excel/Access midterm today at 2 (that course is a joke), quantitative methods on Wednesday (optimization/linear programming), and then management on the 11th at 7pm. It's a pretty light schedule.

Back