The Thread About Ponies, Logistics and General Weirdness (And Gilda)TV 

• Thread starter TommyWizard
  • 35,369 comments
Inthepumpkinpatch.png

Discovery Family schedule for this week:

10am - 10pm: The usual Hub selection of programmes, including 6 FiM episodes a day
10pm - 10am: Documentaries, US and UK reality TV, family movies and EqG

So, the only thing that's really missing are the individual idents for each show. A truly unacceptable loss.

Being outside the US, I shouldn't even care.

Discovery Family schedule for this week:

10am - 10pm: The usual Hub selection of programmes, including 6 FiM episodes a day
10pm - 10am: Documentaries, US and UK reality TV, family movies and EqG

So, the only thing that's really missing are the individual idents for each show. A truly unacceptable loss.

Being outside the US, I shouldn't even care.
Well, that seems fair. Since I'm also not in the US, I don't really care either. I'm just glad this has minimal effect on FiM and Hasbro's other series.

The Hub employees who worked on those promos were laid off apparently. I guess that's the only sour note to come out of this transition.

The Hub employees who worked on those promos were laid off apparently. I guess that's the only sour note to come out of this transition.
Capture.JPG

Oh god. All of it, yes. Usually when some company Transisioned at least they keep some of the employees or/and place them there. But no they laid ALL OFF. Great job at being an arsehole.

Seems like a good time to post this. My sister works for a marketing agency and randomly found a few of these in a freebie bin one day. I don't think they ever actually did anything with the Hub but apparently they had a couple guys who swung by some time.

This'll be filled with.... something... whatever I find in my fridge. Cheers.

Attachments

• cheershub.jpg
    cheershub.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 10
Capture.JPG

Oh god. All of it, yes. Usually when some company Transisioned at least they keep some of the employees or/and place them there. But no they laid ALL OFF. Great job at being an arsehole.
Pretty standard practice really, especially in the game development industry, creative people are fairly expendable.

Pretty standard practice really, especially in the game development industry, creative people are fairly expendable.
Yeah but thats when company gone bankrupt. Not so in this case.

People will go down street demonstrating if this constantly happens.

You sound new to this because this has been happening for years.

Not even close - a lot of media companies will enact massive redundancies the moment work stops. Game Dev is famous for it, the moment a project ends, everyone's out on their asses.

Anyway, on topic:
bagpipe_by_c_d_i-d82n4w5.jpg

Well, Rainbow Rocks has popped on the interwebs in HD, so time to watch it. You know the drill. If not, I don't care. It was hopefully worth the agonizingly long wait of about 3 weeks. My usual notes crap will be below, in white text to avoid projecting spoilers out to the entire world. Time to see if the Dazzlings are as good as the previews made them. Probably. Enough rambling, let's start rocking this rainbow.
(Below is a spoiler dump of what I heard about the movie before today. Highlight at own risk. I consider the ones below to be mostly minor)
So I didn't hear too much from things other than the spoilers. I heard about the finale of the movie (Though to some, it may not be too much of a surprise), and I heard that Octavia gets a speaking role, thanks to Kazumi Evans. I shouldn't have been surprised about Octavia, really. And I heard from Meghan McCarthy's Twitter that there is something after the credits. I don't even know what it is. I'm aware of the whole Derpy muffin thing going on in the first one, but I don't care. That tweet isn't even a spoiler, more of just a tip. And I'm glad I found it. Also, I did check out the massive screencap dump before the movie was (briefly) released to theaters, which included such things as Daft Punk Rarity, Lyra and Bon Bon, and other things. I won't mention anything that wasn't in the Equestria Daily post.
And I click on the link provided on Equestria Daily, and... blocked my Hasbro. Damn it. Oh look, Dropbox link. "Error (509) This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!"

OH COME ON. Time to search elsewhere. However, I can still watch this:

(Searches for real movie, stops caring about spoilers at this point)

"Stream and chat"
No thanks. I just want an HD upload.

And found one that's 69 minutes long. Looks legit. Let's see.
Nope. Some other link. Time to look again.

Screw it, I'll just wait for Equestria Daily to drop another link.

And apparently the TV version is cut. And I don't want to settle for that. Time to keep waiting.

Time to recycle this post later.

Also, it looks like that upload I was gonna go to made its way to Google Drive, and is still there at the time of writing this. But I don't care.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Okay, that's cute.

And as of today (Thursday), I've officially been a brony for 3 years, and counting. 3 years ago, I decided to check out the show, and I don't regret it.

Also, there's a new one of those EQUESTRIA GIRLS videos.

Also, I decided to dig up my inaugural post:
Well, I watched an episode of My Little Pony, and this show isn't bad! I watched the two part with Discord. I kind of like that Rainbow Dash character. I might watch this show more. I get it in Canada, so it's all good. And we have a terabyte PVR (though it is 35% full, with loads of movies), so there's plenty room for more ponies. Now when will I watch Robot Chicken?

Oh wait, update: Just watched another episode: Lesson Zero. Talk about a close call in deadlines.
No, I've hardly ever watched Robot Chicken. And that PVR? It's since died, and has been replaced by a tuner with a built in 500 gig hard drive. And I never knew Luna's return in Luna Eclipsed was such a big deal, cause I never knew much about Luna, because of the timing of my boarding of the brony train. How things have changed over 3 years.

Also, Equestria Daily posted a thing about the Rainbow Rocks commentary. Warning, spoilers ahead. At this point, I'm caring less and less about spoilers for this stupid thing, and I've stopped caring completely about all that "Following my rainbow" crap from almost a month ago. But I'm not completely opening the floodgates, as I'm not specifically searching for spoilers from the movie. But I won't care if I find them accidentally. For example, the article linked mentions how The Dazzlings' true forms go undefeated first time around. I'm already aware of The Dazzlings' true forms and what happens at the end. I guess it will be interesting to see how it plays out, I guess. Whatever. Speaking of that, in my random YouTube pony video browsing, I keep seeing the same video, a compilation of all the Rainbow Rocks songs, and it's annoying, because thumbnail: Adagio Dazzle transforming into her true form. Well, that's what it looks like. I may be wrong, but I'm sure that's what it is. Whatever, I almost don't have to wait anymore. Okay, I could have watched uploads of the Discovery Family airing, but I didn't want to settle for it, because some scenes were cut, and I care greatly about this for some ungodly reason.

Last edited:
an_encouraging_word_by_drawponies-d83yv7s.png

Okay, that's cute.

And as of today (Thursday), I've officially been a brony for 3 years, and counting. 3 years ago, I decided to check out the show, and I don't regret it.

Also, there's a new one of those EQUESTRIA GIRLS videos.

Also, I decided to dig up my inaugural post:

No, I've hardly ever watched Robot Chicken. And that PVR? It's since died, and has been replaced by a tuner with a built in 500 gig hard drive. And I never knew Luna's return in Luna Eclipsed was such a big deal, cause I never knew much about Luna, because of the timing of my boarding of the brony train. How things have changed over 3 years.

Also, Equestria Daily posted a thing about the Rainbow Rocks commentary. Warning, spoilers ahead. At this point, I'm caring less and less about spoilers for this stupid thing, and I've stopped caring completely about all that "Following my rainbow" crap from almost a month ago. But I'm not completely opening the floodgates, as I'm not specifically searching for spoilers from the movie. But I won't care if I find them accidentally. For example, the article linked mentions how The Dazzlings' true forms go undefeated first time around. I'm already aware of The Dazzlings' true forms and what happens at the end. I guess it will be interesting to see how it plays out, I guess. Whatever. Speaking of that, in my random YouTube pony video browsing, I keep seeing the same video, a compilation of all the Rainbow Rocks songs, and it's annoying, because thumbnail: Adagio Dazzle transforming into her true form. Well, that's what it looks like. I may be wrong, but I'm sure that's what it is. Whatever, I almost don't have to wait anymore. Okay, I could have watched uploads of the Discovery Family airing, but I didn't want to settle for it, because some scenes were cut, and I care greatly about this for some ungodly reason.

Ah, me too. 3 years of Derpy bias. The exact time i bought GT5.

Reasons behind this is because its characther right down to the color was in my imagination all along DECADES ago based on my dethroned childhood. Just replace muffins with cars honestly. Surprising it comes out as ponies, the toy that im allergy to.

Back