The Metal ThreadMusic 

I saw that pop up on last.fm a few days ago been meaning to listen to it. I like it. LoG has gotten the point where you can pretty much expect what to hear in one of their albums. I picked up Wrath so I'll probably end up picking this up too.

Yeah I like the acoustic intro. It sounds a little repetitive but the solo was nice. Can't wait to hear more when it releases.

Anybody here into Sylosis? Been a fan of these guys back on their "Casting Of Shadows" album. Seeing these guys on Friday. :sly:

Time for a break from the hardcore scene.

Any Mercyful Fate fans here? Been jamming the first 2 albums (Melissa and Don't Break the Oath) a lot lately. The twin guitar of Hank Sherman and Michael Denner is freaking sweet and incredibly underrated. And King Diamond's vocals are just amazing.

Revisiting the good old times POWA :grumpy:. So i remembered FEAR FACTORY with my favourite albuns Demanufactor and Obsolete :sly::

Last edited:
I've been listening to the Metal Blade 20th Anniversary Box Set. Nine CDs and one DVD of headbanging goodness. I found it new on amazon for $100, quite a lucky find.

Showed my uncle Metal Church today and he likes 'em. He's already into metal but it's awesome.

Revisiting the good old times POWA :grumpy:. So i remembered FEAR FACTORY with my favourite albuns Demanufactor and Obsolete :sly::

Yes! Demanufacture and Obsolete are great albums. Demanufacture was so far ahead of its time, no band sounded like FF back in the 90's. This reminds me I need to go back and listen to some, that would make Jetboy happy.

Showed my uncle Metal Church today and he likes 'em. He's already into metal but it's awesome.

I've tried and tried again to get my dad into various metal bands over the years. He liked Iron Maiden the most but still isn't into any of it haha.

Anyone listens to Machine Head?
Yup yup.. Found the new album to be hit and miss but overall I felt relativity satisfied. Pearls Before the Swine was my favorite of the new album. But I still like their first album Burn My Eyes best.

Yes! Demanufacture and Obsolete are great albums. Demanufacture was so far ahead of its time, no band sounded like FF back in the 90's. This reminds me I need to go back and listen to some, that would make Jetboy happy.

You wanna hear good stuff? Youll have to go back a decade at the very least;).

You wanna hear good stuff? Youll have to go back a decade at the very least;).

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not.. But in case it isn't.. Still plenty of great metal bands out there.

I feel like I've posted Gojira a billion times in this thread but once more can't hurt. Its refreshing to still hear creative bands in the death metal genre.

One band I've been meaning to post here in this thread...

If you like doomy stuff this is right down your alley.

Since I'm new to the metal thread I should probably introduce myself...

Huge metal fan from way back when I was introduced to 80's glam and then, thankfully, a guy at school said in hushed tones "dude, you GOTTA listen to this" and hands me a tape (ahhhh tapes.... insert nostalgic metal moment here) of the Carcass epic Symphonies of Sickness and from that point on I was hooked \m/

I have a huge admiration for all types of metal with special attention paid to early black and death metal & anything ending in "athory", "urzum" "alkenbach" or "Amarth"! :lol:

Currently organising a 5 band lineup for my birthday in May which, whilst not extreme bands, will rip Adelaide a new one & I honestly can't wait for it!

Anyway, enough rambling! Will catch you guys on the track perhaps \m/

Relevant if not a little off track a little. Anybody had a chance to have a read of Dave Mustaine's book, "A life in Metal"? Well worth the read if you have the time. A little bitter in parts (as you'd expect) but quite interesting none the less. :)

Bollocks#999
Relevant if not a little off track a little. Anybody had a chance to have a read of Dave Mustaine's book, "A life in Metal"? Well worth the read if you have the time. A little bitter in parts (as you'd expect) but quite interesting none the less. :)

I hope it's better than the last show of theirs I saw last year... it was awful. They were so bad they left the stage mid set to, and I quote Dave here, "fix something that's not right". Life long fans booed and I saw one old guy crying.

GWAR rocked though, their set was amazing!

News just in... Amon Amarth are touring Aus again & coming to Adelaide, I am so stoked! It's all ages too so I get to take my 11yo son who loves them! Bring on April!!!!

Metal church, unholy, who'll be the sacrifice
Metal church, the only church, you know the time is right
Metal church will find you, can't run very far
Metal church inside you, knows just who you are

The new Lamb Of God album "Resolution" came out yesterday, and it is fantastic. Here is one of the new songs, called Ghost Walking:

WARNING: Animated Violence

Back