The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Really though, anything from Aniplex is bound to have a huge budget.

ANIPLEX

It would, but this is a Shaft anime.
Shaft who waste their animation money on the most pointless objects and leave the important stuff looking like a drowned dog. Still impressive mind.

Also
4dqAX.jpg

Last edited:
About to watch the latest eps pf Fairy Tail and SAO II over dinner. :9

No budget? Are you serious? :P

Really though, anything from Aniplex is bound to have a huge budget.

If you look at anything else from Aniplex (including the later Monogatari series') that would be correct, but if I remember correctly the original Bakemonogatari was a very low budget production put together in an unusually short space of time. Hanamonogatari definitely had a budget on the larger side, although some of the CG was still a bit naff. It's also worth remembering that most anime (Ghibli, Kyoani and occasionally something else excluded) will usually be produced on relatively small budgets as far as film, television, and particularly animation go. Huge budget isn't the most appropriate of terms.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway... I finally got around to it. Yes. It's been a fair few months, but it happened. I have watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion.

And wow. That was psychedelic, beautiful, and completely and utterly freaking badass. Some parts were comedic, some parts were anything but, and some parts were... Well... Trippy. In the most awesome way possible.

My only problem was the ending, they seemed to be setting themselves up for a sequel, and let's face it, the Dosh King demands it; but until I have seen said hypothetical continuation, I can't really say my full thoughts on it. If the continuation is good, I may well be able to say that Rebellion is one of my favourite films of all time. If it isn't... Well, they'd have to mess up pretty badly for me to stop loving Rebellion as much as I did, but it drags it down a bit for me, and if there is no continuation... Then... Well... Here we are now. The ending didn't seem confident in what it was saying, it set up more questions than answers... It just left me feeling a bit unsatisfied, wanting more, as if the story wasn't finished.

In simple terms:

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Damn it Aldnoah 9

Why you got to make Downer Debbie go into tilt mode and strangle the princess for?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway... I finally got around to it. Yes. It's been a fair few months, but it happened. I have watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion.

Wat. I thought you had watched it already O_o what took you so freaking long?

I wonder what will happen now she strangled her. The cliffhanger is killing me..

I don't think she's dead. I've a feeling she's unconscious at most. If the show turns out to be Rayet finding answers to her questions, then this show is going to be a bit disappointing.

:lol: that picture of Alice with Marisa and Aya...

Also check out what's going on in the background of the last one.

I think that ship is growing unhealthy for me

I don't think she's dead. I've a feeling she's unconscious at most. If the show turns out to be Rayet finding answers to her questions, then this show is going to be a bit disappointing.

Well, there's also the war between Earth and Martians so that will be interesting to see how it'll unfold

Seeing as how it's 12 episodes, I really cannot see the princess being dead. How would the story wrap up in 3 episodes?

Chances are, the princess will still be alive to finish the war... or at least die in the process of the war's climax.

Since we know now a small group within Vers set up the whole assassination, I'd say they'll get expose it and overthrown be the majority of the Vers with Terrans on the side to help them.

Seeing as how it's 12 episodes, I really cannot see the princess being dead. How would the story wrap up in 3 episodes?

Chances are, the princess will still be alive to finish the war... or at least die in the process of the war's climax.

Since we know now a small group within Vers set up the whole assassination, I'd say they'll get expose it and overthrown be the majority of the Vers with Terrans on the side to help them.

I heard the show might be a 2 cour. Also I can't follow what you're saying on the last paragraph

The only ones I actually recognise otherwise are the monogatari and Madoka ones.
:lol:

I just learned that Gainax and Shaft came together a few times to collaborate. Too bad that was forever and a few million years ago. They're my two favorite studios.

Also sometimes Shaft doesn't have the best ideas for production -_-
But that time has gone :P

Hi I need help; started watching anime on and off for last couple years; looking for an anime similar to Hikaru no Go. Not about Go itself, but the feel and the pacing, characterization, the whole nine yards. Bloody hell I love that show; even my mother loves it and she's not an anime person, if you know what I mean. And no Bleach, no Naruto, no One Piece pls. In other words, no usual suspects. Oh and NO ecchi/fanservice pls.

Hi I need help; started watching anime on and off for last couple years; looking for an anime similar to Hikaru no Go. Not about Go itself, but the feel and the pacing, characterization, the whole nine yards. Bloody hell I love that show; even my mother loves it and she's not an anime person, if you know what I mean. And no Bleach, no Naruto, no One Piece pls. In other words, no usual suspects. Oh and NO ecchi/fanservice pls.
Here's the results for your search parameters:

Yup. But if you're just looking for a good anime in general, I personally recommend Cowboy Bebop to start. Classic.

Off topic but this is the second longest single thread on GTPlanet that I've seen.

Here's the results for your search parameters:

Yup. But if you're just looking for a good anime in general, I personally recommend Cowboy Bebop to start. Classic.

Off topic but this is the second longest single thread on GTPlanet that I've seen.
Thanks for trying. I'll keep on looking....I saw No Game No Life after an article on IGN but waaaaay too much preteen bath scenes put me off. Sigh. Why? Why do they include stuff like that I wonder.....

Make a Myanimelist account. It'll help you find shows you may like

I just noticed number of pages in this thread. Holy cow this's unreal.....1796 pages?! Crazy!! Is there a Guinness record attempt or something going on here?

Thanks for trying. I'll keep on looking....I saw No Game No Life after an article on IGN but waaaaay too much preteen bath scenes put me off. Sigh. Why? Why do they include stuff like that I wonder.....
No Game No Life is wonderful as anime go. No matter what anime you watch, there will be fanservice like that-- except in DBZ, Log Horizon (I think), and Yu-Gi-Oh. 75 episodes is a really odd number of episodes as far as I'm concerned.

I just noticed number of pages in this thread. Holy cow this's unreal.....1796 pages?! Crazy!! Is there a Guinness record attempt or something going on here?
Go look at the thread for S. N. A. I. L if you think this is long. :lol:

Me bets it was the pre-teen bath screenshot thumbnail that got you clicking in the first place.

j/k :P

I just marathoned Nichijou on Crunchyroll before it disappears completely..... forever. Never coming to NA... Never to be seen by us again, thanks to that darn law.

Anyway, it was pretty decent and I liked it.

Ah, I remember when the Pony thread was catching up to this one. O' ye glory days.

I'd personally recommend Cowboy Bebop, as it's very smart, pretty down to Earth and has no real fanservice to speak of. Gurren Lagann also stands out on that front, and is excellent and excellently silly.

Ah, I remember when the Pony thread was catching up to this one. O' ye glory days.

I'd personally recommend Cowboy Bebop, as it's very smart, pretty down to Earth and has no real fanservice to speak of. Gurren Lagann also stands out on that front, and is excellent and excellently silly.
I heard about Gurren Lagann but was also warned that it could get a little OTT. Bebop and Beelzebub were first anime I watched when I started....Watched first half of Bebop in Eng dub and latter half in sub; still can't decide which was better!

Latest Posts

Back