The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
tumblr_ncmrc1iNna1r9nf08o1_400.png

And now, because this is totally relevant, I have decided to just wait for the DVD release of Rainbow Rocks and not bother with getting to the theater, because it's just too impractical. Because of dinner reservations with family members I don't know that are set for just under an hour after the movie ends, there's no way I could do both, and family matters more than a movie about talking horses who turn into humans. If it was like last week (minus the whole wrong bus thing), I totally do it. But under these circumstances, I won't even try. Looks like I'm waiting for the DVD release (Or rather, uploads of DVD rips) in 3 weeks. The only way I could get both in is if I was somehow able to get from point A to point B at the speed of insane. And I can't, so screw this whole Rainbow Rocks thing. At least for a few weeks. I've been avoiding spoilers quite well for the past week, because I've been not lenient at all since the movie came out. All I've learned is that Kazumi Evans voices Octavia, and I really shouldn't be surprised she gets any kind of role. And apparently there's some kind of art thing in the credits. Don't know what that's about. And I saw Meghan McCarthy's tweet about there being some kind of scene after the credits or something, and it's not even a spoiler since I don't know what the scene is. And those aren't even major spoilers, if at all. I only made them white just in case. The screencap dump doesn't count, since that was before the movie actually came out. In the meantime, I'm considering marathoning the all 4 seasons of the show, plus the first Equestria Girls movie. Or not.

I know nobody cares, but whatever.

If it makes you feel any better, I still have yet to catch up on the rest of the episodes from Season 4 (hence why I've not posted a lot here in the thread for a while, that and been busy with a lot of stuff).

If it makes you feel any better, I still have yet to catch up on the rest of the episodes from Season 4 (hence why I've not posted a lot here in the thread for a while, that and been busy with a lot of stuff).
Oh, okay. I didn't even notice you were here. I don't really pay attention to who's here or not.

I tend to show up unannounced as of late so somehow I'm less offended then I should be :lol:

Did you know anything about S4 :P

If you dont and have a sense of old school, watch the finale.

Did you know anything about S4 :P

If you dont and have a sense of old school, watch the finale.

I did actually and I've watched the first 14 episodes, I just have yet to finish the other 12.

Season 1=GT1, A fresh start.
Season 2=GT2, Best season ever with good nonstandard episodes.
Season 3=GT3, Animation gone better but less episodes and overall a bit of disappointment.
Season 4=GT4, Rising again with more episode count and better received episodes.

Season 5=GT5? Many hiatus (Delay)? Hope it isnt disappoint like the latter.

Season 3=GT3, Animation gone better but less episodes and overall a bit of disappointment.
Season 4=GT4, Rising again with more episode count and better received episodes.

Is Season 5 does end up being a disappointment, then maybe Season 6 will be like GT6, which may remain average, but still somewhat of an improvement, which will raise our expectations for Season 7, which will be hoped to be an overall improvement over its two predecessors.

I guess. Just seemed out of nowhere.

Anyhow, I've been slowly transferring things over to my new Laptop and one of those is all the episodes I downloaded. Cool thing is now when I watch them, I can watch them commercial free AND on a big TV (Thanks to the HDMI cable).

Some members can only see the world in "GTs" and numbers "1-7"?
Must i remind you what website are we on? I could draw a different comparation on other thread or website if i could, but whatever.

Anyway, interesting considering most of the merch are consists on these three characters:
My_Little_Pony_PEZ_product.jpg
PonyShoeAccess.png
4.PNG
3.PNG
2.PNG

Yep, Girls toys archetypes. Guess Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and (Princess) Twilight Sparkle always on top 3 eh?

It's almost like those three characters are the ones with the most screen time. Plus Fluffy Bunny Cuddler and Fashion Pone are hardly any less of a female stereotype.

Among the Six there's a surprisingly well-represented spectrum of femininity. Well, aside from Bloodbride the Dark Destroyer for goth girls, but she wouldn't suit the art style anyway.

I don't think you can really act disdainful towards the shocking revelation that girls often buy girls' toys, though.

Season 6, many of the issues that were prevalent in the previous season have been forgotten all about. Everyone says it's filler. Hype train for season 7 can't be stopped.

4 years on the clock and the FiM Train keeps on rolling. And even more surprising is the fact that it'll outlive the channel that gave ponies a home in the first place.

738188.png

Last edited:
4 years on the clock and the FiM Train keeps on rolling. And wven more surprising is the fact that it'll outlive the channel that gave ponies a home in the first place.

738188.png
Well theres Disc. Family. What I really missed is how Hasbro now has less control.

The only good news is the fact that it will reach more customers, Hub was on low rating because darn it is expensive and also less coverage compared to the compatitor.

In fairness, I feel the series was already bigger then the channel that hosted it. That fact that it alone pulled in more ratings then most of the programs on the same channel speaks volumes in itself.

I don't believe that retaining the Hub Network's highest rated show will do much to boost ratings beyond where they are currently either. Cost-wise, it should benefit Discovery to grab a bigger share of the schedule with their own programming while keeping Hasbro's most popular cartoons, but I can see viewership becoming split between those that frequently watched Hub shows who will only care about the 6 hour slot they've been allocated, and others who are more interested in what programmes Discovery has to offer.

The only good news is the fact that it will reach more customers, Hub was on low rating because darn it is expensive and also less coverage compared to the compatitor.

They're attempting to broaden the channel's demographic, but it won't reach more customers in the sense that the channel will be more widely available. The only changes here concern the channel name and primetime lineup and will have next to no effect on the cartoons Hasbro decide to continue showing.

Well, it's officially been 4 years. Thank you 4chan, for making this a massive thing. And now the rebranding of the Hub happens in only a few days. Actually, it coincides with Thanksgiving in Canada, oddly. I wonder what the next years will bring. Only one way to find out. Also, I'll officially have been a brony for 3 years in just under 2 weeks.

Back